Group Stage Standings

Basic Tournament Information for Skirmish 7

Please see tournament page for all information

• Team Size: 5 combatants + 3 reserves
  • Map: Mittengard
  • Mode:  Standard
  • Tier Point Limit: 38 points
  • Tier Limits:
    • This represents the max tier allowed. Teams are allowed to bring lower tiers. 
    • Light: N/A
    • Medium: N/A
    • Heavy: Tier 8
    • TD: N/A
    • SPG: N/A
  • Special Restriction:
    • No more than 2 of each tank model allowed (e.g. AMX 50 100, T29, Tiger II, etc.)

Edited by dance210, Feb 17 2015 - 18:14.

TrOplcThUnDeR #2 Posted Feb 09 2015 - 22:53

Major

• Players
  • 14397 battles
Can you please take the maps that no one plays on, no one cares about, no one has any experience on, and that are specifically designed to be played on far lower tiers than this because of the fact that they will not work at higher tiers out of your Skirmishes? FFS. There are probably heavies when with binocs auto spot the entire enemy team. Another horrid Skirmish idea trying to promote maps/tanks (arty skirmish) no one gives a damn about.

dance210 #3 Posted Feb 09 2015 - 23:09

Major

• Players
  • 24364 battles
  • [D4NCE] D4NCE

View PostTrOplcThUnDeR, on Feb 09 2015 - 13:53, said:

Can you please take the maps that no one plays on, no one cares about, no one has any experience on, and that are specifically designed to be played on far lower tiers than this because of the fact that they will not work at higher tiers out of your Skirmishes? FFS. There are probably heavies when with binocs auto spot the entire enemy team. Another horrid Skirmish idea trying to promote maps/tanks (arty skirmish) no one gives a damn about.

Not to disagree, but this is another format that was a player-suggestion and when I tested it at tier 8 seemed enjoyable for a tournament. And, to be fair, Mittengard played at Tier 10 during the last CW Mode Exhibition was a big hit from the guys that played it.

I'm sorry that you dislike this format. Of course, you are always welcome to not participate in any format that you disagree with. I would go so far as to say if you have suggestions on what you would like to see, that you mention it here.

Thank you for your feedback :)

CallMeBoog #4 Posted Feb 09 2015 - 23:15

Major

• Players
  • 18257 battles
Well this is an.... Interesting... Setup.

TrOplcThUnDeR #5 Posted Feb 09 2015 - 23:18

Major

• Players
  • 14397 battles

View Postdance210, on Feb 09 2015 - 22:09, said:

Not to disagree, but this is another format that was a player-suggestion and when I tested it at tier 8 seemed enjoyable for a tournament. And, to be fair, Mittengard played at Tier 10 during the last CW Mode Exhibition was a big hit from the guys that played it.

I'm sorry that you dislike this format. Of course, you are always welcome to not participate in any format that you disagree with. I would go so far as to say if you have suggestions on what you would like to see, that you mention it here.

Thank you for your feedback :)

Of course i'm going to participate. I participated in the artillery one and that was by far the most idiotic idea ever (and 95% of the community felt the same way) I can guarantee you that almost any half decent team did not enjoy that format. It was so much luck and RNG that it was pathetic. That tournament shows just because something is suggested/tested doesn't mean it won't be horrible. Why would I not participate in something just because I don't agree if I can make 10k gold? 

I still don't agree with having these maps that are designed to not be played at higher tiers. There is a reason they are designed to be kept at low tiers. Just because others might like it doesn't mean I will.

Edited by TrOplcThUnDeR, Feb 09 2015 - 23:21.

MAI_WAIFUTRAGER_E_100 #6 Posted Feb 09 2015 - 23:47

Major

• Players
  • 25385 battles
  • [NEET] NEET
Skirmishes are meant to be fun quirky setups. If you want tried and true nitty gritty competition play WGLNA.

Exo_common_move #7 Posted Feb 09 2015 - 23:54

Staff sergeant

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 14531 battles
  • [BROYZ] BROYZ
Watched the rel 3 vs foxey... The map looks fun, no stupid cap fast strats, no camping without it being seen.. I actually like this setup, though meds and/or light tanks could be useful.

CallMeBoog #8 Posted Feb 09 2015 - 23:56

Major

• Players
  • 18257 battles

View PostTrOplcThUnDeR, on Feb 09 2015 - 13:18, said:

Of course i'm going to participate. I participated in the artillery one and that was by far the most idiotic idea ever (and 95% of the community felt the same way) I can guarantee you that almost any half decent team did not enjoy that format. It was so much luck and RNG that it was pathetic. That tournament shows just because something is suggested/tested doesn't mean it won't be horrible. Why would I not participate in something just because I don't agree if I can make 10k gold? 

I still don't agree with having these maps that are designed to not be played at higher tiers. There is a reason they are designed to be kept at low tiers. Just because others might like it doesn't mean I will.

Bear in mind you do not HAVE to play....  Some people like these setups, some don't, and congrats if you like them, if you don't then consider laying off.

