The E50 : Overview and Guide

E50 guide

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

the_bolshevik #1 Posted Feb 11 2015 - 17:58

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20461 battles

Hi folks, been a while since I posted here. My last tank review was written a few patches ago for the KV-2 (it can still be found here). I've recently acquired an E50 and fell in love with it, so I was compelled to write a little guide for it to hopefully help out my fellow tankers.

The Grind

A word of warning if you're thinking about getting this tank but haven't started the line yet : brace yourselves, the Panthers are pretty bad. But the E50 is nothing short of a top performer, so it's well worth it. It took me roughly six months to grind through both Panthers by doing daily doubles almost exclusively, because I couldn't stomach the thought of power-grinding those tanks. I know there are some better players out there that have managed to do well with the Panthers... I tip my hat off to you, gents. I think these tanks can be good, but they are an acquired taste at best, boasting a play style that is radically different from the typical medium tank.

The Panther suffers from puny alpha, and the L100 gun made me very sad. After failing with it for a while I decided to play it with the short 88 and APCR spam, and just play it like a more conventional peek-a-boo medium. With the stock Panther II, I continued to roll with that same gun until I unlocked the long 88. That long gun is acceptable and actually makes the Panther II decent. It at least has alpha damage on par with it's peers. It also has a bit better armor than it's predecessor, and while it's nothing like the E50, it will produce some mercy bounces every now and then.

As for the E50's stock grind, well I can't comment much because I free XP'd everything but the engine.

So without further ado, let's proceed to the actual E50 guide.

Stronk Protection

+ Hull armor

+ Sidescrape potential

– Turret armor

Overall the tank carries some very bouncy armor, but also has a few glaring weaknesses. The biggest weak points are the flat of the turret front, the commander’s cupola and the lower front plate. At 150mm thick, the upper front plate is very strong and boasts ~300 Effective Armor (EA) without any angling. This means that with a bit of an angle it can bounce 330 pen HEAT with impunity. Care must be taken against enemies on higher ground, as their elevation can quickly negate the sloping of that 150mm plate and make it much easier to pen.

The lower plate is thinner at only 100mm, which only gives it ~175mm EA straight on. With 25 degrees of angle, which is about as broad as you can go without making your side too easy to pen,  it increases to ~192mm EA. This is still not enough to stop many tier VII guns if they decide to sling gold, so take care to hide that LFP at every opportunity.

The flat face of the turret is 185mm at a slight angle, resulting in ~197 EA. The turret sides, which are visible from the front but very angled, are autobounce. The mantlet is also an autobounce for all but the strongest guns in the game. So the weak area, while arguably swiss cheese against most guns, also exists in close proximity to those very bouncy areas. This means that it is possible to bait opponents into aiming at the weak turret face and throw their shot into the autobounce area by randomly rocking the tank.

With 80mm thickness, the sides are strong enough to sidescrape without fear of an overmatch. Against tier 10 guns it is still possible but things get a bit dicey, and one degree of over-angle will give a free pen to the enemy so much greater care must be taken. It’s not nearly as straightforward as sidescraping with an E75. While the armor layout is the same, the sides are 40mm thinner so the range of angles at which an autobounce can be created against the penetration check of high caliber tier 10 rounds is much tighter than for an E75 in a similar position. However, the same principles apply, and so an E50 can basically use all of the positions that an E75 can, in much the same way. The main problem is that your turret will be penned reliably by any pre-aimed tier 9 or 10 gun, so care must be taken to first bait a bounce into the sides before exposing the turret to take your own shot.

Comfortable Blappage

+ Alpha

+ Gun handling

+/- DPM

– Reload

The 105mm is an amazing gun to work with. After the pew-pew levels of alpha damage from the previous tiers, this is possibly the most welcome change. Everything about it is good. The reload is kind of slow but dpm is fine for a tier IX medium, essentially on-par with the T-54. Where it really shines though is with it’s exceptional handling characteristics, at 0.3 dispersion and 2.1s aim time with high shell velocity across all ammo types, it really feels like a gun that came right off a tier X medium with a bit of a dpm nerf. Add 390 alpha damage and you get a gun that is exceptionnally good for it’s tier. The accuracy is so good that it can sometimes be tempting to snipe all game... Don’t do this though! The E50 has the armor and hit points to be a strong frontliner.

