• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Hypnotik #1 Posted Nov 17 2014 - 21:34

Web Developer

• Administrator
  • 16630 battles
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A

Hello everyone,

I'd like to take a moment and address a few concerns that we've been hearing regarding the new Clans Portal that was released last week.

Difficulty joining a clan

A good majority of the issues regarding this have been resolved, but there are a few clans still experiencing issues. We understand that it can be frustrating, especially now that the Campaign is beginning. If you've already submitted a support ticket, I just ask that you stay patient. If not, please have one of your clan's officers send in a support ticket, and we will help you as soon as possible.

Playerlist Sorting

We've heard the feedback, and it will be making a return. I don't have a date yet, but I have gotten confirmation that it is planned.

I don't want to be forced into playing WoWP/WoWS.

You're not being forced into anything.

I want to be in different clans for different games

This is a fair concern. We're discussing what can be done about this situation.

It's still a 100-player limit for a clan for two games?

For now, yes. This is another current matter of discussion.

I can't see a full list of clans

There's an easy way to do this. Just use the search feature and just leave the box blank. Here's a direct link to save you some time.

Why is Strongholds still on the WoT site?

An updated Strongholds page is planned to be released in a coming update, so for now the existing page has been used. The to-be-released Strongholds page will included a few additional features, such as battle schedules, defense info, and defense stats. Here's a screenshot of what it will look like:

What does the future hold for this portal?

Obviously there's a few bugs that we'll need to knock out. After that, one of the biggest perks of this new system is that it is a much more flexible system. Several long-awaited features are in development right now for clans - both on the portal and in-game.

Pirate_with_rum #2 Posted Nov 17 2014 - 22:23

Major

• -Players-
  • 12317 battles
It looks cool. I better see some cool features out of this new site. Otherwise I'm going to be disappointed...

Allu_o7o7o7 #3 Posted Nov 17 2014 - 23:13

Major

• -Players-
  • 20477 battles

View PostHypnotik, on Nov 18 2014 - 09:34, said:

Now I don't want to have to call you a cheater... but that's a level (2?) CC with a level 6 Tankodrome.

HAX.

Hypnotik #4 Posted Nov 19 2014 - 00:32

Web Developer

• Administrator
  • 16630 battles
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A

I just got word today that the issue causing most clans to not be able to accept applications/send invites has been resolved. If you've been having issues trying to join a clan or add a new member, please give it another try. If successful, awesome. If not, please don't hesitate to send support another message referencing this post.

View PostAllu_o7o7o7, on Nov 17 2014 - 14:13, said:

Now I don't want to have to call you a cheater... but that's a level (2?) CC with a level 6 Tankodrome.

HAX.

Confirmed. WG hax best hax.

Pirate_with_rum #5 Posted Nov 19 2014 - 00:35

Major

• -Players-
  • 12317 battles

View PostHypnotik, on Nov 18 2014 - 17:32, said:

I just got word today that the issue causing most clans to not be able to accept applications/send invites has been resolved. If you've been having issues trying to join a clan or add a new member, please give it another try. If successful, awesome. If not, please don't hesitate to send support another message referencing this post.

Are there any cool things in development for this new page that you could reveal for us?? Pretty please?

Superspeed007 #6 Posted Nov 19 2014 - 16:04

Major

• -Players-
  • 14009 battles
  • [REL-V] REL-V

View PostHypnotik, on Nov 18 2014 - 17:32, said:

e - I didn't read,

Wish they would have tested this stuff more before releasing it, and not being like a certain other company that didn't just release a hugely broken game

Edited by Superspeed007, Nov 19 2014 - 16:08.

ukcufo #7 Posted Nov 19 2014 - 16:09

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15933 battles
  • [RPG] RPG

I am hoping WG implements some of the clan management tools and features we have been asking for over the years.  I am hoping WG takes the clan pages to the level of something along the lines of enjin.  Would make a lot of sense, both gaming wise and financially, to include clan only forums and galleries on the WoT clan pages.  I would assume WG would like to have clans using resources made available by WG instead of third party webpages.  I, of course,  could and am probably wrong, lol, but it would seem to make business sense.

I would like to see clan pages that are basically what we have now with the sorting feature added and a message of the day.

I would also suggest that WG offer "extras" that could be added to the basic clan page at a reasonable cost.

extras that can only be accessed by clan members

extras such as

forums

galleries

event calendar

etc.

just my 2 cents.

pwspuds #8 Posted Nov 19 2014 - 18:14

Captain

• Players
  • 63291 battles
  • [WARRP] WARRP

what happen to Historical battles?

ukcufo #9 Posted Nov 19 2014 - 20:24

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15933 battles
  • [RPG] RPG
Historic battles have been shelved at this time.  it was a great idea but I never was able to load into one due to lack of interest from the player base.  or at least my understanding.

KingAlphyn #10 Posted Nov 20 2014 - 02:30

Major

• Players
  • 38808 battles

Another bit of functionality that I'd like back was the one-click messaging for applicants.

We could look through our applicants, click once, and message them "Hey, pop onto our TS and let's talk about whether you're a good fit for the clan."

