Playing WoT with gamepad, joystick or wheel.

joystick gamepad wheel

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

zed2204 #21 Posted Jan 22 2016 - 14:17

Major

• -Players-
  • 44066 battles
  • [LIO] LIO
Kinda cool, you can play with your little brother, just not competitive enough, you will need thousands of games to become good enough and even then it won't be enough
It's a multiplayer game, handicapping yourself, especially when top tier like the video is handicapping your team too

And don't play arty

SKULL2XL #22 Posted Jan 25 2016 - 15:14

Captain

• Players
  • 18931 battles
i drive with the Logitech g-13 keyboard joy stick.... no emulator needed  also works on wows too :)

mbotts #23 Posted Jan 28 2016 - 03:07

Private

• -Players-
  • 4162 battles
i am using the Thrustmaster 16000M, AND mouse.  I love the combination--for me, way better than WASD keys.  But, I still  consider myself a beginner player.  Actually, this is maybe the ONLY joystick that could actually take the place of a mouse because it uses MAGNETIC sensors for the X/Y coordinates (NOT simple contacts...).  When I first tested it AS a mouse, I could instantly and accurately move cursor to all 4 corners of the screen, or move back to the center--even draw a perfect circle.  I love the TWIST stick--which I use for LEFT/RIGHT.  I use the top-cap control on the top of the stick for For-Cruise/Rev-Cruise...   For me, NEVER again WASD, just saying...

winrazor #24 Posted Jan 29 2016 - 08:21

Sergeant

• Players
  • 25 battles

View Postmbotts, on Jan 28 2016 - 03:07, said:

i am using the Thrustmaster 16000M, AND mouse.  I love the combination--for me, way better than WASD keys.  But, I still  consider myself a beginner player.  Actually, this is maybe the ONLY joystick that could actually take the place of a mouse because it uses MAGNETIC sensors for the X/Y coordinates (NOT simple contacts...).  When I first tested it AS a mouse, I could instantly and accurately move cursor to all 4 corners of the screen, or move back to the center--even draw a perfect circle.  I love the TWIST stick--which I use for LEFT/RIGHT.  I use the top-cap control on the top of the stick for For-Cruise/Rev-Cruise...   For me, NEVER again WASD, just saying...

Yes, when users ask me what to buy in order to play both planes and tanks - I always recommend this device because it has convenient side-buttons.

Use latest Standard version of WoJ Emulator, it contains radio-player controlled from the tray (by single click on the icon) and also by joysticks (direct connection, without window focus).

Emulator works excellent with Thrustmaster 16000M (confirmed by users) :great:

Edited by winrazor, Jan 29 2016 - 08:22.

Coffee_ #25 Posted Feb 18 2016 - 15:07

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 43478 battles

What is best FOR YOU does not make it best.

I used to play Id's Quake II in competition in a FC (fight club) many years ago.

The best player on our team with the highest kill rate used 2 joy sticks and NO keyboard input at all.

High End proportional joy sticks are very accurate and do NOT suffer from slip like mice do.

Laser mice do not suffer from this as bad as the old roller ball mice but they still slip if they are used on low contrast surfaces.

WoT is not exactly as fast paced compared to Quake II Competition. In Quake II it was all about who can move, shoot and evade the fastest. A 2 ms difference in ping is life or death.

If someone can play Quake II and kick everyone else to the curb with a joy stick.. It would be safe to say, it could easily be done in WoT if this user understands the game.

Thomas_Morford #26 Posted Aug 17 2016 - 20:54

Private

• -Players-
  • 34 battles

:great:View Postwinrazor, on Jan 29 2016 - 08:21, said:

Yes, when users ask me what to buy in order to play both planes and tanks - I always recommend this device because it has convenient side-buttons.

Use latest Standard version of WoJ Emulator, it contains radio-player controlled from the tray (by single click on the icon) and also by joysticks (direct connection, without window focus).

Emulator works excellent with Thrustmaster 16000M (confirmed by users) :great:

Thanks for the link to the World of Joysticks emulator, it is a great program and very user friendly. I have it running dual 16000Ms and Pro Flight Pedals that I use along with a mouse and keyboard.

MadMagnusFC #27 Posted Mar 13 2017 - 19:50

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 23919 battles
  • [-CDN-] -CDN-
I dont think anyone would use joystick to aim.. for movement only and should be just as good if not better than keyboard

ADeadBunnyNZ #28 Posted Apr 13 2017 - 09:47

Private

• -Players-
  • 6218 battles

I am wondering whether using a joystick for the movement will help stop RSI etc...

I use computers for work and playing WoT give me pain in the left hand.

Frakes70 #29 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 17:55

Corporal

• Players
  • 70883 battles
Microsoft Sidewinder Strategic Commander :) Old school.

RockChunker #30 Posted May 07 2017 - 01:51

Private

• -Players-
  • 3443 battles

View PostDocSkinner, on Jan 16 2016 - 17:46, said:

What I would love is Joystick and mouse - joystick for the WASD key stuff - just movement. Have nerve damage and fingers are jittery, so using the keys for movement gets problematic at times when I get a jitter.

I totally agree.  A joystick for direction/speed would be great for me. Combined with the keyboard it would be dynamite.  Targeting would still be mouse controlled.  I use this on most of my games and it works great for me.  For those brought up on controllers, use those.  For the wasd crowd, they could still use those.

wbulldogNA #31 Posted May 21 2017 - 05:44

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4097 battles
  • [-A-W-] -A-W-

View Postcallmecrazy, on Jan 01 2015 - 17:24, said:

Nope.  Keyboard and mouse, much more precise control.

ok, but i use a trackpad. there is a glitch or something that when you press down w and other keys, the trackpad doesnt work. I got a joystick for my flight simulator finally, and honestly, i can play much better with a joystick than a joystick. I will agree a mouse it better, but i play on a laptop while sitting in a couch. Its easier to have a joystick that i can use for everything than a mouse that will fall down.

MrAwsomepants54 #32 Posted Jun 07 2017 - 06:41

Private

• -Players-
  • 700 battles
you guys just have to learn that PC is the master race its more consoles because thats what the majority of the planet uses consolse cause you guys just never stop to think are they using a laptop.

Also tagged with joystick, gamepad, wheel

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users