Jump to content


How to change XVM to recent WN8 instead of Average


  • Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

OrdainedSinner #21 Posted Nov 05 2014 - 00:00

    Captain

  • Players
  • 5145 battles
  • 1,396
  • Member since:
    07-04-2011

View PostxConcreteDonkeyx, on Nov 04 2014 - 22:49, said:

 

I know you were but that explanation. I have no idea what is happening there...not being rude just asking for more explanation.

 

I was just explaining one instance in which someone could have stats that do not reflect their actual skill level. I am willing to explain that situation more if you need, but those are just individual custody agreements. Not everyone gets the same setup. It varies by lifestyles, area, and income level.

 

View Postarizonalightning, on Nov 04 2014 - 22:53, said:

 

Except account sharing is bannable.

 


And speeding and rolling stops are traffic violations. Know anyone who has ever done either of those?
 

View PostAnfield, on Nov 04 2014 - 22:55, said:

So your argument for recent wn8 is that players have their stats brought down by their children while they are staying with them because of custody agreements.

 

If you care enough to want your wn8 to be shown a certain way in xvm then you shouldn't be letting your child play your account. Also while your child is playing your recents wouldn't be accurate in xvm anyway. And i can't imagine them playing enough battles to damage your overall.

 

 

I have no kids so I could truly care less in that scenario. I am just explaining that recent Win 8 can indeed be a more accurate indication of the player. You could really just make that logical argument on the grounds that people improve over time. The more games played the more an individual players skill level is likely to increase. As such only the most recent games are really any accurate indication of the players current abilities.

Then again I don't use XVM. I did back when I cared alot more about stats and played in CW's. Left the clans, stopped caring. Now I actually do better and enjoy myself more. I was simply pointing something out.

 

 



DMan360 #22 Posted Nov 05 2014 - 00:02

    Captain

  • Players
  • 20594 battles
  • 1,776
  • Member since:
    03-18-2012

View PostAnfield, on Nov 04 2014 - 17:39, said:

Because wn8 is so dependent on your tank selection, and there's rampant padding especially with the current light tanks. 

 

But some people stat paded their overall too. How do you differentiate?

Mr_Fantabulous #23 Posted Nov 05 2014 - 00:05

    Captain

  • Players
  • 27958 battles
  • 1,387
  • Member since:
    05-23-2011

Stats make everyone a-holes. Period. They really do have a negative impact on the community and game. Having stats available outside of the game only would be a vast improvement. But if the API keeps allowing enough data for statistics to be displayed in-game then it will continue to ruin gameplay as well.

 

IMHO they need to really tighten down on what the API allows 3rd parties access too and even an option for players to NOT share ANY of their data if they so desire.



_Anfield_ #24 Posted Nov 05 2014 - 00:06

    Major

  • Players
  • 39835 battles
  • 4,017
  • Member since:
    08-28-2011

View PostDMan360, on Nov 04 2014 - 15:02, said:

 

But some people stat paded their overall too. How do you differentiate?

 

It's true, but since most players have played through a large variety of tanks in their overalls, it's less bloated than what you can do with your recents.

 

Keep in mind I don't like wn8 as a metric, I'm not even sure it's better than wn7 or the improved efficiency, the service record will always be the most reliable source, but since people continue to run xvm (my life would be easier if they didn't), this recent vs overall discussion pops up, and I'd like to point out to people things they might not have considered. Or have considered because they are the very people I'm talking about.

 

Everyone is so desperate to look as good as they can in XVM. If only they knew the horror....


Edited by Anfield, Nov 05 2014 - 00:07.


DMan360 #25 Posted Nov 05 2014 - 00:16

    Captain

  • Players
  • 20594 battles
  • 1,776
  • Member since:
    03-18-2012

View PostAnfield, on Nov 04 2014 - 18:06, said:

 

It's true, but since most players have played through a large variety of tanks in their overalls, it's less bloated than what you can do with your recents.