Now it's two clicks, open another tab, and another click. Messy.

holakc #11 Posted Nov 20 2014 - 19:58

Captain

• Players
  • 33634 battles

View PostHypnotik, on Nov 17 2014 - 17:34, said:

Hello everyone,

I'd like to take a moment and address a few concerns that we've been hearing regarding the new Clans Portal that was released last week.

Difficulty joining a clan

A good majority of the issues regarding this have been resolved, but there are a few clans still experiencing issues. We understand that it can be frustrating, especially now that the Campaign is beginning. If you've already submitted a support ticket, I just ask that you stay patient. If not, please have one of your clan's officers send in a support ticket, and we will help you as soon as possible.

Playerlist Sorting

We've heard the feedback, and it will be making a return. I don't have a date yet, but I have gotten confirmation that it is planned.

THANK YOU THIS IS USEFULL

I don't want to be forced into playing WoWP/WoWS.

You're not being forced into anything.

YES WE ARE FORCED TO PLAY ON SAME CLAN ON DIFERENT GAMES

I want to be in different clans for different games

This is a fair concern. We're discussing what can be done about this situation.

I HOPE CAN BE FIXED BEFORE is too late (too much deployed)

It's still a 100-player limit for a clan for two games?

For now, yes. This is another current matter of discussion.

Each game need its clan to be limited at 100 but one cant have a clan for both games with only 100. so increasing unified clan is not a way to go, but read my sugestion bellow.

I can't see a full list of clans

There's an easy way to do this. Just use the search feature and just leave the box blank. Here's a direct link to save you some time.

but i cant sort them by date created or by clan name or by clan tag... that was very usefull

Why is Strongholds still on the WoT site?

An updated Strongholds page is planned to be released in a coming update, so for now the existing page has been used. The to-be-released Strongholds page will included a few additional features, such as battle schedules, defense info, and defense stats. Here's a screenshot of what it will look like:

What does the future hold for this portal?

Obviously there's a few bugs that we'll need to knock out. After that, one of the biggest perks of this new system is that it is a much more flexible system. Several long-awaited features are in development right now for clans - both on the portal and in-game.

first of all, thank you for this clarification topic

I KNOW THIS UNIFIED CLANS THING IS STILL IN BETA, i really understand that (but i also know that clan wars were released like in MAY 2011 (i played clan wars since then) and were on beta during like 2 or 3 years, so i know that this clan system beta may last long too.

That said....

the new clan portal needs to have AT LEAST every feature it used to had when clans where at WoT portal

clan member list with name, join date, days at clan, position. status (if banned permanently, or if blocked/ how much time remaining), so his clanmates /leaders can know if he is comming back and when, (this was a FEATURE that were PRESENT on previous clan member list page if blocked or banned there was a strike on his position/rank and when mouse over it said if was banned or blocked and how much time was left, With unified system i just dont know if this feature is precent or not, because i dont know anyone that is both a member of a clan and at the same time, banned or blocked from playing the game. but if not present, we really need this feature, please.

if no changes are made, the clan commanders will now have way more "work" and may burnout easier. (if this nosense keeps unified clans for both games with no changes.) 

patch it just with diferent clan ranks and clan limit is not enough to fix the main problem and may even brake balance of 100 players clans at wot..

let me be clear

i think that unified PLAYER accounts for both (all three) games is a great idea, i love it, so you buy premium, gold, whatever and is on your account, and you can enjoy it, not on just one game but, all around wargaming games WoT / WoWP / WoWS. that was a big advantage when buying things.

but all that is BAD if you get forced to be on same clan at WoT and at WoWP.

most WoT players does not play WoWp and WoWp players does not play WoT

then the rest of us that does like both games: may less on one and a bit more hardcore on the other one.

then the remaining that play casual on both

so if you have THE BAD LUCK TO PLAY at clans on both games, you end stuck with a clan membership that is just to play one game or the other. so you end in fact "clan less" on one of the games even if you have a clan tag and logo 

i have large garage and hangar on the games on my WgNet account.

people is used to take advantage of having one single account for all wargamingnet games. but if this unified clan for all games as mandatory stays, lots will be encouraged to use diferent account on both games to avoid Clan unification "BUG" / "FLAW" / "BAD DEV IDEA" /"WT idea copy"

we are not WT we dont want to be FORCED to same clan on both games just because most players play just 1 game and wont be affected that much.

there is just 2 of us at my WoT clan that does play WoWP, i used to be member of a WoWP clan that does not have a WoT counterpart (some memebers of my wowp clan play on diferent clans at WoT, and the rest does not play WoT at all, just wowp....

BTW the kicker is that EVERY CLAN TAG AT WOT IS NOW ALREADY USED FOR WOWP (SINCE CLAN IS SHARED ON BOTH GAMES... THAT is another issue. not that bad as what i mentioned above, but still an avoideable thing

Best example of that isue is clan [ACES] at WoT (wich is well know by the comunity) and Clan [ACES] at WoWP (wich is also well know by the comunity) those clans ARE NOT RELATED, but both clans are good enough, ACES at WoWP was featured at wowp portal on clan spotlight link. as you can see, this problem lead to the WoWP clan ACES to rename the tag as [ACES_] (they created the clan as  ACES_  because when clans were officially introduced at WoWP with this unified system, they fiund out they cant create [ACES] because it already exist as a WoT Clan so they needed to change it and add underscore to create the WoWP clan tag.

