PZ38NA - bull

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

ozsavsta #1 Posted Jul 23 2012 - 04:36

Corporal

• Players
  • 1484 battles

View PostKillingMeSoftly, on May 29 2011 - 16:35, said:

If you have the cash, buy a Camo Net and equip it on your tank.  It's 100k credits so if the Pz38(NA) if your highest, its likely out of your league.

Regardless, if you find yourself in a hopeless battle this is what you should do;

Use your superior speed to run across to around the halfway point of the map and find a nice bush or cluster of bushes to hide behind/hide inside.  Sit still and don't attack an enemy that you know you won't be able to hurt, just keep them exposed for your teammates to attack.

If one of your allies deals damage to an enemy tank that they normally could not see, but can because you've spotted them, you will receive HALF of the XP/Credits they earn from damaging that enemy.

If you only see some weak enemies you know you can damage, feel free to engage them.  If you see no enemies, rush forward and hunt for the enemy artillery and destroy them.

Tier 4 light tanks are "recon tanks" and thus get paired into high tiers to provide sight for long range fighters/artillery on your team.

Alternatively you can hang around your base and defend it, and protect your allied artillery.  You can also follow some heavies around and watch their back.

I would LOVE this to work.. I did buy myself the camo net.. sat in the bushes hand off mouse... BOOM dead... spotted.. couldnt see the tank that shot OR spotted me...

Orkboyz #2 Posted Jul 29 2012 - 04:49

Corporal

• Players
  • 19987 battles
I personally like the tank. Even when I am running away and praying someone does not hit the wax paper rear armor. The problem is when the damn thing slows down. At speed it is decent but once it slws down it is easy pickings since the acceleration is not that great.  Mostly I use it to constantly probe... run in detect one or two enemy and haul ass back to the big brother friendlies. Use terrain and obstacles to try and protect yourself from enemy fire. Rinse and repeat until you are able to penetrate far enough to take out the artillery. Something is quite satisfying about parking right beside arty so they cannot turn and hammering thier side armor.

Act7 #3 Posted Aug 03 2012 - 01:26

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 5812 battles
Thankfully the new matchmaking makes the 38 nA a little more fun to play. Really it's not that bad of a tank, it's the MM that makes it so dreadful to play.

lostwingman #4 Posted Aug 03 2012 - 02:21

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 20334 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Speak for yourself, I like being a scout in battles where it is appreciated.

murphy4570 #5 Posted Aug 03 2012 - 04:24

Sergeant

• Players
  • 12278 battles
The Panzer 38NA is a neat little tank, I enjoy it overall. It sucks big time until you upgrade it with the better engine and 50mm cannon. After that it becomes a tenable threat. The 50mm cannon is surprisingly good, I have killed M3 Lee's with it. The real advantage is the fast reload time on the thing. I absolutely hate the LOOOOONG reload of the 105mm howitzer on my M4 Sherman, couldn't wait to get the 76mm cannon.

You do get smashed when placed at the bottom of the list, but I generally do not act like a suicide scout. No thankyou. I tail heavies and watch their 6, for the most part.

LordBludgeon #6 Posted Aug 03 2012 - 05:11

Private

• Players
  • 1059 battles
I'm still pretty new at this, but after reading this forum and it's European counterpart I'd like to share a couple of things. I started out really hating the NA, getting lousy XP and horriffic kill numbers and bounce/ricochet announcements constantly. Of course I did. I didn't know how to scout. Not that I'm any great shakes at it now, but with the MM if you've upgraded it at all you're going to be thrown into battles with juggernauts that could one-shot you twice with one shot. So it would really be a good idea to have some clue what you're supposed to be doing to help the team. I went to YouTube and found some pretty good tutorials such as World of Tanks Light Tank Series - Scout Tutorial part 1 , and after investing about 45 minutes watching the Scouting and (most importantly) Where To Aim clips, my XP (and cash) have at least tripled, and my enjoyment of this little tank has, too. When with a team that knows how to take advantage of the intel you're providing it can turn the grind into a good learning tool. I know I saw it on the Euro board and I believe I read it here somewhere: this is a great tank for teaching a lot of important fundamentals you will need in higher tiers in several different lines. I can see the benefit of having to "grind through" this tank to get to the other levels. As long as you can resist the urge to scratch that itchy trigger-finger... this isn't that kind of tank.

FPSGHoST808 #7 Posted Apr 24 2013 - 19:49

Major

• Players
  • 6998 battles
  • [_D_] _D_
I didnt like the pz38na because im used to the T-50 (even have a crew grinding their second skillset for it) its the turning speed that kills it. it turns and loses speed.

