Engine fire and gas tank damage

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

Ghost_Rydier #1 Posted Jun 07 2011 - 01:15

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 6903 battles
Can someone explain how my KV-3 can poke its nose around a corner and take a hit that hits my fuel tanks and puts the engine on fire when there was barly the first track wheel showing to the opposing tank. Did someone bolt the engine and fuel tank to the front track wheel???????????????????????? Please put them BACK WHERE THEY BELONG!!!!!!

Rufius #2 Posted Jun 07 2011 - 01:23

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 22530 battles
same goes with the frontal shot that takes out your engine.... when it's in the back and no other damage is done..... it can be annoying

Sadukar09 #3 Posted Jun 07 2011 - 01:23

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 19836 battles
A lot of Soviet tanks have external fuel tanks, destroying them immediately causes a fire. Fires also results when your engine takes a certain amount of damage.

Rhaumar #4 Posted Jun 07 2011 - 01:36

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 7219 battles
  • [VGASR] VGASR
Some tanks have a transmission up front with drive wheels....that counts as engine according to the Devs.  I cannot explain the KV-3, though.  Lucky shot?

Pugg666 #5 Posted Jun 07 2011 - 01:38

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 12207 battles
it's something the devs broke with one of the patches. I reaquired a KV-3 a few days ago and it's getting set on fire/engine damaged from the front at an alarming rate, almost as if it's transmission is in the front.

Last time I drove one was around November, and in 150 odd battle I don't remember getting set on fire more than a few times, and not once from the front.

mikel1967 #6 Posted Jun 07 2011 - 03:28

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 24235 battles
well,i disagree,all of my german tanks repeatedly catch fire or ammo storage is hit and loader is done,i have yet killed any allied tank from a fire,except 1 IS,so i believe the german tanks are carrying the US tanks handicapp involving fire and ammo storage,as the US was still learning about tanks and so their tanks werent (properly)setup untill after the war,so,please remove the following allied handicapps from german tanks,gun knocked out=didnt happen,fire!=rare,88 mm guns having to shoot 4-6 times at mediocre targets,german tanks being penetrated at will from the front by any allied tank,this obviously is a bug,thankyou,i will continue to (test)your game,but,you have to start meeting us in the middle here too eh?thanks again

Ghost_Rydier #7 Posted Jun 07 2011 - 17:20

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 6903 battles
Sorry for the shortness of my op, but after burning to the ground 3 matches in a row on the first hit (all in the front), I was very upset. Then when a few matches later i burn again on the first shot with only a few cm of my front showing, I had my fill. The KV-3 is burning and suffering engine damage at an alarming rate. Can the Dev's let us know if this is by design or if a fix is comming?

Thank You

Ghost Rydier

AngryH #8 Posted Jun 08 2011 - 02:45

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6785 battles
Yup.  KVs in general dropped off my threat radar entirely many, many tiers ago.  They are just super easy to front crit.  Even in my lower tier mediums the sight of a KV turning the corner towards me fills me with glee.

AlphaBetaGamma #9 Posted Jun 14 2011 - 16:06

Corporal

• Players
  • 11227 battles
Man, I agree that the germans must be poor designers from my experience in WoTs. My engines keep getting shot across different German tanks that I'm beginning to suspect that whatever they have told me in the past about the great German tanks are flasehood. And I was led to believe that the allies feared the Tiger and Panther!

Speaking of having fuel tanks relocation I also like the dev to put my PanzerIV fuel tanks back to the back. Just came out of Himmelsdorf after having my fuel tank shot at even though I couldn't see his gun. He was hidden behind the large rail building at the northern end of the raillines, pointing to the left of the map. I was pointing north, my right side partly hidden by a train with rounded fuel tanks. I could only see the front of the right side of his VK3601, not his turret or gun. Yet he scored a hit on my fuel tank! How did that happen unless the Germans put did the fuel tanks right in the front of the PanzerIV? Or they can actually shoot through solid objects like brick walls! Annoyed that I have spent so much money in one month for this game. Fix it please.

DarthBoBo #10 Posted Jun 14 2011 - 18:07

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 9731 battles
  • [-SAW-] -SAW-
Well I have just been in my KV and my KV3 both of which have caught fire on more than one occasion and its always the first shot. It does not appear to matter where from. MAybe I am unlucky but it is far more frequent since the last patch.

Just got flamed twice in one battle.... So much for an extinguiser. Oh and yes only got hit twice.  :huh:

DB

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users