ACES the WoT clan http://na.wargaming....ans/1000000495/

ACES the WoWP clan http://na.wargaming....ans/1000018657/

sadly all WGNet servers/games will implement "mainly" what the feedback from RU server impact on devs, RU server feels about this unified clan system are more likely to be valued, i hope, and i belive, they think the same as we do, (imagine how many RU clans there are, and all those are TAGs already tanken wich cant be used with this UNIFIED problem by diferent clans at the WoWP.

remember there is currently a limit on clan tags of 5 caracters wich limits not only how many clans can there be, but also how many clans can use their "name" at their tag.

lucky us the devs developed long long time ago the clan system as a numbered system for clans (and also players), that is where clans are at the db, for example i know my clan [ACA] is number 1000000105 /or "NA 105" for short (was created during beta) or ACES the WoWP clan http://na.wargaming....ans/1000018657/ is number 1000018657 wich is "NA 18657" was created recently with new unified clan system, that is also why when someone change his nickname /or clan name/tag their numbers keep the same. so this dev creation is really a positive and good advantage towards developing and implementing my idea

disclaimer: i used as example both ACES clans and also my WoT clan ACA as examples to try to be more clear when explaining,  i dont mean that both ACES clans and teir entire list of members at WoT [ACES] and at WoWP [ACES_] think the same or diferent than i do. 

Now i will try to show a way i belive can be implemented to resolve this, i did on this image flow chart as example focusing na server but is good for any of the servers of any of the WG PC games.

GoldenFazbear #12 Posted Nov 20 2014 - 20:40

Private

• -Players-
  • 69 battles
  • [FNAF] FNAF

holakc has the best idea i'v seen thus far. Or rather just keep the clans separate entirely.

That way I can plink away with Wraith Squadron on WoWP while I slowly grind on WoT in the mornings. The two do not intermingle.

KingAlphyn #13 Posted Nov 28 2014 - 07:17

Major

• Players
  • 38808 battles
While I appreciate that the player sorting is back, it's doing that thing again (we had this issue 2 years ago) where lower case 'a' comes AFTER upper case 'Z', and starts a second alphabetical list. Fix pls.

K3VL4R #14 Posted Nov 29 2014 - 04:25

Corporal

• Players
  • 9526 battles
I like it....but would love to see "Age" for the profile and for the Clan pages..to search by and time zone the clan plays mostly on

Edited by K3VL4R, Nov 29 2014 - 04:28.

Allu_o7o7o7 #15 Posted Nov 30 2014 - 21:46

Major

• -Players-
  • 20477 battles

View PostKingAlphyn, on Nov 28 2014 - 19:17, said:

While I appreciate that the player sorting is back, it's doing that thing again (we had this issue 2 years ago) where lower case 'a' comes AFTER upper case 'Z', and starts a second alphabetical list. Fix pls.

in russia, alphabetical order is as follows:

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ_-abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789

Hypnotik #16 Posted Dec 02 2014 - 02:07

Web Developer

• Administrator
  • 16630 battles
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A

View PostKingAlphyn, on Nov 27 2014 - 22:17, said:

Oh that pesky case-sensitive ASCII. I'll pass it along

View PostAllu_o7o7o7, on Nov 30 2014 - 12:46, said:

in russia, alphabetical order is as follows:

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ_-abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789

I think it looks more like this:

АБВГДЕЁЖЗИЙКЛМНОПРСТУФХЦЧШЩЪЫЬЭЮЯ

0123456789:;<=>?@ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ[\]^_`abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz is what is in play here.

JayZ536 #17 Posted Dec 02 2014 - 05:55

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 34182 battles
  • [RSSF] RSSF

Anyone else getting this when they try to modify position?

Asassian7 #18 Posted Dec 02 2014 - 08:17

Major

• Players
  • 22499 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

Adding on to this, how do I stop this from coming up every time I open the clans page? 

Posted Image

its really annoying

had111 #19 Posted Dec 02 2014 - 14:16

Corporal

• Players
  • 22101 battles
  • [HAFR] HAFR

Is there any way to bring back option when you click on clan members name opens player profile while you are in clan profile screen or while you are in applications screen? The way its set up now is when clicking on the players name it opens another clan profile screen which is pointless. This was helpful before so we can check players profile before we decide should accept player in to the clan or no. I don't know how other people do it but its very annoying when i have to copy player name and paste it somewhere else in order to check his stats. Same thing happens when you are not logged in and checking any clan it keeps reopens clan profile when you click on anybodies name.

Thank you

Darkbee2Bee #20 Posted Dec 02 2014 - 14:58

Major

• Players
  • 29254 battles
  • [-FG-] -FG-
Would it be possible to introduce a separate section on the clan roster to see who recently left the clan, or some other mechanism to identify that information?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users