American Heavy tank

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

favrepeoria #21 Posted Dec 03 2014 - 15:21

Captain

• Players
  • 32541 battles
  • [RATM] RATM
I never said it was more forgiving than IS6 but a good player will get much more out of a T34 than IS6. And I shoot IS6 first because all the pubbies don't know how to kill them. The pen is more than enough for any tank in this game on T34.   I am implying that a good T34 is more valuable than a good IS6.

What it comes down to is you will not carry in a T34 like an IS6 because a T34 should not be on the front line. You are comparing an apple and an orange in terms of play style. I am mainly taking a shot at your idea that T34 is lazy players tank. It takes a lot more thought to use T34 correctly. Just because your average pubbie tries to use a T34 like an IS6 doesn't make it the correct way to use such a tank

SMBakerESQ #22 Posted Dec 03 2014 - 22:56

Major

• Players
  • 21236 battles
Actually its the other way around.  The IS 6 is so forgiving if you can't play it just quit.  It's an incredible hedium with pref MM, why do you think every reroll gets?  A really good player can abuse it, but it has a low skill floor with troll armor, APCR spam and good speed.  It's also a great WN8 padder, in the right hands.

The T34 has greater earnings potential, but a higher skill floor.  It's difficult to play, but makes money due to great base AP pen.  If the gun handling was better it would be great. With the T28P gun handling it would be ridiculous.

SMBakerESQ #23 Posted Dec 03 2014 - 23:08

Major

• Players
  • 21236 battles
Another way to look at it, if drove the IS6 straight into the conflict area you almost would never be wrong.  The T34 has to switch back and forth, it can't brawl except when face hugging, can't really snipe unseen, can't push.

SMBakerESQ #24 Posted Dec 03 2014 - 23:14

Major

• Players
  • 21236 battles
For credits though, the JT88 craps money.  50k in a derp loss.  I was troll blocked so no shots at all, 25k.

KnightFandragon #25 Posted Dec 04 2014 - 13:52

Major

• Players
  • 4617 battles

View PostSMBakerESQ, on Dec 03 2014 - 17:08, said:

Another way to look at it, if drove the IS6 straight into the conflict area you almost would never be wrong. The T34 has to switch back and forth, it can't brawl except when face hugging, can't really snipe unseen, can't push.

T34 needs to stay away from any kind of pressure.  Under even moderate pressure, it doesnt operate for crap.  Its easy to flank, just keep it moving or traversing in any way and you will almost ensure your immunity from the gun.  Its armor is cheese, so its not like while its reloading you cant pen the hell out of it.   T34 at best is a mid range behind the lines tank.  IT cant brawl at all, its entire mobility package is so damn bad it might just get outdone by a Maus....or an E75, im sure either of those has higher traverse rates....Mediums absolutely dominate the T34 so bad its disgusting.

Kerosedge #26 Posted Jan 08 2015 - 05:33

Captain

• Players
  • 22119 battles
  • [CRIMZ] CRIMZ
I have both, I prefer the T34. Makes more credits.
T34 if I'm in a TX game I'm a TD or support heavy. If I'm top tier I'm a slow rolling dealer of death.

In my IS6 I pray to the gods of the tanks. And hope the gun don't troll me more than I troll others. It's fast and has troll armor, if it decides to work. It's fun to take out.  

EasyTarget5 #27 Posted Jan 09 2015 - 17:51

Corporal

• Players
  • 21206 battles

Well I am certainly no expert, but I always base my Premium selection on what I need to train, since for me, that is the primary purpose of premiums. I have a KV-4 and an IS-3 so I bought the IS-6. I have a JagdTiger 8,8 to train my German TD crews, a Super Pershing to train my American med crews and so on. 

Once I figured out that you don't control the tank in this game and all you do is tell the crew what you want them to do, my whole focus has been on training my crews. Doesn't matter where you aim if your gunner is crap. And your reload time is a function of how well trained your loader is. 

CodyMenz #28 Posted Jan 09 2015 - 19:11

Major

• Community Contributor
  • 30552 battles
  • [VAN] VAN

These two tank guides/reviews will help you out.  They both break down each tank and help you decide which one is better for you.

http://wotguru.com/tank-guide-is-6/

http://wotguru.com/tank-guide-t34/

There is also a lot more reviews for other premium and standard tanks.  Who knows you might want to get a different premium tank outside of the IS-6/T34.

