CG's Personal Mission Tips/Tricks/Advice (STUG IV Currently)

CG Canadian Guitar Personal Missions

• Please log in to reply
183 replies to this topic

CanadianGuitar #1 Posted Jan 18 2015 - 03:48

Major

• Players
  • 32860 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

POPULAR

Hello everyone, I understand a lot of you are having troubles and issues with the Personal Missions, so I thought I'd give you some advice on how I got mine. It took me ~26 hours straight to unlock the Stug IV, and place 2nd in the forum contest, which I am both very excited about, and burnt out, but I figure if I can help a few of you figure this out, then at least my struggle was worth it. I completed MT/HT/TD/SPG 15 with the secondary for the STUG IV. On my normal play through, I was aiming at doing all 5, and managed the secondaries on SPG and TD first try. After struggling with LT-15 for over an hour, I started to alternate playing my LT, and going for the secondary on MT and HT to get those secondaries. I ended up getting my MT-15(s) in a T34-85M but playing a bit passive, and cleaning up two TDs on Sand River, and continuing my alternating pattern, got my HT-15(s) on Prokhorovka with an E100 playing the middle ridge (I had actually completed this three times before, but without the win needed for the secondary). A link to that battle's replay here http://replays.quick...id=82480#report 2921 damage dealt, 1983 received and 4300 blocked by armor for a total of 9204.

Now, I highly recommend having tanks of all types and tiers, I did 40% of these at tier 6, 40 % at tier 9, and the last 10% in 7s and 9s. There are reasons for this, which I will share along the way.

***NOTE*** A lot of these are worded poorly, and have requirements with are very vague, or barely fit the description. When giving advice to people in other threads, I've had a few people get angry at me when I tell them "Module damage doesn't count if it's a track". I'm sorry, I didn't make the missions, I'm just telling you what I've found in my experience, so please, keep that attitude out of here. Also, these are what I FOUND to work, it isn't to say that they are/aren't buggy and glitchy, but these are the methods and ways that I attained completion.

***FAQ***      Check back regularly as I add things.

Q)Do you need to do all the secondaries to get the bonus commendations, or just the last?

A) You only need to complete the secondary on the 15th mission in each line to get the extra commendations needed for the Stug.

Q) What tanks did you (CG) use to complete the missions?

A) I will go through and put in brackets the tanks I used beside the mission name

Q) Female crew? How do they work? Etc?

A) The Female crew must be picked as you receive them. You can pick nationality, tank, and position (Comm/Gunner/etc) and of only tanks you own [any tanks you have researched and/or own - Confirmed by Errants]. They come with a perk, Sisterhood of (blah blah blah), a BIA clone that only works with other women/SIA perks. They also have 100% in a perk that you can choose yourself, HOWEVER, SIA takes the place of SIA, and isn't compatible. Meaning, if you have 5 crew members with BIA in a tank, and the sixth member is a women, BIA will not be activated.

Q) HELP!?! I've read your guide, and done everything I could, THIS MISSION STILL ISN'T UNLOCKING!!!11!1!one

A) Some people have reported that mission still aren't completing, even after they are sure they have done all the requirements. Some, have also claimed that there could be an issue with them unlocking, and suggest canceling said mission, and restarting/re-selecting it. I can neither confirm nor deny this currently, however, I can say I was having issues with an arty mission on the T28C campaign, decided to try this myth, and happened to complete the mission the very next battle. This could be because some missions/completions are glitched, or it could just be a dumb luck coincidence that I failed the missions X times before, and just happened to restart it the battle before I finally met the goals.

***Guide Note*** Use Control + f to open your browser's search bar to easily find a mission that is giving you trouble. The missions are typed here as LT-1, MT-4, HT-15 for example. Always two letters, followed by a - and the number.

Light Tanks

I completed 95% of this with a Type 62, one of the three light tanks I own (the others being a 59-16, and a Valentine II [premium]). I would recommend having a low tier non-scout light tank for a few of these, Valentine II, Valentine (tech tree), Covenanter, Crusader ETC. I usually run my Type 62 with Rammer, Vert Stab, and Binocs, but for the end few missions with assist damage, I ran Optics, Binocs and Camo net.

LT-1 (Type 62)

• Win the Battle
  • Be Among the Top Ten players on your team by experience earned.
  •  
  • Survive the battle

This is a very easy mission. You could play a low tier light or a scout for this, in fact a scout might be easier because any damage/spotting you do is given a bonus for being lower tier.

LT-2 (Type 62)

• Be the first on your team to spot 2 enemy vehicles
  •  
  • Survive the battle

Another very easy mission. Take a scout tank, drive it straight at the enemy until you light a few of them, then turn away and play the rest of the game normally

LT-3 (Type 62)

• Cause damage to three enemy vehicles on the move
  •  
  • Destroy an enemy on the move

A little harder. The key here is to do damage to three different enemy vehicles while on the move. This can be done in any map really, a close smaller map you will have to do drive-bys in brawling areas, in larger maps, get to long range sniper distance, and press R once to put your tank in a slow forward cruise control (it's much easier than moving at full speed as the gun will bloom less). Auto aim is your friend in this mission. Or, you could play one of the non scout light tanks like I had suggested - A crusader would be very do able, and perhaps a Valentine even easier as you don't really move at all even at full speed, however, since it's slow, you might have trouble finding three different enemies depending on the map.

LT-4 (Type 62)

• Destroy the track of an enemy vehicle
  •  
  • The vehicles immobilized by you must receive damage

This is another very easy mission. Either take your scout tank and shoot the drive wheel or rear sprocket wheel on any tank you come across, or lob HE into the tracks, 1-2 shots will usually do it. Do this in a brawling map where your team is engaging enemies and easier get the second objective.