The reload speed comes in at 7.9 with Vents + BIA. While this isn’t exactly great for a medium, allowing other meds to reliably exchange two shots for one against an E50, it’s also quicker than most heavies. Because the E50 is a bit of a pseudo-heavy with amazing gun handling, this characteristic is particularly useful. Not only can the E50 exchange 2:1 against most heavies, it also has the gun handling to snapshot favorably against them and avoid the return fire altogether.

Dispersion on the move is good too, making it possible to run & gun fairly effectively. Gun depression is limited to -6 degrees over the front plate, but increases to -8 over the sides. These depression values are identical to those found on the E75 and I personally find them to be rather comfortable. Because there’s more on the side, you’ll want to get used to cresting hills sideways to take advantage of that -8. This sometimes exposes a bit of side armor, but it is better than exposing the entire front profile of the tank to peek a shot over a hill.

Piggly Agility

– HP/ton

– Traverse

– Turret traverse

Slow traverse and acceleration are perhaps the tank’s biggest weaknesses. This is particularly true when grinding for the top engine, where it will basically feel like a slightly faster heavy. The turret traverse is surprisingly slow for a medium tank, and becomes a limitation at knife range when fighting the more agile RU mediums which can potentially out-traverse the E50 momentarily.  This requires more careful planning before going into an engagement, and you’ll sometimes want to pre-rotate the turret into an appropriate position to avoid having to wait for it to rotate under fire. Hill climbing is also on the low end of the performance spectrum for a medium tank, but overall this sluggish mobility is an acceptable tradeoff for the armor and gun that the tank carries.

Coming in at 63 tons, the E50 is heavier than even some of the heavies it will face in battle. This opens a lot of of opportunities for ramming. Basically every other medium tank excluding other E50’s can be safely rammed for massive damage. Ideally against high tier meds you’ll want to come in from an unexpected direction and surprise them with a shot + ram combo. And most light tanks can be one-shot by a full speed ram. In a pinch, most tier VIII and lower heavies can be rammed for a finishing blow if they’re on less than ~250hp (though you will take about as much damage as you inflict). However, I don’t recommend ramming as a “bread & butter” tactic for the tank, because it typically exposes you to fire from other enemies. Good rams are nice but opportunities to land them without putting your tank at great risk are few and far between.

Equipment, Crew skills, Consumables

I would recommend something like this on a 3-skill crew :

For a lower (<2) skilled crew, skip BIA and get that second column first. Then once ~2.5 skills are reached, you can retrain for BIA with a credit drop and just end up with your 3rd skills a bit lower. Preventive maintenance is there in order to drop the extinguisher in favor of food, though that’s not mandatory. In fact you'll note I'm not using any right now, as my stockpile has run out and I don't think it's really worth the full 20k price. I think that the gun handling skills are really important on a medium tank. You may choose doing repair or camo first at your discretion. My preference is to do repairs first because my aggressive style gets me tracked a lot, but a more cautious sniper type of player might prefer getting camo first. The E50 doesn’t have spectacular camo, but it still gets medium tank camo allowing it to retain 50% of it’s value when moving. This, IMO, makes it worth getting camo as a 4th or 5th skill even on mediums that don’t have particularly good camo. Being mostly a brawler though, the E50 probably benefits more from repairs.

In terms of equipment, I’m currently playing with Vstab / Rammer / Vents. Vents can be swapped out for Optics for a greater ability to win vision games, but in the current brawly meta I think vision is secondary to squeezing the best reload out of that gun. The tank’s exceptional gun handling is further enhanced by food, vents, and BIA, and even without food it’s extremely accurate and generally a pleasure to use. If you can afford it (ie, stockpile some when it’s on sale) I would of course recommend food as it improves the already amazing gun even further.

Suggested Use

With it’s combination of high armor and alpha, the tank is a huge bully to other medium tanks, but also to lower tier tanks in general. Most tier VII and VIII heavies will be intimidated by the E50’s front armor and outgunned by it’s superior alpha and gun handling. The way I play this tank is to constantly harass the enemy from advantageous peek-a-boo or sidescrape positions. The exceptional gun handling makes it fairly easy to almost always get the first shot off, and the armor makes it possible to bounce a lot of return fire. Getting up close against equal or higher tier heavies is not recommended though, because they will pen you relatively easily as the closer range negates the gun handling advantage the E50 can abuse at mid ranges. However getting into knife fight range is sometimes necessary, and as long as there are friendlies to take some of the hits, an E50 adds valuable brawn to a push. If little or no heavies are available, the E50 can fill the gap and pretend to be one fairly effectively.

