READ BEFORE YOU SEND IN A TECH SUPPORT TICKET!

tech support mods tickets support

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

Pigeon_of_War #1 Posted Jan 29 2015 - 02:27

Assistant Producer

• Administrator
  • 9799 battles
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A

Hey Tankers! 

We wanted to remind everyone that one of the things done at Support is provide Technical Support for our player having issues logging into your account. Nothing is more important to us than making sure you can enjoy our game, World of Tanks! Sometimes we might ask you for specific logs about your current computer set-up and settings. We would like to formally ask that all players please remove all of your modifications (mods) from your client before you send a Tech Support ticket. 

Believe us when we say this resolves a LOT of issues we see on a day to day basis. Mods are cool and we don't mind at all if you use them (so long as they aren't Prohibited), but they can't help us in Tech Support. We need clean (vanilla) clients to investigate and find out what the issue is, especially if the issue becomes a wide spread one and specific logs would be needed to report to our Bug Support team. 

So please, before you ask for assistance from us, for which we will be more than glad to give, remove thy mods and we can push forward! 

Thank for hearing us out! 

Riptide109 #2 Posted Jan 29 2015 - 02:31

Major

• Players
  • 7956 battles
  • [IOC] IOC
Alright....I probably dont need any support in my current state, but when i do need it, I'll remember. Thanks! +1

Stored #3 Posted Jan 29 2015 - 02:32

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17100 battles

View PostPigeon_of_War, on Jan 29 2015 - 02:27, said:

Hey Tankers! 

We wanted to remind everyone that one of the things done at Support is provide Technical Support for our player having issues logging into your account. Nothing is more important to us than making sure you can enjoy our game, World of Tanks! Sometimes we might ask you for specific logs about your current computer set-up and settings. We would like to formally ask that all players please remove all of your modifications (mods) from your client before you send a Tech Support ticket. 

Believe us when we say this resolves a LOT of issues we see on a day to day basis. Mods are cool and we don't mind at all if you use them (so long as they aren't Prohibited), but they can't help us in Tech Support. We need clean (vanilla) clients to investigate and find out what the issue is, especially if the issue becomes a wide spread one and specific logs would be needed to report to our Bug Support team. 

So please, before you ask for assistance from us, for which we will be more than glad to give, remove thy mods and we can push forward! 

Wargamings wallet disagrees

HowitzerBlitzer #4 Posted Jan 29 2015 - 02:34

Major

• Players
  • 12232 battles
Why so many capital letters? I have never seen a WG staff member bother to do that.

Pigeon_of_War #5 Posted Jan 29 2015 - 02:37

Assistant Producer

• Administrator
  • 9799 battles
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A

View Poststoredwall1, on Jan 28 2015 - 17:32, said:

Wargamings wallet disagrees

You won't feel very much inclined to optionally buy things from us if you don't like our game....so......

LordBenjamin #6 Posted Jan 29 2015 - 02:52

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17263 battles
  • [BE] BE

View PostPigeon_of_War, on Jan 28 2015 - 19:37, said:

You won't feel very much inclined to optionally buy things from us if you don't like our game....so......

How very capitalist of you comrade!!

Edited by LordBenjamin, Jan 29 2015 - 02:52.

Jaguaratron #7 Posted Jan 29 2015 - 02:54

Major

• Players
  • 28553 battles

Also reboot your pc before sending in a ticket, its amazing how many people wont try this most basic of troubleshooting......

Posted Image

Strike_Witch_Tomoko #8 Posted Jan 29 2015 - 02:57

Major

• Players
  • 15555 battles
  • [2HARM] 2HARM

View PostPigeon_of_War, on Jan 28 2015 - 18:27, said:

Hey Tankers! 

2 things

first is the awesomium folder put in mod folder by you guys?  does that count as a mod or is it overlooked?

2nd.  prohibited... ****  when the battle assistant mod give arty tank sniper view.   ****

[content moderated - mentioning illegal mods, cheats]
~GM/Mod Teams

also Storm said that if they implemented battle assistant they'd have to nerf arty.  doesnt that mean that right now everyone using the mod when playign arty is getting an unfair advantage right now?

circles within circles. it doesnt make sense.

- Storm states he doesn’t play arty, but other WG devs that do a lot (experts) like the Battle Assistant mode
- developers have thought about implementing Battle Assistant mode into World of Tanks, but Storm states it would have to come along with an arty nerf, so for now no proper solution was found
- Storm openly says that the Battle Assistant mod does give players an advantage in game
- some of the solutions for arty (should the Battle Assistant mode be implemented) include showing arty reload timers to players or to designate the sector where the arty is firing from (SS: now that’s just copying Armored Warfare)

http://ftr.wot-news....-big-storms-qa/

cause right now, **** but not battle assistant it would be the other way around.

Stored #9 Posted Jan 29 2015 - 03:22

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17100 battles

View PostPigeon_of_War, on Jan 29 2015 - 02:37, said:

+1 for the witty response

Why thank you! ~PIgeon_of_War

Pigeon_of_War #10 Posted Jan 29 2015 - 03:24

Assistant Producer

• Administrator
  • 9799 battles
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A

View PostAmberpaw, on Jan 28 2015 - 17:57, said:

http://ftr.wot-news....-big-storms-qa/

cause right now, its looking like if the devs liked warpack but not battle assistant it would be the other way around.

Huh, didn't know FTR was gospel. :sceptic:

Kidding kidding.
To answer your question, awesomium is basically what you think it is, so it's allowed. As per your second question, pretty much everything in Warpack is prohibited. But hey, knowing this, if you want to pay someone money to use an illegal mod and respect getting your account restricted, I guess that's your choice. 

