Here's a Great Suggestion for our wot developers :)

• Please log in to reply
199 replies to this topic

Poll: Let's put a Newcomers' Forum link in our garage. (60 members have cast votes)

Would you like to see a direct forum link in our garage..?

1. Yes, I think this link would be a great idea! ...especially for our newer players (46 votes [76.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 76.67%

2. No. I like having poor quality games, and I don't want our new players learning how to get better (14 votes [23.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

Iron_Soul_Stealer #1 Posted Nov 06 2014 - 00:22

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

Greetings everyone,

I'm just curious here, but why doesn't Wargaming.net put a 'Link' in the garage that takes new players {or any player..} directly to the Newcomers' Forum, so they can read about tanks, learn game mechanics, learn tank weak spots, and of course...read newbie-guides etc..? I mean c'mon...we're all guilty of complaining here, time and time again, about the poor quality of players...right..? So, let's start doing something constructive and inclusive about it. *Let's put an easily visible link in our garage.....how about the top, left hand corner, just under our username...that would be great!

And the good thing about this idea, is: the link would be right in our garage, and whenever a player wants to refresh their tank knowledge, or if they are "curious to learn more?" they could just click the link. We won't have to constantly try to teach random players how to play, or drag them into training rooms...kicking and screaming. We simply let them.. come to us. It is probably true that the majority of our player base has never even visited the forum at all...and this suggestion might at least get their foot-in-the-door. I know...it's not perfect, but I think it will help a lot...and besides, how do we know unless we try...?  .....and right now Wargaming.net isn't even trying this. *Wargaming, if you build it, they will come...

This direct 'Link to the Newcomers Forum', in our Garage. could even look something like this: "Would you like to learn how to be a better tanker?"  '<Click Here>'

I sincerely believe that Wargaming.net should be doing more to make this forum more easily accessible...and this first step/link to the forum would not be that difficult to create, or implement.

Furthermore, how about creating a mandatory link/button that new players have to click that take them directly to the Newcomers' Forum, while they are waiting to download the game client for the first time...? What better way to spend their time waiting! This "foot-in-the-door" scenario is better than nothing...and I believe if players were here, at least once...they will come back to learn...and sooner than you think. And having this direct link to the forum will increase the overall quality of our gaming experience, and create a more knowledgeable player-base, and hopefully build some teamwork skills too! It's a win/win for everybody!

Let me know what you think,  :eyesup:

*Oh, and this link should be located directly in our garage, and should be easily, and clearly visible...preferably in the top, left hand corner of the screen...just below our username. *see below:

^..and yes, that's really my messy 'e-writing', IRL... :B

-Iron_Soul_Stealer

Lert #2 Posted Nov 06 2014 - 00:24

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 44431 battles

I like it. Been suggested before, though.

Still, a good idea is a good idea.

Dust_ #3 Posted Nov 06 2014 - 00:26

Major

• Players
  • 15226 battles
Something that other game has had (or similar to) for a while now ...

pizzastorm #4 Posted Nov 06 2014 - 00:28

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 10736 battles

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Nov 05 2014 - 15:22, said:

Hey guys/gals,

Just curious here, but why doesn't Wargaming.net put a 'link' in the garage that takes new players {or any player..} directly to the Newcomers forum, so they can read about tanks, learn game mechanics,

tank weak spots, read Lerts guides etc...? I mean we're all guilty of complaining here, time and time again, about the poor quality of players/game-play...right..? So let's start doing something proactive about it.

And the good thing about this idea, is: the link would be right in our garage, and whenever a player wants to refresh their tank knowledge, or if they are "curious to learn more?" they could just click the link.

We won't have to constantly try to teach random players how to play, or drag them into training rooms...kicking and screaming. We simply let them.. come to us. It is probably true that the majority of our player base has never even visited the forum at all...and this suggestion might at least get their foot-in-the-door. I know...it's not 'perfect', but I think it will help a lot...and besides, how do we know unless we try...?  .....and right now Waragming.net isn't even trying this. *Wargaming, if you build it, they will come...

*I sincerely believe that Wargaming.net should be doing more to make this forum more easily accessible...and this first step/link to the forum would not be that difficult to create, or implement.

*Like how about creating a mandatory link/button that new players have to click that take them directly to the newcomers forum, while they are waiting to download the game client for the first time...?

What better way to spend their time waiting! This "foot-in-the-door" scenario is better than nothing...and I believe if players were here, at least once...they will come back to learn...and sooner than you think...   And this will increase the overall quality of the game/player-base, and hopefully build some teamwork skills.....it's a win/win for everybody!

Let me know what you think,  :eyesup:

-ISS

Something that I have been requesting for a while. Would love to see this in our game.

ImNotMad_ImDisappoint #5 Posted Nov 06 2014 - 00:31

Captain

• Players
  • 19171 battles
That wouldnt be amiss in my opinion.. would be nice to have insta-acess to forums 

SymbiosisBC #6 Posted Nov 06 2014 - 00:33

Major

• Players
  • 14858 battles

I support this idea!  Great for the game, great for new players, and great for veteran players!