LT-5 (Type 62)

• Spot an enemy vehicle and assist your allies in destroying it
  •  
  • Spot enemy vehicles and enable your allies to cause damage to 2 vehicles spotted by you

Now we start to get into some of the harder and worse worded ones. This mission, I believe though is still fairly straight forward, you have to spot a tank (make sure you are the one who's actually spotting it), and have your team kill it. This is obviously easier on bigger maps where vision control becomes important, and can be done as simply as doing an active scouting run in amongst enemies, and damaging them an letting and ally kill them. You don't have to sit passive and spot waiting for someone to kill your target from full health unless you really want to, although that is an easier way to do the secondary.

LT-6 (Type 62)

• Spot 2 enemy vehicles before they spot you
  •  
  • Survive the battle

Load up a scout tank with binocs. Find a forward position quickly on a larger map, stop near a bush, let your binocs kick in, and you should get this right away. If you get spotted, don't fret, just relocate, and spot two tanks before those two spot you.

LT-7 (Type 62)

• Spot an SPG and assist your allies in destroying it
  •  
  • Survive the battle

Here we truly come across one of the first badly worded ones. I have seen a lot of people claiming they spot an SPG, have an ally kill it and don't get the mission for it. This leads me to believe two things, first, they weren't the only one spotting it, or secondly, you have to kill it yourself. I completed this by going into the enemy base alone, spotting an arty and killing it myself. I would be weary about killing just any arty that's spotted, as I believe you have to be the sole one to spot it.

LT-8 (Type 62)

• Win the battle by capturing an enemy base
  • Participate in the successful capture of the enemy base
  •  
  • Do not receive any hits during capture of the enemy base

This one can be a bit frustrating in a light tank, but it is fairly easy. The biggest issue will be having a game where you win via cap, and not kills. I suggest playing a scout passively (don't get yourself killed early on), and survive until towards the end when you find out if your team is going to cap or not, then move in to help or do it yourself. If you team caps, and you aren't there right away, don't worry, you only need 1 point of base cap to get credit for this. This can also be made easier by platooning with 1-2 others in lights, waiting for the battle to progress half way, and sending a three man team to run in and fast cap. A third option, is to take a low tier light (non-scout), and play normally, lower tier games result in capping more often than higher tiers, and a valentine is a good candidate to cap.

LT-9 (Type 62)

• Spot 2 enemy vehicles or destroy their tracks
  •  
  •  Use the following equipment; Binocs or Optics

This one I had trouble getting. I even yolo'd into an enemy base to spot tanks right away and couldn't get this to pop. After three matches I decided to just go for the track shots and got it first try. Again, shoot at drive wheels, rear wheels and use HE. Should only take one match if you ignore the spot part.

***EDIT*** Some people have reported that just tracking two enemies wasn't working for them either. I am now lead to believe that you need to spot at least two people and then track them later on. I think your best approach now is to do a quick scout run at the enemy spawn, spot 6+ before they can leave, and then later track 2 people, and hope 2 of them were ones you had spotted earlier.

LT-10 (Type 62)

• Spot enemy vehicles and enable your allies to cause at least 1000 HP of damage to vehicles spotted by you. Remain unspotted.
  •  
  • Use a camo net, and have camo on your tank.

Originally, this sounds very hard, and I beat myself up over being spotted in several matches, and would give up on it as soon as I got lit. DONT. As it turns out, this is fairly easy, being spotted or not. You have to spot for 1k damage, and in that duration don't get spotted. Once you have 1k spot damage, you can get spotted, die, whatever, but you must get 1k spot damage without being interrupted by being spotted. If you do get spotted, the mission isn't ruined either, relocate, go dark, and spot again. I had gotten this mission after being spotted in the first minute. I believe what happens is if you were to have a total of 600 spot damage, and you get lit, that number drops to 0, and you have to start again - each time you're spotted you need to get a clean 1k spot damage.

LT-11 (type 62)

• Join a battle as part of a platoon including an SPG
  • Enable your allies to cause at least 1500 HP damage to the vehicles spotted by you
  • Members of your platoon must cause 1000 damage
  •  
  •  Win
  • Survive

A little tricky, you start to get some more variables. Find a platoon mate who you trust to reliably do the damage requires, use communications, if they do the damage to enemies you spot, that makes it easier for both of you. I tried this a few times 1 LT, 1 SPG, but eventually did it 1 LT, 2 SPGs, I am not certain if both arties need to deal 1k each, or 1k combined so we played it safe and got each arty to get 1k each. As long as you are playing a tier 7+ scout, and tier 8+ arty, they should have issue getting the damage in, you just need to focus on getting 1500 spotting, again, if they fire at your targets, it makes it easier on you. Try to keep track of the damage dealt to targets you're lighting.

LT-12 (Type 62)

• Join a battle as a platoon of light tanks
  • Spot enemy vehicles and enable your allies to cause at least 2000 HP of damage to the vehicles spotted by you
  •  
  •  At least 1 platoon member needs to surive

This one I'm a little uncertain of. I complete this mission with only 1700 spotting damage. I am unaware of whether you and your platoon mate's spot damage is combined, or if damage you deal to enemies you spot counts (I did 300-500 damage with 1700 spot damage when it unlocked). I would still definitely shoot for dealing 2k spot damage yourself, but depending how this works you might get it easier like I did.

LT-13 (Valentine II)

• Destroy an Enemy vehicle that is the same tier as yours or higher
  •  
  • Cause at least 1000 damage

A very easy mission. If you're playing a tradition light, you will usually be the bottom tier anyway, if not, a low tier light tank will work anyway, just watch your targets.

