Account was hacked

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

11_ECHO #1 Posted Dec 05 2014 - 09:56

Corporal

• Players
  • 43097 battles
After being off the internet for a couple of months I was contacted by some of my fellow clan-mates Via phone . About a week before i was to get my new internet turnd on . I was the clan commander , I had created the clan . Some one had gotten in and hacked my account , they had booted everyone from the clan except for my account . The guys wanted to know what was going on . As soon as I got back on the net I found that my Yahoo and facebook accounts had been hacked to . Than the WOT acount was there but I could get in . I changed the Passwords on all and sent in a note to WOT asking what they were going to do about it . Now they have me jumping through hoops trying to prove who I am . They are treating me like a criminal . My account is locked . Ive got over 28000 battles on that account and a lot of money invested down to creating the clan . I am a 54 year old USARMY Disabled Veteran . I am to old to be treated this way . This has been a way for me to relax and keep in contact with friends including my USABOT group which has a couple of clans on here .  I am not a computer Tech . Please tell me what your intentions are . That way I will know what I have to do Thank you very much . PS Ive dumped a ton of tickets in proof of who I am and 4 days later NOTHING has been done but more hassle .

11_ECHO #2 Posted Dec 05 2014 - 09:58

Corporal

• Players
  • 43097 battles
PS they dissolved my clan on me IHT Iron Horse Troopers and they want me to give them bank statements to prove i purchased them .

Ecksdeee #3 Posted Dec 05 2014 - 10:06

Major

• Players
  • 17251 battles
  • [WRPCK] WRPCK

View Post11_ECHO, on Dec 05 2014 - 09:56, said:

After being off the internet for a couple of months I was contacted by some of my fellow clan-mates Via phone . About a week before i was to get my new internet turnd on . I was the clan commander , I had created the clan . Some one had gotten in and hacked my account , they had booted everyone from the clan except for my account . The guys wanted to know what was going on . As soon as I got back on the net I found that my Yahoo and facebook accounts had been hacked to . Than the WOT acount was there but I could get in . I changed the Passwords on all and sent in a note to WOT asking what they were going to do about it . Now they have me jumping through hoops trying to prove who I am . They are treating me like a criminal . My account is locked . Ive got over 28000 battles on that account and a lot of money invested down to creating the clan . I am a 54 year old USARMY Disabled Veteran . I am to old to be treated this way . This has been a way for me to relax and keep in contact with friends including my USABOT group which has a couple of clans on here .  I am not a computer Tech . Please tell me what your intentions are . That way I will know what I have to do Thank you very much . PS Ive dumped a ton of tickets in proof of who I am and 4 days later NOTHING has been done but more hassle .

Because it should be easy to prove who you are online. Your supposed status as a vet means nothing. The only ones that throw that around are paper pushers and fobbits that did nothing. Either jump through the hoops like an actual vet would be used to or give up.

kebab6597 #4 Posted Dec 05 2014 - 10:08

Major

• Players
  • 58051 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

Sorry to hear your dilemma but jumping through hoops is the only way your going to get your account back

WG will require you to provide a lot of information to prove you are who you say you are but its information you should have no trouble providing such as original email address for your account ect

One of the most important security measures to do with your account is to have a cell phone number attached to it then you would have received a text the minute someone tried to change anything in your account and it would have been pretty simple to take control of it again

Good luck

Hugo__Stiglitz #5 Posted Dec 05 2014 - 10:09

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 14918 battles
  • [CRZYT] CRZYT
I am truly sorry to hear that.. I think hackers are the lowest form of scumbag. I wish I could help you much more but I hope my condolences help a little..

