Lets put a forum link in our garage

• Please log in to reply
210 replies to this topic

Poll: Let's put a Newcomers' Forum link in our garage. (68 members have cast votes)

Would you like to see a direct forum link in our garage..?

1. Yes, I think this link would be a great idea! ...especially for our newer players (51 votes [75.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

2. No. (17 votes [25.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

FiauraTankGirl #81 Posted Apr 21 2015 - 17:38

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22019 battles
Have to say, I'm for this and I am sure the newcomers would appreciate it.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #82 Posted May 13 2015 - 17:01

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View PostFiauraTankGirl, on Apr 21 2015 - 11:38, said:

Thanks for your support.. :rolleyes: ...and yes, I absolutely agree...

*by 'linking', or bridging the gap between our garage and forum, this would certainly help create a more informed player base by simply making our forum community {*ie. Guides & News and Information, Contests etc.} that much easier to access.  And I sincerely believe that improving community inclusivity is the key to obtaining a knowledgeable, and higher quality player base...not to mention an overall improvement in the enjoyment of the game.

*btw, I am still completely confused as to why there is a link in our garage that allows us to purchase gold, but yet...there is still no link/live feed that takes players directly to our forum. Again, Wargaming.net has some of the best, brightest, and most talented gaming developers in the word... yet they still haven't figured out a way to implement this simple link in our garage...    very strange...

Edited by Iron_Soul_Stealer, May 13 2015 - 17:17.

Nailer_Bob #83 Posted May 13 2015 - 17:05

Captain

• -Players-
  • 10083 battles

How about a contest/challenge that results in winning the 3 camos, summer, winter & desert of your choice for the tank of your choice. (?)  :popcorn:

Iron_Soul_Stealer #84 Posted Jun 22 2015 - 19:19

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View PostMilton_Waddams, on Jan 27 2015 - 12:54, said:

Lert is a player perhaps pizzastorm an admin would have more input on this

^..funny, I've always believed they were the same person...:B;)...just my personal, and humble opinion, tho..

View PostNailer_Bob, on May 13 2015 - 11:05, said:

How about a contest/challenge that results in winning the 3 camos, summer, winter & desert of your choice for the tank of your choice. (?)  :popcorn:

Sure, I'll get right on that... as soon as they implement this link.

View PostKenshin2kx, on Apr 20 2015 - 19:05, said:

I like the suggestion.  There is a an undeniable elegance to the ergonomic and intuitive presentation of information and command options from a common 'dashboard'.  Nowadays, without thinking, I open up the forum link IN CONJUNCTION with the actual game, so that I could 'toggle' back and forth (as time permits ... or as a momentary rest break).

Often, while flipping back and forth, I have asked myself, what could get attention, and potential awareness from the 'silent' majority of players?  What could act as a unifying beacon, to point the way to the WoT forums for answers?  ... the then obvious jumps out, the game itself.  Since THE common denominator is the desire to play the game (where the garage is the player's neutral 'pregame' hangout) ... WHY NOT use this as the starting point, to the (apparently far lesser known) forums?  The inclusion of this 'short cut' would allow for convenience and advertisement - combined into a 'one stop shop' for the busy tanker, who is constantly on the go ...

Think back to the early giddy days of WoT your enlistment ... the eagerness, anticipation and sheer joy of the game as you cued up for your next match ... think also on those niggling concerns and questions that most of us had as we waited for that encounter ... Does camo really help? What is this thing called perks?  What map will I get?  The list seemed endless ... and for most?  Those questions were never solved as quickly or as painlessly as they could have been ...

Now, as you imagine that brand new player, as he (or she) looks around the 'garage' for the first time ... could you, with all of your hard won experience, see advantage in a large highlighted button .. "WoT Forums Knowledge is Power"?    Well, with my modest experience in the game/forum ... I can.  In fact, I would say that it is my very lack of experience that allows me to 'see' this valuable, but untapped potential.  IMO, for all of its faults, the WoT forums are a great resource for the new player ... but it can only be of help if the player knows of it's existance AND has convenient access ...

