READ BEFORE YOU SEND IN A TECH SUPPORT TICKET!

tech support mods tickets support

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

KaiserSchnitzel #21 Posted Jan 29 2015 - 16:21

Captain

• Players
  • 9992 battles
  • [PANSY] PANSY

Hello Wargaming Technical Support, 

Posting this information here is all well and good, but you need to post it in your troubleshooter: https://na.wargaming.net/support/Troubleshooter/List , your Submit a Ticket page https://na.wargaming.net/support/Tickets/Submit , and any pages in your FAQ, such as https://na.wargaming.net/support/Knowledgebase/Article/View/175/22/how-do-i-submit-a-ticket , that purportedly describe precisely what is needed to submit a ticket. 

Reasons: 

1. You take two days to respond to a ticket. 

2. When you respond the first time, before you even do anything else, you ask if the submitter has complied with certain listed requirements despite what the submitter has provided to you in the ticket.

3. You take another two days to respond to the response. 

4. When you do respond, you ask for more things that are not listed in any place where one would look to see what needs to be submitted with a ticket, including python logs, etc.

5. You take another two days to respond to the submitter after the python logs are sent in, and THEN you ask for a clean install. 

That's 6 days of being not able to play the game before you ask a user to uninstall their mods. That's not acceptable. 

If you're going to ask for it, and you KNOW you are going to ask for it, do it up front. Put it in the documentation. don't put it here, because nobody is going to remember to look here. They are going to look at the instructions that tell them how to submit a ticket. 

Pigeon_of_War #22 Posted Jan 29 2015 - 17:22

Assistant Producer

• Administrator
  • 9799 battles
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A

View PostKaiserSchnitzel, on Jan 29 2015 - 07:21, said:

If you're going to ask for it, and you KNOW you are going to ask for it, do it up front. Put it in the documentation. don't put it here, because nobody is going to remember to look here. They are going to look at the instructions that tell them how to submit a ticket. 

I will say that some Tech issues can take a day or two, but sometimes we need to know what the issue is before we start asking for specific things. It could be client related, it could be connection related, it could be an already identified issue on our part, it could not be a tech issue at all and someone just isn't understanding vision and spot mechanics (which happens).  I will also concede that currently the support queues are relatively high in tickets, we said as much here. The Support team is working through tickets as fast as possible, this I assure you. 

Beerstein #23 Posted Jan 29 2015 - 17:58

Major

• Players
  • 18649 battles
  • [D4NCE] D4NCE
Your support queues are so long because of things like the above posters gripes, so much time is spent not reading tickets that the support team is responding faster to tickets but is actually completing and closing them out slower. Sometimes it's better to be thorough the first time around so it doesn't come around 5 more times. If the quota is based on responses alone it would almost immediately explain part of the problem.

Strike_Witch_Tomoko #24 Posted Jan 29 2015 - 18:07

Major

• Players
  • 15574 battles

View PostPigeon_of_War, on Jan 28 2015 - 18:27, said:

Hey Tankers! 

We wanted to remind everyone that one of the things done at Support is provide Technical Support for our player having issues logging into your account. Nothing is more important to us than making sure you can enjoy our game, World of Tanks! Sometimes we might ask you for specific logs about your current computer set-up and settings. We would like to formally ask that all players please remove all of your modifications (mods) from your client before you send a Tech Support ticket. 

Believe us when we say this resolves a LOT of issues we see on a day to day basis. Mods are cool and we don't mind at all if you use them (so long as they aren't Prohibited), but they can't help us in Tech Support. We need clean (vanilla) clients to investigate and find out what the issue is, especially if the issue becomes a wide spread one and specific logs would be needed to report to our Bug Support team. 

So please, before you ask for assistance from us, for which we will be more than glad to give, remove thy mods and we can push forward! 

Thank for hearing us out! 

something that just occurred to me.  during my absence from WoT, one of the games i went to was Archeage by XLgames  (DON'T GO TO IT. THE GAME IS PRETTY BUT BAD).  

Archeage was localized by Trion, and thier customer support had something that i really appreciated. a Live chat.

Basically its a one on one chat room with a tech support in order to fix a problem i was having(and i had alot)

the down side was the queue for it was usually 6-8 hours long. but worth it for the quality of assistance i got.

Wargaming could try something like that, the queue would piss some people off, but WoT does have a large playerbase so its to be expected.  the long que would also get rid of people with problems that aren't that serious and leave you with the people who really need help.

and of coarse theres always the submit a ticket option if you don't want the que.

just an idea. 