 

Keep in mind I don't like wn8 as a metric, I'm not even sure it's better than wn7 or the improved efficiency, the service record will always be the most reliable source, but since people continue to run xvm (my life would be easier if they didn't), this recent vs overall discussion pops up, and I'd like to point out to people things they might not have considered. Or have considered because they are the very people I'm talking about.

 

Everyone is so desperate to look as good as they can in XVM. If only they knew the horror....

 

I honestly just work on winning the game instead of wn8 farming, which inadvertently leads to my 60 day wn8. I'm not saying I'm purple in skill (personally, I think there is a large percentage of purples who really aren't at the skill of unicum, there are only a select few who are really worthy of the title) but there is no way I have the skill of a 1600 wn8 player. That is what I don't get about people saying recent doesn't matter. I play much better than my overall but I don't think I actually play at a purple level. I think most people's true skill is about 300-500 points lower than their actual 60 day, which makes sense cause even in the worst tanks, I can still run about a 2250. Just my 2 cents.

Tytoo #26 Posted Nov 05 2014 - 00:17

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 32741 battles
  • 902
  • [-G-] -G-
  • Member since:
    11-16-2011
Gives us the opportunity to use the Avrg. Dmg for the tank used and the WR for the tank used and you would have a nice picture of the player in front of you 99.9% of the time.

OrdainedSinner #27 Posted Nov 05 2014 - 00:21

    Captain

  • Players
  • 5145 battles
  • 1,396
  • Member since:
    07-04-2011

View PostTytoo, on Nov 04 2014 - 23:17, said:

Gives us the opportunity to use the Avrg. Dmg for the tank used and the WR for the tank used and you would have a nice picture of the player in front of you 99.9% of the time.

 

I tend to make my personal judgement off average dmg and average xp earned. I can't see that in battle though.

PrototypeRewired #28 Posted Nov 05 2014 - 00:31

    Major

  • Players
  • 13420 battles
  • 5,179
  • Member since:
    02-01-2012

View Postarizonalightning, on Nov 04 2014 - 17:53, said:

 

Except account sharing is bannable.

 

 

No it actually isn't. Ask any WG employee, it's frowned upon. But not enforceable.

_Anfield_ #29 Posted Nov 05 2014 - 00:45

    Major

  • Players
  • 39835 battles
  • 4,017
  • Member since:
    08-28-2011

View PostDMan360, on Nov 04 2014 - 15:16, said:

 

I honestly just work on winning the game instead of wn8 farming, which inadvertently leads to my 60 day wn8. I'm not saying I'm purple in skill (personally, I think there is a large percentage of purples who really aren't at the skill of unicum, there are only a select few who are really worthy of the title) but there is no way I have the skill of a 1600 wn8 player. That is what I don't get about people saying recent doesn't matter. I play much better than my overall but I don't think I actually play at a purple level. I think most people's true skill is about 300-500 points lower than their actual 60 day, which makes sense cause even in the worst tanks, I can still run about a 2250. Just my 2 cents.

Very true.

 

I get what you're saying, but I still would have a harder time trusting people's recents.

View PostTytoo, on Nov 04 2014 - 15:17, said:

Gives us the opportunity to use the Avrg. Dmg for the tank used and the WR for the tank used and you would have a nice picture of the player in front of you 99.9% of the time.

Very true, but average dmg on that tank only works on the RU server. RIP us



arizonalightning #30 Posted Nov 05 2014 - 01:07

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 3179 battles
  • 182
  • Member since:
    09-29-2014

View PostPrototypePegasus, on Nov 04 2014 - 18:31, said:

 

No it actually isn't. Ask any WG employee, it's frowned upon. But not enforceable.

 

Yes it is. It's in the TOS regardless of what you think an employee states.

If they didn't care it wouldn't be in the TOS. whether they enforce it or not, well you find out.

I sure wouldn't take your word on it.

https://na.wargaming...rchasing-policy

"Players must keep all account information confidential. At no time should a player give out their e-mail, account ID or password, secret question or answer to anyone. This includes friends, relatives, parents, children, spouses, co-workers, clan members, clan leader, and so on. The account owner is responsible for their accounts actions at all times. This means that if anyone logs into your account such as a family member or even hackers, you are held responsible."

