Lets put a forum link in our garage

• Please log in to reply
210 replies to this topic

Poll: Let's put a Newcomers' Forum link in our garage. (68 members have cast votes)

Would you like to see a direct forum link in our garage..?

1. Yes, I think this link would be a great idea! ...especially for our newer players (51 votes [75.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

2. No. (17 votes [25.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

Iron_Soul_Stealer #61 Posted Jan 12 2015 - 01:37

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

Well, it's now officially 2015, and I've just logged-in to my garage, again, to check out the new 9.5, but I still don't see any visible 'Link' to the New players Forum/Section, displayed in our garage..?

What's going on with that link..? ....is there any progress being made...? I have to admit that I was disappointed to see that it's still not there....especially because there is considerable support behind the idea,

even from WG staff.  And it's such an easy thing to add.... not to mention it's a huge, and inclusive step in the right direction for our player base.

*Consequently, I guess I didn't quite make the 'cut' for Wargaming's nice list, because all I really wanted for Christmas was world peace, a time machine, and to see this 'Newcomer's Link' in our garage....

and I realize those first two were a bit of a stretch, but I honestly didn't think that asking for this link was out of the question...that's why I was so disappointed. I'll be sure to work much harder this year, Wargaming.net..

...in fact, I've even made it my new years resolution!  :)

-Iron_Soul_Stealer

Iron_Soul_Stealer #62 Posted Jan 13 2015 - 20:31

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

[content moderated - inappropriate image]

~GM/Mod Teams

Iron_Soul_Stealer #63 Posted Jan 19 2015 - 03:46

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

Iron_Soul_Stealer #64 Posted Jan 20 2015 - 20:25

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

I just love dogs!  And I love this county's sense of humour. Yes, the carpets reads, as follows:

"IN DOG WE TRUST"    ...;)

^An overhead view of the carpet....taken from the Pinellas County Sheriffs Office, in Florida

Spoiler

...and on that note...I'd really love to see this link to the Newcomers Forum, in our garage...:) ...it's still not there yet...

Iron_Soul_Stealer #65 Posted Jan 21 2015 - 23:00

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

...and still no link....:facepalm: *Anyone out there know why..? I never thought it would be that difficult to implement a simple little link..? Go figure..:amazed:

*It's time for WG to put this direct 'Link to the Newcomers Forum', in our garage. Even something simple like this:

"Would you like to learn how to be a better tanker?"  '<Click Here>'  << *A player clicks the link, and another window is opened, and they are taken directly to the Newcomers Forum.

*It's time we got more players 'onboard' here....:B *I stand behind my Newcomers' Forum/Link suggestion.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #66 Posted Jan 22 2015 - 21:12

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

[content removed - spam]

~Moderation Team

Iron_Soul_Stealer #67 Posted Jan 25 2015 - 04:16

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View Postsirericbreheny, on Dec 08 2014 - 19:47, said:

Iron Soul Stealer.....I certainly hope so too..

*snip*

^..So do I, dude...it would be a huge benefit to our entire player base.

*And it could even look something simple...like this:

"Would you like to learn how to be a better tanker?"  '<Click Here>'  << *A player clicks the link, and another window is opened, and they are taken directly to the Newcomers Forum.

*and this link should be located directly in our garage, and should be easily, and clearly visible...preferably in the top, left hand corner of the screen...just below our username. *see below:

^and yes, that's really my messy 'e-writing'... ;)

-Iron_Soul_Stealer

Iron_Soul_Stealer #68 Posted Jan 27 2015 - 18:08

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

Again, for any members here that may still be a little confused as to what I am asking for...

*The link I am referring to, and requesting, should be located directly in our garage, {NOT just in the start up menu/window}, and should be easily, and clearly visible...preferably in the top, left hand corner of the screen...

just below our username. Check out my screenshot/example, ^above.

GorGor_ #69 Posted Jan 27 2015 - 18:54

Corporal

• Players
  • 44762 battles

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Nov 05 2014 - 23:37, said:

Hey Lert,

If this same idea was suggested before....and everyone seems to agree that it's a great idea...then forgive me for asking, again....but why hasn't it been implemented yet..?

Lert is a player perhaps pizzastorm an admin would have more input on this

Iron_Soul_Stealer #70 Posted Jan 29 2015 - 23:32

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View PostGorGor_, on Jan 27 2015 - 12:54, said:

Lert is a player perhaps pizzastorm an admin would have more input on this

Thanks....:rolleyes: ...that's a great idea! I think I'll send him another PM regarding this.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #71 Posted Mar 16 2015 - 23:58

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles
Well, I guess I'm going to have to change my strategy, and become even more assertive...:)

Edited by Iron_Soul_Stealer, Mar 17 2015 - 19:41.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #72 Posted Mar 17 2015 - 05:26

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles
Well, I tried PM'ing pizzastorm, again...so I'll just have to wait and see what happens...

