• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Capwill73 #1 Posted Nov 22 2014 - 19:46

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14732 battles
  • [-LNF-] -LNF-

Hey Guys 

I need some help I am thinking of buying a new Tier 8 Premium tank and was trying to decided between the T34 or the IS-6 but I have heard both are really good tanks and I would like to get one that is a great credit maker and has good armor and gun. So I would be grateful for any advice you all can give me. I like both sniping and sometimes a little brawling but mostly like hitting tanks from medium to long distance.

_Konce #2 Posted Nov 22 2014 - 19:48

Captain

• Players
  • 20998 battles

I own both and I must say I prefer IS-6. IS-6 penetration is very lacking with AP and even low with APCR so prepare to carry alot of gold rounds. IS-6 is faster, better hull, better reload, best RNG. T34 is slow, bad hull, bad matchmaking, bad reload. Both make good credits.

Hope I helped, 

Brat

Silvers_ #3 Posted Nov 22 2014 - 19:48

Major

• Players
  • 50601 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A
neither of those tanks are "snipers" IS6 has pref mm so sees max 9. 34 see's 10's. Are you grinding an American or Soviet heavy? If you want more of a sniper tank then the Lowe would be that or you can go the Jag 88

Edited by Silveriferno08, Nov 22 2014 - 19:49.

razzi123 #4 Posted Nov 22 2014 - 19:50

Major

• Players
  • 29146 battles
If you arent the best of players, the IS6 is far more forgiving than the T34..

galderoth2 #5 Posted Nov 22 2014 - 19:51

Captain

• Players
  • 19755 battles
If you want a sniper, you would probably enjoy the Jagdtiger 8.8 more. Both the IS6 and T34 have terrible accuracy and are meant for more close quarters action. That being said, the IS6 is more enjoyable to play than the T34 if you still want to pick from those 2 tanks.

TrOplcThUnDeR #6 Posted Nov 22 2014 - 19:52

Major

• Players
  • 14397 battles

View PostBratwurst_mit_Senf, on Nov 22 2014 - 18:48, said:

I own both and I must say I prefer IS-6. IS-6 penetration is very lacking with AP and even low with APCR so prepare to carry alot of gold rounds. IS-6 is faster, better hull, better reload, best RNG. T34 is slow, bad hull, bad matchmaking, bad reload. Both make good credits.

Hope I helped, 

Brat

I carry 3 gold rounds. Use them never. And I mean the last time I fired one was like 500 battles. Have 2 marks and can probably get a 3rd within 75 battles if I wanted to but I don't play it anymore. You don't need gold.

TrOplcThUnDeR #7 Posted Nov 22 2014 - 19:53

Major

• Players
  • 14397 battles

View Postgalderoth2, on Nov 22 2014 - 18:51, said:

If you want a sniper, you would probably enjoy the Jagdtiger 8.8 more. Both the IS6 and T34 have terrible accuracy and are meant for more close quarters action. That being said, the IS6 is more enjoyable to play than the T34 if you still want to pick from those 2 tanks.

0.35 acc is so bad. Bad aim time =/= bad acc.

Crucis #8 Posted Nov 22 2014 - 20:01

Major

• Players
  • 31337 battles

I agree with Silver.  If you prefer sniping, then the Lowe is the tier 8 premium for you.   The IS-6 and T34 are both sluggers. The T34 is probably better suited to supporting front line heavies, mostly because of its slow reload.  You can do some sniping with the T34 though it's not really meant for that role.  And the IS-6 is definitely meant for short range brawling.

Gurdy2383 #9 Posted Nov 22 2014 - 20:05

Captain

• Players
  • 50741 battles

View PostCapwill73, on Nov 22 2014 - 11:46, said:

I like both sniping and sometimes a little brawling but mostly like hitting tanks from medium to long distance.

Then the T34 is the tank for you out of those 2.

While the T34 will draw tier 10 matches, it is the one Tier 8 premium that can actually compete in these matches. It still is very tough to pen while hull down even for Tier 10's, and it has enough pen of it's own to damage most Tier 10's frontally. This makes the credit earning potential that much higher because damaging tier 10's with your Tier 8 will rack up the credits fast. It's not fast, but will be able to keep up with the other heavies on you team. Thing is is you don't want to be in the front line with this tank because it is a horrible brawler (poor hull armor and DPM). So you get to the 2nd line, deal damage, and can still flex to a 2nd line on a failing flank if needed because you won't have to travel far to do so.

