Lets put a forum link in our garage

• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

Poll: Let's put a Newcomers' Forum link in our garage. (67 members have cast votes)

Would you like to see a direct forum link in our garage..?

1. Yes, I think this link would be a great idea! ...especially for our newer players (51 votes [76.12%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 76.12%

2. No. (16 votes [23.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.88%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

Iron_Soul_Stealer #161 Posted Dec 06 2016 - 22:12

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles
  • [JEDI9] JEDI9

WoW! Someone out there actually voted 'No' for my garage/forum link...:D

Not sure why they wouldn't want a better quality and more informed player base..? I guess that just shows the strange level of thinking in this place...

Iron_Soul_Stealer #162 Posted Dec 07 2016 - 01:18

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles
  • [JEDI9] JEDI9

View PostDonacher, on Dec 10 2014 - 12:31, said:

Ever pressed a doorbell button that doesn't actually ring a bell somewhere? Ten minutes of waiting and wondering if anyone even knows you're standing there. Finally you walk away, feeling like an idiot, and on the other side of the peep-hole someone whispers "Good - he's gone. I didn't think he'd ever leave!"

I wonder how many posts in the Suggestions forum end this way.

^..So, are you saying that the good folks and developers at Wargaming.net are deliberately ignoring this garage/forum link suggestion..? Why would they do that..? What do we have to hide around here..?

yvan21 #163 Posted Dec 07 2016 - 02:39

Private

• -Players-
  • 5948 battles
:medalla::palomitas de maiz:

Iron_Soul_Stealer #164 Posted Dec 15 2016 - 00:54

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles
  • [JEDI9] JEDI9

View Postyvan21, on Dec 06 2016 - 20:39, said:

:medalla::palomitas de maiz:

^..The idea is just too good for words....huh..? :B...enjoy your popcorn.

slashngut21 #165 Posted Dec 19 2016 - 01:45

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18075 battles

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Dec 07 2016 - 01:18, said:

^..So, are you saying that the good folks and developers at Wargaming.net are deliberately ignoring this garage/forum link suggestion..? Why would they do that..? What do we have to hide around here..?

LOL you know the answer to that. wot is a bunch of worthless, mindless, crooks. why anyone still pays for this game is beyond me.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #166 Posted Dec 22 2016 - 21:50

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles
  • [JEDI9] JEDI9

View Postslashngut21, on Dec 18 2016 - 19:45, said:

LOL you know the answer to that. wot is a bunch of worthless, mindless, crooks. why anyone still pays for this game is beyond me.

^..So, are you saying that my post was really a rhetorical question..? :coin:..intended to make a point for literary effect...?

slashngut21 #167 Posted Dec 22 2016 - 22:46

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18075 battles

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Dec 22 2016 - 21:50, said:

^..So, are you saying that my post was really a rhetorical question..? :coin:..intended to make a point for literary effect...?

LOL yes.

LotharWarBringer #168 Posted Dec 23 2016 - 01:58

Private

• -Players-
  • 7224 battles
Hey, I know there is a very small chance that this idea of mine gains any gain but could you all in your abundant spare time ;) add a chain as equipment? It could be used as a way of flipping friendly tanks and/or helping them out of their soon to be watery graves. I appreciate you all and love the game. 

1SLUGGO1 #169 Posted Dec 23 2016 - 02:45

Major

• Players
  • 24715 battles

View PostLotharWarBringer, on Dec 22 2016 - 19:58, said:

Hey, I know there is a very small chance that this idea of mine gains any gain but could you all in your abundant spare time ;) add a chain as equipment? It could be used as a way of flipping friendly tanks and/or helping them out of their soon to be watery graves. I appreciate you all and love the game. 

Don't hijack others threads, you already have your own for this topic

Iron_Soul_Stealer #170 Posted Dec 23 2016 - 23:31

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles
  • [JEDI9] JEDI9

View Postslashngut21, on Dec 22 2016 - 16:46, said:

LOL yes.

