Lets put a forum link in our garage

• Please log in to reply
210 replies to this topic

Poll: Let's put a Newcomers' Forum link in our garage. (68 members have cast votes)

Would you like to see a direct forum link in our garage..?

1. Yes, I think this link would be a great idea! ...especially for our newer players (51 votes [75.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

2. No. (17 votes [25.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

The_Eliminator6 #201 Posted Nov 16 2018 - 04:46

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 29284 battles
Its sad how the staff in this forum just ignore u when u ask them questions. Would be a great idea to have a WG Youtube vid for feedback like they did for update 9.18 (1.5yrs ago). sad how they ignored most of us. We haven't seen another feedback Youtube since than.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #202 Posted Nov 22 2018 - 01:07

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View PostThe_Eliminator6, on Nov 15 2018 - 22:46, said:

Its sad how the staff in this forum just ignore u when u ask them questions. Would be a great idea to have a WG Youtube vid for feedback like they did for update 9.18 (1.5yrs ago). sad how they ignored most of us. We haven't seen another feedback Youtube since than.

^..It is sad.

And yes, you're right, it seems like they are ignoring us {myself included}. Or, at best, they just pay us lip service 'blow smoke in our faces' and hope we go away. I'm glad someone else here is noticing this. I find it both very unprofessional, as well as unsustainable from a business standpoint. 

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/577069-map-mondays-province/page__st__60__pid__11696957#entry11696957

Just ^one of many examples, here...:facepalm:

leeuniverse #203 Posted Nov 22 2018 - 03:50

Major

• Players
  • 39211 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

Hey ISS bud...  Long time.

LOL, this thread got dug up.  As you, I'm sure know, I'm still complaining about most of the same things I've been complaining about since I started playing the game, and NEW things, crap Physics added, Crap stun, nerfing of tank performance in general, etc.  While there have been a small # of mod related improvements (features added to the game), still have to get most from mod packs, using Aslains now LOL, instead of developing my own mod pack.

Though, if I even have time again, may dev my pack again, but likely not, too much of life to live/survive and try to rebuild.  LOL

Have a good one man...

Iron_Soul_Stealer #204 Posted Dec 02 2018 - 09:38

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View Postleeuniverse, on Nov 21 2018 - 21:50, said:

Hey ISS bud...  Long time.

LOL, this thread got dug up.  As you, I'm sure know, I'm still complaining about most of the same things I've been complaining about since I started playing the game, and NEW things, crap Physics added, Crap stun, nerfing of tank performance in general, etc.  While there have been a small # of mod related improvements (features added to the game), still have to get most from mod packs, using Aslains now LOL, instead of developing my own mod pack.

Though, if I even have time again, may dev my pack again, but likely not, too much of life to live/survive and try to rebuild.  LOL

Have a good one man...

sorry, I don't remember you.

View PostThe_Eliminator6, on Nov 15 2018 - 22:46, said:

^..Yep, and as I've been saying for many years now...

*When staff and developers ignore their player base it creates an atmosphere of mistrust, and perpetuates an unsustainable business model. I don't know how else I can put it. It doesn't get much clearer than that.

VooDooKobra #205 Posted Dec 02 2018 - 09:53

Major

• Players
  • 10000 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View PostThe_Eliminator6, on Nov 15 2018 - 20:46, said:

just out of curiosity do you ask them things in posts or do you PM them?  and do you PM them more than once in case they miss the message?  the fact that they do respond to posts show they do not ignore us but to be fair if you have a specific question topic it may be better to message them 

but back onto topic, Why not have a button for watching youtube training vids  in client?

Edited by VooDooKobra, Dec 02 2018 - 10:03.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #206 Posted Dec 05 2018 - 00:31

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View PostTsarCidron, on Dec 02 2014 - 11:37, said:

Good idea.  But, it will never get implemented.  Why you ask?  Because a player on NA suggested it.  Not some WG staff member, but someone on forums. And, you know as well as I that the ideas here stay here and die here.

^..I never wanted to believe this before, but sadly...I'm left with no choice but to believe that now.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #207 Posted Dec 08 2018 - 04:25

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Dec 04 2018 - 18:31, said:

View PostTsarCidron, on Dec 02 2014 - 11:37, said:

Good idea.  But, it will never get implemented.  Why you ask?  Because a player on NA suggested it.  Not some WG staff member, but someone on forums. And, you know as well as I that the ideas here stay here and die here.