Iron_Soul_Stealer #73 Posted Mar 17 2015 - 19:54

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View Postsirericbreheny, on Dec 08 2014 - 19:47, said:

Iron Soul Stealer.....I certainly hope so too if not then what RL Real Time Vidoes I can post on Twitch should show the Good and the Bad of the game as well as my frustration at those that make this a bad game that I would not recommend to anyone.   Unless if they like playing 40 games and only winning perhaps 12 of them from the Invisatank Seal Clubbers of the Higher Tier Clans.

And dude...like I've been saying all along, I do like this game, and I still believe in it, although, and like I said before, I'm less interested in all these endless contests/events/distractions etc. and this relentless pursuit of even more improved graphics, {which I think are more than adequate right now}, and I'm more interested in seeing greater balance/fairness in the teams/MM...and a more level playing field for ALL our members...including pubbies.

*Oh, and again on that note....I'm still waiting to see this implemented:

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/418511-best-suggestion-ever-see-details-inside/page__pid__8488173#entry8488173

*Again everyone, I sincerely do like this game...I wouldn't be here if I didn't, however....if this game is going to survive, they seriously need to readjust their priorities, and set aside their 'dazzling appetizers', and 'quest for the perfect graphics'....not to mention this business of endless promotion and advertising, events, and contests, and distractions etc...don't get me wrong, that's great and all, but they need to get back to work on their meat and potatoes. This MMO has great potential, however, the game's developers are going to have to start readjusting their priorities. Wargaming.net....*Start thinking LONG TERM...

Iron_Soul_Stealer #74 Posted Mar 30 2015 - 00:20

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

This just in...

*Well, apparently....and according to a message I just received from pizzastorm, 

..and I quote: "they do not see this as a priority"....  end quote.

So, and on that note....

*Maybe it's time for you guys and gals at Wargaming NA to start being more assertive with them. And don't take "no" for an answer...have you tried that yet..?

Or, even better...have you tried simply implementing this garage/forum link unilaterally....without waiting for a "Mother may I..?" *Meaning: just do it yourself... just put the link in the garage yourselves...at least for the NA server...and see what happens. Like I said before, *it's the first step towards 'MMO gaming autonomy'.

Mikosah #75 Posted Mar 30 2015 - 04:03

Major

• Players
  • 17582 battles

I'll simply say this- Wot has always given us two conflicting messages. They tell us that the random battles aren't meant to be taken seriously, silliness is going to happen and that we're meant to take it in stride. Doesn't matter how unlucky you get in any one match, things will work themselves out in the long run. Your top tier tanks just rolled into a lake? No biggie. Play again. And at the same time, they're also telling us that random battles are very serious business. Griefing your teammates by going AFK, running a bot program, leaving the match early are all punishable offenses. How dare you compromise the immersion and seriousness of this masterpiece game by not taking it seriously!

Because of that, it should be no surprise that most of the new guys just don't know how to react to WoT's random battle ambiance. They see the silliness and figure its a casual game where anything goes. Then they put a few shells into a teammate just for grins and suddenly find themselves banned. Can you blame them for being surprised? Honestly, I think one of the biggest issues for WG to deal with is sorting out this identity crisis once and for all. But with all that said, the next thing for them to do is plug up the massive deficit of information. If they aren't going to give a proper library of tutorials to get the new guys on their feet, a link to the forums is the next best thing.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #76 Posted Apr 01 2015 - 15:35

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View PostMikosah, on Mar 29 2015 - 22:03, said:

I'll simply say this- Wot has always given us two conflicting messages. They tell us that the random battles aren't meant to be taken seriously, silliness is going to happen and that we're meant to take it in stride. Doesn't matter how unlucky you get in any one match, things will work themselves out in the long run. Your top tier tanks just rolled into a lake? No biggie. Play again. And at the same time, they're also telling us that random battles are very serious business. Griefing your teammates by going AFK, running a bot program, leaving the match early are all punishable offenses. How dare you compromise the immersion and seriousness of this masterpiece game by not taking it seriously!

