Tanks firing through solid objects getting worse

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

Sentient_Peanutbutter #1 Posted Jun 08 2011 - 10:23

Private

• Players
  • 4942 battles
Tanks are able to shoot through a large variety of solid objects.  This was an issue before, but it seems to have gotten a LOT worse today.  Tanks are shooting through buildings, rocks, hills etc across a variety of maps.  I know about cover and that some tanks have more clearance than others.  What I am seeing is tanks shooting through corners 4 or 5' spanned such that no part of the tank shows with room a foot or so of room to spare...Or tanks shooting well below a hilltop to where even their tops are below the hillside.  

I see others mentioning this new irregularity in-game also.

Just an fyi for devs.

Captain_Dorja #2 Posted Jun 08 2011 - 12:20

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 17863 battles
Yes there are at least 2 other threads mentioning this. So far we have gotten no word from the powers at be. An acknowledgment in threads like this where this is a clear problem would be awful nice. Would someone from WN please post somewhere in a thread like this that they have noted a problem and are working on it? If that is too much to ask for than I quit will actually quit this game.

Ghost_Rydier #3 Posted Jun 08 2011 - 14:39

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 6902 battles
I have also noticed the same issue at first, but then I started paying close attention to the damage notices. Without arty tracers, when they hit you, it easily looks like another tank is hiting you. Also, I have noticed that accuracy seems to have improved. What I mean by this is I am actually hitting tanks and doing damage with a small amount of the turret/tracks/tank body showing either above or around a building/rock/hillside. The hillside's still are the most difficult.

I'm not saying there isn't a problem here, just that recent developments and the increase in personel skill of us Beta guys may make the issue seem much worse than it really is. Think for a min. guys, when we first started beta, how much did you use auto target? At what point did you manual aim more often? Do you have more patiance now and zoom in for complete zero-in on the target? Have you downloaded the criticale hits skins for more accurate aiming?

To me, it's rather easy to tell after a few shots if I am facing a "wallet warrior", "beta", or just plain noob.

thats my 2 cents.

Ghost

Hovertank #4 Posted Jun 08 2011 - 17:03

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 15886 battles
I killed a KT through a hill yesterday.  All that was showing was a sliver of his turret, which would not be penetrable from my tank at the range we were at.  The KT went invisible as there were bushes in between us and I took a shot at what I thought would be the hull, boom.  When I moved from cover, I could see that all of his tank was hidden behind a small hill.  Needless to say, I was surprised to have gotten the kill shot!

I'll start recording my battles to see if I can get a video of this.

Captain_Dorja #5 Posted Jun 08 2011 - 19:21

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 17863 battles
THe hill penning rounds deff are not just an effect of Beta players (or even release players) who can aim and hit things that are almost not showing. I've been killed by rounds going though 50-100m of terrain, like, not even close to an edge.

AlphaBetaGamma #6 Posted Jun 09 2011 - 01:58

Corporal

• Players
  • 11227 battles

View PostGhost_Rydier, on Jun 08 2011 - 14:39, said:

I have also noticed the same issue at first, but then I started paying close attention to the damage notices. Without arty tracers, when they hit you, it easily looks like another tank is hiting you. Also, I have noticed that accuracy seems to have improved. What I mean by this is I am actually hitting tanks and doing damage with a small amount of the turret/tracks/tank body showing either above or around a building/rock/hillside. The hillside's still are the most difficult.

I'm not saying there isn't a problem here, just that recent developments and the increase in personel skill of us Beta guys may make the issue seem much worse than it really is. Think for a min. guys, when we first started beta, how much did you use auto target? At what point did you manual aim more often? Do you have more patiance now and zoom in for complete zero-in on the target? Have you downloaded the criticale hits skins for more accurate aiming?

To me, it's rather easy to tell after a few shots if I am facing a "wallet warrior", "beta", or just plain noob.

thats my 2 cents.

Ghost

Where do you get the critical hit skins from? It would be good to learn where the vulnerable areas of a particular AFV are. Nothing in this forum. I suggest everyone should have access to it. After all if you are an actual tanker, I would think the tanker training school would impart that knowledge to you to ensure the survival of their tankers rather than only to a select few students! Make it a level playing field, I say. Otherwise its akin to cheating by some.

Captain_Dorja #7 Posted Jun 09 2011 - 04:37

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 17863 battles
Are these critical hit skins something that you get in game, or are they basically just a file or something that you look at and then you know where to shoot Tanks A B and C?