View Postslashngut21, on Dec 18 2016 - 19:45, said:

LOL you know the answer to that. wot is a bunch of worthless, mindless, crooks. why anyone still pays for this game is beyond me. {< Dude...:ohmy:...not nice}.

^..As I stated earlier, it seems that you may have caught on to my rhetorical question...:B...clever.

And yes, I have to agree with your first point. Unfortunately, I'm starting to believe that I already know the answer to my question. "They" {WG developers/Admins} might be deliberately ignoring and/or stopping the implementation of this garage-to-forum link suggestion for "reasons". Perhaps they might be worried..? ...and so they are intentionally trying to keep our 'average Joe' player population {our true player base majority} from discovering something here. {*ie too many unfair/illegal mods/cheats being used against them in game etc.?} Just a guess...

I do, however, have to respectfully disagree with your last point. I honestly don't believe the staff at Wargaming are terrible, "evil" people. I think they are simply trying to protect and sustain this online pixel tank game for as long as they can...including their jobs. I just happen to disagree with the way they are handling this serious problem of transparency and full community disclosure. Or, should I say the lack thereof..? Lastly, I still sincerely believe this is a great game. I wouldn't be here if I didn't. If you don't feel the same way, then why are you still here..?

slashngut21 #171 Posted Dec 24 2016 - 00:07

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18075 battles

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Dec 23 2016 - 23:31, said:

^..As I stated earlier, it seems that you may have caught on to my rhetorical question...:B...clever.

And yes, I have to agree with your first point. Unfortunately, I'm starting to believe that I already know the answer to my question. "They" {WG developers/Admins} might be deliberately ignoring and/or stopping the implementation of this garage-to-forum link suggestion for "reasons". Perhaps they might be worried..? ...and so they are intentionally trying to keep our 'average Joe' player population {our true player base majority} from discovering something here. {*ie too many unfair/illegal mods/cheats being used against them in game etc.?} Just a guess...

I do, however, have to respectfully disagree with your last point. I honestly don't believe the staff at Wargaming are terrible, "evil" people. I think they are simply trying to protect and sustain this online pixel tank game for as long as they can...including their jobs. I just happen to disagree with the way they are handling this serious problem of transparency and full community disclosure. Or, should I say the lack thereof..? Lastly, I still sincerely believe this is a great game. I wouldn't be here if I didn't. If you don't feel the same way, then why are you still here..?

​Maybe cause I am stupid enough to think they will fix something. They know what they are doing when it comes to screwing us.

_BR_WiLL #172 Posted Dec 24 2016 - 06:12

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3617 battles
They should put on the site to download the TANK INSPECTOR, this helps a lot how to equip and see the weaknesses of their tanks and all others.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #173 Posted Dec 25 2016 - 03:20

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles
  • [JEDI9] JEDI9

View Postslashngut21, on Dec 23 2016 - 18:07, said:

​Maybe cause I am stupid enough to think they will fix something. They know what they are doing when it comes to screwing us.

As I've stated many times before...

*I sincerely don't believe that the staff at Wargaming are bad people, and I don't believe they are deliberately trying to "screw us over" {as you mentioned earlier}. Honestly, I think they do the things they do because they are simply trying to protect and support this online game for as long as possible, while at the same time trying to hold on to their jobs, of course. That's understandable. Are they perfect..? Of course not...no company is. Can they do better..? Of course they can. Improvement is a never ending process, but it's not possible to please everyone all the time.

You mentioned that WG needs to fix something..? The last time I played this game, it didn't seem "broken" to me. But if you think there is something serious that needs fixing, then what is it..? Give me some real examples. Or, in other words, if WG gave you one free hall pass to fix change one major aspect of this game...anything you wanted...what would it be..? Let me know...

Phloyd113 #174 Posted Dec 27 2016 - 19:02

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 14967 battles

Poll with slanted language cannot be taken seriously. Why did you even provide us with the possibility to disagree with you (which I do, but not for the stupid reasons you added to the response)?

This Forum is an ugly place, full of trolls and insults. I enjoyed the game until i felt the need to come here. Now that Isee the population that exists, I don't even want to play the game anymore.