2.08. All types of ads for sale, exchange, or other options for the transfer of accounts from one user to another violate EULA and are prohibited in all game chats and channels.


Edited by arizonalightning, Nov 05 2014 - 01:09.


RodneyDangerfield #31 Posted Nov 05 2014 - 01:16

    Major

  • Players
  • 72344 battles
  • 6,106
  • Member since:
    04-29-2011

View Postarizonalightning, on Nov 05 2014 - 00:07, said:

 

Yes it is. It's in the TOS regardless of what you think an employee states.

If they didn't care it wouldn't be in the TOS. whether they enforce it or not, well you find out.

I sure wouldn't take your word on it.

https://na.wargaming...rchasing-policy

"Players must keep all account information confidential. At no time should a player give out their e-mail, account ID or password, secret question or answer to anyone. This includes friends, relatives, parents, children, spouses, co-workers, clan members, clan leader, and so on. The account owner is responsible for their accounts actions at all times. This means that if anyone logs into your account such as a family member or even hackers, you are held responsible."

2.08. All types of ads for sale, exchange, or other options for the transfer of accounts from one user to another violate EULA and are prohibited in all game chats and channels.

Yes and I could easily log my brother into my account or vice versa to share, no transfer needed.  Account sharing is perfectly acceptable.



OrdainedSinner #32 Posted Nov 05 2014 - 01:18

    Captain

  • Players
  • 5145 battles
  • 1,396
  • Member since:
    07-04-2011

View Postarizonalightning, on Nov 05 2014 - 00:07, said:

 

Yes it is. It's in the TOS regardless of what you think an employee states.

If they didn't care it wouldn't be in the TOS. whether they enforce it or not, well you find out.

I sure wouldn't take your word on it.

https://na.wargaming...rchasing-policy

"Players must keep all account information confidential. At no time should a player give out their e-mail, account ID or password, secret question or answer to anyone. This includes friends, relatives, parents, children, spouses, co-workers, clan members, clan leader, and so on. The account owner is responsible for their accounts actions at all times. This means that if anyone logs into your account such as a family member or even hackers, you are held responsible."

2.08. All types of ads for sale, exchange, or other options for the transfer of accounts from one user to another violate EULA and are prohibited in all game chats and channels.


Take some classes in law and you will find out how valuable single words can be in regards to legal contracts. The key words used in your post is "exchange, transfer". Exchange or transfer are fundamentally different from share


Edited by ZeroV, Nov 05 2014 - 01:21.


leon_phelps #33 Posted Nov 05 2014 - 02:46

    Major

  • Players
  • 37944 battles
  • 3,481
  • Member since:
    03-25-2012

View PostDerHeer, on Nov 04 2014 - 22:29, said:

How wouldn't it be useful? For all I know, that lime green player I about to come across could have 2.5k recent and play like it, too.

 

your stats are  padded being a reroll that in the beginning seal clubbed at tier 1. explain the thread rerollhttp://forum.worldof...__fromsearch__1

 



Tankthief #34 Posted Nov 05 2014 - 08:14

    Captain

  • Players
  • 22163 battles
  • 1,345
  • Member since:
    03-05-2012

View PostAnfield, on Nov 04 2014 - 23:14, said:

No, and even if there was it wouldn't be very useful.

 

Indeed well said. I would see fake purples around. Thanks for the reply....

Moguai #35 Posted Nov 05 2014 - 08:33

    Major

  • Players
  • 39663 battles
  • 10,137
  • [ATO] ATO
  • Member since:
    05-17-2012

View Postbrentw11, on Nov 04 2014 - 15:53, said:

bottom line wn8 by itself is not I good indicator of someones skill in wot...because as anfield said it is much to easy to farm...trust me I know!!!!! Lttb best wn8 farm:)

 

Sure the LTTB is "easy" to farm right now, But when they update the values with true values that ~700 damage is going to jump up to ~1200 and all that "padding was for nothing as you 4000 avg. WN8 will now only be worth 2200.

