Jump to content


How to change XVM to recent WN8 instead of Average


  • Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Tankthief #1 Posted Nov 04 2014 - 23:13

    Captain

  • Players
  • 22163 battles
  • 1,345
  • Member since:
    03-05-2012
XVm shows average wn8 on Battle Screen. Is it possible to chance to 30 or 60 day wn8?

_Anfield_ #2 Posted Nov 04 2014 - 23:14

    Major

  • Players
  • 39835 battles
  • 4,017
  • Member since:
    08-28-2011
No, and even if there was it wouldn't be very useful.

Baddy_ #3 Posted Nov 04 2014 - 23:29

    Major

  • Players
  • 19920 battles
  • 3,040
  • Member since:
    03-09-2014
How wouldn't it be useful? For all I know, that lime green player I about to come across could have 2.5k recent and play like it, too.

nkobile #4 Posted Nov 04 2014 - 23:33

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 16656 battles
  • 768
  • Member since:
    05-06-2011
I agree. 60 day WN8 would be very informative. If you get Aslain's XVM modpack it will show overall WN8 and winrate, but also the win rate in the tank that all players in the battle are currently driving. That is actually somewhat useful.

brentw11 #5 Posted Nov 04 2014 - 23:35

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 36921 battles
  • 160
  • [BULBA] BULBA
  • Member since:
    09-28-2011
All the better to click u with son...@anfield

_Anfield_ #6 Posted Nov 04 2014 - 23:39

    Major

  • Players
  • 39835 battles
  • 4,017
  • Member since:
    08-28-2011
Because wn8 is so dependent on your tank selection, and there's rampant padding especially with the current light tanks. 

OrdainedSinner #7 Posted Nov 04 2014 - 23:39

    Captain

  • Players
  • 5145 battles
  • 1,396
  • Member since:
    07-04-2011

View PostAnfield, on Nov 04 2014 - 22:14, said:

No, and even if there was it wouldn't be very useful.

 

How so? It would be a good deal more accurate than the current setup. What if a guys kid was staying the summer with him and he let him play WOT when he wasn't on the PC himself. His ratings go down, but lets say the kid goes back to the mother after the summer is over and now he has been cranking out good games left and right. People seem to forger this is a videogame and is not really at the forefront of everyone's lives except for the people who make this their sole priority.
 

View PostAnfield, on Nov 04 2014 - 22:39, said:

Because wn8 is so dependent on your tank selection, and there's rampant padding especially with the current light tanks. 



There have always been stat padding. It used to be much easier actually.


Edited by ZeroV, Nov 04 2014 - 23:39.


_Anfield_ #8 Posted Nov 04 2014 - 23:42

    Major

  • Players
  • 39835 battles
  • 4,017
  • Member since:
    08-28-2011

Padding is actually easier with WN8 than is has ever been before, efficiency cap fasting relied on you actually being in positions to cap, with wn8 just pick a low expected tank and you're set. People know it too.

 

Your scenario makes no sense, and actually defeats the point you were trying to make.


Edited by Anfield, Nov 04 2014 - 23:42.


OrdainedSinner #9 Posted Nov 04 2014 - 23:44

    Captain

  • Players
  • 5145 battles
  • 1,396
  • Member since:
    07-04-2011

View PostAnfield, on Nov 04 2014 - 22:42, said:

Padding is actually easier with WN8 than is has ever been before, efficiency cap fasting relied on you actually being in positions to cap, with wn8 just pick a low expected tank and you're set. People know it too.

 

Your scenario makes no sense, and actually defeats the point you were trying to make.