So, PLEASE, for your games own sake, do not ask your new players to visit the forum, or, perhaps finally get some moderators who will do their jobs and clean up the daily trolls in the first place?

So, okay to link to eh Newcomers Forum, but please keep new players away from this forum, asit only gets ugly in here.

Oh, and STOP making polls with such steering descriptions. If you cannot allow people to HONESTLY make up their minds with fairly put polls, then stay out of it altogether.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #175 Posted Dec 28 2016 - 01:11

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles
  • [JEDI9] JEDI9

View PostPhloyd113, on Dec 27 2016 - 13:02, said:

This Forum is an ugly place, full of trolls and insults. I enjoyed the game until i felt the need to come here. Now that Isee the population that exists, I don't even want to play the game anymore.

^..Such a nasty and pessimistic view of our tanker/forum community...:ohmy:

If you think this forum is such a terrible place, then why are you still here..? No one is forcing you to stay. You can always leave at any time.

Remember...

*If all you choose to see is darkness...then you'll never see the light falling all around you.

-Iron

View Post_BR_WiLL, on Dec 24 2016 - 00:12, said:

They should put on the site to download the TANK INSPECTOR, this helps a lot how to equip and see the weaknesses of their tanks and all others.

^..What is this tank inspector thingy..? Anyone know..?

Iron_Soul_Stealer #176 Posted Dec 28 2016 - 23:16

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles
  • [JEDI9] JEDI9

View PostPhloyd113, on Dec 27 2016 - 13:02, said:

Poll with slanted language cannot be taken seriously. Why did you even provide us with the possibility to disagree with you (which I do, but not for the stupid reasons you added to the response)?

So, PLEASE, for your games own sake, do not ask your new players to visit the forum, or, perhaps finally get some moderators who will do their jobs and clean up the daily trolls in the first place?

So, okay to link to eh Newcomers Forum, but please keep new players away from this forum, asit only gets ugly in here.

Oh, and STOP making polls with such steering descriptions. If you cannot allow people to HONESTLY make up their minds with fairly put polls, then stay out of it altogether. {< Quite salty there...}

*Oh, I have another question for you, if you don't mind.

What does the highlighted part of your post supposed to mean..? Because it's not making much sense to me.

So, you are saying that you like the idea of linking new players to the Newcomers section of our forum, but you don't want them coming to "this forum"? You realize that you are in serious danger of contradicting yourself..right..? Again, not sure what you're talking about there. Do you know what forum section you're in right now..? But regardless of that, if a player is brought to the newcomers' section, what's to stop them from easily venturing off and discovering the rest of our tanker community..? As for the rest of your post, well....no offense, but it kinda smells like hotdog water soup...salty.. Just saying...

Iron_Soul_Stealer #177 Posted Dec 30 2016 - 23:16

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles
  • [JEDI9] JEDI9

Well, I just took another quick look at my poll, and it seems overwhelmingly 'slanted' {...;)} in favour of implementing this direct garage to forum link. Almost 90% of our forum community agree that this would be a great idea for our newer players.

Yeah! :)

Beorn_of_the_NorthernSea #178 Posted Dec 30 2016 - 23:25

Major

• -Players-
  • 25728 battles
  • [-SCA-] -SCA-

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Dec 27 2016 - 16:11, said:

^..What is this tank inspector thingy..? Anyone know..?

Um...  Have you ever seen a QuickyBaby video?

~B

Un_Dac #179 Posted Dec 30 2016 - 23:27

Corporal

• Players
  • 660 battles

Great idea.

I think it will be more tricky to implement on the other servers, where the forum is split in multiple languages like EU.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #180 Posted Jan 04 2017 - 00:37

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles
  • [JEDI9] JEDI9

View PostBeornotns, on Dec 30 2016 - 17:25, said:

Um...  Have you ever seen a QuickyBaby video?

~B

^..Yes, I have watched plenty of his videos. This is one of my personal favourites:

But I still don't know what that tank inspector thingy is..?

Must have missed that video. Anyone know..?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users