ReiF #8 Posted Jun 09 2011 - 05:00

Corporal

• Players
  • 184 battles
This
a) game's eror.
B) Cheets. Previously, I encountered a similar problem on other servers.
But still I am inclined to conclude that it is not dorobotki that polzuyutsya some not so honest players. Happen is not a pleasant situation.

Captain_Dorja #9 Posted Jun 09 2011 - 19:38

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 17863 battles

View PostReiF, on Jun 09 2011 - 05:00, said:

This
a) game's eror.
B) Cheets. Previously, I encountered a similar problem on other servers.
But still I am inclined to conclude that it is not dorobotki that polzuyutsya some not so honest players. Happen is not a pleasant situation.

COuld you translate that into English please? Not to be rude but I have no idea what that last part is even trying to say.

Falken #10 Posted Jun 10 2011 - 16:55

Corporal

• Players
  • 11554 battles
I was on the map "Mines" in my BT7 I decided to take the hill and see how long I could hold it. I had a couple of Lowes and a IS3 in front of me but they where busy shooting my team, so I pulled up on the side of the Mountain (north side) and was doing pop shots with HEs into there sides and backs. A few seconds in I take hit doing about 70% damage from a Tiger ... I back up a little on the hill thinking the tank might be invisible in front of me still on the side of the then BooM shot comes from inside the mountain and kills me from the Tiger that wounded me the first time a few seconds later my team closed in with me watching and the tiger was hiding on the hill near the north flag.

Devs I hope you guys actually read these forums and decide to fix these issues pretty fast as I can tell you from personal experience when players shoot through walls without other players being able to shoot back the game doesn't last long.

tatog #11 Posted Jun 11 2011 - 21:58

Corporal

• Players
  • 19479 battles
Sometimes i shoot tanks through thin walls using HE shells. I do little damage, but it works.

Most of the complains about "tanks firing trough solid objets" are artys or HE shells
People need to learn more about game mechanics, then complain :)

Captain_Dorja #12 Posted Jun 12 2011 - 01:03

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 17863 battles

View Posttatog, on Jun 11 2011 - 21:58, said:

Sometimes i shoot tanks through thin walls using HE shells. I do little damage, but it works.

Most of the complains about "tanks firing trough solid objets" are artys or HE shells
People need to learn more about game mechanics, then complain :)

Please explain to me why there is a game mechanic enabling artillery shells and high explosive shells to penetrate large and thick landscape features? Secondly, why would HE shells, which should detonate on impact with a solid object (IE mountains) penetrate solid objects (IE mountains) better than armor piercing ammo, which while not intended to penetrate mountains, is at least intended to penetrate solid objects. Please, I desire to learn about game mechanics. Teach me oh master!

tatog #13 Posted Jun 12 2011 - 05:08

Corporal

• Players
  • 19479 battles

View PostCaptain_Dorja, on Jun 12 2011 - 01:03, said:

Please explain to me why there is a game mechanic enabling artillery shells and high explosive shells to penetrate large and thick landscape features? Secondly, why would HE shells, which should detonate on impact with a solid object (IE mountains) penetrate solid objects (IE mountains) better than armor piercing ammo, which while not intended to penetrate mountains, is at least intended to penetrate solid objects. Please, I desire to learn about game mechanics. Teach me oh master!
only developers can answer that
im just saying what happen in game, not what is supposed to happen in reality
i don´t know if there are hackers or glitches, i never received a shoot trough a hill or a mountain
i think that almost all complains are from players that think someone shoot them trough a mountain and it was an arty shell or a td/tank that they can´t see...

AlphaBetaGamma #14 Posted Jun 15 2011 - 14:49

Corporal

• Players
  • 11227 battles
Same here re: shot at the behind when I cannot even see his gun when face-2-face, him on my right behind a wall (which is covering most of his left side), my right-side behind next to a wall. Unless my fuel tank is parked right in the front of my tiger! Basically if I cannot see his gun or hind, I fail to see how he can see my hindquarter and shot up my fuel tank.

sycotic #15 Posted Jun 19 2011 - 19:08

Corporal

• Players
  • 3989 battles
Just saw this yesterday.  Enemy shot through building and hit one of my teammates.  No one was close to the building.  Saw the tracer go right through the wall with no opening such as windows.  It was on the map called Prohorovka.  We were on the other side of the railroad tracks in the town area at the main cross roads are.  The building was just south east of that crossroad.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users