The -8 degrees of depression often allow it to outright avoid return fire when fighting from hilly cover. However, caution must be exercised when going hull down as the turret is a major vulnerability. So when peeking from hull down it’s important to rock the tank a lot, quickly peek in and out and squeeze the shots off without fully aiming to minimize exposure. The E50 can’t sustain much fire when hull down as a T-62A would, so it must use the hull down to minimize exposure and not try to abuse turret armor. The tank really favors a style of attritioning the enemy one shot at a time while minimizing damage input, making it shine as a mid range skirmisher and brawler.

Overall the E50 is an extremely consistent and flexible tank. It’s fast enough to flank slower tanks, and it’s not so slow that other mediums can run rings around it. In fact it’s a huge bully to other medium tanks because of it’s combination of sheer weight, armor and alpha.

The tank is not at a significant disadvantage in tier X battles either. Care must be taken when going up against high alpha TD’s and Waffles, but this is true for virtually any tier IX in a tier X matchup. As always, make sure to pour some hot HE shells into Waffle turrets whenever you get the chance.

A few replays

Northwest : http://wotreplays.com/site/1612428

Radley Walter's on Kharkov : http://wotreplays.com/site/1612439

Platooned carry on Cliff : http://wotreplays.com/site/1612446

Typical "sniper in the center" on Prok : http://wotreplays.com/site/1612447

E50 is love, E50 is life

Edited by the_bolshevik, Feb 12 2015 - 03:07.

spitfiresim #2 Posted Feb 11 2015 - 18:05

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13636 battles
  • [WWIIT] WWIIT

Thanks much!!!  I'll finish reading later today :P

Also I didn't realise the Panthers were unpopular tanks, they are up there in my three most favorite tanks ever! (VK 30.02M, Panther I, Panther II)

They hold positions 11 &12 on my best WN8 tanks @ 1700 avg :: WOTINFO - Vehicle overview 

Edited by spitfiresim, Feb 11 2015 - 18:18.

Ecksdeee #3 Posted Feb 11 2015 - 18:06

Major

• Players
  • 18637 battles
  • [I404I] I404I
The panthers are far from bad. They're just not nub friendly.

blackzaru #4 Posted Feb 11 2015 - 18:08

Major

• Players
  • 20603 battles
E50 is love, E50 is life.

TheGhostCat #5 Posted Feb 11 2015 - 18:40

Major

• Players
  • 20380 battles
  • [LAMDA] LAMDA

I'm really considering this as my next tier 9 med. Love how the Cent 7/1 plays, but I want something with a bit more weight behind it.

I plan on grinding out the tiger 2 at about the same time as this guy, currently on the panther 2.

LordSerb #6 Posted Feb 11 2015 - 18:43

Major

• Players
  • 12762 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

View Postthe_bolshevik, on Feb 11 2015 - 11:58, said:

Hi folks, been a while since I posted here. My last tank review was written a few patches ago for the KV-2 (it can still be found here). I've recently acquired an E50 and fell in love with it, so I was compelled to write a little guide for it to hopefully help out my fellow tankers.

The Grind

A word of warning if you're thinking about getting this tank but haven't started the line yet : brace yourselves, the Panthers are pretty bad. But the E50 is nothing short of a top performer, so it's well worth it. It took me roughly six months to grind through both Panthers by doing daily doubles almost exclusively, because I couldn't stomach the thought of power-grinding those tanks. I know there are some better players out there that have managed to do well with the Panthers... I tip my hat off to you, gents. I think these tanks can be good, but they are an acquired taste at best, boasting a play style that is radically different from the typical medium tank.

The Panther suffers from puny alpha, and the L100 gun made me very sad. After failing with it for a while I decided to play it with the short 88 and APCR spam, and just play it like a more conventional peek-a-boo medium. With the stock Panther II, I continued to roll with that same gun until I unlocked the long 88. That long gun is acceptable and actually makes the Panther II decent. It at least has alpha damage on par with it's peers. It also has a bit better armor than it's predecessor, and while it's nothing like the E50, it will produce some mercy bounces every now and then.