LT-14 (Valentine II)

• Finish the battle as the top player on your team by experience earned
  •  
  •  Win the battle

This can be a little tricky in a scout. You will need to do a lot of spotting damage, and real damage (which will net you more XP because again, you're usually bottom tier and shooting up tier gives you bonus XP). I however, played my Valentine II, in a low tier game, and dealt 500 damage at tier 4, giving this to me first match. I personally believe the easier way to do this mission is to play a low tier non scout, and just deal damage

LT-15 (Type 62 - Not completed)

• Assist your allies in causing 4000 HP of damage by spotting enemy vehicles or destroying enemies tracks
  •  
  • Spot an enemy vehicle or destroy its tracks. This enemy vehicle must consequently be destroyed.

This mission I gave up on. It is very VERY MM dependent. Small brawling maps make this pretty much impossible, so you're hoping primarily for Prokorhovka and Malinovka. You will wanna kit up with Optics, Binocs and Camo net. Get to a forward position in a bush where you can spot various enemies, and count in your head the damage being dealt. I had two matches (in the span of an hour and a half) where I had 3400 and 3700 spot damage, but was spotted and died before I could get the extra little bit. A lot of luck for a good map, and luck for team mates who will deal the damage you need is needed for this. The secondary will come naturally however, as all you have to do is spot a tank that get's killed.

Medium Tanks

Here I used a few different tanks, primarily Cromwell, STB, and T54E1. Basically, you want a low tier fast/hig dpm tank, a medium you are really comfortable with at high tiers, and an autoloader.

MT-1 (STB-1)

• Cause damage to an enemy vehicle
  • Win
  • Be among the top 10 players on your team by XP earned
  •  
  • Survive

Very easy. Do damage, and don't be bottom five. Just play a match normal and you have it.

MT-2 (STB-1)

• Cause damage to an enemy vehicle while on the move
  •  
  • Destroy an enemy vehicle on the move

Another easy one. If you've played a medium tank before, you've done this (or really played this game). If you really need to just use auto aim and circle a tank.

MT-3 (STB-1)

• Cause damage to an enemy vehicle in the first 5 minutes of battle
  •  
  • Surivive

Another easy one. Don't scare yourself because there is a time limit attached, 5 minutes is a long time (a third of battle time). In fact, the average length of battle is 7-8 minutes. Doing damage in the first 5 minutes should come naturally

MT-4 (T54e1)

• Destroy the track of an enemy vehicle and cause damage to the immobilized vehicle.
  •  
  • Destroy an immobilized vehicle

This should be fairly easy. Aim for drive wheels again (in fact, most drive wheel shots also cause damage, I'm not positive but that will likely work). A higher RoF tank will be good here to make sure you get a second, damaging shot after the track shot, but most tanks aren't going to have that fast of a repair time (unless they use a kit). The secondary can be on any tank that is tracked, not necessarily the one you tracked.

MT-5 (T54e1)

• Destroy an enemy light tank
  •  
  • Survive

The only trouble here is being the first one to find/kill the light. Shouldn't take more than two or three matches. It could also be easier to tier down to 4-6, where most light tanks aren't scouts, and are more prevalent.

MT-6 (Cromwell)

• Cause damage to enemy vehicles of 3 different types
  •  
  • Survive

A bit trickier, as you are now at the mercy of MM. These need to be just as it says, three different types of vehicles (NOT three different vehicles). Just damage a light,med,heavy, etc to do this. Higher RoF tanks will do better. Tiering shouldn't make much difference.

MT-7 (Cromwell)

• Destroy an SPG
  •  
  •  Survive

Faster mediums and lucky MM obviously benefit here. Wait until at least mid way through the match if you want to yolo into the enemies base for arty. Fairly easy.

MT-8 (T54e1)

•  Destroy 2 enemy medium tanks
  •  
  •  Survive

At the mercy of MM again. I had 3 or 4 matches in a row with 2 or less mediums to kill. Cromwell/Comet and/or autoloaders are you go to here. Pay attention to your targets, know where the mediums usually go and plan accordingly.

MT-9 (Cromwell)

•  Set an enemy vehicle on fire
  •  
  •  Be among top 5 players by XP earned

A bit tricky, you are now at the mercy of RNG, and really have to aim well. I first tried 4-5 games in my T54E1 because I had figured an autoloader would give you a better chance at lighting a fire (more shots means more chance), but I ended up getting it with a cromwell on a vk 3001. Knowing where fuel tanks and engines are will help, everyone has come across some tanks they know catch fire more often than others, target those first, also German and Russian tanks seem to be more fire prone. I focused Germans to get mine. Go for side and rear shots primarily.

MT-10 (Cromwell)

• Fire at least 6 shots that cause damage to enemy vehicles
  •  
  • Destroy an enemy vehicle.

Much easier after the last mission, should only take 1, MAYBE 2 matches if you died early in the other to get this. Just shoot tanks. If you are having trouble, hang back a bit, don't sacrifice your HP to get damage.

MT-11 (STB-1)

• Destroy a vehicle by ramming
  •  
  • Win

Some tanks are better at ramming than others. Basically any light tank will be no match for you, especially if you shoot it once first. E50/E50M are great rammers too. Another easy way is wait until late game, go for arty, depending on the tier/hp, shoot it first, then ram it.

MT-12 (STB-1)

• As a platoon destroy 3 enemy vehicles
  •  
  • Each platoon member must cause damage to enemy vehicles destroyed by the platoon.

This mission is bugged (at least for me), or worded very poorly. The first game I had with my clan, we had 8 kills between us, myself 1, the others 3 and 4, and it didn't unlock. I had to physically kill 3 myself, whilst in a platoon. Keep that in mind. It also doesn't say that the platoon needs to be made up of mediums unlike some of the other platoon missions. It might need to be specifically a medium platoon, and not be written in. Lower tiers might be easier to attain this in.

MT-13 (STB-1)

• As a platoon, cause 3000 Hp damage to enemies
  •  
  • The platoon must be among the top 5 players on your team by XP earned

This mission works the way it is worded, unlike the previous. I completed this mission dealing only 1800 damage myself, the rest of the platoon can do the rest. Higher tiers are easier to attain this as they do more damage.

