T110

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
627 replies to this topic

a1fox3 #1 Posted Jun 08 2011 - 15:27

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 23997 battles
I do not like what I have read about the new T110:

T110 should take place of a “support tank”, “tank of second breakthrough line”. For this reason it will be given a cannon with good precision, rate of fire, armor piercing… but with lower damage.

Yes, face-to- face against Maus or IS-7 T110 will be most likely defeated (due to ricochets from the first one and due to weaker armor of the second one).

From this it looks like the US will still only have support tanks and the T10 T110 still can not go toe to toe with both other T10 tanks.

http://forums.goha.r...92#post15395292

:o  :(  :angry:

ADD: We will just have to wait and see it ingame.

Konflict #2 Posted Jun 08 2011 - 15:38

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 3209 battles
I think its great that they are adding new tanks and the T110 looks very nice.
But do we really need more post WWII tanks ?

Right now and mainly if you play german we get thrown into battles that WWII tanks really have no chance in. Tiger's vs T110 ?

End game is very hard to define in WoT and with the limited numbers of players on US servers its very hard to implimate rounds that do not mix these tanks up a lot. Adjusting the match making system to exclude lower tier tanks with the super heavys might help a lot tho.

If WoT goes this route with post WWII tanks being used as super heavys then they should also include some of the other post WWII tanks that can be used as medium/lights.

The end game is really starting to turn into NATO battles, which is fine. But mixing it up with WWII tanks gets very unblanced and just not fun to play imo.

LoooSeR78V #3 Posted Jun 08 2011 - 15:53

Major

• Players
  • 21 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View Posta1fox3, on Jun 08 2011 - 15:27, said:

I do not like what I have read about the new T110:

From this it looks like the US will still only have support tanks and the T10 T110 still can not go toe to toe with both other T10 tanks.

http://forums.goha.r...92#post15395292

:o  :(  :angry:
- Read only SerB response - he is developer. Others responce - only discussion of T110.
From your link:

"SerB : The reason is that in game T30 plays like anti-tank SPG, therefore we decided to move this vehicle to the Tank Destroyers Tree and exchange it with T110 tank in the Heavy Tanks Tree. At the same time, we remove T34 from the American Tree, and make it a premium tank. Its place within heavy tanks tree will be occupied by the famous M103."

"SerB : As far as the 120mm cannon is concerned, this is a rather modern weapon with very good characteristics, including high armor piercing. The parameters of this cannon will be more than adequate."

"SerB : Well, T110 is, actually, very similar to M103. Americans tried to make it smaller and equip it with better armor. New USA top heavy tank will be well armed, since it will possess no longer that hellish uber-cannon, but it will be better armored significantly. In short, now it will be a tank, not an SPG.
As far as the cupola is concerned, Americans liked to play with vehicle gun defense on tanks. But a similar cupola can be found on KV-5, for example. There is nothing we can do, we can only advise players to be very careful with it in battle."

"SerB : It will be very good, since, as I said earlier, it will be a smaller M103. Generally speaking, the handling of this vehicle will resemble that of IS-7 – it will be a relatively compact, mobile tank with solid armor."

"SerB : Without a doubt. Smaller vehicles are much harder to hit, therefore T110 will definitely be a much harder target than the current American top heavy tank."

"SerB : The tank looks rather awkward with M103 turret, but with its own turret it looks OK. Most likely, we will make that turret the only choice for T110."

- only this guy know something about tank  :rolleyes:

Holycow #4 Posted Jun 08 2011 - 15:58

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 11424 battles

Yes, face-to- face against Maus or IS-7 T110 will be most likely defeated (due to ricochets from the first one and due to weaker armor of the second one).

Here is the full paragraph:

One can draw the analogy with the medium tanks tree. What is the advantage and peculiarity of M26 Pershing in comparison to T54 or Panther 2?
Its mobility. Its ability to cause damage and disappear immediately, avoiding the retaliation. Yes, face-to- face against Maus or IS-7 T110 will be
most likely defeated (due to ricochets from the first one and due to weaker armor of the second one). Again – these are only suppositions. But taking
into account more hit points than in M26 Pershing, and adding good rate of fire and good mobility, we see the tank that will be indispensable in clan wars
as a “base defender” or a “support tank”.

I believe they are talking about the Pershing as an analogy. I don't believe they mean that the T110 will always lose to the Maus or IS-7. They were referring to the Pershing.

a1fox3 #5 Posted Jun 08 2011 - 16:01

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 23997 battles

View PostHolycow, on Jun 08 2011 - 15:58, said:

Here is the full paragraph:

I believe they are talking about the Pershing as an analogy. I don't believe they mean that the T110 will always lose to the Maus or IS-7. They were referring to the Pershing.
That is why I only pulled out the part about the T110:face-to- face against Maus or IS-7 T110 will be most likely defeated

Yankee_Rhapsody #6 Posted Jun 08 2011 - 16:01

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 8631 battles
so it cant penetrate a maus and its armor is worse then an IS7... Yea I can just see Clans lining up to take T110s who cant beat Maus or IS7s

seriously WTF IS WRONG WITH THE DEVS!

seriously... who the hell grinds to a T10 heavy to be support?! And how much freaking "support" can you provide if the devs are telling us flat out that we wont be able to handle the other T10 heavies?????? Artillery is SUPPORT... what is described in that blub is cannon fodder...