As for the E50's stock grind, well I can't comment much because I free XP'd everything but the engine.

So without further ado, let's proceed to the actual E50 guide.

Stronk Protection

+ Hull armor

+ Sidescrape potential

– Turret armor

Overall the tank carries some very bouncy armor, but also has a few glaring weaknesses. The biggest weak points are the flat of the turret front, the commander’s cupola and the lower front plate. At 150mm thick, the upper front plate is very strong and boasts ~300 Effective Armor (EA) without any angling. This means that with a bit of an angle it can bounce 330 pen HEAT with impunity. Care must be taken against enemies on higher ground, as their elevation can quickly negate the sloping of that 150mm plate and make it much easier to pen.

The lower plate is thinner at only 100mm, which only gives it ~175mm EA straight on. With 25 degrees of angle, which is about as broad as you can go without making your side too easy to pen,  it increases to ~192mm EA. This is still not enough to stop many tier VII guns if they decide to sling gold, so take care to hide that LFP at every opportunity.

The flat face of the turret is 185mm at a slight angle, resulting in ~197 EA. The turret sides, which are visible from the front but very angled, are autobounce. The mantlet is also an autobounce for all but the strongest guns in the game. So the weak area, while arguably swiss cheese against most guns, also exists in close proximity to those very bouncy areas. This means that it is possible to bait opponents into aiming at the weak turret face and throw their shot into the autobounce area by randomly rocking the tank.

With 80mm thickness, the sides are strong enough to sidescrape without fear of an overmatch. Against tier 10 guns it is still possible but things get a bit dicey, and one degree of over-angle will give a free pen to the enemy so much greater care must be taken. It’s not nearly as straightforward as sidescraping with an E75. While the armor layout is the same, the sides are 40mm thinner so the range of angles at which an autobounce can be created against the penetration check of high caliber tier 10 rounds is much tighter than for an E75 in a similar position. However, the same principles apply, and so an E50 can basically use all of the positions that an E75 can, in much the same way. The main problem is that your turret will be penned reliably by any pre-aimed tier 9 or 10 gun, so care must be taken to first bait a bounce into the sides before exposing the turret to take your own shot.

Comfortable Blappage

+ Alpha

+ Gun handling

+/- DPM

– Reload

The 105mm is an amazing gun to work with. After the pew-pew levels of alpha damage from the previous tiers, this is possibly the most welcome change. Everything about it is good. The reload is kind of slow but dpm is fine for a tier IX medium, essentially on-par with the T-54. Where it really shines though is with it’s exceptional handling characteristics, at 0.3 dispersion and 2.1s aim time with high shell velocity across all ammo types, it really feels like a gun that came right off a tier X medium with a bit of a dpm nerf. Add 390 alpha damage and you get a gun that is exceptionnally good for it’s tier. The accuracy is so good that it can sometimes be tempting to snipe all game... Don’t do this though! The E50 has the armor and hit points to be a strong frontliner.

The reload speed comes in at 7.9 with Vents + BIA. While this isn’t exactly great for a medium, allowing other meds to reliably exchange two shots for one against an E50, it’s also slower than most heavies. Because the E50 is a bit of a pseudo-heavy with amazing gun handling, this characteristic is particularly useful. Not only can the E50 exchange 2:1 against most heavies, it also has the gun handling to snapshot favorably against them and avoid the return fire altogether.

Dispersion on the move is good too, making it possible to run & gun fairly effectively. Gun depression is limited to -6 degrees over the front plate, but increases to -8 over the sides. These depression values are identical to those found on the E75 and I personally find them to be rather comfortable. Because there’s more on the side, you’ll want to get used to cresting hills sideways to take advantage of that -8. This sometimes exposes a bit of side armor, but it is better than exposing the entire front profile of the tank to peek a shot over a hill.