MT-14 (Cromwell)

•  Destroy an enemy heavy tank that is 1 tier higher than your vehicle
  •  
  •  Survive

Obviously un-doable at tier 10. I recommend doing this at 8 or below (although not written, I'm fairly certain a two tier difference will also work). I used my cromwell and simply found a tier 7 heavy to abuse. Compared to some of the missions, especially at 14, this is a very easy mission.

MT-15 (STB-1/T-34-85M secondary)

• Destroy 2 enemy tank destroyers
  •  
  • Survive

Back to the mercy of MM. This isn't too hard of a mission to do, unless you are doing the secondary. I first completed this with my STB-1, but died in the battle. I later came back and completed the secondary at tier 6 with my T-34-85M. If you are doing the secondary, you will want a medium you are very comfortable with, and has some staying power. This mission really isn't that hard when compared to the rest of the -15 missions.

Heavy Tanks

Heavy tanks again I recommend having a few tiers available. I used mostly M6 and E100, but Maus and 113 for two-three. You will need a HT that is fairly mobile with a good RoF for a few, and a really heavy brawler type for others.

HT-1 (M6)

• Destroy an enemy vehicle
  •  
  •  Cause at least 1000 damage

Starting off very easy, kill any enemy. Higher RoF tanks will be best here, and 1k damage is very easy over tier 5 in a heavy.

HT-2 (M6)

• Destroy an enemy vehicle up to a distance of 100m
  •  
  • Cause at least 1k damage

Again, fairly easy. Most heavies are used to brawling as it is. As long as you don't get a big, open map (Prok,Malinovka, etc) should come very naturally

HT-3 (M6)

• Destroy 2 enemy vehicles
  • Destroy the vehicles of 2 different types
  •  
  • Cause 1000 damage

Similar to other missions, just destroy two enemies that are type different types (light/med, med/heavy, etc). Isn't too difficult, faster firing heavies will benefit here, and you might need to kill steal, but this shouldn't take any more than a match or two.

HT-4 (E100)

• Damage or destroy one enemy module, or injure one crew member of an enemy vehicle
  •  
  • Surivive
  • Win

This mission is giving some people trouble, but it really isn't very hard. TRACK DAMAGE DOESN'T COUNT, which I believe is what is frustrating most people. Also, I can't 100% confirm, but I believe you actually have to destroy the module (red), not just damage it (orange/yellow) for it to count. Personally, I used an E100 and fired 3-4 rounds of HE to get mine, but over the course of normal play you will usually destroy a module/crew member every other game. This can be hurried by firing HE at a light/scout tank, or any really soft tank you find (newer German TD line, new UK TD line, Arty).

HT-5 (FV215b)

• Be among the top 3 players on your team by damage caused
  •  
  • Survive

Can take a bit if you keep having decent teams (if you do, you're luckier than I usually am), but really isn't too hard as you can be top 3. Pick a heavy tank you play well and are really comfortably in. Play to your best, focus on damage and surviving, the longer you survive the more damage you can put out. A brick tank like E100/Maus/Kv4/STI can work, but you might want to pick something a little more mobile in the event that you don't encounter many enemies and need to seek out more damage.

HT-6 (M6)

• Destroy 2 enemy heavy tanks
  •  
  • Survive

Most heavy tanks get put into the same brawl areas on maps over and over - this is a good thing in this case. Typically heavies go to the same areas every map, 8 line on himmelsdorf, 8 line on Redshire, ETC. Go to these areas, kill the enemy heavies doing the same thing they always do. Higher RoF and tanks you enjoy make this easier. I believe I used M6 for this. The M6 is a great heavy in its own tier, however a tier 10 might be advantageous because you will always be on equal footing, or shooting lower tiers.

HT-7 (IS-3)

• Participate in the capture of an enemy base
  • Cause 1000 damage
  •  
  • Destroy an enemy

Can be a bit tricky to get a team that caps and doesn't kill all. Don't be afraid to ask in game, A lot of people are doing these missions and might be willing to help you out. Don't ask in the beginning,  ask towards the end if they mind helping out with it. Don't use slow heavies (e100/maus/kv4/STI), stick to more mobile heavies to help you get to cap. All you need to do is win via cap, and have 1 Capture point. Lower tiers might be better, as cap victories are more common lower.

HT-8 (E100)

• Cause 1000 damage to enemy heavies
  •  

Very easy, same tricks from HT-6 should be used.Most heavy tanks get put into the same brawl areas on maps over and over - this is a good thing in this case. Typically heavies go to the same areas every map, 8 line on himmelsdorf, 8 line on Redshire, ETC. Go to these areas, kill the enemy heavies doing the same thing they always do. High alpha guns/high tiers are great here. 1k damage is 2 shots  from an E100, or two high rolls from most other tier 10 heavies.

HT-9 (113)

•  Destroy an enemy by ramming
  •  
  •  Win

This can be tricky depending on the circumstance. You might think to pick be heavy tanks (E100/Maus/Kv4/etc), for the sheer ram potential but I think it's counter productive because of the lack of speed, and how easy they are to dodge. Faster heavies will be better for this. Aim for lights mostly, mediums, and any weak heavies. Personally I took a fast heavy (113) and went to the enemy base, shot an SPG and rammed him for the kill.

HT-10 (E100)

• Cause at least 1000 damage to enemies that appear in your view range
  •  

Don't let the wording intimidate you, this is very easy. Basically, just do 1k damage at short range. Typically, on larger maps, the enemies you damage over 300m away are being lit by someone else, get in close (or even just normal firing ranges) and do your 1k. Again, higher tier, high alpha guns will be best. Smaller maps are easier.