 

The child custody scenario? Makes perfect sense. It is how it was with my half brother growing up. School year was with his mother, summer was with his dad. Which was also My dad. And I have met quite a few other people who had the same or have the same setup now.

ubKNOCKiou5 #10 Posted Nov 04 2014 - 23:44

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 14013 battles
  • 669
  • Member since:
    06-26-2013
I agree that it wouldn't be very useful. Players that play at a level that is above average you will know by their tactics and positioning. Try turning off XVM, great way to figure out how to spot players who aren't terrible at this game.

brentw11 #11 Posted Nov 04 2014 - 23:45

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 36921 battles
  • 160
  • [BULBA] BULBA
  • Member since:
    09-28-2011
U should be happy to have camoed wn8...I wouldn't want my recent wn8 to show up ingame because arty uses xvm and they always prioritize the purple toasters!!!

ubKNOCKiou5 #12 Posted Nov 04 2014 - 23:46

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 14013 battles
  • 669
  • Member since:
    06-26-2013

View PostZeroV, on Nov 04 2014 - 17:44, said:

 

The child custody scenario? Makes perfect sense. It is how it was with my half brother growing up. School year was with his mother, summer was with his dad. Which was also My dad. And I have met quite a few other people who had the same or have the same setup now.

 

What?

OrdainedSinner #13 Posted Nov 04 2014 - 23:47

    Captain

  • Players
  • 5145 battles
  • 1,396
  • Member since:
    07-04-2011

View PostxConcreteDonkeyx, on Nov 04 2014 - 22:46, said:

 

What?

 

What what? I was responding to Anfield.

 


Edited by ZeroV, Nov 04 2014 - 23:48.


ubKNOCKiou5 #14 Posted Nov 04 2014 - 23:49

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 14013 battles
  • 669
  • Member since:
    06-26-2013

View PostZeroV, on Nov 04 2014 - 17:47, said:

 

What what? I was responding to Anfield.

 

 

I know you were but that explanation. I have no idea what is happening there...not being rude just asking for more explanation.

arizonalightning #15 Posted Nov 04 2014 - 23:53

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 3179 battles
  • 182
  • Member since:
    09-29-2014

View PostZeroV, on Nov 04 2014 - 17:39, said:

 

How so? It would be a good deal more accurate than the current setup. What if a guys kid was staying the summer with him and he let him play WOT when he wasn't on the PC himself. His ratings go down, but lets say the kid goes back to the mother after the summer is over and now he has been cranking out good games left and right. People seem to forger this is a videogame and is not really at the forefront of everyone's lives except for the people who make this their sole priority.
 



There have always been stat padding. It used to be much easier actually.

 

Except account sharing is bannable.

 



brentw11 #16 Posted Nov 04 2014 - 23:53

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 36921 battles
  • 160
  • [BULBA] BULBA
  • Member since:
    09-28-2011
bottom line wn8 by itself is not I good indicator of someones skill in wot...because as anfield said it is much to easy to farm...trust me I know!!!!! Lttb best wn8 farm:)

Contro #17 Posted Nov 04 2014 - 23:54

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 19006 battles
  • 270
  • Member since:
    02-15-2013
I wish it could show 60 day WN8. My overall is 937 but my recent is 1591. it would show how people are doing as of right now, not including their noobish days

_Anfield_ #18 Posted Nov 04 2014 - 23:55

    Major

  • Players
  • 39835 battles
  • 4,017
  • Member since:
    08-28-2011

View PostZeroV, on Nov 04 2014 - 14:44, said:

 

The child custody scenario? Makes perfect sense. It is how it was with my half brother growing up. School year was with his mother, summer was with his dad. Which was also My dad. And I have met quite a few other people who had the same or have the same setup now.

So your argument for recent wn8 is that players have their stats brought down by their children while they are staying with them because of custody agreements.

 

If you care enough to want your wn8 to be shown a certain way in xvm then you shouldn't be letting your child play your account. Also while your child is playing your recents wouldn't be accurate in xvm anyway. And i can't imagine them playing enough battles to damage your overall.



_Anfield_ #19 Posted Nov 04 2014 - 23:56

    Major

  • Players
  • 39835 battles
  • 4,017
  • Member since:
    08-28-2011

View Postarizonalightning, on Nov 04 2014 - 14:53, said:

 

Except account sharing is bannable.

 

 

No. It's not. 

 

You can't buy accounts though, there can be no monetary exchange for ownership. 



WarPaint #20 Posted Nov 05 2014 - 00:00

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 4653 battles
  • 986
  • Member since:
    04-18-2011
only advantage i see would be instead of the dead black i can seldom read i might be less depressed at teams if the color was prettier




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users