^..Yep, that's exactly the vision I have for this game/link/live feed. And again, this is some very forward thinking, and innovative ideas we are brainstorming here.

*We should think of this entire game/link/forum community etc. as an integrated, and connected command and control center based entirely out of our garage. Or, as you say, "a one stop experience for the busy tanker".

And the beauty of this new integrated system is that we could access everything we want directly from our garage...simple, user friendly, and elegant..the way it's supposed to be.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #85 Posted Jun 23 2015 - 15:26

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View PostFiauraTankGirl, on Apr 21 2015 - 11:38, said:

And thanks again for that comment...:rolleyes:..and btw, excellent point about our newbie players.

Are you seeing this Wargaming.net..?

This is exactly the reason why we need this link in our garage. Yes, there is probably a link on the game launcher, but so what..? ...most new players will just buzz right past that anyway, and not see it, so that's not nearly enough, and besides, as it stands right now, there is absolutely nothing in our garage that even mentions our wot forum....and that in itself, is a disservice to our new players, and our real player base majority/community that would otherwise visit here, but sadly, still probably have no clue this forum even exists.

*This is our tanker community we are talking about here, people...and I sincerely believe it's time to start including them. All of them. It's time to build this link, Wargaming, because it's not 'just a link'...it's a bridge.

Kenshin2kx #86 Posted Jun 23 2015 - 20:08

Major

• -Players-
  • 18624 battles

Iron_Soul_Stealer:

"Yes, there is probably a link on the game launcher, but so what..? ...most new players will just buzz right past that anyway, and not see it, so that's not nearly enough, and besides, as it stands right now, there is absolutely nothing in our garage that even mentions our wot forum....and that in itself, is a disservice to our new players, and our real player base majority/community that would otherwise visit here, but sadly, still probably have no clue this forum even exists."

Kenshin2kx:

The placement of a forum link on the game launcher is a good thing ... and is value added in the way that a good billboard along a busy roadway can be ... but, as effective as it is, it has one fairly serious flaw that limits its overall effectiveness.  The game itself.  Consider this metaphor ... imagine that you are famished and don't have anything in the fridge ... you jump into your car and head to your favorite hole in the wall eatery, and along the way you pass a billboard or two.  Now, you get a seat, and quickly grab the menu and decide on what you want to eat - then as you are about to close this menu, you notice a splashy ad concerning a new game you play ... World of Tanks!  AND, it highlights the forum resource as an aid to new players. 

It's interesting to note that this individual actually passed a billboard that was large, brightly lit, well placed and designed to catch the eye well ... BUT, it had two problems ...   It was designed to be seen "in passing" and more tragic yet, it was placed along the path to the primary goal, the game itself.  Now, using the menu example, If the prompt, link or ad, was placed at the target destination, its notice, acknowledged relevance and likely chance of usage - would or should go up significantly.

...  the next time you go shopping, take a look at those items that the store owners put as that "last gas" appeal to you before you leave the store.  Marketing reseach finds that compelling profit is made from this strategic placement of items.   As a good salesman friend of mine once said, "Location and Timing is EVERYTHING,  get this right, and you can sell snow to an eskimo." 

... now imagine how much easier and effective it would be to 'sell' WoT info the the HUNGRY WoT player ... just when he or she is looking at the menu.

Edited by Kenshin2kx, Jun 23 2015 - 20:10.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #87 Posted Jun 23 2015 - 20:39

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View PostKenshin2kx, on Jun 23 2015 - 14:08, said:

... now imagine how much easier and effective it would be to 'sell' WoT info the the HUNGRY WoT player ... just when he or she is looking at the menu.

I'm sorry Ken, but I'm just not following you there...:amazed: ..when you say "looking at the menu" you mean Garage Screen..right..?

Because regardless of the forum link that's already on the game launcher..there should definitely be another one in the Garage...period. Or, even better....a live feed menu with news and information/upcoming contests etc....and of course, a direct link with the Newcomers Forum/mod section etc..

Edited by Iron_Soul_Stealer, Jun 23 2015 - 21:02.