Because of that, it should be no surprise that most of the new guys just don't know how to react to WoT's random battle ambiance. They see the silliness and figure its a casual game where anything goes. Then they put a few shells into a teammate just for grins and suddenly find themselves banned. Can you blame them for being surprised? Honestly, I think one of the biggest issues for WG to deal with is sorting out this identity crisis once and for all. But with all that said, the next thing for them to do is plug up the massive deficit of information. If they aren't going to give a proper library of tutorials to get the new guys on their feet, a link to the forums is the next best thing.

^..Thanks for that...

and I agree, this direct garage to forum link is definitely needed...and honestly, it really should have been created a long, long time ago, and I'm still puzzled at why it's taking Wargaming.net so long to implement it. I wonder what we, as mere players, can do to get things rolling..? Any suggestions..?  ...anyone..?  ...anyone...?

slashngut21 #77 Posted Apr 04 2015 - 22:19

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18740 battles

View PostDonacher, on Dec 10 2014 - 18:31, said:

Ever pressed a doorbell button that doesn't actually ring a bell somewhere? Ten minutes of waiting and wondering if anyone even knows you're standing there. Finally you walk away, feeling like an idiot, and on the other side of the peep-hole someone whispers "Good - he's gone. I didn't think he'd ever leave!"

I wonder how many posts in the Suggestions forum end this way.

Wow so true!!!!!!!!  wot support sucks. They do nothing. They nerf everything. Maybe they should nerf themselves. They might nerf is post. It is the only time they listen to me. If people keep paying for this game they will never change or fix what we want. MONEY is all they care about so stop paying.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #78 Posted Apr 20 2015 - 20:17

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View Postslashngut21, on Apr 04 2015 - 16:19, said:

Wow so true!!!!!!!!  wot support sucks. They do nothing. They nerf everything. Maybe they should nerf themselves. They might nerf is post. It is the only time they listen to me. If people keep paying for this game they will never change or fix what we want. MONEY is all they care about so stop paying.

^..Interesting comments. Dude, send me another PM, and let me know what else you are having a problem with...maybe I can help. Let me know...

Kenshin2kx #79 Posted Apr 21 2015 - 01:05

Major

• -Players-
  • 18583 battles

I like the suggestion.  There is a an undeniable elegance to the ergonomic and intuitive presentation of information and command options from a common 'dashboard'.  Nowadays, without thinking, I open up the forum link IN CONJUNCTION with the actual game, so that I could 'toggle' back and forth (as time permits ... or as a momentary rest break).

Often, while flipping back and forth, I have asked myself, what could get attention, and potential awareness from the 'silent' majority of players?  What could act as a unifying beacon, to point the way to the WoT forums for answers?  ... the then obvious jumps out, the game itself.  Since THE common denominator is the desire to play the game (where the garage is the player's neutral 'pregame' hangout) ... WHY NOT use this as the starting point, to the (apparently far lesser known) forums?  The inclusion of this 'short cut' would allow for convenience and advertisement - combined into a 'one stop shop' for the busy tanker, who is constantly on the go ...

Think back to the early giddy days of WoT your enlistment ... the eagerness, anticipation and sheer joy of the game as you cued up for your next match ... think also on those niggling concerns and questions that most of us had as we waited for that encounter ... Does camo really help? What is this thing called perks?  What map will I get?  The list seemed endless ... and for most?  Those questions were never solved as quickly or as painlessly as they could have been ...

Now, as you imagine that brand new player, as he (or she) looks around the 'garage' for the first time ... could you, with all of your hard won experience, see advantage in a large highlighted button .. "WoT Forums Knowledge is Power"?    Well, with my modest experience in the game/forum ... I can.  In fact, I would say that it is my very lack of experience that allows me to 'see' this valuable, but untapped potential.  IMO, for all of its faults, the WoT forums are a great resource for the new player ... but it can only be of help if the player knows of it's existance AND has convenient access ...

Edited by Kenshin2kx, Apr 22 2015 - 23:56.

Groza_Tanke #80 Posted Apr 21 2015 - 16:40

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 65942 battles
  • [TRAP] TRAP

Great idea and because it is a great idea it will not be implemented.  War Gaming is too concerned with Clans, and Team battles to care about training and helping new players.

I often use 2 computers when I play.  My game computer is used to play the game and my lap top is kept open to the forums and Youtube so that I can review and look up information quickly when I need it.  Not so much for game play anymore but more for tank information and reviews.

Plus the forums are great for learning which tanks to play and which tanks to avoid. 

Tip of the Day - Avoid the lower tier (tiers 2 to 6) Tank Destroyers as they are just target tanks now thanks to the view range nerfs.  They are extremely hard to play and are useless in mid to late game battles when there are no team mates to spot for you anymore.  You are just a blind target tank.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users