• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

Rake #41 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 17:51

Major

• Players
  • 32246 battles
  • [LONER] LONER

View PostPwntUpRage, on Dec 12 2012 - 17:44, said:

If you can "accidentally" team hit once in a while as you described you getting a warning for, then you can also accidentally have a really bad streak of luck where you can do enough to turn blue.

I have never, and I have never been blue in the garage either...but I have accidentally hit team mates.

....and you don't have to spend time "watching" blue players.  You will know soon enough if they are misbehaving.
I've known each time why I turned blue in garage, and it wasn't for accidentally hitting someone once in a while.  Those who swear they're innocent and that it was just one stray shot are just full of it.  One caveat, however.  I'm not sure how much damage one needs to do to turn blue, so I don't know how quickly you are subject to being blue if you keep getting rammed by the smaller tanks when in a heavy.  That is a frequent occurrence now, and WG has shown zero interest in addressing this problem.

Avocet #42 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 18:23

Major

• Players
  • 9448 battles

View PostRake, on Dec 12 2012 - 17:28, said:

If you have a perfectly clean record and accidentally one shot a teammate in your spawn circle, you are not turning blue for that.  You may turn blue if you have a recent history of damaging or killing teammates.
I used to say this.

Then I accidentally one-shot a friendly M5 who ran sideways through the enemy cap circle in front of me while I was in the sniper scope taking a shot on the arty that had just lit up. No team hits for a month before that, but I was blue for that match and in the garage for the rest of the day (I only played about three matches beyond that, however).

Not a big deal, but it can happen.

slenderfungus #43 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 18:31

Major

• Players
  • 34706 battles
  • [RWO] RWO

View PostRake, on Dec 12 2012 - 17:40, said:

I disagree.  I don't have the time to "keep an eye" on someone who's proven themselves to be a detriment to other teams.  Quite frankly, not only is he/she a teamkiller, they aren't very bright either.  I've never turned blue in game, but I have had my name go blue in the garage on two occasions.  That blue name in the garage is a warning that you are at the point of going blue in game.  That warning means you need to be careful of taking risky shots, to avoid the excessive number of small tanks who think it's cool to ram heavies because the heavies get punished for it (so no, the tk system is not working well and has some major flaws), or to avoid retaliating against the grievers.  If you actually turned blue in game, you clearly don't give a damn about helping your team, and you don't deserve the benefit of the doubt.

So in other words you want to be judge, jury and executioner perhaps without knowing all of the facts?  Where do I get a soapbox to stand on like yours?

PwntUpRage #44 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 18:34

Major

• Players
  • 9681 battles
  • [-PACK] -PACK

View PostRake, on Dec 12 2012 - 17:51, said:

I've known each time why I turned blue in garage, and it wasn't for accidentally hitting someone once in a while.  

Are you saying these were intentional shots then?  Just curious.

Myself, I can go months without once hitting a team mate with a shot, then go into one match and do it twice by either me being too careless with my shots, or just luck of players zipping in front of me or just plain rng sending shot so wild it could hit a team mate on the moon.

cpl_killem #45 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 18:37

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 7612 battles
  • [CGN] CGN

View PostDeathimusMaximus, on Dec 12 2012 - 15:54, said:

thats a false statement mr..... its not always cause you have a thought process.... i had one guy hounding me any time he would catch me in a macth... killed me 3 times in 2 days.... next two times i saw him i defended and shot him back, killed him once..... then a few days later and unrelated some kid tried pushing me into enemy fire while shooting me so i pushed back, rammed him and he died... now im blue cause people are morons, not cause im a jerk trying to kill team mates..... dont make such general assumptions, you kind of come off as an elitist

let me make it easy for you

Blue TK's > greiffers > people that are blue from killing a TK'er

When someone is blue, it is because 99.9% of the time, a result of them being a team killer or greifer. Screw em, I'll shoot em, and let the lord pardon the .1%

I've shot greiffers and NEVER turned blue, so your logic/theory is invalid.

Blackhorse_Six #46 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 18:37

Major

• Players
  • 24503 battles
  • [2_11] 2_11

View PostThe_Chieftain, on Dec 12 2012 - 17:01, said:

The other 13 players on your team may not appreciate your judgement on their behalf. I only have a certain amount of time in the day to play, and am not appreciative of my daily double possibility being dramatically reduced because someone who is not a TKer has decided to unilaterally reduce our numbers.