DerViktim #29 Posted Jan 09 2015 - 22:40

Major

• Players
  • 18344 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

The T34 operates similarly, gun wise, to the IS-3 but with more pen and much more gun depression. Chassis wise the T34 handles like a turreted TD more than a heavy tank. The closest vehicle to it would be the T30. The best armor on the tank is on the turret face and mantlet. This tank does best when in a position where only the turret is exposed. This is called being "hull down". If the hull is exposed you are extremely vulnerable. Combined with the large amount of gun depression the tank has, and the strong turret armor, it can abuse hills to keep itself hull down while sending pain downrange. A hull down T34 is a tough opponent to deal with.

T34 is not a bad tank, but T34 definitely takes more high tier game experience to do well with compared to the IS-6. Ultimately my suggestion is that if you have plans to keep an IS-3, IS-8, or IS-4 in your tank garage get the IS-6. If your goal is to work your way up the T110E5 line, T34 is the better choice.

I have 572 games in the T34 and 259 games in IS-6. Both tanks are great at printing credits and working as crew trainers.

Canadian_Reaper #30 Posted Jan 10 2015 - 03:40

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 21795 battles

Is the T-34's reload that bad? It doesn't seem that much longer than the T-32's and it's gun is more accurate, greater pen, does more damage.

And from what I've seen people like the T-32. (I have no experience with either tank, other than shooting at them)

They're about the same speed, about the same hull armour..

ilude47 #31 Posted Feb 17 2015 - 08:54

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 23091 battles

Have both, there are definitely cases to be made for either. Depends on how you play, basically IS6 if you can't keep from running straight in or T34 if you're patient. I make better money with my T34 but the IS6 is no slouch either. I've done a rundown on the T34 that I will link under this. I have a lot more battles in my T34 so I probably am biased. Keep in mind you have to train your crews so think about where you want to head and buy a premium based on that. All tier 8 premiums make credits.

Lethal_Machines #32 Posted Apr 22 2015 - 22:39

Major

• Players
  • 11403 battles

View PostKnightFandragon, on Dec 02 2014 - 09:03, said:

And what the heck would make a T34 more forgiving then an IS6?

T34, you miss a shot, your screwed for 15 seconds, you wont escape anything, you wont have a shot ready should you be flanked.  Your armor wont troll any incoming fire.  Should you come under pressure and need to move, or snap shot, your screwed again.  T34 is only good in a perfect world where it can sit and snipe mostly immobile targets from mid range.  Any further and it's gun accuracy is to unreliable, any closer and it gets counter sniped insanely easy.  Plus, once its spotted, its an arty magnet.....ofc cover from arty, yada, yada....but still...IS6 or T34, Arty picks T34...

IS6:  Its armor is trollzy, its agile and mobile enough to escape.  It can survive in a brawl, its RoF is actually quite good.  Its snap shot and overall accuracy is pretty good.   And most of all, IS6 gets it's milk and cookies MM, keeping it from facing all those derpy 2K per shot T10 tanks...

Seriously, T34?  More forgiving then an IS6?  How so lol....I understand T34 is the harder tank to play, but I dont understand how you derive at it being easier to play.....you gunna feed me a line of crap about how the penetration on the T34 is amazing?

It's 12 seconds to reload with a gun rammer, plus you can bring the aim time down with GLD and V. Stab. T34 is more forgiving because its gun can smash any tier 8 premium it sees and then some. I've brawled against IS-6s with this tank and won several times. In fact, any time I see one with my T34 i just think, easy money. Only thing you shouldn't do with the T34 is be caught in the open. It is capable of standing up to moderate pressure so long as the driver is good, unlike what you said.  All you need to do with that tank is find a nice hill to hull down or side scrape then start smashing people. Plus, seeing T10s is more of a bonus because its much more challenging than just smashing lower tiers in a pref. MM tank, which means the ability to earn more money and more crew experience. Do I like T8 matches with the T34? Yes because everything is easy to damage, but I still make more money fighting against bigger tiers.