HT-11 (IS-7)

• At the end of battle, cause at least 1000 damage. Do not have any damaged modules or injured crew members
  •  
  • Destroy 2 enemies

Playing passively can help here, but I believe there is a much easier method. Large kits (repair and medical), im 90% certain I played normally and saved my kits for the end, and healed everything in my tank for the end of the game. I got this in two matches (avoid dying like I did in the first).

HT-12 (IS-4)

• Have a total damage blocked by your armor equal or exceed the hit points of your vehicle
  • Cause 1000 damage
  •  
  • Win
  • Survive

Easier than it looks. Basically you want to pick a tank that has some strong armor, but not a huge amount of HP (avoid e100/Maus here). I chose an Is4 as it has 2500 HP, and decent armor. Other tanks can work at lower tiers, STI would be good, or anything with some decent turret armor. Now, you want to bounce rounds off of you, and keep track of the damage of their guns. Track shots do not count as they are penetrations of modules. Knowing the alpha of most enemy guns will help, for example in my IS4, I know 3 shots from an E100 will basically give me the mission. If you can get a lower tier heavy and get top tier on your team, this should also be do able. And unless you can get a hulldown map, I'd avoid T29/T32 as the hull is soft.

HT-13 (AMX 50B)

• Join as part of a platoon of Heavy Tanks
  • As a platoon destroy an enemy vehicle during the first 5 minutes
  •  
  • Survive

As I said in a medium mission, 5 minutes is a long time. It's 1/3 of total battle time, and the average match time is 7-8 minutes as it is. Playing normally should reward this, however, like some issues in the medium mission, I would highly recommend getting the kill yourself, and perhaps even making sure both of you get one. Autoloaders can be a good choice here, but really 5 minutes is a long time.

HT-14 (AMX 50B)

• Join as a part of a platoon of Heavy Tanks
  • As a platoon, destroy 3 enemy vehicles of 2 different types
  •  
  • At least 1 platoon member must survive

In this instance I had killed 3 tanks myself, of 2 types, so I'm unsure if it's bugged. You will be safest getting the three kills yourself (of two types), but it may work in the manner written; you and a platoon mate sharing 3 kills across 2 vehicle types. I would recommend taking two different styles of heavies; a brick and an autoloader, or a brick and a faster heavy.

HT-15 (E100/Maus)

• Damage caused, damage received, and damage blocked by armor must be at least 8000 hp of damage.
  •  
  • Win

This one is a little tough, but actually not as bad as you would think. Personally, I did this solo, twice (once normal, a second time for the secondary). The first time I used E100, the second time Maus. In the even of you dying, thats 2700 and 3000 damage respectively towards your total (almost 50%). Like HT-12, focus on counting how much damage you're blocking, and add it to the damage you've dealt. If you were to die in an E100, thats 2700, blocking 3 shots from an enemy e100 is ~2250 meaning you'd need to have done 3050 damage, which is ~4 shots of damage. Very very doable. You might need to do this a few times to get this done with a win, but the main thing is to angle armor, and keep track of damage you've blocked whilst dealing as much as possible. I ended up doing this several times to get the secondary (I had actually done the primary's 3 times, but lost all 3 battles) A link to that battle's replay here http://replays.quick...id=82480#report 2921 damage dealt, 1983 received and 4300 blocked by armor for a total of 9204.

Tank Destroyers

I did this using mostly my Object 263 (high RoF/DPM), Obj 268 (high alpha with good RoF)  Fv183 and Dickermax (one battle each and you'll see why).

TD-1 (Obj 263)

• Be among top 7 players on your team by XP earned
  •  
  • Win

Very easy. Just play any TD you like, do damage and be in the top half of the team.

TD-2 (FV 215b 183)

• Damage one module or injure one crew member
  •  
  •  At the end of battle do not have any damaged modules or injured crew members

Similar to HT-4 and HT-11. Track damage doesn't count, I also believe you have to break the module (red) not damage it (orange/yellow). This is where the Fv 183 comes in handy. 1-2 hesh rounds should give this to you, if not use a high alpha TD and fire HE at targets (lights, meds and light armored tds work best). Typically you'll get this over normal play anyway, damaging crew and modules is pretty common. As for the secondary, I'm fairly certain using a large medkit/repair kit to heal everything at the end of a match will work.

TD-3 (Obj 263)

• Win
  •  
  • Survive

As a TD, this should be easy. Two kills of any kind and win. Simple.

TD-4 (Obj 263)

• Destroy and enemy vehicle, remain unspotted by it at the moment of its destruction.
  •  
  • Use a Camo net

Typically as a TD, most of your time you will be invisible to your enemies. This is pretty hard to do in town maps (Ensk, Himmelsdorf, etc), but very easy on larger maps. Just simply kill a tank without him spotting you, after that, get spotted all you want.

TD-5 (obj 263)

• Cause damage to an enemy vehicle from the distance of at least 300m
  •  

Again, this should be easy as a TD. You usually do a lot of long range damage. In town maps focus down long corridors/alleys, on larger maps it should be easier than clicking battle.

TD-6 (Obj 263)

• Cause damage to an enemy vehicle from the  distance of at least 250m
  • Enemy vehicle must be on the move
  •  
  • Destroy a moving vehicle

This is basically the same mission you just did, except now you can be 50m closer, but they must be moving. Again very easy, avoid derp guns or guns with low velocity (15cm on rhmb and Wt4 for example are slow moving projectiles).

TD-7 (Obj 263)

• Destroy an enemy vehicle, having received no prior damage to your vehicle
  •  
  • Win

Finally, a bit of a challenge in the TD missions. You will want to play very passively here, at least for the first part of the match, remaining unspotted will be a huge advantage in this. Larger camo based maps will be easier, but can be done using high armored TD's anywhere else (Obj 263, JPE100, AT2/7/8 style tanks). I am uncertain whether or not module damage will count as being damaged, so I'd avoid getting hit until you get that kill.

