Chat ban

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

powmia #1 Posted May 26 2011 - 20:46

Corporal

• Players
  • 3729 battles
I think there should be an option to report someone for what they type in chat.I understand you can turn off/on censor, however you cant turn off ignorance.
like when I shoot someone and they say *removed*.
CRAP like that.
If I had their address I would pay to fly out to them and beat the living *profanity* out of them.
please do something about this

thank you

edited - you are violating rules by repeating what they said
and your threat of violence is also a rule violation that will result in a swift ban, please watch that
just report the incident to support /SE

because someone edited my message with out my permission I will fill you in.

when I shoot someone, they say *removed*
  :angry:

7 day RO - disputing moderator decisions, reposting removed text /SE

Klaxius #2 Posted May 26 2011 - 20:48

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 2664 battles
  • [XTRME] XTRME
Take a screenshot and send it through the support system.  Support.worldoftanks.com

__gabriel__ #3 Posted May 26 2011 - 20:49

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 16055 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN
Ctrl + Right click their name on the roster,
Option to ignore them.

powmia #4 Posted May 26 2011 - 20:51

Corporal

• Players
  • 3729 battles

View Postgabriel, on May 26 2011 - 20:49, said:

Ctrl + Right click their name on the roster,
Option to ignore them.

NO I dont want to ignore them, because that will not stop them from doing it to someone else

deltafarce #5 Posted May 26 2011 - 20:52

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 4087 battles
I usually reply: "cool story brah." say something about cupcakes and turn on ignore before they reply.  :Smile_great:

powmia #6 Posted May 26 2011 - 20:52

Corporal

• Players
  • 3729 battles
another thing about chat...

chat fades out too fast, before i can screenshot it, it is gone, and i cant scroll up to see it

Arganosh #7 Posted May 26 2011 - 20:55

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4583 battles

View Postpowmia, on May 26 2011 - 20:46, said:

I think there should be an option to report someone for what they type in chat.I understand you can turn off/on censor, however you cant turn off ignorance.
like when I shoot someone and they say *removed*.
CRAP like that.
If I had their address I would pay to fly out to them and beat the living *removed* out of them.
please do something about this

thank you

So the people you shoot and make those comments, are they on your team?
If so, you deserve it, if not, do like the above poster said, take screen shots and send it in.

Also you said this

View Postpowmia, on May 24 2011 - 01:26, said:

I love the players on the other team saying that they are going to eat you up,rape you,or own you... only to be the first person killed.than start bashing everyone for not following him  :lol:
here http://forum.worldof...315#entry568315
Did you get bitten by the hypocrite bug?

quote edited /SE

25Spartanspearman25 #8 Posted May 26 2011 - 21:03

Captain

• Players
  • 3154 battles
I'm usually in close combat and actually focus on playing the game rather than listening to a bunch of reatrds talking shit for no reason. You could always hit the ignore button like everyone else said. They should let veiw chat comments instead of makiing them fade out. Very hard to get a screen shot that way. : /

RayJones #9 Posted May 26 2011 - 21:07

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 6310 battles

View Postpowmia, on May 26 2011 - 20:52, said:

another thing about chat...

chat fades out too fast, before i can screenshot it, it is gone, and i cant scroll up to see it

I agree too. There should be a client side chat log like they have it in every MMO.

View Postdeltafarce, on May 26 2011 - 20:52, said:

I usually reply: "cool story brah." say something about cupcakes and turn on ignore before they reply.  :Smile_great:

LOL. :lol:.  Telling them that they have been ignored will piss them off more.:D.

powmia #10 Posted May 26 2011 - 21:13

Corporal

• Players
  • 3729 battles

View Postpowmia, on May 26 2011 - 20:46, said:

edited - you are violating rules by repeating what they said
and your threat of violence is also a rule violation that will result in a swift ban, please watch that
just report the incident to support /SE

lol <_< you will ban me here, for what I said, but you wont comment about what the Thread is about  :lol:

powmia #11 Posted May 26 2011 - 21:18

Corporal

• Players
  • 3729 battles
you can click to ignore, and you can click to add as friend... please add a click to report, with an e-mail attatched to someone,so they can see what they typed

as for someone saying was it someone on my team... the answer is no,it was other team

not that hard to do what I am asking

I am sure I am not the only one having this problem.

and for the admin that edited my message, what if someone said something about your MOM? how would you take it ?

please stop telling me to click ignore on them, because that wont stop it, Action will stop it

NavyCuda #12 Posted May 26 2011 - 21:33

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 15195 battles
  • [CGN] CGN

View Postpowmia, on May 26 2011 - 21:18, said:

and for the admin that edited my message, what if someone said something about your MOM? how would you take it ?

Are you for real?

So some stranger says something 'mean' about my mom... boo hoo. Why would I care? Does s/he know me? Does my mom? Do I even have a mom? Tell me please, I want to understand.