Kenshin2kx #88 Posted Jun 23 2015 - 20:51

Major

• -Players-
  • 18624 battles

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Jun 23 2015 - 20:39, said:

I'm sorry Ken, but I'm just not following you there...:amazed: ..when you say "looking at the menu" you mean Garage Screen..right..?

Because regardless of the forum link that's already on the game launcher..there should definitely be another one in the Garage...period. Or, even better....a live feed with news and information/contests etc....and of course, a direct link with the Newcomers Forum/mod section etc..

Yes, perhaps to vague a comparison ... the main point being, get the link into the garage (restaurant compartive) and you, by default have a greater chance to see the link (menu comparative) within the garage. (think of those 'perpetual' menus on the wall of some eateries, where the latest evolution would be a 'live' dynamic window in the form of a big flatscreen)

Edited by Kenshin2kx, Jun 23 2015 - 20:54.

Calcybel #89 Posted Sep 11 2015 - 23:10

Private

• -Players-
  • 18985 battles
I agree whole heartedly with the suggestion & shouldn't be that hard to implement.  Already garage link to Gold/Premium Shop, wouldn't be any different.

Phloyd113 #90 Posted Sep 12 2015 - 00:07

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 14967 battles

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Nov 05 2014 - 16:22, said:

Hey guys & gals,

Just curious here, but why doesn't Wargaming.net put a 'Link' in the garage that takes new players {or any player..} directly to the Newcomers' Forum, so they can read about tanks, learn game mechanics,

learn tank weak spots, discover mods like XVM, and of course...read Lerts guides etc...? I mean we're all guilty of complaining here, time and time again, about the poor quality of players...right..?

So let's start doing something constructive and inclusive about it. *Let's put an easily visible link in our garage.....how about the top, left hand corner, just under our username...that would be great!

And the good thing about this idea, is: the link would be right in our garage, and whenever a player wants to refresh their tank knowledge, or if they are "curious to learn more?" they could just click the link.

We won't have to constantly try to teach random players how to play, or drag them into training rooms...kicking and screaming. We simply let them.. come to us. It is probably true that the majority of our player base has never even visited the forum at all...and this suggestion might at least get their foot-in-the-door. I know...it's not 'perfect', but I think it will help a lot...and besides, how do we know unless we try...?  .....and right now Wargaming.net isn't even trying this. *Wargaming, if you build it, they will come...

*This direct 'Link to the Newcomers Forum', in our Garage. could even look something like this: "Would you like to learn how to be a better tanker?"  '<Click Here>'

*I sincerely believe that Wargaming.net should be doing more to make this forum more easily accessible...and this first step/link to the forum would not be that difficult to create, or implement.

*Furthermore, how about creating a mandatory link/button that new players have to click that take them directly to the Newcomers' Forum, while they are waiting to download the game client for the first time...?

What better way to spend their time waiting! This "foot-in-the-door" scenario is better than nothing...and I believe if players were here, at least once...they will come back to learn...and sooner than you think...  

And having this direct link to the forum will increase the overall quality of our gaming experience, and create a more knowledgeable player-base, and hopefully build some teamwork skills too!

...it's a win/win for everybody!

Let me know what you think,  :eyesup:

-Iron_Soul_Stealer

*Oh, and this link should be located directly in our garage, and should be easily, and clearly visible...preferably in the top, left hand corner of the screen...just below our username. *see below:

^and yes, that's really my messy 'e-writing'... ;)

-Iron_Soul_Stealer

Problem is that there are no good training that you could refer them to. There are more important things to deal with, but you help to trash anything that is not YOUR idea.

Phloyd113 #91 Posted Sep 12 2015 - 00:09

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 14967 battles

I see this as an effort of futility. The newer players won't even pay attention to map pings or text instructions given. Why would they bother thinking that they need training?

I believe your suggestion will cost WG money that will give little to nothing in return.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #92 Posted Oct 05 2015 - 20:41

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View PostCalcybel, on Sep 11 2015 - 17:10, said:

I agree whole heartedly with the suggestion & shouldn't be that hard to implement.  Already garage link to Gold/Premium Shop, wouldn't be any different.