Hallivolve #8 Posted Apr 25 2013 - 13:32

Major

• Players
  • 12987 battles
  • [-DTOM] -DTOM
PzIII is better. Better radio, top speed, armor, and you have the choice of the 5cm gun and a 7.5cm gun.

InvaderLyx #9 Posted Apr 29 2013 - 03:27

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5503 battles
  • [LINCN] LINCN
Just finished eliting this tank, and I must say that the grind was actually fairly enjoyable.
I find myself doing more anti-scout and harassing/supporting than any "real" scouting.
If you're top or even near top, you can play it as a normal combat tank, with caution of course.
If you're bottom, chances are there's another tank that's better at scouting, so I just wait for an enemy ELC to zoom into our base before I take him out. And even then you can still be really useful. I once ninja capped the enemy base on Airfield by skirting the northern hills and entering their base. Nobody found out I was capping as well because they only saw the other VK3002D in the circle.
Overall, while not the best tank, I did enjoy it fairly well, and don't quite understand people who hate it so much.

Richardsen #10 Posted May 12 2013 - 18:23

Sergeant

• Players
  • 1670 battles
The tank is playable, it just requires a lot of practice and battles gone wrong before one is able to get the grip on how to drive it. Today I had a really nice battle, all by passively scouting, only fired one shot that missed.

Posted Image

Edited by Richardsen, May 12 2013 - 18:24.

Titaniumtank #11 Posted May 13 2013 - 02:37

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 4481 battles
Got my first eight kills in it, sadly with a defeat though, I will always remember that tragedy.

Gnarspall #12 Posted May 15 2013 - 03:21

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 9157 battles
  • [ASHES] ASHES
Never sit IN the bushes. You should read up on camo mechanics of the game.

RommelErwin168 #13 Posted May 17 2013 - 21:12

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8224 battles

View Postozsavsta, on Jul 23 2012 - 04:36, said:

I would LOVE this to work.. I did buy myself the camo net.. sat in the bushes hand off mouse... BOOM dead... spotted.. couldnt see the tank that shot OR spotted me...

You got it all wrong, bro.  You don't drink soup with a fork.  This thing doesn't have the view range to do passive scouting.   :blinky:

I would guess you got BOOM'ed by a Hellcat.   :teethhappy:

Richardsen #14 Posted May 20 2013 - 09:35

Sergeant

• Players
  • 1670 battles

View PostRommelErwin168, on May 17 2013 - 21:12, said:

You got it all wrong, bro.  You don't drink soup with a fork.  This thing doesn't have the view range to do passive scouting.   :blinky:

I would guess you got BOOM'ed by a Hellcat.   :teethhappy:

I beg to differ. The Pz. Kpfw. 38(t)nA has only 30 m less viewrange than the M24 Chaffee.

panzer1b #15 Posted Aug 02 2013 - 20:57

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8606 battles
  • [RDDTV] RDDTV
its playeable but its just very bad in comparison to the competition

the luchs (which i greatly enjoy and can even get kills in T8 battles) is loads better, accelerates WAY more, can turn circles around a leopard (which isnt a slouch either), and has the same top gun as well as teh ability to use the somewhat OP mk103 cannon (which happens to be able to pen ANYTHING in exchange for pure dps)

ill say even the pz3 is a better scout (except view range) as it has similar top speed, better accel and turning, and actually has armor to take shots

heck i have to say ive had more fun in the vk20 (which is terrible) as it can, unlike the pz38na, take fire and although the gun is abyssmal against T5 or more, its no worse then the pz38na

and i do not believe its useless as ive had batttles in it on my other accounts (EU) where ive gotten like 4+ kills, (and im not talking about steals, but taking someone down by at least half hp), but it is just the only tank ive played that i find to have not a single reedeeming or unique quality

its just not a fun or enjoyeable tank, not saying i havent played other meh tanks, but this one is the only tank i have to say i outright dislike to play period

matchmaking set to a regular T4 tank would be nice as itd at least help make it acceptable to play, or if not at least give it EITHER acceleration OR good turning ability

as playeable as it is and even though it is a viable tank, the luchs makes it into a complete joke so id just want it buffed in some department, either acceleration, turning ability, armor, or weaponry, although the last 2 could make it a tad OP at its tier and be useless at T5 or more

anyways, gl to all trying to get past this tank, its playeable but its just not fun for me whatsover

ilmor #16 Posted Aug 02 2013 - 21:07

Major

• Players
  • 9183 battles
  • [GOON] GOON
Not sure exactly why, but I like the 38 nA.  My win rate in it so far is 77.8% vs 40% for my PZ III. Maybe I've just been lucky!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users