Sn0vvman #6 Posted Dec 05 2014 - 10:17

Captain

• Players
  • 28276 battles

View Post11_ECHO, on Dec 05 2014 - 09:56, said:

please do not call someone who guessed your password a hacker

Huey_Long #7 Posted Dec 05 2014 - 10:25

Major

• Players
  • 24527 battles

View PostSn0vvman, on Dec 05 2014 - 09:17, said:

please do not call someone who guessed your password a hacker

please do not comment on the forums when you're not gud@poasting.

madgiecool #8 Posted Dec 05 2014 - 10:34

Major

• Players
  • 52791 battles
  • [4NZAB] 4NZAB

View Post11_ECHO, on Oct 01 2014 - 06:49, said:

Ok down to the nitty gritty . 3 years invested in this game . During that time i have spent a considerable amount on your game . IE (SERVICE) that you provide to the customer . As a customer I can truthfully say this has been the worst experience I have ever had in 44 years of living either here or abroad . I have brought you problums and been tld i am a idiot and i dont know what i am talking about . I agreed to the rules stated in the url . It is constantly deferred to . I dont want excuses I want you to do what you are getting paid for . What you said you would provide . Why else would i pay you ? For the insults ? Then there are those who do nothing ./ I know its along the same line of what i was talking about right . The chat MODS they let their buddys do what they want but can screw up your game and everyone else s . Look bottom line i will keep the account to see if you can fix the problems (REAL PATCHES) not add on . Mean while I have games that are calling me to play . Good luck with that

Mate, I don't want to be rude... but your stories smell of malarkey.

Your OP.  Someone hacked your yahoo and FB and WoT and the best they could do was kick some ppl from your clan?!?!?  How about internet banking passwords?  Changing your FB status to something rude?  Using your email address to sign up for spam services.  Loading trojans and back doors on your PC... the list is endless.

When jumping throu hoops it pays to get your age right, is it 44 or 54.

Sn0vvman #9 Posted Dec 05 2014 - 10:42

Captain

• Players
  • 28276 battles

View PostLaceylace, on Dec 05 2014 - 10:25, said:

Holy SMokes your post count is close to your games played

and for  an IOC poster girl you sure come off as an ignorant person.......please stay in the off topic section

Huey_Long #10 Posted Dec 05 2014 - 10:55

Major

• Players
  • 24527 battles

View PostSn0vvman, on Dec 05 2014 - 09:42, said:

Holy SMokes your post count is close to your games played

and for  an IOC poster girl you sure come off as an ignorant person.......please stay in the off topic section

Holy smokes you have like no posts on the forum close to your battle count. 

and for someone who is saying I'm ignorant you sure don't know the meaning of ignorant.

Redwing_Warrior #11 Posted Dec 05 2014 - 10:56

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27215 battles
  • [70] 70
OP so upset, he joined a new clan 2 days ago.  I wonder if that was before or after his acct was hacked?

Edited by Redwing_Warrior, Dec 05 2014 - 11:01.

Sn0vvman #12 Posted Dec 05 2014 - 11:14

Captain

• Players
  • 28276 battles

View PostRedwing_Warrior, on Dec 05 2014 - 10:56, said:

OP so upset, he joined a new clan 2 days ago.  I wonder if that was before or after his acct was hacked?

lol so true

rEprEzEnt #13 Posted Dec 05 2014 - 11:41

Major

• Players
  • 17070 battles

View Postshadowhazcookie, on Dec 05 2014 - 09:06, said:

Because it should be easy to prove who you are online. Your supposed status as a vet means nothing. The only ones that throw that around are paper pushers and fobbits that did nothing. Either jump through the hoops like an actual vet would be used to or give up.

This couldn't be closer to the truth! 

Moguai #14 Posted Dec 05 2014 - 11:51

Major

• Players
  • 39663 battles
  • [ATO] ATO

They are not asking for anything out of the ordinary. The things they want from you to prove who you are.

1. ISP that you used when you created the account.

2. City where you created the account

3. Bank / Pay Pal statement showing your 1st purchase made to WG

4. email addy

If your story is true it should not be that difficult to prove who your are. When I went to change my email address they required the same things, and when I had issues remembering the date of my 1st purchase so I could provide a copy of my paypal statement (I was running a Inet business at that time and had literally 10s of thousand transactions) they were kind enough to give me a "hint" to what month it was which I then I promptly found what I needed.