...Yep, just one simple 'link' to our forum, in the garage...it's not that hard to implement...you would think ..right..? ...but yet it's still not being done...

*Honestly, I'm disappointed. I used to believe that these game developers in silicon valley were creative, forward thinking, and innovative, but unfortunately, I am left with no choice but to believe they are just backwards, stagnating, and stifling... 

Iron_Soul_Stealer #93 Posted Nov 02 2015 - 03:18

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles
Well, I just checked again today....and still no link...:facepalm:..it's not that difficult to do Wargaming...it really isn't...

Edited by Iron_Soul_Stealer, Nov 02 2015 - 03:36.

WulfeHound #94 Posted Nov 02 2015 - 03:38

Major

• Players
  • 12919 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Nov 01 2015 - 21:18, said:

Well, I just checked again today....and still no link...:facepalm:..it's not that difficult to do Wargaming...it really isn't...

Maybe because the main office hasn't noticed this at all? It's really quite simple when you think about it. 

Iron_Soul_Stealer #95 Posted Nov 02 2015 - 03:42

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

Spoiler

I stand behind my posts...

Zehroflcopter #96 Posted Nov 02 2015 - 04:07

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 2914 battles

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Nov 01 2015 - 21:42, said:

Spoiler

I stand behind my posts...

But what if they are just posting for fun and not to promote Wargaming's money making?

Moderators can't use secondary non-moderator accounts to post for fun or to make posts at all according to you... why? Unless they were going into forums and deleting posts (LIKE MOST OF THIS THREAD) that are bashing wargaming for not putting in something, then what's the problem?

Edited by Zehroflcopter, Nov 02 2015 - 04:08.

lawrence_arenio #97 Posted Nov 02 2015 - 09:57

Private

• Players
  • 8480 battles
I suggest that they give us much more money starting from  tier  8 and up

Iron_Soul_Stealer #98 Posted Nov 02 2015 - 19:43

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View PostZehroflcopter, on Nov 01 2015 - 22:07, said:

But what if they are just posting for fun and not to promote Wargaming's money making?

Moderators can't use secondary non-moderator accounts to post for fun or to make posts at all according to you... why? Unless they were going into forums and deleting posts (LIKE MOST OF THIS THREAD) that are bashing wargaming for not putting in something, then what's the problem?

^..OMG...:facepalm:..just OMG...:facepalm:.....

If you sincerely still do not see the problem with that disturbing practice that I clearly described above, and below, then I have absolutely no words for you...no words...

Spoiler

I stand behind my posts Wargaming....

View Postlawrence_arenio, on Nov 02 2015 - 03:57, said:

I suggest that they give us much more money starting from tier 8 and up

^..You mean credits...right..?

But anyway, that's another completely different topic. Please have a look at my OP again. Thanks.

SymbiosisBC #99 Posted Nov 02 2015 - 20:21

Major

• Players
  • 19317 battles

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Nov 02 2015 - 11:43, said:

^..OMG...:facepalm:..just OMG...:facepalm:.....

If you sincerely still do not see the problem with that disturbing practice that I clearly described above, and below, then I have absolutely no words for you...no words...

Spoiler

I stand behind my posts Wargaming....

^..You mean credits...right..?

But anyway, that's another completely different topic. Please have a look at my OP again. Thanks.

King of Necro.

You've been singing this necro song for far too long now.  Sorry, but it's time to retire arguments you started a year ago.  What are you trying to prove by rehashing forgotten and non-constructive comments?  It would seem to some that you're living in the past listening to broken records.

If you insist on being argumentative (read non-constructive) at least try to stay current.  Your necro habit is only self serving.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #100 Posted Nov 02 2015 - 20:28

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

I don't know how many times I have to explain this...:facepalm:

*If a suggestion {such as mine, here..} is still being ignored, and has still not been implemented...then it's not "necro'ing"...it's simply suggesting. And if anything, it's actually your comments here that are non-constructive.

*Oh, and if this suggestion was 'forgotten', as you said, then it's only fair that I put forth another respectful reminder. I don't see a problem with that.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users