^..I never wanted to believe this before, but sadly...I'm left with no choice but to believe that now.

Dude, is it even too late for a good feedback suggestion here..?  ...:amazed: I'm starting to wonder...

Iron_Soul_Stealer #208 Posted Dec 21 2018 - 22:15

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

Well, another year is almost gone, and 2019 is fast approaching. As promised, we will be seeing many new changes with the game in the coming new year, and I hope we will see a garage link to our forum, as well. Only time will tell. I remain optimistic.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #209 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 10:50

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

Well, it's 2019, and still no link...:facepalm:

Iron_Soul_Stealer #210 Posted Mar 21 2019 - 04:14

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

Happy first day of Spring, everyone in the northern hemisphere...:)

All my troubles are melting away. I remain optimistic. 

Iron_Soul_Stealer #211 Posted Apr 07 2019 - 01:25

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View PostCalcybel, on Sep 11 2015 - 17:10, said:

I agree whole heartedly with the suggestion & shouldn't be that hard to implement.  Already garage link to Gold/Premium Shop, wouldn't be any different.

Yep, and thanks again for your support. And yes, I agree. Putting a simple forum link in our garage is much easier than creating a Wargaming Gaming Center. Not to mention, much more helpful.

View PostWulfeHound, on Nov 01 2015 - 21:38, said:

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Nov 05 2014 - 23:37, said:

If this same idea was suggested before....and everyone seems to agree that it's a great idea...then forgive me for asking, again....but why hasn't it been implemented yet..?

Maybe because the main office hasn't noticed this at all? It's really quite simple when you think about it. 

Or, maybe it's because they are deliberately ignoring it. Besides, this suggestion thread has been here for over 5 years.... so, I'm pretty sure everyone has noticed it by now. 

View PostGorGor_, on Jan 27 2015 - 12:54, said:

Lert is a player perhaps pizzastorm an admin would have more input on this

Ummm...:unsure:

I'm not even sure if pizzastorm is still with us. He now has a blank avatar...and no longer responds to his PM's.

View PostKenshin2kx, on Apr 20 2015 - 19:05, said:

I like the suggestion.  There is a an undeniable elegance to the ergonomic and intuitive presentation of information and command options from a common 'dashboard'.  Nowadays, without thinking, I open up the forum link IN CONJUNCTION with the actual game, so that I could 'toggle' back and forth (as time permits ... or as a momentary rest break).

Often, while flipping back and forth, I have asked myself, what could get attention, and potential awareness from the 'silent' majority of players?  What could act as a unifying beacon, to point the way to the WoT forums for answers?  ... the then obvious jumps out, the game itself.  Since THE common denominator is the desire to play the game (where the garage is the player's neutral 'pregame' hangout) ... WHY NOT use this as the starting point, to the (apparently far lesser known) forums?  The inclusion of this 'short cut' would allow for convenience and advertisement - combined into a 'one stop shop' for the busy tanker, who is constantly on the go ...

Think back to the early giddy days of WoT your enlistment ... the eagerness, anticipation and sheer joy of the game as you cued up for your next match ... think also on those niggling concerns and questions that most of us had as we waited for that encounter ... Does camo really help? What is this thing called perks?  What map will I get?  The list seemed endless ... and for most?  Those questions were never solved as quickly or as painlessly as they could have been ...

Now, as you imagine that brand new player, as he (or she) looks around the 'garage' for the first time ... could you, with all of your hard won experience, see advantage in a large highlighted button .. "WoT Forums Knowledge is Power"?    Well, with my modest experience in the game/forum ... I can.  In fact, I would say that it is my very lack of experience that allows me to 'see' this valuable, but untapped potential.  IMO, for all of its faults, the WoT forums are a great resource for the new player ... but it can only be of help if the player knows of it's existance AND has convenient access ...

Ken, I sincerely hope your comments/ideas {above} were not the precursor to that 'Wargaming Game Center'. We all know how that turned out...:facepalm: I would have preferred if WG had just implemented the forum/garage link instead, and garbage binned the entire WGC.  

View Postpizzastorm, on Nov 05 2014 - 18:28, said:

Something that I have been requesting for a while. Would love to see this in our game.

Hey pizzastorm, what happened to you..? Are you no longer with us anymore ...:unsure:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users