Piggly Agility

– HP/ton

– Traverse

– Turret traverse

Slow traverse and acceleration are perhaps the tank’s biggest weaknesses. This is particularly true when grinding for the top engine, where it will basically feel like a slightly faster heavy. The turret traverse is surprisingly slow for a medium tank, and becomes a limitation at knife range when fighting the more agile RU mediums which can potentially out-traverse the E50 momentarily.  This requires more careful planning before going into an engagement, and you’ll sometimes want to pre-rotate the turret into an appropriate position to avoid having to wait for it to rotate under fire. Hill climbing is also on the low end of the performance spectrum for a medium tank, but overall this sluggish mobility is an acceptable tradeoff for the armor and gun that the tank carries.

Coming in at 63 tons, the E50 is heavier than even some of the heavies it will face in battle. This opens a lot of of opportunities for ramming. Basically every other medium tank excluding other E50’s can be safely rammed for massive damage. Ideally against high tier meds you’ll want to come in from an unexpected direction and surprise them with a shot + ram combo. And most light tanks can be one-shot by a full speed ram. In a pinch, most tier VIII and lower heavies can be rammed for a finishing blow if they’re on less than ~250hp (though you will take about as much damage as you inflict). However, I don’t recommend ramming as a “bread & butter” tactic for the tank, because it typically exposes you to fire from other enemies. Good rams are nice but opportunities to land them without putting your tank at great risk are few and far between.

Equipment, Crew skills, Consumables

I would recommend something like this on a 4-skill crew :

BIA / 6th sense / Repair / Camo

BIA / Snap Shot / Repair / Camo

BIA / Preventive Maintenance / Smooth Ride / Repair

BIA / Situational Awareness / Repair / Camo

For a lower (<2) skilled crew, skip BIA and get that second column first. Then once ~3.5 skills are reached, you can retrain for BIA with a credit drop and just end up with your 3rd skills a bit lower. Preventive maintenance is there in order to drop the extinguisher in favor of food, though that’s not mandatory. I think that the gun handling skills are basically mandatory on a medium tank. You may choose doing repair or camo first at your discretion. My preference is to do repairs first because my aggressive style gets me tracked a lot, but a more cautious sniper type of player might prefer getting camo first. The E50 doesn’t have spectacular camo, but it still gets medium tank camo allowing it to retain 50% of it’s value when moving. This, IMO, makes it worth getting camo as a 4th or 5th skill even on mediums that don’t have particularly good camo. Being mostly a brawler though, the E50 probably benefits more from repairs.

In terms of equipment, I’m currently playing with Vstab / Rammer / Vents. Vents can be swapped out for Optics for a greater ability to win vision games, but in the current brawly meta I think vision is secondary to squeezing the best reload out of that gun. The tank’s exceptional gun handling is further enhanced by food, vents, and BIA, and even without food it’s extremely accurate and generally a pleasure to use. If you can afford it (ie, stockpile some when it’s on sale) I would of course recommend food as it improves the already amazing gun even further.

Suggested Use

With it’s combination of high armor and alpha, the tank is a huge bully to other medium tanks, but also to lower tier tanks in general. Most tier VII and VIII heavies will be intimidated by the E50’s front armor and outgunned by it’s superior alpha and gun handling. The way I play this tank is to constantly harass the enemy from advantageous peek-a-boo or sidescrape positions. The exceptional gun handling makes it fairly easy to almost always get the first shot off, and the armor makes it possible to bounce a lot of return fire. Getting up close against equal or higher tier heavies is not recommended though, because they will pen you relatively easily as the closer range negates the gun handling advantage the E50 can abuse at mid ranges. However getting into knife fight range is sometimes necessary, and as long as there are friendlies to take some of the hits, an E50 adds valuable brawn to a push. If little or no heavies are available, the E50 can fill the gap and pretend to be one fairly effectively.

The -8 degrees of depression often allow it to outright avoid return fire when fighting from hilly cover. However, caution must be exercised when going hull down as the turret is a major vulnerability. So when peeking from hull down it’s important to rock the tank a lot, quickly peek in and out and squeeze the shots off without fully aiming to minimize exposure. The E50 can’t sustain much fire when hull down as a T-62A would, so it must use the hull down to minimize exposure and not try to abuse turret armor. The tank really favors a style of attritioning the enemy one shot at a time while minimizing damage input, making it shine as a mid range skirmisher and brawler.

Overall the E50 is an extremely consistent and flexible tank. It’s fast enough to flank slower tanks, and it’s not so slow that other mediums can run rings around it. In fact it’s a huge bully to other medium tanks because of it’s combination of sheer weight, armor and alpha.