Dukebarry #25 Posted Jan 29 2015 - 19:22

Major

• WGLNA Bronze League Player
  • 30528 battles
  • [FADES] FADES

My problem with support is that it doesn't matter what I send a ticket in for I always get the same macro'ed answer, often irrelevant to the question.

I bet if I asked how the weather in CAL was they would ask me for a replay and tell me its probably a conflict with mods.

I recently sent in a ticket about clan battles results not posting. (a problem that is still not fixed)  guess what "please send us a replay"  this is a server wide problem.

Sorry this is laughable. 

Pigeon_of_War #26 Posted Jan 29 2015 - 20:24

Assistant Producer

• Administrator
  • 9799 battles
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A

View PostDukebarry, on Jan 29 2015 - 10:22, said:

My problem with support is that it doesn't matter what I send a ticket in for I always get the same macro'ed answer, often irrelevant to the question.

I bet if I asked how the weather in CAL was they would ask me for a replay and tell me its probably a conflict with mods.

I recently sent in a ticket about clan battles results not posting. (a problem that is still not fixed)  guess what "please send us a replay"  this is a server wide problem.

Sorry this is laughable. 

Not that this is really the forum to discuss past issues with tickets (To note: please don't it's actually considered disputing WG moderator decisions), but I will personally address your issue in particular just to show that there is a method to what some would perceive as madness.. We needed a replay to send to our  Bug Support team. No proper bug checking team just takes someones word for it and they need proof this happened, and in this cause a replay would have been beneficial.  Imagine if we went to our bug support team and said "This happened" without any incidentals beyond just words. They would simply request that next time it happens, collect proof and we can move forward. By the time you ticket was gotten back to, enough evidence was submitted to identify this as an issue and now they Bug Support team is working on a fix. 

So, to dissuade some concerns, i know a lot of people think "Support doesn't care" or "they are robots" or "they never try to help". To this I say, please go back through submitted tickets and note, that if you let Support help you, you will get some sort of resolution. Granted, sometimes it's not he best, as in a known issue that will take a patch to fix, but we do take every concern with our game very seriously. 

TL;DR

We sometimes need a replay to help you. Please just give us a replay when we ask. 

Gunadie #27 Posted Jan 29 2015 - 21:20

Major

• Players
  • 37560 battles
  • [PROVE] PROVE

View PostKaiserSchnitzel, on Jan 29 2015 - 07:21, said:

Hello Wargaming Technical Support,

Posting this information here is all well and good, but you need to post it in your troubleshooter: https://na.wargaming.net/support/Troubleshooter/List , your Submit a Ticket page https://na.wargaming.net/support/Tickets/Submit , and any pages in your FAQ, such as https://na.wargaming.net/support/Knowledgebase/Article/View/175/22/how-do-i-submit-a-ticket , that purportedly describe precisely what is needed to submit a ticket.

Reasons:

1. You take two days to respond to a ticket.

2. When you respond the first time, before you even do anything else, you ask if the submitter has complied with certain listed requirements despite what the submitter has provided to you in the ticket.

3. You take another two days to respond to the response.

4. When you do respond, you ask for more things that are not listed in any place where one would look to see what needs to be submitted with a ticket, including python logs, etc.

5. You take another two days to respond to the submitter after the python logs are sent in, and THEN you ask for a clean install.

That's 6 days of being not able to play the game before you ask a user to uninstall their mods. That's not acceptable.

Maybe WG tech support should move to include a "pay to jump the Que" service for people like you that feel that is

taking to long for you !

Do you have any idea how many Tech question they may field on a daily basis??

Hypnotik #28 Posted Jan 29 2015 - 23:31

Web Developer

• Administrator
  • 16655 battles
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A

View PostDukebarry, on Jan 29 2015 - 10:22, said:

Sorry this is laughable. 

Duke, there are reasons we ask for the replay and screenshots of unmodded clients. In fact, when the CSR who got your ticket brought it to my attention to see if it was a known issue, when it was a "new" issue I asked for the CSR's to gather a few replays if the players had them.

In this case specifically, here's the reason why:

Replay - When you look at the replay file in notepad/any other text editor, you'll see certain patterns. If your client received valid end-of-battle data, you'll see a second JSON array in the early parts of the replay file. We wanted to see if this information was there to rule out one possible source of the error (incomplete data from server->client).