Moguai #15 Posted Dec 05 2014 - 11:52

Major

• Players
  • 39663 battles
  • [ATO] ATO

View Postshadowhazcookie, on Dec 05 2014 - 02:06, said:

This ^^^^^^^^

After all its not that hard what they are asking for.

11_ECHO #16 Posted Dec 05 2014 - 18:36

Corporal

• Players
  • 43097 battles

View Postshadowhazcookie, on Dec 05 2014 - 04:06, said:

Paper pusher I was in Tanks for 6 years num nutts not some grunt . If you don't have something nice to say than don't respond . Have a nice day . I was there so I have the right not to be ostracized by people . I'm not communist . But you know what for you ill throw a little more out for you . I was driving a Truck over the road using Wondering WiFi at truck stops to get on line . When I made the account i did so on my Laptop . But I couldn't play the game on it because it has to small of a CPU in it . It would get to the launch point ad lock up . so i tried at a buddy's house because I was homeless living out of a tractor trailer of the company I was driving for and staying at friends house's when i was in or a motel . So go ahead and ask me for the information about what city I was in and my IP address provider at the time . Can you tell me I have no idea what I was doing back on 3/18/12 DO YOU than tell us show us the proof that you  were there show me a bank statement etc etc etc . So have you ever been Homeless I pray to God that you find out what its like for the amount of years  That I was homeless . Please do that and when you have walked that mile in my shoes . Than you can speak until than SHUT UP .

11_ECHO #17 Posted Dec 05 2014 - 18:41

Corporal

• Players
  • 43097 battles

View Postkebab6597, on Dec 05 2014 - 04:08, said:

Sorry to hear your dilemma but jumping through hoops is the only way your going to get your account back

WG will require you to provide a lot of information to prove you are who you say you are but its information you should have no trouble providing such as original email address for your account ect

One of the most important security measures to do with your account is to have a cell phone number attached to it then you would have received a text the minute someone tried to change anything in your account and it would have been pretty simple to take control of it again

Good luck

Thank you . Thats the thing I did get control of it i changed my pass words and than I asked WOT what they were going to do about the clan all the money and time / effort i had spent on it . Than I asked them about the tanks that were missing out of my garage . Thats when theyu locked my account up . How nice huh .

11_ECHO #18 Posted Dec 05 2014 - 18:51

Corporal

• Players
  • 43097 battles

View Postmadgiecool, on Dec 05 2014 - 04:34, said:

Yes the facebook and yahoo were of the same password my other important numbers are all different passwords . Yes I now have a lot of spam to deal with . I have no idea what was posted on the face book . im not going to sit there and check every page of it thats a lot of messages . I suspect it was a young kid that I had booted from the Clan who had tried to hack my account before and had hacked our raidcall . I had to make another raidcall . From what i have learned he had planed on selling the account on Ebay and had treid to Hack other peoples accounts from other clans that how i was warned . I think it was mainly done just to get even for being booted and ban  from the clan . Bad intentions by them . Oh I gave WOT his name and told them the same thing .

11_ECHO #19 Posted Dec 05 2014 - 18:56

Corporal

• Players
  • 43097 battles

View PostLaceylace, on Dec 05 2014 - 04:25, said:

If that retort was to me . HMMM I don't intend to be good at it because I did not ask to be here in the first place ( The Incident if you don't get it caused this recourse ) .I have no desire to sit in here and make wisecracks about people because all the life I have . Do you even play the game ?? Again if that is all you have to say join the ignore list have a nice day .

11_ECHO #20 Posted Dec 05 2014 - 19:02

Corporal

• Players
  • 43097 battles

[content removed - insults]

~Moderation Team 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users