Nation Icons Beside Names in Battle Loading Screen?

nation icons battle loading icons nations mod

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

peachter #1 Posted Dec 27 2014 - 23:21

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8558 battles

Hey Guys, I was making a modpack for 9.5 and when i tried to test it, nation icons beside player names in the battle loading screen appeared. At first I thought they corresponded with the vehicle nation, but there's also Spanish flags...

Here's a list of all my mods, can anyone tell me what mod this is from so I can remove it?

Mods

- XVM
    - Battle Tier
    - Notable Clan Icons
    - Vehicle Nation Icons
    - Minimap 
    - Tank Mastery Icons in Garage and Tech Tree
    - Hitlog
    - Player Statistics
    - Chance to Win
- Xft Damage Panel Mod
- J1mB0’s Crosshair Mod
- YasenKrasen’s Session Statistics Tracking Mod
- Maud In-Battle WN8 Calculator Mod

Thanks a lot

sqwurt #2 Posted Dec 27 2014 - 23:28

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 10832 battles
vehicle nation icons within xvm or Maud WN8 calculator?

peachter #3 Posted Dec 27 2014 - 23:33

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8558 battles

View Postsqwurt, on Dec 27 2014 - 22:28, said:

vehicle nation icons within xvm or Maud WN8 calculator?

I'm not sure, might be either or another in my list of mods, I want to remove it :P

Omega_Weapon #4 Posted Dec 27 2014 - 23:35

Major

• Players
  • 54379 battles
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF
Started to notice that too a couple of days ago when I re-installed XVM. I'm guessing it shows the country that person is playing from? The Brit flags are most common and often not on British tank models. Anyone know for sure?

Buck_Wild #5 Posted Dec 27 2014 - 23:48

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20599 battles

It tells you the language/country that the person's client is in. 

I'm pretty sure it's the "Vehicle's Nation Icons" under XVM. I use Aslain's modpack and that's what the nation flags fell under, and where I could deselect them, in his installer. 

peachter #6 Posted Dec 28 2014 - 00:11

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8558 battles
Sorry, I meant to remove "vehicles nation icons", that's only to indicate for my own modpack that it exists. Anyways, it seems like it's from xvm. I guess I'll just keep it since it indicates language. Thanks for your help everyone, +1 to all that helped :)

sWhOeLeFp #7 Posted Dec 28 2014 - 18:52

Corporal

• Players
  • 28160 battles
  • [-BTU-] -BTU-
on the XVM site, there is not a language choice for American, only English. which ever language you chose to read the page seems to determine what flag you get, important note- you can now tell who is using XVM.

ironwasp #8 Posted Jan 02 2015 - 14:29

Corporal

• Players
  • 60356 battles
  • [25CDN] 25CDN

I had noticed this too.  It's part of XVM.  It appears to be an attempt to identify the players language.  Not their nationality.  Removing it only helps you BTW.  If it's wrong everyone else will still be confused of course.  Generally I think most people will be confused because it seems to me that first impressions are that this will be nationality.

Look to the battleloading.xc configuration file.  In there you will see assignments for  "formatLeftNick" and "formatRightNick" include and html IMG tag with the following path 'xvm://res/icons/lang/{{region|CT}}/{{language|default}}.png'.  Remove that and you should be fine. 

I gather that region is your server and language sounds pretty obvious but is a 2 character country code.  The path is in the res_mods\xvm folder not the res folder of WOT.

There's only about 40 flags.  So if you live in a place like Canada tough luck (I show up with a Union Jack).  If you live in the USA also tough luck. Also if you live in a place with a language difference such as Quebec, also tough luck. Although I assume somewhere in the client you select language so those from Quebec will at least have french flags.

I was trying to find where these language codes are defined. But I couldn't find these in a macro definition.  (Mind you I just tried a few google searches).  I expected these were driven by the language selector in the launcher but I didn't try testing it. The NA server doesn't have 40 language choices and  I assume that different server launchers will support different languages.

If someone else finds more, please add to this post. 

Thanks

slim06 #9 Posted Jan 22 2015 - 14:48

Private

• Players
  • 7439 battles
hi i figure out how to remove the flags next to the names on the battle loading screen. if you are using the aslain mod you go down to other xvm settings and u uncheck the box that says show client language flag on battle loading and stats tab

Catboat181 #10 Posted Feb 06 2015 - 14:49

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 36353 battles

View Postslim06, on Jan 22 2015 - 14:48, said:

hi i figure out how to remove the flags next to the names on the battle loading screen. if you are using the aslain mod you go down to other xvm settings and u uncheck the box that says show client language flag on battle loading and stats tab

Where is 'other xvm settings'?

aegradev #11 Posted Jun 09 2015 - 21:49

Private

• Players
  • 13055 battles

View Postironwasp, on Jan 02 2015 - 13:29, said:

I had noticed this too.  It's part of XVM.  It appears to be an attempt to identify the players language.  Not their nationality.  Removing it only helps you BTW.  If it's wrong everyone else will still be confused of course.  Generally I think most people will be confused because it seems to me that first impressions are that this will be nationality.

Look to the battleloading.xc configuration file.  In there you will see assignments for  "formatLeftNick" and "formatRightNick" include and html IMG tag with the following path 'xvm://res/icons/lang/{{region|CT}}/{{language|default}}.png'.  Remove that and you should be fine. 

I gather that region is your server and language sounds pretty obvious but is a 2 character country code.  The path is in the res_mods\xvm folder not the res folder of WOT.

There's only about 40 flags.  So if you live in a place like Canada tough luck (I show up with a Union Jack).  If you live in the USA also tough luck. Also if you live in a place with a language difference such as Quebec, also tough luck. Although I assume somewhere in the client you select language so those from Quebec will at least have french flags.

I was trying to find where these language codes are defined. But I couldn't find these in a macro definition.  (Mind you I just tried a few google searches).  I expected these were driven by the language selector in the launcher but I didn't try testing it. The NA server doesn't have 40 language choices and  I assume that different server launchers will support different languages.

If someone else finds more, please add to this post. 

Thanks

Go to www.xvmmod.com,, log in, go to settings on top right corner and you will see "flag" on the bottom of the list. Change, remove, do as you wish :) GL

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users