Unmodded Screenshot - This probably seems pretty self-explanatory, but some mods can break the interface in strange ways. Look what XVM did in 9.5 for example. We needed to be sure that it was an issue on our end rather than some modder's issue.

After we had this information, we were able to determine that the data was being sent to the client, but that the error was in the display process, which made it far easier for the devs to find the problem. Because we were able to send this information to them so quickly, the fix has already been included in the 9.6 update.

When a CSR is asking for a replay or a screenshot of some specific thing, they are doing so for a reason, not because they're a robot. If you want support to be able to help you properly, cooperate with them rather than fighting them, and don't complain when they are asking for information that might be the key to finding the source of an issue.

riyad1974 #29 Posted Jan 29 2015 - 23:38

Captain

• Players
  • 33755 battles
Gave up on support,, not going to ever bother contacting them,,,, waste of time and pretty much useless, unless it is something obvious.

KaiserWilhelmShatner #30 Posted Jan 30 2015 - 04:57

Major

• Players
  • 13823 battles
  • [GUNS1] GUNS1

View PostPigeon_of_War, on Jan 29 2015 - 11:24, said:

Not that this is really the forum to discuss past issues with tickets (To note: please don't it's actually considered disputing WG moderator decisions), 

I think that is part of the problem people are having is that we cannot discuss results, or lack of a result in his case with tickets.  

PanzerReg852 #31 Posted Jan 30 2015 - 05:39

Sergeant

• Players
  • 30403 battles

Well WG.....U folks sure have made your Game Unfun...Your Broken MM and RNG is just the tip.......Why Don't Your folks Get your head up out of your Behind...Do your Customers Right...Stop Playing dumb...<I know that is a little bit hard for u folks>too Stop that....

Have a Nice Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1stTanks #32 Posted Jan 30 2015 - 17:21

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 33884 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

View PostKev753, on Jan 30 2015 - 04:39, said:

Well WG.....U folks sure have made your Game Unfun...Your Broken MM and RNG is just the tip.......Why Don't Your folks Get your head up out of your Behind...Do your Customers Right...Stop Playing dumb...<I know that is a little bit hard for u folks>too Stop that....

Have a Nice Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please Stop putting Random capital letters In Front of words That do not need Capitalization.  It Is Annoying.....Do not Post dumb while Accusing Others of being as such...  <I'm adding these Brackets And bolding for No apparent Reason Whatsoever> You need too Stop That...

Regards...

CadaverHvyMtl #33 Posted Jan 30 2015 - 19:51

Captain

• Players
  • 11829 battles

Hm.

To the Tech Support Staff:  As one who did Live Tech Support for a local Internet Service Provider, back in the day of Dial-up modems...   A few thoughts:   Your information, attachments, and file requests should be UP FRONT.  Ask for it, UP FRONT and Repeatedly.  Make sure the Average Joe Player knows to have his/her replay on and recording.  Make sure they know what you want, and how to find it.  Make sure this information is Obvious, and Clear. (So, posting it in the Forums?  Well, does the Average Joe Player ever visit the forums?  If I were a betting man, I would bet on 'No.' )

I would suggest, when the Player opens a Ticket,  they have a Click-through page where you ask for Everything you may need, Up Front. With links on How to Find the Stuff you need, and links on what to do for the most Common Issues.  The links on what to do for the most Common Issues would cull a large percentage of your Tickets, increasing your response time.  None of this is that hard to do.

A Live Chat may be a great idea... However, Live Chats would require additional tech support staff.   And, the additional costs to have this staff. (So, WG spends $ on odd things, and does not spend it on things which seem to be needed... Due to this quirkiness, I do not presume we will see Live Chat, ever...)

Read the Ticket, First, before responding.  The "Blanket Response" you send out says,"Go away, we do not care about your problems."  This causes animosity between Support and the Player.  This animosity leads to,"You won't feel very much inclined to optionally buy things from us if you don't like our game....so...... " issue you want to prevent...  So, take the Blanket Response, and put it in the Click-Through Page.   So, the Player knows he/she/it is expected to do those things before getting support.

Just my 2 cents.

One more thing: Make sure Awesomium (spelling?) or whatever that "web browser" is, does not automatically label the User's account as having mods installed.  You guys installed it.  Not us.

Edited by CadaverHvyMtl, Jan 31 2015 - 01:54.