Vladamir_Inhaler #11 Posted Jan 29 2015 - 03:28

Captain

• Players
  • 47834 battles
  • [AC_DC] AC_DC

View PostPigeon_of_War, on Jan 29 2015 - 10:57, said:

Hey Tankers!

Understandable, but I have seen where support staff have used it to become 'lazy' in examining tickets. A clanmate raised a ticket questioning how crew retraining was working, and upon seeing screenshots featuring mods they dismissed the question with a copy & paste "get rid of your mod" response. The question had literally nothing to do with mods whatsoever, the support staff should have taken 30 seconds to actually read the ticket.

Strike_Witch_Tomoko #12 Posted Jan 29 2015 - 03:34

Major

• Players
  • 15555 battles
  • [2HARM] 2HARM

View PostPigeon_of_War, on Jan 28 2015 - 19:24, said:

Kidding kidding.
To answer your question, awesomium is basically what you think it is, so it's allowed. As per your second question, pretty much everything in Warpack is prohibited. But hey, knowing this, if you want to pay someone money to use an illegal mod and respect getting your account restricted, I guess that's your choice. 

i dont use ****. only mods i use are self made tank skins (anime skin, and a few remodels for [edited]and giggles)

[content moderated - mentioning illegal mods, cheats]
~GM/Mod Teams

but by your logic, battle assistant is still illegal logically.

and no ftr isnt the gospel, but it still has a good point.  ARTY has an unfair advantage tanks don't get.    i'm pretty tired of being killed by a direct hit or splash when moving at 72km/h.

arty causes camping...cause the only way you can survive is to hide.    arty is very good at hitting you on the move.....

and now i can't even move safely in cities due to them shooting through windows with shots they never would have attempted before.  now i understand why people hide behind arty....

Pigeon_of_War #13 Posted Jan 29 2015 - 03:37

Assistant Producer

• Administrator
  • 9799 battles
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A

View PostAmberpaw, on Jan 28 2015 - 18:34, said:

and no ftr isnt the gospel, but it still has a good point.  ARTY has an unfair advantage tanks don't get.    i'm pretty tired of being killed by a direct hit or splash when moving at 72km/h.

arty causes camping...cause the only way you can survive is to hide.    arty is very good at hitting you on the move.....

and now i can't even move safely in cities due to them shooting through windows with shots they never would have attempted before.  now i understand why people hide behind arty....

Your complaints on Prohibited mods and what not might be best served here. Please voice them here instead : Prohibited Mods Forum

ThePigSheFlies #14 Posted Jan 29 2015 - 03:52

Major

• Players
  • 55066 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostPigeon_of_War, on Jan 28 2015 - 20:37, said:

then why have so many of the things that we hue and cry over still in the game?

for example:  fail platoons?

deforested funnel maps?

MajorRenegade #15 Posted Jan 29 2015 - 04:03

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 24814 battles
Is this cause by the recent thread about someone complaining about tech support? and he refused to remove his mods?

razzi123 #16 Posted Jan 29 2015 - 04:29

Major

• Players
  • 24415 battles
  • [-BSB-] -BSB-

View PostPigeon_of_War, on Jan 28 2015 - 21:24, said:

Kidding kidding.

Might as well be, If there is an answer that you cant get answered here, odds are its in the depths of FTR...

(And yes its the first page i pull up when i wake up)

Edited by razzi123, Jan 29 2015 - 04:31.

xMADDMANNx #17 Posted Jan 29 2015 - 04:35

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 5539 battles

@WG----->What you should tell people is look in the res_mods folder and make a visual inspection to see if any files are there.

That awesomium file that WG put there (I forget what it was some add on that I never used and removed)

may go un-noticed to vanilla users who know they never installed a 3rd party mod from any other place.

Don't just say remove your mods in your auto reply email tell them clean out res_mods point blank.

Edited by xMADDMANNx, Jan 29 2015 - 04:37.

Slayer_Jesse #18 Posted Jan 29 2015 - 11:15

Major

• Players
  • 25692 battles
  • [SAKU] SAKU

If you use some of the less well made modpacks, they can overwrite game files. In some cases it doesn't hurt to do a fresh client install.

Particularly if you used an audio mod.

Driftin #19 Posted Jan 29 2015 - 11:41

Major

• Players
  • 25664 battles

View PostPigeon_of_War, on Jan 28 2015 - 21:24, said:

Kidding kidding.

What is awesomium? I was having an issue where I couldn't see my any text in the info bar across the top of the garage. No gold, credit, or xp amounts, no name, etc. The only thing showing was the battle button. Figuring there was a mod conflict, I just deleted everything in the Res_mods/9.5 folder. Had no idea that awesomium was from you guys since it was in the res_mods folder. What exactly is it? And how do I get it back??

WanderingGhost #20 Posted Jan 29 2015 - 15:01

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15022 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Yeah, noticed that too driftin after the update for the 8-bit tanks. For a little bit my credits and free xp came back up but vanished again, figured it's a conflict as well but hey, I'd rather have my dual layer garage since I can click to find out.

View PostAmberpaw, on Jan 28 2015 - 21:34, said:

As someone that occasionally plays arty, and only recently started using it more due to the personal missions and installed battle assistant to see what the fuss was about, it's actually EASIER for me to hit moving targets in the standard overhead view if they are moving then the view you get with BA. I find myself using it more to check if an ally is potentially in the flight path due to angles then anything else. Yeah, it gives you a better idea if the tank has a bit hanging out of cover but I made some of the same shots with standard view because the green line extended to where the tank was behind the rock or whatever. Also, Arty good at hitting on the move? Please tell me what magic ones do this cause Mine has missed consecutive shots on stationary togs, let alone moving targets, particularly ones zig zagging at high speed unless they are right in front of me and RNG is on my side for a change.

Also tagged with tech support, mods, tickets, support

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users