The tank is not at a significant disadvantage in tier X battles either. Care must be taken when going up against high alpha TD’s and Waffles, but this is true for virtually any tier IX in a tier X matchup. As always, make sure to pour some hot HE shells into Waffle turrets whenever you get the chance.

A few replays

[broken links, brb]

E50 is love, E50 is life

Nice work.  You deserve a +1

kilroy26 #7 Posted Feb 11 2015 - 18:44

Captain

• Players
  • 30221 battles
  • [T-BB] T-BB
I agree I just bought the E50 and I am loving it although I can't wait to get the top 105 as opposed to the 88/L71

RetroMan55 #8 Posted Feb 11 2015 - 19:08

Captain

• Players
  • 106846 battles
  • [DWING] DWING
Nice guide.  I'm 9,000 away from unlocking the E50, so this is timely for me.  One thing, you list 4 crew members and there are 5 crew members in the E50.  Are you going to let us know what your secret skill set is for the Loader?  +1 anyway.

the_bolshevik #9 Posted Feb 11 2015 - 21:28

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20461 battles

View PostRetroMan55, on Feb 11 2015 - 18:08, said:

Nice guide.  I'm 9,000 away from unlocking the E50, so this is timely for me.  One thing, you list 4 crew members and there are 5 crew members in the E50.  Are you going to let us know what your secret skill set is for the Loader?  +1 anyway.

Oops, good point.

I'll update the guide with a screenshot of my crew tonite when I get home.

MechLovin #10 Posted Feb 11 2015 - 21:43

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 36352 battles
  • [RSRS] RSRS

Thanks for the info, currently grinding E50, about 60k exp from 50m, sometimes I really love this tank especially on the move, but when I have to stop and start again, I cringe on the acceleration, should I drop consumable for gasoline?

the_bolshevik #11 Posted Feb 11 2015 - 21:46

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20461 battles

View PostMechLovin, on Feb 11 2015 - 20:43, said:

Thanks for the info, currently grinding E50, about 60k exp from 50m, sometimes I really love this tank especially on the move, but when I have to stop and start again, I cringe on the acceleration, should I drop consumable for gasoline?

No. If you can afford premium consumables, food is clearly the superior option. It improves everything a little, versus gasoline only improving your engine power.

Try not to stop in open areas, and always dash from cover to cover. The straight line speed is on par with other mediums if you don't bleed it unnecessarily.

Kristoffon #12 Posted Feb 19 2015 - 17:02

Corporal

• Players
  • 7193 battles

View PostGet_Derped, on Feb 11 2015 - 18:43, said:

Nice work.  You deserve a +1

Good thing you quoted his whole post otherwise we'd have no idea what your comment refers to.

MeKuF #13 Posted Mar 04 2015 - 20:20

Corporal

• Players
  • 11351 battles

Shameless necro bump, but could anyone who has grinded the E50 offer some advice as too the upgrade path?

BadCaseOfDerpes #14 Posted Aug 25 2015 - 12:42

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 32267 battles
  • [-BK-] -BK-

This tank is total crap. Honestly, I can't believe it has a good reputation.

I thought the Panther II was fair to poor... this thing is much worse. First, its armor is crap. Second, it gets ammo racked ALL the time. Getting racked twice in one game is not unusual, even when being shot from the front.

The gun is pretty good, if you can live long enough to use it.

NovaTempest #15 Posted Aug 25 2015 - 14:37

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 12728 battles

View Postthe_bolshevik, on Feb 11 2015 - 11:58, said:

The Grind

Okay whoa, whoa, whoa, that's a little biased right there...

There is a huge problem with this tank and that little bit I boldened, italicized, and underlined AND made obvious is it.

This tank's grind for me has been UTTERLY AGONIZING.

The T8 guns have Poor pen against tier X tanks, and even other Tier 9s (although the spamming ability of the second best T8 gun of the E50 does help a ways against tanks like the T-54.)

In fact, I feel Useless with this thing in 60% of battles, though I was way worse when I first got my hands on it. Just yesterday I got to the top engine... after two weeks of grinding..... on almost entirely losses. I also used to only land 1 damaging shot a game, now though... I am dealing more damage on losses than wins half the time...

