disapearing shots ?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
49 replies to this topic

Eddmac #41 Posted Jul 29 2011 - 17:31

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostFrispel, on Jul 29 2011 - 10:50, said:

Been having the same problem with my "low end fun tank" Pz II, my guess is that I push the trigger too fast after the last shot (constant clicking ;)), my client think I have reloaded and it looks like I fire, but the server is a bit slower (latency) and thinks I shouldnt fire again so soon and stops the shot. To me it seems like Im fireing but nothing happends in the game. And since my game client thinks Ive fired, I have to wait until I have reloaded clientside.

Maybe some people here that are having trouble with dissapering shots could try waiting a second after client reload and see if it helps?

No thats definately NOT it.
I have waited patiently in my IS-3 in an ambush position, JAgdpanther steams past side on and i fire point blank, centred on his side and "nothing" the shot disappears.

I'm another in the long list of NOT HAPPY GAMERS

Jory4001 #42 Posted Jul 30 2011 - 01:49

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11549 battles

View PostDarkShogun, on Jun 08 2011 - 14:20, said:

i have noticed this with arty shots that i fire too

I have this a lot on my Artillery, 1-2 times every game the shot will expend ammo, but never even fire, no tracer, no smoke, no nothing.

A real bummer when i only shoot 7 times in a  game on average.

mochi85 #43 Posted Aug 06 2011 - 22:44

Corporal

• Players
  • 9016 battles
That explain my missing shot to T1....it show hit, but no damage with arty....

wade1 #44 Posted Aug 08 2011 - 04:39

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostViper69, on Jun 09 2011 - 14:57, said:

Yeah they really need to work on this issue. Was this issue around since Beta?
Had no problem with that in beta , or with accuracy. Accuracy has been terrible .You can remove your smoke when firing and then you can watch your round go down range .Target doesn't move and i keep the crosshairs on the center of mass .First goes high left , second goes high right and third goes into the ground short .All with the target not moving or my crosshairs moving .

wade1 #45 Posted Aug 08 2011 - 04:56

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Postwade1, on Jun 14 2011 - 19:38, said:

could be they don't want free players to do much damage to paying players.
Close. Happens to premium too. Look at it this way , when you do no or little damage and low kills, you get very little cash and exp. Which keeps you in the grind even longer.Now , what can you do to get out of the grind faster ? Right , spend some of your hard earned money.There you go. Now you're at the next tier.What happens ? SOS different tank.Well , now you know how to get out of the grind and you spend some more of your money and on and on and on. From what i've read on the forums on this subject before the devs delete it is it's not working to well.A lot of people just say to hell with it and leave. The NA population has dropped a lot.Of course ,Americans are stubborn and it just makes us more determined not to pay and play through the grind despite the nerfs they do to , shall we say , "encourage" us to pay.WEll , this one will be deleted soon as the others were.

Red451 #46 Posted Aug 25 2011 - 04:42

Corporal

• Players
  • 16216 battles
  • [6THAD] 6THAD
This has been happening to me a lot!  Just shot at a Panther 6 times and had no splash, tracers, or (obviously) damage to the target.

Aethon #47 Posted Aug 25 2011 - 19:15

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 15198 battles
  • [-CHH-] -CHH-

View PostSpitzer, on Jun 15 2011 - 03:30, said:

I've had it with every tank i own. piss off when I'm using gold ammo in clan battle's with my t30 and this happens.

I just had this happen to me, in my T30...this hurts the T30 a lot, just like that stupid no-damage critical system.  Not only does the thing have a reload time 18 seconds long, but it survives by killing the enemy before the enemy can kill it.

Cardinal_Biggles #48 Posted Aug 27 2011 - 17:29

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 14611 battles
Add another to the list of people getting really vexed about this.

7k+ battles since release, 5k+ in Beta and it has been getting worse in my experience.

Just had a game in my ISU-152. 4 consecutive BL-10 rounds were ghost shells. Believe me i know by now how they appear.

Just fix this nonsense please

Maj_Dutch_Schaefer #49 Posted Sep 01 2011 - 16:38

Private

• Players
  • 17219 battles
I have the same phantom shots problem. I'm still waiting for a WGN mod to at least acknowledge the problem.

DDsSmokeOverpenRNGBounce #50 Posted Oct 02 2011 - 20:54

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20452 battles
  • [ESPRT] ESPRT
I'm a relatively newcomer to the game (6 weeks), but I can say that this is DEFINITELY an issue.  At first I thought it was just my aim, but after reading many threads like this, I'm certain there's a tech issue.  It's especially bad in sniper mode at full-zoom.  My KT 10.5 cm L/68 generates at least 20% ghost shells in sniper.  It also happens a lot in my JT with the long 12.8 cm, and that really sucks because of the high ammo cost and long reload time.  

Let's hope something happens on this.  It's without a doubt the most frustrating part of the game for me (followed closely by high-end arty... but that's another question :lol:).  I've lost many games solely because a decisive, potentially game-altering shell is a ghost shot.

I'm thinking about totally forgetting about sniper mode simply to avoid the frustration that comes from this.  But as a player who prefers long-range accuracy to knifefighting (I play German, not Russian), it's going to be a challenge.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users