TD-8 (Dicker Max)

• Cause twice as much damage as the HP of your vehicle
  •  
  • Win
  • Survive

Take the HP of the TD you want to use, double it, that's your goal. Pick a tank that has low HP, but high Alpha by comparison. I used the Dicker Max for this. it has 550 Hp, meaning I need 1100 damage. The gun deals 300 on avg, so I needed 4 shots of damage. Any TD can do this, but I'd avoid very high HP tanks like JPE100 for this. Also, the larger the gun, the better off you'll be. Lower tier tds might be your friends (tier 4-6), where they have lower HP pools.

TD-9 (Obj 263)

• Score 3 hits in a row
  •  

Another easy one, I'm not even sure if it has to be damaging hits, or just physical hits. To be on the safe side, I'd go for damaging hits. Pretty simple, don't miss.

TD-10 (Obj 263)

• Cause at least 1000 damage to enemies and remain unspotted
  •  
  • Win

This I believe is similar to the LT-10 mission. You can get spotted after you complete it, and if you are spotted, the damage gets reset. So, if you do 750 damage while unspotted, if you get spotted, and go dark again, you have to restart from 0 and get 1000 damage without being spotted again. Higher alpha tds will make this easy. It's only 2-3 shots at tier 8+.

TD-11 (Obj 263)

• Join a battle as a platoon of TDs
  • As a platoon, destroy 3 vehicles

Similar to MT-12, however I'm not sure if it is "bugged" like MT-12 or not. In the event of MT-12, I could only get it to complete when I personally got 3 kills, while platooned with others. When I attempted this TD mission, I made sure to get the 3 kills myself, and got it first try. If you can't get it to complete with sharing 3 kills, try to get 3 yourself. I would recommend either extremely high RoF tds, or high alpha tanks, the best of both worlds might not cut it here.

TD-12 (Obj 263)

• Destroy an enemy Heavy Tank
  • Cause 1000 damage
  •  
  • Win

Another really easy one. Kill a HT, and do 1000 damage. The damage done can be to any tank in the battle, and isn't exclusive to the HT you need to kill. This should be easy at any tier, as long as there are HT's on the enemy team.

TD-13 (Obj 263/Obj 268)

•  Finish the battle as the top player on your team by damage
  • Cause 1000
  •  
  • Survive

Depending on your teams, this could take you a while. I personally used the OBJ 263/268, and got it with the 268. You will want faster moving TD's with a solid RoF and Damage. I recommend faster TDs so that you can relocate throughout the battle to get yourself the damage you need. At tier 10, typically 3800+ will be the number you wanna shoot for (which is important because TD-15 will require 4000). At lower tiers the number will vary by tier, and even team. Even with a terrible team on a bad loss will make this easy as in most blow outs, your team won't have much in the way for damage anyway. Winning doesn't matter in this case, just pure damage output.

TD-14 (Obj 263)

• Join a battle as part of a platoon of Tank Destroyers
  • As a platoon, cause at least 30% of the total damage caused to the enemy vehicles by your team
  •  Win
  •  
  • At least 1 platoon mate must survive

This is easier in a 3 TD platoon, as you will have an extra person to help put forth damage in your platoon. In a typical tier 10 game, you will want to have around 9000 damage combined, tier 6-7 you will want 3000-3200. Bring players who will be able to communicate with you so you can keep track throughout the battle of what your running total is. If you have the mod that tells you what each team has for total HP, you will be able to know exactly what you need going in.

TD-15 (Obj 263)

• Cause at least 4000 damage to enemy vehicles
  •  

Quite possibly the easiest -15 mission, and the easiest -15 secondary. Chances are, you will get a kill if you've dealt 4000 damage. I wouldn't recommend doing this below tier 9, as there isn't as much HP on the battle field to get. Pick a TD you are comfortable with, but something fairly mobile as you will need to relocate. I used Obj263/268 to work on mine, achieving it with my 263. With 550 alpha, and a 9.2s reload, it only takes 7.2 shots to get 4000 damage, or with a 268's 750 damage, 5.3 shots of damage. I would recommend Objs 263/268/704, Foch155, WTE 100. You could do it with JPE, E4/E3, but they are a little slower, and the 183/4005 are a little too RNG dependent if you're using HESH

SPGs

For SPGS, you will want 2,  and preferably one that isn't french. I used Primarily my Fv3805, and had used my Su-14-2, Batchat 155-55 for one mission each. These are very MM dependent, as you will get Himmelsdorf, Ruinberg, Karkhov.

SPG-1 (Fv3805)

• Cause 1000 of damage to vehicles
  •  
  • Win

Any SPG will make this easy, and anything over tier 6 should be impossible not to, unless you get a town map.

SPG-2 (Fv3805)

• Cause 500 damage to enemy vehicles. Remain unspotted during the battle.
  •  
  • Destroy an enemy battle

The only mission about being unspotted that requires you to not be spotted the entire battle. For most victories in a SPG, this comes natural, however, if you absolutely are having issues getting this done, killing yourself is an option, before you get spotted.

SPG-3 (Fv3805)

• Score 3 hits that cause damage to enemy vehicles
  •  

Should be fairly easy, just do damage 3 times, unlike some of the other medium and light missions, this can be the same vehicle 3 times. I'm 90% certain these have to be direct hits, and not splashes that cause damage. Pick accurate arty, or wait for stationary targets.

SPG-4 (BC 155 55)

• Destroy an enemy light tank
  •  
  • Win

This can be a bit tough/RNG dependent, but isn't too hard. A lot of times scouts will come for the arty, and you can just TD mode them/direct fire them to kill them. Or, look for scouts that are scouting passively, sitting still (thinking they are hidden), or trying to snipe. Don't try to hit scouts that are moving full speed across the map, it's very unlikely you will hit them.