Wargaming should seriously consider doing for the last T8 gun on the E50 what they did for the T110E3's gun compared to its predecessors, up the pen. A very similar tier X gun on the T95 has about 18 fewer millimeters of pen than one on the T110E3, why cant the E50 have something similar compared to the Panther II WHICH I GOT AN ACE TANKER WITH ON ENSK?

Don't get me wrong, I know this tank is good when it is fully upgraded, and the E 50M as well. But the grind of this thing is ridiculous with a T8 Gun with only 203mm of pen.

Edited by NovaTempest, Aug 25 2015 - 14:38.

JoreyK #16 Posted Aug 25 2015 - 16:46

Captain

• Players
  • 29176 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View PostBadCaseOfDerpes, on Aug 25 2015 - 05:42, said:

I thought the Panther II was fair to poor... this thing is much worse. First, its armor is crap. Second, it gets ammo racked ALL the time. Getting racked twice in one game is not unusual, even when being shot from the front.

It's not the tank, it's you.

NovaTempest #17 Posted Aug 26 2015 - 14:14

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 12728 battles

View PostJoreyK, on Aug 25 2015 - 10:46, said:

It's not the tank, it's you.

Hate to say it but yes, this is fact. Some tanks are far harder for a player to ease into their 'Best' playstyle. Though you are even more dangerous if you can play it in a way no one expects and do very well that way. I mentioned that I got my first ever ace tanker in the Panther II on ensk, this is because I went full on "Short range hit and run" mode, I flanked enemy tanks and landed death blows on them to finish them off. I also obtained a personal best on the reaper award this way.

Speaking of, how is your grind down this line going JoreyK?

Edited by NovaTempest, Aug 26 2015 - 14:14.

callmejun #18 Posted Jul 02 2016 - 09:15

Corporal

• Players
  • 943 battles
  • [A-TRP] A-TRP

View PostBadCaseOfDerpes, on Aug 25 2015 - 11:42, said:

I have the E-50 in blitz and yes I know that the gameplay is different in blitz but honestly I think it is a VERY great tank. In fact, it is my favorite tank

even though blitz E50 has like 60 less effective armor, it is still insanely fun to play. First, the armor is amazing. You have to realize that this is basically a tiger II that is slightly smaller and has way more armor due to the better angling on the front. Not a lot of tanks can pen it. Also, it has a really good gun. Although this is no L7A1, it has good RoF and INSANE ACCURACY. The alpha is great too. Although climbing hills is-well-ahem, the speed when it fully accelerates is really good. Finally, have you ever tried ramming a RU 251? it is really fun.

Overall it is an insane tank while in good hands. I even won a 1v1 with a full hp FV4202(yes in blitz 4202 still exists. sniff).

So yeah it is not horrible AT ALL

seriously it gets ammo racked a lot? I only took damage to the ammo rack once. ONCE

also It has the best armor out of all tier ix meds

finally "if it lives to use the gun"? It has one of the best survivability out of all meds!

I hope you realized what you said was wrong

Edited by callmejun, Jul 02 2016 - 09:16.

Phallen_Kell #19 Posted Aug 17 2016 - 19:12

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 10378 battles

View Postspitfiresim, on Feb 11 2015 - 09:05, said:

Thanks much!!!  I'll finish reading later today :P

Also I didn't realise the Panthers were unpopular tanks, they are up there in my three most favorite tanks ever! (VK 30.02M, Panther I, Panther II)

They hold positions 11 &12 on my best WN8 tanks @ 1700 avg :: WOTINFO - Vehicle overview 

I Love both the E-50 and Panther II, I dont know why the panther II is overlooked and said to be a poor tank.  As for the Panther, That tank is an embarrassment to the Panzerwaffe.  I couldnt get out of that POS quick enough, Finally saving up free XP to leave it behind, I still have Panther II and will prob always keep it unless the nerf the crap out of it for some reason.  Pretty good Review my the way author...gj!

Spanktankk #20 Posted Aug 17 2016 - 19:30

Major

• Players
  • 40126 battles
  • [KFB] KFB

AMAZING write up, +1!!!!

I was not aware of the -8 depression at a side angle.

Have the tank, love it, will play it more!!

To add:  I LOVED the Panther II..... great mid range sniper.

Also tagged with E50, guide

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users