The game's mechanics are not designed to effectively prevent the blue player from playing. Repeated TKs will result in a total game ban, not just turning blue. Obviously, other players don't see that, however. The correct answer is to keep an eye on the guy, but not to kill on sight absent hostile intent.

While I agree with everything you've said here, wouldn't it be a little wiser to remove the caveat of the Blue Guy being a legal target?

If he started the game Blue, we would prefer to give him the benefit of the doubt until he proves otherwise by shooting someone else and we have witnessed it.

Our position is that the Blue Guy who is given the benefit of the doubt may very well go on to be the Last Man Standing ...

UncleRuckus #47 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 18:53

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 14868 battles

View Postslenderfungus, on Dec 12 2012 - 18:31, said:

So in other words you want to be judge, jury and executioner perhaps without knowing all of the facts?  Where do I get a soapbox to stand on like yours?

You missed the part where the guy is already blue... the judge and jury portion is over.

slenderfungus #48 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 19:05

Major

• Players
  • 34706 battles
  • [RWO] RWO

View PostUncleRuckus, on Dec 12 2012 - 18:53, said:

You missed the part where the guy is already blue... the judge and jury portion is over.

No, I am fully aware of the blue part.  I have seen all too often someone turning blue in retaliation for being shot at multiple times by another player.  The "never shoot a teammate" only seems to apply to the one being shot at and not the one doing the shooting.  Just because the player is blue doesn't mean he instigated his punishment, he is being punished for retaliation and if a team mate shoots him once again punished for simply defending himself.  I do not kill blue players unless they have instigated a fight with me, which is rare.  I have seen several players turn blue and go on to help the team, so I give "blue" players the benefit of the doubt unless I get hit by them personally.

Dallen9 #49 Posted Dec 13 2012 - 00:14

Corporal

• Players
  • 8875 battles
You should get 3/4 of what they pay as compensation instead of 1/4.
Why is wg making us pay for other peoples mistakes?

erwalker #50 Posted Dec 13 2012 - 01:04

Private

• Players
  • 4686 battles
Given that one does not know the circumstances that lead to a person turning blue, shooting them on sight with out any other justification is idiotic.

The fact that their name is blue does not mean they are a TKer.

early in my WoTing (Tier II or III) my name turned blue for one game, thanks to some poor shooting on my part with an inaccurate gun. The game that my name was blue, I contributed more to the team success than most of the others on my team.  Killing me as UncleRuckus would have done would have been detrimental to the team and to his credit earning.

I've also had instances, as mentioned by others, where some light tank zips in front of my LOS just as I fire.  An 85mm shell from behind does not agree with an M3 that has already taken damage form enemy shots. I have made 0 credits in a losing batlle from just such an occurrence.

I'm all for destroying a TKer, whether his name is blue or not.  I'm also quite willing to give the benefit of the doubt to someone who is blue until they prove me wrong.

Rake #51 Posted Dec 13 2012 - 01:57

Major

• Players
  • 32246 battles
  • [LONER] LONER

View Postslenderfungus, on Dec 12 2012 - 18:31, said:

I'm not the judge or the jury, because they've already been deemed guilty and sentenced to be blue.

Rake #52 Posted Dec 13 2012 - 01:59

Major

• Players
  • 32246 battles
  • [LONER] LONER

View PostPwntUpRage, on Dec 12 2012 - 18:34, said:

Are you saying these were intentional shots then?  Just curious.

Myself, I can go months without once hitting a team mate with a shot, then go into one match and do it twice by either me being too careless with my shots, or just luck of players zipping in front of me or just plain rng sending shot so wild it could hit a team mate on the moon.
I'm saying I've known when I've accidentally hit and/or killed teammates and when I've taken matters into my own hands against the grievers.  I also know when I've had a string of light tanks running up my butt and damaging themselves, and in the process sending me closer to be being labeled a team killer.

Edited by Rake, Dec 13 2012 - 02:02.

PwntUpRage #53 Posted Dec 13 2012 - 02:06

Major

• Players
  • 9681 battles
  • [-PACK] -PACK

View PostRake, on Dec 13 2012 - 01:59, said:

I'm saying I've known when I've accidentally hit and/or killed teammates and when I've taken matters into my own hands against the grievers.  I also know when I've had a string of light tanks running up my butt and damaging themselves, and in the process sending me closer to be being labeled a team killer.