Jensen_Blayloc #33 Posted Apr 25 2015 - 14:56

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 12236 battles
  • [GANG] GANG

IS 6 if you are only buying one. It is a better tank. The T34 is the arch typical example of WGs treatment of American tanks. It has decent speed on paper, except the ground pressure makes it so you never actually get to speed, so it is actually slow. Has a great gun, except that it has the "american inaccuracy" which means, like almost every US tank in this game (and interestingly, a similar game created in that same area of the world) way more random than most other nations. If this tank had "soviet accuracy" then it would probably rate the matchmaking it gets, but alas, it does not. It has good view range, but the size of the tank, and lack of camo rating negates that (again, a typical US trait). The armor it has is worthless against the opponents it faces most of the time.

Like most american tanks (other than the t57 heavy line) it is mediocre at best and tantalizes you at times with flashes and can give you the odd monster game, but is more often than not disappointing and frustrating.  

Stimulus #34 Posted May 22 2015 - 17:58

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14211 battles

Was deciding between these two for spending my tournament gold.  I really went back and forth quite a bit before getting the T34.  Main thing was I wanted to make credits, and the T34 is just plain better at that.  Yes, seeing T10 sucks.  Yes, the reload sucks, making it difficult to carry matches.  But if I do 2k damage, I'm making 50k+ credits depending on repairs.  I've only played like 20-30 matches in it so far and regularly make 50-70k profit.  I've also never fired a gold round.

I felt that the IS-6 gun would disappoint me too much based on my experience with the 175pen 122mm gun on the IS, IS-3, and SU-152.  I could probably carry games harder and influence outcomes much more easily in an IS-6, but I wanted to make money, so I chose the T34. 

All that said, when I get another 5k gold, I'm getting the IS-6 as my 2nd T8 premium.

3aces #35 Posted May 31 2015 - 20:03

Sergeant

• Players
  • 33022 battles

I have both and consider both to be good credit makers. I would consider both of these as the 2 best tier8 premium tanks. (I have the jgtiger 8.8 too but it is very situational and is dependant on its teammates). As many of the posters have already stated it depends on your style of play. 

I carry about 33% to 50% gold rounds on my is6 and 33% gold rounds on my t34. 

Other factor to consider is crew training. 

Italiax #36 Posted Jun 07 2015 - 18:46

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13922 battles

T34 is much better for CONSISTENT credit making. Bad game? 50k+ profit np. Play it like a turreted TD, hull down, sidescrape, support. 248 AP pen can punch through any tank that you're going to face. Accuracy is good but you have to fully aim. I bought the frigging thing way before I got access to my 1st T8, an IS-3, rushing down through the Soviet heavy line. With over 1600 battles it's been my the go to tank when I needed to grind credits real quick.

IS-6 is not as consistent as T34 in terms of credit making due to sprem reliance, however, it can carry games. It can turn good profits as well assuming you switch between AP and APCR.

Both tanks need VStab, GLD, and rammer due to massive bloom and long aim time.

Kronaan #37 Posted Jun 10 2015 - 02:47

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 46413 battles
If u want a fun tank to play and that will help with your stats, DO NOT BUY T34. Is the worst tier 8 premium that you can buy. And I do have 2 marks of excellence in my T34.

Ultrasonic2 #38 Posted Jun 15 2015 - 02:51

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15114 battles
  • [NZ] NZ

t-34 if you want to train US crews or make money.  IS-6 does not make much money cos stock pen is rubbish.

T-34 is only good hull down. But the lowe is better post HD as is has no commanders hatch weak spot and a workable UGL.

But the fact it's only good hull down makes it a camper tank. The other US tanks have the same problem if they are hull down just don't engage with them. They are then forced out and then they are dead.

Is-6 has great DPM and good armor so you can push and not just camp and hope muppets will attack you. 

oh and obviously the Is-6 has limited MM

I have the is-6 lowe and t-34. The t-34 is my least played prem cos it's to situational. Between the t-34 and lowe id always take the lowe cos of it's better fronal armour. Remember it has 100mm on the sides so angling really works, and arty doesn't do much cos it has aroumr everywhere and it's a ramming champ cos of it's weight. You just have to do everything possible to speed the thing up

Edited by Ultrasonic2, Jun 15 2015 - 02:52.

Also tagged with American Heavy tank

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users