PanzerReg852 #34 Posted Feb 08 2015 - 19:19

Sergeant

• Players
  • 30403 battles

View Post1stTanks, on Jan 30 2015 - 16:21, said:

Please Stop putting Random capital letters In Front of words That do not need Capitalization.  It Is Annoying.....Do not Post dumb while Accusing Others of being as such...  <I'm adding these Brackets And bolding for No apparent Reason Whatsoever> You need too Stop That...

Regards...

Like I care what u think there Partner......<Have A Nice Day.......> See if I care.....

Glacis #35 Posted Feb 21 2015 - 23:03

Corporal

• Players
  • 25702 battles

View PostAmberpaw, on Jan 28 2015 - 17:57, said:

2 things

first is the awesomium folder put in mod folder by you guys?  does that count as a mod or is it overlooked?

<snip />

cause right now, **** but not battle assistant it would be the other way around.

Amberpaw, the animation in your battle results signature is amazing!  I think I sat there for five minutes watching it.  And chuckling. 

Strike_Witch_Tomoko #36 Posted Feb 21 2015 - 23:09

Major

• Players
  • 15574 battles

View PostGlacis, on Feb 21 2015 - 15:03, said:

Amberpaw, the animation in your battle results signature is amazing!  I think I sat there for five minutes watching it.  And chuckling. 

=)

sad thing is. i made it 50minutes through this video

part 2

https://www.youtube....h?v=OLuvQoF1o58

Edited by Amberpaw, Feb 21 2015 - 23:13.

RegalMasquerade #37 Posted Feb 26 2015 - 16:01

Private

• -Players-
  • 491 battles
  • [BRONY] BRONY

Are  the servers US East and US West down? I know this isn't really a problem, I am just wondering, and this was the only discussion that seemed to fit my problem.

Edited by PinkamenaDiannePie, Feb 26 2015 - 16:03.

TheMoesh #38 Posted Mar 07 2015 - 15:31

Private

• Players
  • 10959 battles
Hi, so my problem here is, somehow an option in the options screen must have gotten messed up because now my reticle, that came with the game and without me tinkering with it has vanished, my basic aim circle and reticle are still there but my loading counter on the left is gone and I've been digging through the options menu and haven't found anyway to fix it, a little help here?

Warlord__ #39 Posted Mar 08 2015 - 00:29

Private

• Players
  • 448 battles
  • [NBK] NBK
Been waiting 3 days for a response for my ticket....

Brodder #40 Posted Mar 10 2015 - 18:34

Sergeant

• Players
  • 28317 battles

Why can't Customer Support actually read submitted tickets fully before they start auto-scripting responses?

I asked for a simple file.  The Micropatch for today.  I've been playing for over a year and half and always have had to manually patch.

This after working for 3 months with your programmers- NOT your Support tech, to nail down the security problems with Launcher.exe and ACER/ASUS Mobos and OEM OS's of Windows Vista 64.

Launcher.exe just doesn't work. SOLUTION from Programmers was -  Manually patch.

This worked until WOT stopped posting manual patches.

Or further updates after patch day.

Soon complaints led to an alternate way of downloading files RSS.

GREAT.

Except that NO ONE updates these Feeds with the needed micro-patch files that come with every main patch and a few weeks later. (if not sooner).

Asking for this file to be directly drag and dropped into a ticket would be fine.

I can then load it up on my RSS FEED and tag it properly for others that rely on that system to patch their game so that they are up to date and can play.

You have failed since I started playing in supporting alternate means of patching and forced players to share the load via torrent.  If you went to Steam, at least then I'd know it worked.  But I rely on you and your website to manually patch the game.

This becomes impossible when no one bothers to update the alternate patch files to include new ones.

In 18 months this has never been done, not with the direct file links, nor later when RSS became the alternate download method.

Many many players can't use standard Launcher.exe to patch.  And it's hell to bug other players for said files each and every patch or micro-patch version change.

SO please for the love of the gaming Gods,  start keeping the RSS feed up to date in a timely manner.

OR Give customer support the ability to break scripting and read a post fully before they start asking for you to do something that has nothing to do with the problem at your end.

A simple link to the file, a drag and drop of said file into the ticket's message body, and you'd be done.  And if they can do that, why not let support put the file on RSS too? Since they don't I have put every set of micro-patches up since 8.7 & up in my torrents with WOT tags and dates etc. So that others can download it.

Since your Support is still running scripted responses can we cut out the middleman and get the files to today's micropatch linked here?  I'll put up the RSS feed right after via my own torrent and limited bandwidth.

brodder

Also tagged with tech support, mods, tickets, support

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users