(I suppose this idea will come to fruition before my idea of requiring IQ tests before advancing to next tiers... )   :teethhappy:  

Iron_Soul_Stealer #7 Posted Nov 06 2014 - 00:37

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View PostLert, on Nov 05 2014 - 18:24, said:

I like it. Been suggested before, though.

Still, a good idea is a good idea.

^..If this same idea was suggested before....and everyone seems to agree that it's a great idea...then forgive me for asking, again....but why hasn't it been implemented yet..?

SymbiosisBC #8 Posted Nov 06 2014 - 00:48

Major

• Players
  • 14858 battles

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Nov 05 2014 - 16:37, said:

Hey Lert,

If this same idea was suggested before....and everyone seems to agree that it's a great idea...then forgive me for asking, again....but why hasn't it been implemented yet..?

With Pizzastorm having already replied to this topic (agreeing that the idea has merit), perhaps we can ask him that question...

Iron_Soul_Stealer #9 Posted Nov 06 2014 - 00:55

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View PostSymbiosisBC, on Nov 05 2014 - 18:48, said:

With Pizzastorm having already replied to this topic (agreeing that the idea has merit), perhaps we can ask him that question...

Ok...I will ask him...

View Postpizzastorm, on Nov 05 2014 - 18:28, said:

Something that I have been requesting for a while. Would love to see this in our game.

Hey pizzastorm, :eyesup:

So, my question again.....*why hasn't this suggestion/link been implemented yet...?

vonkevin #10 Posted Nov 06 2014 - 01:02

Captain

• Players
  • 30650 battles
You're assuming noobs can read.  ;)

Skramjet #11 Posted Nov 06 2014 - 01:04

Major

• -Players-
  • 14240 battles

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Nov 05 2014 - 18:37, said:

Hey Lert,

If this same idea was suggested before....and everyone seems to agree that it's a great idea...then forgive me for asking, again....but why hasn't it been implemented yet..?

b/c working as intended.

Brunossace #12 Posted Nov 06 2014 - 01:05

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 10869 battles
Like it, my alt tab finger is getting sore. Now all we need is tank inspector in game. That program helps me alot.

RevTKS #13 Posted Nov 06 2014 - 01:07

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 37740 battles
  • [VEXED] VEXED

It generally comes down to 'resources' - Programmers have lots of stuff to do, and while this is a great idea its one of those things that gets put on a list. Then more important stuff gets put on the list and this gets pushed down the list. Eventually it is so far down the list as to become 'never ever really gonna happen.'

What I don't understand, is why a company like WG doesn't get interns to do simple things like this. Bring on new programmers as interns, in America they don't get paid - they work for 'experience,' and let them do small but helpful tasks like this that would improve the game but wouldn't require extensive oversight either. 

Edited by RevTKS, Nov 06 2014 - 01:08.

NutrientibusMeaGallus #14 Posted Nov 06 2014 - 01:08

Major

• Players
  • 20565 battles
  • [FILOX] FILOX

View Postpizzastorm, on Nov 05 2014 - 18:28, said:

This would also be an excuse for updating the Wiki... A very good one too.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #15 Posted Nov 06 2014 - 01:19

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View Postvonkevin, on Nov 05 2014 - 19:02, said:

You're assuming noobs can read.  ;)

^ well.....:eyesup:  ...I know you're just kidding with that...mostly..., and to be fair to our pubbies....there are also plenty of video-links/training-videos, here to choose from...any little bit helps...and goes a long way....

Iron_Soul_Stealer #16 Posted Nov 06 2014 - 17:52

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View PostSkramjet, on Nov 05 2014 - 19:04, said:

b/c working as intended.

so...what, exactly, are you saying here..? :amazed:

Are you saying that Wargaming.net actually doesn't want any more members coming to, or using this forum...? Are you saying they want all this good stuff kept a secret from the pubbie-hoardes...? Say it ain't so...

Iron_Soul_Stealer #17 Posted Nov 07 2014 - 18:30

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View PostDust_, on Nov 05 2014 - 18:26, said:

Something that other game has had (or similar to) for a while now ...

and what other game would that be..? :blinky:

Iron_Soul_Stealer #18 Posted Nov 08 2014 - 18:04

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles
....just checking in, again...:eyesup: we wouldn't want this one getting buried'archived'...now would we...:blinky:

Iron_Soul_Stealer #19 Posted Nov 09 2014 - 22:24

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View PostBrunossace, on Nov 05 2014 - 19:05, said:

Like it, my alt tab finger is getting sore. Now all we need is tank inspector in game. That program helps me alot.

what is this tank inspector thingy...?

Trisania #20 Posted Nov 11 2014 - 03:33

Private

• Players
  • 23942 battles
  • [KON] KON

I just want them to make guns shoot like there suppose to shoot. M4E8 vs M4 derp. M4 Derp will hit and M4E8 will miss more then M4 derp at 200 yrds. WHAT? REALLY? I match shooting at M4 while in M4E8 sitting still. I shot M4 6 times and missed 4 of the shots letting aiming time settle, but M4 hits me all 3 times? Sorry, last I checked 76 M1A2 was WAY more accurate then 120 mm derp gun Mr. Developer. I really think there needs to be some changes towards many tanks in this category. This also applies to KV2 as well. This stuff is not make the game more challenging, it makes developers not look good at all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users