Old versions now available for download

old replays old replays old version version watch

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

ChumCreature #1 Posted Feb 13 2015 - 14:07

Major

• Players
  • 17043 battles

If you haven't heard FTR posted an article about downloading old files and watching old replays. Worded better on the website:

"Hello everyone,

got that old 0.8.7 replay where you totally pwned everybody, but you just can’t play it, because the game changed a lot? Can’t find the old clients on the web anymore?

Well, fear not, player Gappa from EU server has a site just for you:

http://wot.djgappa.com/

From this simple site, you can download various versions of World of Tanks client all the way back to 0.7.0, when the replay function was introduced. The versions of the client are available in several forms: torrent file, installer, patch… or you can just download the entire client (the rightmost column).

After the installation (or rather, unpacking is ready), be sure you are running the old replay file with the appropriate client by selecting “open with” and linking to the newly-installed old client worldoftanks.exe file."

They work, they're safe, I've used them.

Spoiler

thunderrooster #2 Posted Feb 17 2015 - 14:55

Sergeant

• Players
  • 24950 battles
  • [-RAH-] -RAH-
Some of them are EU files. Does that matter? They have version 9.6. NA does not that yet, I assume that 9.6 is for EU. If you download that and try to use it what happens? Does it download files to make it work for NA or will it not work?

ChumCreature #3 Posted Feb 17 2015 - 15:28

Major

• Players
  • 17043 battles

View Postthunderrooster, on Feb 17 2015 - 08:55, said:

Some of them are EU files. Does that matter? They have version 9.6. NA does not that yet, I assume that 9.6 is for EU. If you download that and try to use it what happens? Does it download files to make it work for NA or will it not work?

It's the EU client, so it acts as if you live in the EU. But it doesn't matter for replays, they're scripted (I think) to be identical to the battle that was played.

I hope that's clear, I tried out a replay from 8.8 that was on the NA server, and nothing was different.

Southern_Comfort #4 Posted Feb 03 2017 - 06:02

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 34493 battles

Its true it should work with replays but I have seen old versions out there before, it looks like I deleted some of mine so I am looking for some right now after a moron tried to TK me last night, it was at least the second time he attacked me, this dude is lame as Hitlery! he rammed my tier 5 TD with a tier 7 SPG then show me point blank and did not kill me then he missed point blank so I reported the clown and sent in all the replays I had with him on my team so he might be banned right now, I had another idiot that attacked me 9 times in the beginning of games, he has not been playing for about 6 months, he said he was going to get me banned (by shooting me?), the one that attacked me 9 times would get a INSTANT perma ban now with the new rules! hahahahahah:teethhappy:

• Warning

• First Strike – 1 day ban

• Second Strike – 3 day ban

• Third Strike – 7 day ban

• Fourth Strike – 30 day ban

• Fifth Strike – Perma ban

snangdingler #5 Posted May 08 2018 - 18:35

Private

• -Players-
  • 20548 battles
Hello there. This topic is of interest to me because I uploaded a replay to the wot replay site right before the 1.0 game update and now I can't watch the replay. I am on the NA server and the version my game was played in was 9.22.01, the last version before the 1.0 update on the NA server. I am not sure after looking at the posted website how to download that old version or which version to download since I don't see a download for that exact version. I am somewhat of a noob when it comes to computers, so I could use some help. I am also concerned that when I do download it will automatically update to the current version. Please help me and assume I will need exact instructions as I know nothing about this sort of thing. Thank you in advance for your help.

snangdingler #6 Posted May 10 2018 - 15:36

Private

• -Players-
  • 20548 battles
Crickets

Also tagged with old, replays, old replays, old version, version, watch

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users