To answer your question, I would ask that person if that is the best they could come up with because it is exactly the response they deserve since this 'mom stuff' is as old as the internet itself and has changed from witty comment to total fail a long time ago and you really need to stop taking it so goddamn serious.

Grow up and make your mother proud.

powmia #13 Posted May 26 2011 - 21:36

Corporal

• Players
  • 3729 battles

View PostArganosh, on May 26 2011 - 20:55, said:

So the people you shoot and make those comments, are they on your team?
If so, you deserve it, if not, do like the above poster said, take screen shots and send it in.

Also you said this

here http://forum.worldof...315#entry568315
Did you get bitten by the hypocrite bug?

did I say I was going to rape them? DID I say anything wrong ? Read what I said again

Klaxius #14 Posted May 26 2011 - 21:44

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 2664 battles
  • [XTRME] XTRME
Wow.  Dude you need to chill.  I would edit your posts before a red comes around because you are begging for a ban.  For your own good listen to the mods.  Also, I will repeat it.  Take a screenshot right when it happens, before the chat disappears.  If you press the button quickly, you will catch it.  Then submit it to support.worldoftanks.com.  There is no reason to get banned b/c you got moderated.

powmia #15 Posted May 26 2011 - 21:46

Corporal

• Players
  • 3729 battles

View PostNavyCuda, on May 26 2011 - 21:33, said:

Are you for real?

So some stranger says something 'mean' about my mom... boo hoo. Why would I care? Does s/he know me? Does my mom? Do I even have a mom? Tell me please, I want to understand.

To answer your question, I would ask that person if that is the best they could come up with because it is exactly the response they deserve since this 'mom stuff' is as old as the internet itself and has changed from witty comment to total fail a long time ago and you really need to stop taking it so goddamn serious.

Grow up and make your mother proud.

grow up ? are you kidding me ?I am making this thread about  someone bashing someones mother and you are telling me to grow up ???? how did you become an admin ???

NavyCuda #16 Posted May 26 2011 - 21:52

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 15195 battles
  • [CGN] CGN

View Postpowmia, on May 26 2011 - 21:46, said:

grow up ? are you kidding me ?I am making this thread about  someone bashing someones mother and you are telling me to grow up ???? how did you become an admin ???

I'm not an admin, I doubt an admin will waste his or her time on such things.

Why are you taking this so serious? Why do you care so much what some stranger has to say about you or any of your friends or family members? Does it affect them in any way? Do they get physically hurt or traumatized because some douche nozzle was bashing them in an online game? Do you think they will look up your address and stalk you?

Seriously, why do you care so much? How does it affect your daily life? I mean other than the raised blood pressure for being angry at some children on the interwebz.

PS: Repeating and reposting things that an admin has already deleted is not a good course of action. Again, grow up. Take screenshots, report them to support. And get a punching bag or something to release some of your built up steam, jesus.
PPS: Since you seem to be new on the internet and forums, for your information: No mod or admin needs your permission to do anything regarding your post, your forum account or your gaming account for that matter. It's part of the agreement you... agreed to. Forums are privately owned... the owner makes the rules.

Hirumaru #17 Posted May 26 2011 - 21:52

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 6414 battles
Grow thicker skin. The taunt is immature and distasteful. Don't justify its use by falling prey to its purpose. Reacting like this is exactly why it was used in the first place. To get under your goddamn skin, boy.

To aggravate someone with just a word is to control that person with that word. Don't let someone else take control of your own senses. Have the sense to disregard such riffraff lest you give validity to his taunting.

Nosce te ipsum.

Love and huggles,
-Hiru

powmia #18 Posted May 26 2011 - 21:59

Corporal

• Players
  • 3729 battles

View PostKlaxius, on May 26 2011 - 21:44, said:

Wow.  Dude you need to chill.  I would edit your posts before a red comes around because you are begging for a ban.  For your own good listen to the mods.  Also, I will repeat it.  Take a screenshot right when it happens, before the chat disappears.  If you press the button quickly, you will catch it.  Then submit it to support.worldoftanks.com.  There is no reason to get banned b/c you got moderated.

I read my posts, nothing there that needs to be edited.

My original post was to ask for an option to report someone that Typed in chat,that was inapropriate, I gave them an example and they edited it ( if it was bad here it, was bad on the battlefield.

I understand ignore, but no one is getting it, Ignore will not stop them from doing it again. a warning from someone and a ban from chat will do something

Klaxius #19 Posted May 26 2011 - 22:01

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 2664 battles
  • [XTRME] XTRME
And all I am saying is that you need to listen to the moderators or you are gonna be gone.  Right or wrong, they wield the banhammer.  It is up to you to choose whether you follow their rules or not.

powmia #20 Posted May 26 2011 - 22:08

Corporal

• Players
  • 3729 battles
ok all I am sorry I suggested something that might of helped the game, I am sorry for what I have typed, I am sorry I came here to Give advise on how if you added a sec or 2 to the fade it would help.

have fun