The IS-6 is a very good tank, but it's strength is it's armor. Unfortunately for IS-6 drivers, you don't earn credits for bouncing shots The pen is very poor on the gun so bullying same or lower tiers is it's strong suit. Trying to damage heavily armored 8's and 9's is quite often very difficult with only 175mm pen. This severely limits it's credit making potential. This tank must live on the front line, though, and has the speed to do it.

These are the two tier 8 premiums that I have, and the T34 is most definitely the better credit earner.

CCCPIvan #10 Posted Nov 22 2014 - 20:08

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 12819 battles

Both are quite good prem tanks.  And it will be mostly opinion which will sway an individual one way or the other.  

And as for my opinion is6>t34 because of pref MM.  

They are both good, but you dont see t10's in the is6. 

Weapons_Grade_Autisms #11 Posted Nov 22 2014 - 20:09

Major

• Players
  • 21452 battles

77% 2501dpg IS-6 here

IS-6 is superior m8

9second reload and amazing caliber size allow you to overmatch so many things/pen

Crucis #12 Posted Nov 22 2014 - 20:10

Major

• Players
  • 31337 battles

View PostTrOplcThUnDeR, on Nov 22 2014 - 13:52, said:

View PostBratwurst_mit_Senf, on Nov 22 2014 - 18:48, said:

Hope I helped, 

Brat

I carry 3 gold rounds. Use them never. And I mean the last time I fired one was like 500 battles. Have 2 marks and can probably get a 3rd within 75 battles if I wanted to but I don't play it anymore. You don't need gold.

Dude, there's no reason to "yell" with this huge font.  Moving on...

I carry mostly gold rounds in my IS-6 because I find that standard AP is too unreliable.  The margin for error with only 175 pen is too great, and the risk that the gun's general inaccuracy will cause the round to miss the weak spot you've aimed for and hit a stronger spot is too great.  OTOH, with the IS-6's APCR gold rounds, your margin for error is much greater.  This isn't to say that you'll always pen, but chances that your shots won't pen when they slide off of the weak spots to the stronger spots go down significantly.

As a result, I only carry about 6-8 regular AP rounds, perhaps a couple of HE, and the rest are APCR.  And I still make money, because I hit my shots and I pen and damage most everything I hit.  I should say though that making credits is not my primary concern when I play my premium tanks.  I'm more concerned with maximizing my damage so that I can maximize my XP for crew training purposes.

Capwill73 #13 Posted Nov 22 2014 - 20:21

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14732 battles
  • [-LNF-] -LNF-
The IS-6 tank seems to have a better rate of fire and speed and hull armor I have watched several vids and was thinking of getting the IS-6

Capwill73 #14 Posted Nov 22 2014 - 20:24

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14732 battles
  • [-LNF-] -LNF-
So right now I am still on the fence as to which tank would be better for me I will admit that I can be a little bit too agressive at times which has gotten me killed so I am wondering if the IS-6 would be better but the gun on the T34 is crazy strong. UGGGG

Capwill73 #15 Posted Nov 22 2014 - 20:24

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14732 battles
  • [-LNF-] -LNF-
What do you guys think about the 112 Chinese tank?

RingYourBell #16 Posted Nov 22 2014 - 20:39

Major

• Players
  • 11777 battles

I hate to face an IS-6 but I will Fight a T34 NP ,,,

KnightFandragon #17 Posted Nov 25 2014 - 19:53

Major

• Players
  • 4617 battles

IS6:  Fast, agile, quick to reload, has good gun handling, decent enough armor, is an excellent brawler and in the right situations im sure can carry a team.  The penetration of 175 isnt that big an issue if you are an at all decent aimer and know weak points and weaker portions of armor on tanks.  Just as long as your not trying to shoot mantlets on US Tanks, it will pen just fine with standard ammo.  PLus, it only gets in T7-9MM, with the occasional poor T6 who get stuck with you. its a real troll tank.      Gear: Vstab/Rammer/GLD or Vents, Profit

T34: Huge, slow, bad aim time, horrid reload, poor traverse, can get into T10 battles, and does quite often.  It doesnt turn well, it doesnt move well, its a nightmare of a tank unless your playstyle is sit in a bush and shoot w/e comes into view.  Its a real lazy players tank, as the only thing it does well is sit in the back and fire rounds at anything in w/e line of fire you pick for that match.  Should you be put under any kind of pressure, you will be destroyed.  It cannot carry and for the most part cant even defend itself cuz everything about it is slow......