Which would back up the point that sometimes, stuff just goes wrong in a short period of time and could cause a blue tank despite nothing you did being malicious.

...therefore, automatically killing blue players is not always the right way to go.

Edited by PwntUpRage, Dec 13 2012 - 02:06.

slenderfungus #54 Posted Dec 13 2012 - 02:20

Major

• Players
  • 34706 battles
  • [RWO] RWO

View PostRake, on Dec 13 2012 - 01:57, said:

I'm not the judge or the jury, because they've already been deemed guilty and sentenced to be blue.

If you think you are doing your team a favor, you are just as bad as an intentional team killer just because you see blue, in my opinion.  I see no point in trying to change your mind, clearly you think you know what's best.  Good luck, it looks like you will need it.

Cleric2145 #55 Posted Dec 13 2012 - 02:27

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 5417 battles

View PostBlacknimbus, on Jul 18 2012 - 07:47, said:

It's incorrect to assume that a blue Player has killed more than one friendly.  I accidentally finished off a teammate who was about to get killed in the enemy base and I turned blue.  One errant shot and I was blue for the rest of the match.

View Postjohn_hilst, on Aug 24 2012 - 10:29, said:

is it possible to get rid of the blue name? i accidently killed a stug in the base during an encounter. please help!

View PostArchimedes, on Aug 24 2012 - 11:25, said:

You realize that the blue player may have reached that stage accidentally...if you kill them, you are actually damaging your teams chances of winning.  If he is actively shooting your teammates of course...then feel free to dispatch them with great haste.

For all three of these quotes, getting a blue name is NOT easy if you are paying attention to what you're shooting and you don't try to steal a kill or take a stupid risky shot. Turning blue is the result of CUMULATIVE team damage/killing, and it means that you ARE a team killer. If you have a blue name you deserve it. I have accidentally one-shotted friendly scouts as arty just because I was being stupid and trying to get a kill I couldn't get, and I didn't turn blue. If you turn blue, that is your punishment for being careless or a troll. It will eventually go away. Being blue doesn't mean you 'accidentally finished off a teammate about to die,' it means you've done damage to teammates multiple times in the past day or two. Taking the last 1% off a friendly won't cause it, nor will taking 100% off a single teammate. You get blue because you've done it SEVERAL times. Stop trying to downplay your carelessness and learn from it.

View PostAzanthriel, on Dec 02 2012 - 03:50, said:

I am now blue in my garage. A light tank at begining of a match rammed me numerous times; the fifth time I shot him once (taking him down too 9%). I then ignored him. He shot tme 10 times, no effect,  as I continued too head too enemy cap point. Then his friend a large TD killed me...all team mates. I was killed because he rammed me and his friend must have been upset I wouldn't die?!

Is it common for your own team mates to be such ^&*()?

It's not common for me, but no matter what, the rules don't allow you to team kill, even if they seriously deserve it. The best thing you can do, especially if they aren't damaging or pushing you because they are so small, is to just report it and ignore it. Hell, push them off a cliff or into enemy fire if they are truly a troll/griefer, that way you at least won't get blue.

If you see a blue at the beginning of a match, just ignore them until they actually do something. Even though you can kill them for free, they might actually do something to benefit the team, even if it is only to die and act as cover with their husk.

Rake #56 Posted Dec 13 2012 - 04:05

Major

• Players
  • 32246 battles
  • [LONER] LONER

View PostPwntUpRage, on Dec 13 2012 - 02:06, said:

Which would back up the point that sometimes, stuff just goes wrong in a short period of time and could cause a blue tank despite nothing you did being malicious.

...therefore, automatically killing blue players is not always the right way to go.
Yeah, and theoretically I could win the lottery for 1 billion dollars.