IAmA_Tank_AMA #9 Posted Feb 10 2015 - 04:54

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17702 battles

I like turtles

also I need a team

Edited by IAmA_Tank_AMA, Feb 10 2015 - 04:55.

Jerinos #10 Posted Feb 10 2015 - 07:46

Corporal

• Players
  • 12526 battles
Why does it say MittenBERG instead of GARD on the tournament page? Mistake?

SlotRacer #11 Posted Feb 10 2015 - 19:46

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 60602 battles
  • [RDDT6] RDDT6

View PostTrOplcThUnDeR, on Feb 09 2015 - 16:53, said:

Incoming neg ....

Honza64 #12 Posted Feb 10 2015 - 20:55

Private

• Players
  • 31020 battles
  • [PZABT] PZABT

I notice you have changed the seeding process from what was used

for Skirmish V.  It was ambiguous in the instructions, but it looked like

you used the seeds from the bottom half of the Group stage to create

the left hand side of the seedings for the Bravo Tournament, and used

the weekend Bravo registrants randomly to fill in the right side.

I thought this was fair (as there's no way to seed the new entries 

against the Group bottom half).  In our team's case we lost out

to the team that won the bracket, which was just luck of the draw.

I like better the system of using seedings from the Group stage to

set up the Bravo weekend tournament, and keeping the weekend

only people in brackets by themselves.  The Group stage players

invested effort and they should see the benefit of that effort.

The problem with the new seeding is that when you have people

playing against 'similar' teams, you give an incentive for teams

to play poorly in the opening rounds so that they will be playing

weak teams in the final round when the gold can be won.  (This

doesn't apply to the best teams that can get into the Alpha

tournament, but it does apply to teams that will be below the

bubble, but above the bottom ranks.)

I think the Alpha bracket and the weekend only Bravo bracketing

is just fine, but I think you should use the Group stage seeds to

form the Group loser bracket.  It's true that you could have people

trying to lose to avoid the bottom of the Alpha to get into the top

of the Bravo, but in so doing they forfeit the guarantee of 750 Au,

to have a chance to win the lesser tournament (they have to win

two rounds to get the same 750 Au).

Honza64

iraqiwildman #13 Posted Feb 10 2015 - 23:41

Captain

• Players
  • 42408 battles
  • [MO-JO] MO-JO

Teams will spot each other immediately.

This is going to be a crazy, fast engagement fight.

Sounds like fun.

Extraordinaire #14 Posted Feb 11 2015 - 22:47

Captain

• Players
  • 30937 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostTrOplcThUnDeR, on Feb 09 2015 - 23:18, said:

Why complain? You are enjoying a game that has been created for you. You are partaking in a part of the game that was also made just for you to have fun. You will play it as you have stated, but you complain. 

Please stop the whining. Just don't play if it hurts you so much.

Thank You, Wargaming, many of us do appreciate it. :)

Guest_ICKI_Manolo17_* #15 Posted Feb 12 2015 - 02:10

What day does the bravo part of the tournament start?? I only see bravo playoffs in the schedule

BrokenLoyalty #16 Posted Feb 12 2015 - 04:37

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18392 battles
  • [ROXY] ROXY

View PostICKI_Manolo17, on Feb 11 2015 - 20:10, said:

What day does the bravo part of the tournament start?? I only see bravo playoffs in the schedule

Bravo starts on fridays. It doesn't have a group stage like alpha becuase its the weekend playoff stage only.

Edited by BrokenLoyalty, Feb 12 2015 - 04:37.

K_TO_THE_T #17 Posted Feb 12 2015 - 07:52

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18202 battles
  • [BULBA] BULBA
This skirmish is great, any tank i pick for it has 3 marks, thus i can successfully intimidate the opposition.

CreepyVanDude #18 Posted Feb 13 2015 - 00:35

Private

• Players
  • 13235 battles
  • [DAMD] DAMD

ill just be happy when WG actually does something proactive about all the pro teams running illegal mods...i mean come on. No way these guys can take out modules or crew with every shot.

but we know you wont do anything due to the fact it makes WG money.

ill partake in the tourney again this week only because i enjoy running with the clan. But WG plz do something before you make the game/tournaments no longer fun.

MAI_WAIFUTRAGER_E_100 #19 Posted Feb 13 2015 - 08:38

Major

• Players
  • 25385 battles
  • [NEET] NEET

View PostCreepyVanDude, on Feb 12 2015 - 15:35, said:

ill just be happy when WG actually does something proactive about all the pro teams running illegal mods...i mean come on. No way these guys can take out modules or crew with every shot.

but we know you wont do anything due to the fact it makes WG money.

ill partake in the tourney again this week only because i enjoy running with the clan. But WG plz do something before you make the game/tournaments no longer fun.

Please stop

Rockinatank #20 Posted Feb 15 2015 - 05:05

Private

• Players
  • 839 battles
  • [-EV-] -EV-

Once a team is registered can the person that registered it unregister to allow additional players to goin for tourney?

Also tagged with Skirmish 7

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users