SPG-5 (FV 3805)

• Destroy the track of an enemy vehicle
  • Targets consequently destroyed by other players or self destructed are counted
  •  
  • Cause 100 damage

This I've heard is giving some people trouble. I believe this is another one worded poorly, and perhaps coded worse. I got mine by tracking an enemy vehicle AND having him killed by my team. The way it reads might make it sound like it needs to be either or, but I'm fairly certain you need both to count. Just be sure to aim at targets that are being engaged, hit them, track them and the team shouldn't be long finishing them off.

SPG-6 (FV 3805)

• Destroy 2 enemy vehicles of the same tier or higher
  •  
  • Win

I would recommend doing this at tiers 9 and below, as you have more options of targets. If you are tier 10, you only have tier 10s to kill, if you have an 8, and get in a tier 10 match, every kill will count. I did mine with my FV3805(tier 9). Not difficult, just a little RNG and MM dependent. City maps will suck, and if you keep getting top tier matches in arty, you will need to be a little more aware of your targets.

SPG-7 (FV 3805)

• Destroy an enemy TD
  •  
  • Cause 1000 damage

Really quite easy, just kill a TD.

SPG-8 (FV 3805)

• Cause at least 1000 damage to enemy Heavy Tanks
  •  
  • Destroy an enemy heavy tank

Again, very easy. At tier 7+, this should be done in 1-2 shots. Focus heavies and blow through this in a match or two.

SPG-9 (FV3805)

• Damage an enemy moving at a speed of at least 10 km/h
  •  
  • Survive

At first, this might seem difficult, but in reality, its quite easy. 10km/h is very very slow, to put it into perspective, a T95 cruises at 14 km/h. Pick targets who are moving back and forth/rocking to get shots on enemies, but aren't moving from place to place. Using an arty you're familiar with will make this easy as you should have an idea of the shell velocity.

SPG-10 (FV 3805)

• Destroy an enemy SPG
  •  
  • Cause 1000 damage

This can be a bit difficult, as there are usually less arty than anything else in a match, and it generally isn't lit until the end of the game, and since people are lighting them, their shots will get there before yours. You can wait until end games, and aim at usual arty spots and be ready for someone to light targets and get it this way, or you can try to get it earlier in the game by counter battery. Look for regular arty spots (places you might go if you were on the other team) and look for the tracers when arty fires. Fire back and see if you can kill them. Premium HE rounds are recommended for this as they increase the splash radius and thus your likely-hood of splashing an enemy arty for the kill.

SPG-11 (Su-14-2)

• Cause damage to 2 enemy vehicles with a single shot
  •  
  • Win

This can be a bit tricky, and will depend on RNG and enemies who will stack up close to each other. I do not recommend using French arty for this, as it has smaller splash than the rest, and higher tier arty will have larger guns and thus more splash. USE PREMIUM HE ROUNDS for the increased splash (typically this will add 40% more splash radius). Aim for areas that heavies usually fight at, heavies will often fight shoulder to shoulder and be the best candidates for this. It may take several matches to get a good map for this, and enemies who will sit beside each other.

SPG-12 (FV 3805)

• Be among the top 3 players on your team by damage caused
  •  
  •  Win

This can take a little while, but if you have an arty you're comfortable with, and a nice open map (Prokhorovka, Malinovka, etc) this should be fairly do able. The best part of this mission is you don't need to win for the primary objective, so if you get a team that gets steam rolle (0-15/1-15 style loss) you can likely get the top 3 very easily. Keep trying for a decent map, and this should come fairly easily, or hope for a terrible team, and direct fire mode an enemy as you get killed to snatch top 3 on a team that couldn't deal any damage.

SPG-13 (FV 3805)

• Join a battle as a platoon of SPGS
  • As a platoon, cause at least 20% of the total damage caused to enemy vehicles by your team
  • Win
  •  
  • All platoon members must survive

Fairly easy. Get a friend with communications who is decent with arty. Figure out the amount of damage you need, and go for it. In tier 10, this will be around the 4000-4400 mark, or tier 6-7 2200-2400. If you have the mod that shows you the teams total HP value, you will know going in what you need. 20% really isn't much damage, especially split between two people.

SPG-14 (Fv3805)

• Join a battle as part of a platoon including at least 1 or 2 light tanks
  • Cause 2000 damage
  •  
  • All platoon members must survive

This is easier than it makes it look too. The light tanks in your platoon, are irrelevant to your job. All you need your light tank partner(s) to do, is show up to battle, that's it. Then it's up to you to deal 2000 damage. Over tier 7/8 this should be really easy to accomplish.

SPG-15 (FV3805)

• Be among the top 3 players on your team by XP and Damaged caused
  • Cause at least 2000 damage
  •  
  • Survive

This can be a bit tricky, at least as far as getting top 3 in XP. As an arty, your XP from damage is shared with whoever is spotting your targets. This means you will need to deal a lot of damage to get the XP needed to take top three. To help get your XP and not have it shared, you can try blind shots on targets (shooting targets who aren't currently visible), since no one is spotting them you get all the XP from the damage you caused (including but not limited to counter battery). However, since you don't need to win for this, you can also get your own XP in a losing game, when the enemies come for you and you direct fire them. Since you can physically see them yourself, you get all the XP from the damage you caused. (This will conflict with the secondary, as usually when you need to direct fire mode, the game is lost, and you will soon be dead). Keep trying, this is by far the toughest SPG mission, but is still fairly easy to do. Tier 7+ is recommended.

There you have it, a bit of a guide/tips/advice on how to go about some of these missions. Complete all 5 of the x-15 missions, or complete 4 of the x-15 secondaries and you'll find yourself with the beautiful STUG IV.

