Crosshair Mods

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

LordBenjamin #1 Posted Today, 10:34 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13811 battles
  • [BE] BE

I'm looking for a crosshair mod that simply takes the normal crosshair and removes the bouncing up and down from moving over terrain similar to "enable dynamic camera" only without the shaking when it fires.

I just installed Jimbo's about an hour ago and I'm not sure if I'll get used to it and don't mind vanilla only without shaking so I can shoot better on the move.

Crucis #2 Posted Today, 10:45 AM

Major

• Players
  • 26629 battles
  • [PUPEH] PUPEH

That doesn't sound particularly legal.  Your gun bounces when you're on the move because it's supposed to.  That's what vertical stabilizers are for ... to try to keep the gun on target better while moving.

The best way to keep your gun on target while on the move is to engage auto-aim.  You won't be aiming at weak spots.  OTOH, if you're trying to circle or strafe a target while on the move, you're probably trying to hit the enemy's sides or rear and your chances of penning auto-aimed shots aren't bad against soft targets.  Of course, trying to get your gun on target that first time when you're moving can be difficult.  So if you see your target before you start moving, consider engaging auto-aim at that point so that you're not tearing your hair out trying to get the reticule on target when it's bouncing all over the place when you're moving.

LordBenjamin #3 Posted Today, 10:51 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13811 battles
  • [BE] BE
Enable dynamic camera already does it and it's part of the game settings.   Jimbo's does it but completely redoes the whole crosshairs.  It's perfectly legal.  Doesn't make the shot's more accurate, just doesn't wiggle where the mouse is pointed.

RedAlert2010 #4 Posted Today, 11:07 AM

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 13914 battles
  • [IOC] IOC
Aslains mod-pack has a few mods in it which does similar, you can take a look at it.

ekawalaski #5 Posted Today, 12:09 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 34571 battles
You could try from several mod packs out there. Aslian, OldSkool, OMC, are some of them. Jimbo's is pretty good. Though, you could try others like Melty's for a change and test which you like best.

Hygoku #6 Posted Today, 02:44 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 9400 battles
  • [TALON] TALON
It is perfectly legal, WG is planning on adding a "vertical stabilization" option that doesn't require the Dynamic Effects. Don't know the eta.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users