Moguai #36 Posted Nov 05 2014 - 08:41

    Major

  • Players
  • 39663 battles
  • 10,137
  • [ATO] ATO
  • Member since:
    05-17-2012

View PostZeroV, on Nov 04 2014 - 17:18, said:


Take some classes in law and you will find out how valuable single words can be in regards to legal contracts. The key words used in your post is "exchange, transfer". Exchange or transfer are fundamentally different from share

 

Forgot about the catch all......  "or other options for the transfer of accounts from one user to another " Which means you can not even give it away.

 

Having a Corp. Lawyer in the clan is always helpful also helps that he is also on retainer for me.



SpeedWeaponry #37 Posted Nov 25 2014 - 23:25

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 47394 battles
  • 166
  • Member since:
    05-02-2012

Yes, I too wish that XVM could show recent WN8.  Many players have gotten better over time and now play far better than their overall WN8.  And some haven't.  Overall WN8 doesn't distinguish them the way the 30 day WN8 does.  

 

When someone applies to join SIMP I look at their recent WN8 a whole lot closer than their overall.  My early battles when I couldn't move and shoot at the same time and couldn't hit a moving target don't reflect my current skill level.  It's probably the same for everyone.

 


Edited by SpeedWeaponry, Nov 25 2014 - 23:29.


JPower #38 Posted Nov 28 2014 - 08:39

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 20718 battles
  • 228
  • Member since:
    02-07-2013
Well this has been disappointing. I really thought there wpuld be a way. I have a similar situation with Mayhem... Except I'm trying to recruit instead of looking over apps lol. When I'm trying to find good players, I'm interested in how they are NOW. So generally I look for people within 200 or less overall of our 60 day req, or just people i see aying skillfully, and then i search them on wotlabs, see what tanks they have, check out service rec, etc. however, I'm sure I'm missing lots of potential recruits whose overalls don't show their true potential, i fir one didn't really start giving a sh*t until around 7k battles or so, and then had to start digging myself out of the hole. I remember getting pumped when i went from red to orange lol.

munchlax2k14 #39 Posted Apr 15 2017 - 16:02

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 21323 battles
  • 98
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI
  • Member since:
    08-27-2014

View PostJPower, on Nov 28 2014 - 02:39, said:

Well this has been disappointing. I really thought there wpuld be a way. I have a similar situation with Mayhem... Except I'm trying to recruit instead of looking over apps lol. When I'm trying to find good players, I'm interested in how they are NOW. So generally I look for people within 200 or less overall of our 60 day req, or just people i see aying skillfully, and then i search them on wotlabs, see what tanks they have, check out service rec, etc. however, I'm sure I'm missing lots of potential recruits whose overalls don't show their true potential, i fir one didn't really start giving a sh*t until around 7k battles or so, and then had to start digging myself out of the hole. I remember getting pumped when i went from red to orange lol.

 

Same bro, i got into SNPAI at 13k battles when i had 700overall and 2100recents, the easiest way to recruit for a clan like 5LINE is to do evals and just check on wotlabs, make sure recents fit ur reqs and their recent avg tier is above 7 so u they not pubby seal clubbing, but rather seal clubbing @t9 ;)

Nebuli #40 Posted Apr 18 2017 - 18:20

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 30006 battles
  • 13
  • Member since:
    04-22-2014

O my whatever,!!!!!

 

Really this is a stupid argument.

 

The most resent any information stats, is more useful then overall and/or average any stats.  Yes some people stat pad but not that many and even if their are many stat padders their padding not only effects the resent but overall also.

 

As for the cry babies, the information is there, it's not going away, no matter how much you personally dislike it or like it.

 

Now here it is PERSONALLY I look at the tank makeup, platoons and top clans of both teams and which map we are on. If the tank classes seem to be going were they will do the most good for the map we are on. This tells me more often (like 70 to 80% of the time) the outcome of the battle.

 

I am not looking for trends... personally the most current information would be of the most use when utilized with the other available information.

 

Cheers and have a nice day.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users