IS6: Active player's Brawling tank, fun, fast, deadly, low-ish pen, requires some brainpower

T34: Lazy players sniper tank, slow, snail like, deadly if the team decides its a good idea to sit in front of your gun while you take 15s between shots to reload, otherwise its a waste of time tank.......requires little brainpower, besides just lugging that gun around and firing at anything that presents itself and hoping to the Tank gods nothing gets past your front line...

favrepeoria #18 Posted Dec 01 2014 - 21:15

Captain

• Players
  • 32541 battles
  • [RATM] RATM

View PostKnightFandragon, on Nov 25 2014 - 12:53, said:

IS6:  Fast, agile, quick to reload, has good gun handling, decent enough armor, is an excellent brawler and in the right situations im sure can carry a team.  The penetration of 175 isnt that big an issue if you are an at all decent aimer and know weak points and weaker portions of armor on tanks.  Just as long as your not trying to shoot mantlets on US Tanks, it will pen just fine with standard ammo.  PLus, it only gets in T7-9MM, with the occasional poor T6 who get stuck with you. its a real troll tank.      Gear: Vstab/Rammer/GLD or Vents, Profit

T34: Huge, slow, bad aim time, horrid reload, poor traverse, can get into T10 battles, and does quite often.  It doesnt turn well, it doesnt move well, its a nightmare of a tank unless your playstyle is sit in a bush and shoot w/e comes into view.  Its a real lazy players tank, as the only thing it does well is sit in the back and fire rounds at anything in w/e line of fire you pick for that match.  Should you be put under any kind of pressure, you will be destroyed.  It cannot carry and for the most part cant even defend itself cuz everything about it is slow......

IS6: Active player's Brawling tank, fun, fast, deadly, low-ish pen, requires some brainpower

T34: Lazy players sniper tank, slow, snail like, deadly if the team decides its a good idea to sit in front of your gun while you take 15s between shots to reload, otherwise its a waste of time tank.......requires little brainpower, besides just lugging that gun around and firing at anything that presents itself and hoping to the Tank gods nothing gets past your front line...

So essentially you are saying that since you don't understand that playing T34 is harder it is obviously the easy tank to play. It is much less forgiving than IS6 for any number of reasons

KnightFandragon #19 Posted Dec 02 2014 - 14:03

Major

• Players
  • 4617 battles

View Postfavrepeoria, on Dec 01 2014 - 15:15, said:

So essentially you are saying that since you don't understand that playing T34 is harder it is obviously the easy tank to play. It is much less forgiving than IS6 for any number of reasons

And what the heck would make a T34 more forgiving then an IS6?

T34, you miss a shot, your screwed for 15 seconds, you wont escape anything, you wont have a shot ready should you be flanked.  Your armor wont troll any incoming fire.  Should you come under pressure and need to move, or snap shot, your screwed again.  T34 is only good in a perfect world where it can sit and snipe mostly immobile targets from mid range.  Any further and it's gun accuracy is to unreliable, any closer and it gets counter sniped insanely easy.  Plus, once its spotted, its an arty magnet.....ofc cover from arty, yada, yada....but still...IS6 or T34, Arty picks T34...

IS6:  Its armor is trollzy, its agile and mobile enough to escape.  It can survive in a brawl, its RoF is actually quite good.  Its snap shot and overall accuracy is pretty good.   And most of all, IS6 gets it's milk and cookies MM, keeping it from facing all those derpy 2K per shot T10 tanks...

Seriously, T34?  More forgiving then an IS6?  How so lol....I understand T34 is the harder tank to play, but I dont understand how you derive at it being easier to play.....you gunna feed me a line of crap about how the penetration on the T34 is amazing?

Edited by KnightFandragon, Dec 02 2014 - 14:04.

Inisheer #20 Posted Dec 02 2014 - 17:38

Private

• Players
  • 15457 battles
I have both and I prefer the IS-6. You'll have to use some premium ammo but rarely will you lose credits. It also allows you to carry a match better (IMO) due to its maneuverability. 

Also tagged with American Heavy tank

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users