Rake #57 Posted Dec 13 2012 - 04:10

Major

• Players
  • 32246 battles
  • [LONER] LONER

View Postslenderfungus, on Dec 13 2012 - 02:20, said:

If you think you are doing your team a favor, you are just as bad as an intentional team killer just because you see blue, in my opinion.  I see no point in trying to change your mind, clearly you think you know what's best.  Good luck, it looks like you will need it.
The majority of players that I've seen come into battle blue, as opposed to turning blue for teamkilling after it started, began by shooting at teammates.  Not sure if it's 20 percent that acted normal, but that seems like a decent estimate.  They became blue for their own actions, and my history of observing these types of players is that they continue doing so.  There is no point giving them the benefit of the doubt in hopes that they won't shoot a teammate who has not demonstrated a history of killing or damaging their own.  You don't want to shoot them, that's fine.  I'd rather go with 13 teammates I can seem to trust (as much as one can trust them in a pub).

slenderfungus #58 Posted Dec 13 2012 - 05:54

Major

• Players
  • 34706 battles
  • [RWO] RWO

View PostRake, on Dec 13 2012 - 04:10, said:

The majority of players that I've seen come into battle blue, as opposed to turning blue for teamkilling after it started, began by shooting at teammates.  Not sure if it's 20 percent that acted normal, but that seems like a decent estimate.  They became blue for their own actions, and my history of observing these types of players is that they continue doing so.  There is no point giving them the benefit of the doubt in hopes that they won't shoot a teammate who has not demonstrated a history of killing or damaging their own.  You don't want to shoot them, that's fine.  I'd rather go with 13 teammates I can seem to trust (as much as one can trust them in a pub).

I have maybe seen 20 come in as blue, total.  Whatever they did in the prior game that got them the color change means nothing to me.  Again, it could have been in retaliation to being shot at, which is BS that you are not able to defend yourself against a TK'er, or they could have simply accidentally hit a team member while trying to cap, which I have seen happen several times.  Assuming you are perfect, which I am not and it it appears you aren't either, mistakes do happen.  I am guilty of accidental team killing and I have been blue in the garage once due to intentional team killing of a platoon that was grieving me, which I did not instigate I might add.  Until the blue player acts aggressively against the team I am on or towards me, I will not shoot him because he is blue and automatically think I have the right to do so.  If they were truly that untrustworthy and were prolific TK'ers the system would act as the executioner and ban them temporarily.  I'd rather go in with 14 team mates that can shoot other tanks and I would be happy if I could trust one of them.  Again, good luck with your quest to be the Blue Killing Bad Ass. :)

Edited by slenderfungus, Dec 13 2012 - 05:55.

Takxis #59 Posted Dec 13 2012 - 06:56

Corporal

• Players
  • 1908 battles
i had a game were i was a tank destroyer sitting on a cliff edge (concieled) and this team mate come up behind and starts pushing me. at first i thought he did it by accident but he kept backing up and raming me. i asked him to stop but he ignored me. he had almost pushed me over the edge. so when he backed up again i one shoted him. did not urn blue. but felt so good, the idiot.

Rake #60 Posted Dec 13 2012 - 12:14

Major

• Players
  • 32246 battles
  • [LONER] LONER

View Postslenderfungus, on Dec 13 2012 - 05:54, said:

I have maybe seen 20 come in as blue, total.  Whatever they did in the prior game that got them the color change means nothing to me.  Again, it could have been in retaliation to being shot at, which is BS that you are not able to defend yourself against a TK'er, or they could have simply accidentally hit a team member while trying to cap, which I have seen happen several times.  Assuming you are perfect, which I am not and it it appears you aren't either, mistakes do happen.  I am guilty of accidental team killing and I have been blue in the garage once due to intentional team killing of a platoon that was grieving me, which I did not instigate I might add.  Until the blue player acts aggressively against the team I am on or towards me, I will not shoot him because he is blue and automatically think I have the right to do so.  If they were truly that untrustworthy and were prolific TK'ers the system would act as the executioner and ban them temporarily.  I'd rather go in with 14 team mates that can shoot other tanks and I would be happy if I could trust one of them.  Again, good luck with your quest to be the Blue Killing Bad Ass. :)
Going blue in the garage isn't the same as going blue in game.  And when 80% or so of the players who start the game blue start shooting (and therefore damaging) teammates who aren't blue and don't have a recent history of screwing the team, I'll play the odds and eliminate the possibility ahead of time.  Because eliminating the know tk'er before they have a chance to inflict damage to the team gives us a better chance of winning than having him damage one or more of us who aren't going to just punk it up and shoot teammates.

But keep making up your childish titles.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users