Any questions, please ask, I'll be happy to help if I can. Or if you have any advice of your own to leave, please do, I'll included it above and cite you.

Edited by CanadianGuitar, Jan 22 2015 - 01:52.

davarco #2 Posted Jan 18 2015 - 03:49

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 9099 battles
  • [TLOP] TLOP

Best. Guide. Ever. 

+1

Ziltoid3 #3 Posted Jan 18 2015 - 03:57

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15203 battles
  • [NADD] NADD
so what premium you gonna pick? type 59?

Reppic27 #4 Posted Jan 18 2015 - 03:59

Captain

• Players
  • 12126 battles

I gotta say.... +1 for putting together this guide... probably took you a fair amount of time. 

I personally gave up but now I can admire your StuG pictures !

SilkySmooth #5 Posted Jan 18 2015 - 04:01

Major

• Players
  • 30719 battles

+1 for all the work you put in. Wow - I am sure this will be helpful. 

GJ brother on coming in second..... so what premium are you getting? 

CanadianGuitar #6 Posted Jan 18 2015 - 04:01

Major

• Players
  • 32860 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostZiltoid3, on Jan 17 2015 - 22:57, said:

so what premium you gonna pick? type 59?

Depends on the list. That is my initial choice, depends what other rarities are on there.

View PostReppic27, on Jan 17 2015 - 22:59, said:

I gotta say.... +1 for putting together this guide... probably took you a fair amount of time. 

I personally gave up but now I can admire your StuG pictures !

About 2.5 - 3 hours

aorticmojo #7 Posted Jan 18 2015 - 04:02

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 26774 battles

Awesome guide, and 26 hours......:ohmy:

Personally I've found using the T-34 for meds and the Covenator for many of the light tank missions.  Cov being a light but not getting scout mm REALLY helps alot.

nuttydave1234 #8 Posted Jan 18 2015 - 04:07

Major

• Players
  • 26467 battles
  • [F0XEY] F0XEY

View PostCanadianGuitar, on Jan 18 2015 - 04:01, said:

Depends on the list. That is my initial choice, depends what other rarities are on there.

About 2.5 - 3 hours

Pz. II J for the lols. 

But great guide, will be using this...even though i don't quite own these tanks.

scyorkie #9 Posted Jan 18 2015 - 04:11

Major

• Players
  • 66017 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER
Lol you used the CW camo on the Stug, instead of saving it for the T55A?

yarl5000 #10 Posted Jan 18 2015 - 04:11

Major

• Players
  • 7566 battles
  • [VPG-R] VPG-R
Very nice.  Not sure if you know but to earn the extra token do you have to complete the secondary on all the missions or only the 15th mission.  [I know probably answered somewhere else and this might not be the best spot but wanted to ask]

VapedGaming #11 Posted Jan 18 2015 - 04:12

Major

• Players
  • 28829 battles
I didn't read the entire poast(so excuse my ignorance if any exists), but what tanks did you personally use for the missions?  Don't need to include arty because I don't plan on using it if at all possible.

holdmecloserTonyDanza #12 Posted Jan 18 2015 - 04:12

Major

• Players
  • 55967 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
posting so I can find this later...thanks CG...awesome stuff

Awesometankdriver #13 Posted Jan 18 2015 - 04:21

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 7940 battles

Block Quote

SPG-2

• Cause 500 damage to enemy vehicles. Remain unspotted during the battle.
  •  
  • Destroy an enemy battle

The only mission about being unspotted that requires you to not be spotted the entire battle. For most victories in a SPG, this comes natural, however, if you absolutely are having issues getting this done, killing yourself is an option, before you get spotted.

Lol "Destroy an enemy battle" Imagine the rage that is going to cause :P

And also, really "...if you absolutely are having issues getting this done, killing yourself is an option, before you get spotted."

Don't give the noobs the idea. :ohmy: 

IndygoEEI #14 Posted Jan 18 2015 - 04:21

Major

• Players
  • 47915 battles
  • [GUNS6] GUNS6
Well crap....  Looks like I've got some reading material....

Specdat #15 Posted Jan 18 2015 - 04:23

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 22046 battles
  • [IIWII] IIWII
Thanx CG! +1

Archeronv1 #16 Posted Jan 18 2015 - 04:24

Captain

• Players
  • 14799 battles
  • [EMIYA] EMIYA
I take it the StuG doesn't get pref. matchmaking. 

CanadianGuitar #17 Posted Jan 18 2015 - 04:25

Major

• Players
  • 32860 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View Postyarl5000, on Jan 17 2015 - 23:11, said:

Very nice.  Not sure if you know but to earn the extra token do you have to complete the secondary on all the missions or only the 15th mission.  [I know probably answered somewhere else and this might not be the best spot but wanted to ask]

Its in the beginning.

View PostOneTrueLeader, on Jan 17 2015 - 23:12, said:

I didn't read the entire poast(so excuse my ignorance if any exists), but what tanks did you personally use for the missions?  Don't need to include arty because I don't plan on using it if at all possible.

I have it posted under the headings of each tank type.

VapedGaming #18 Posted Jan 18 2015 - 04:29

Major

• Players
  • 28829 battles

View PostCanadianGuitar, on Jan 17 2015 - 19:25, said:

Its in the beginning.

I have it posted under the headings of each tank type.

Like I said, excuse my ignorance.

Zequill #19 Posted Jan 18 2015 - 04:37

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18982 battles
Nice post CG +1, hopefully it'll help cut down on some of "How do I do this mission threads?" :D

Yamada_Sensei #20 Posted Jan 18 2015 - 04:38

Captain

• Players
  • 27440 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN
PLS POST GUIDE FOR T28C. I'm curious who will be the first person to get it.

Also tagged with CG, Canadian, Guitar, Personal Missions

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users