The devs have just told us we wont have a great gun and yet we will STILL have the worst armor among T 10 heavies... Im just so confused... I was so excited but now the Devs are telling us our armors still worse but we no longer get a great gun...

its very clear that Overlord and crew have no idea wtf they are doing.

Low damage high pen gun with poor armor for its tier... do you know what tank in game now has those EXACT characteristics? The Tiger tank... and the Tiger tank is dreadful.

Congrats... we are getting a Tiger tank with a new model as our T10

Yankee_Rhapsody #7 Posted Jun 08 2011 - 16:10

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 8631 battles
god damn the more you read the more I want to throw up... the 120mm at T10? We are still slower then an IS7, still have less armor and now have a smaller gun...

Its absolutely baffling that the devs are going to make our T10 WEAKER then the current T 30...

The 120 will have a high rate of fire... that translate as if you want to do ANY damage at all your gonna have to open yourself up to exposing yourself to arty twice as often to do the same damage you are doing now.

WE are actually getting nerfed... its so laughable how out of touch overlord and crew are I almost want to weep  :(

Angalacon #8 Posted Jun 08 2011 - 16:17

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 2173 battles
And one of those guys commented that American tanks can sit on a hill and fire down without exposing their hulls... apparently this guy drives russian, because the last patch ruined the ability of American heavies to hull down in this manner.

Holycow #9 Posted Jun 08 2011 - 16:31

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 11424 battles

View Posta1fox3, on Jun 08 2011 - 16:01, said:

That is why I only pulled out the part about the T110:face-to- face against Maus or IS-7 T110 will be most likely defeated
I'm sorry Fox but I think you missed it again.

Yes, face-to- face against Maus or IS-7 T110 will be most likely defeated...
^ This is referring to the Pershing

Again – these are only suppositions. But taking into account more hit points than in M26 Pershing, and adding good rate of fire and
good mobility, we see the tank that will be indispensable in clan wars as a “base defender” or a “support tank”.
The important line that you seem to have missed is, "But taking into account more hit points than in M26 Pershing..."
So that whole paragraph is referring to the Pershing. That the Pershing will lose to the Maus and IS-7 and that the T110 has more hp than the
Pershing and add to it the good rate of fire and mobility the T110 will hold its own.

Personally I believe the T110 will be quite interesting. It will circle a Maus and will be competitive against an IS-7. Probably will depend on
driver skill. But stats wise the IS-7 will have an advantage.

Yankee_Rhapsody #10 Posted Jun 08 2011 - 16:38

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 8631 battles

View PostHolycow, on Jun 08 2011 - 16:31, said:

The important line that you seem to have missed is, "But taking into account more hit points than in M26 Pershing..."
So that whole paragraph is referring to the Pershing. That the Pershing will lose to the Maus and IS-7 and that the T110 has more hp than the
Pershing and add to it the good rate of fire and mobility the T110 will hold its own.

Personally I believe the T110 will be quite interesting. It will circle a Maus and will be competitive against an IS-7. Probably will depend on

what are you talking about? It says, very clearly I might add, that the T110 likely wont be able to handle a Maus or IS7 1v1...
a 120 mm on a T10... what a joke.

Gryphius #11 Posted Jun 08 2011 - 16:44

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6138 battles
Jesus guys, READ WHAT THE DEVS SAID. The first section is people commenting about it. SerB says it will be much better armored than the T30, and the 120mm gun is a modern design with excellent characteristics including high armor penetration. It was also stated that it will be quite mobile and a small target  He summed it up by saying that it will be a TANK, not an SPG (TD).

Chill out. The T110 is shaping up to be excellent. The player speculation means nothing.

Yankee_Rhapsody #12 Posted Jun 08 2011 - 16:49

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 8631 battles

View PostGryphius, on Jun 08 2011 - 16:44, said:

Jesus guys, READ WHAT THE DEVS SAID. The first section is people commenting about it. SerB says it will be much better armored than the T30, and the 120mm gun is a modern design with excellent characteristics including high armor penetration. It was also stated that it will be quite mobile and a small target  He summed it up by saying that it will be a TANK, not an SPG (TD).

Chill out. The T110 is shaping up to be excellent. The player speculation means nothing.

and they also said it will have the lowest damage gun now but still have the weakest armor...

its confirmed that it will have a smaller gun, weaker armor and a lower top speed then an IS7... Tell me exactly why I SHOULDNT be upset by this lackluster tank?

herpderp #13 Posted Jun 08 2011 - 16:50

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 3425 battles

GoHa.Ru : Along with the small caliber cannon, the armor of T110 is also not really impressive. Moreover, released screenshots show a commander’s cupola on the turret, which, as we know, means a spot of practically 100% probability of piercing. What do you think, will a smaller cannon and weaker armor compensate for these weaknesses?

SerB : Well, T110 is, actually, very similar to M103. Americans tried to make it smaller and equip it with better armor. New USA top heavy tank will be well armed, since it will possess no longer that hellish uber-cannon, but it will be better armored significantly. In short, now it will be a tank, not an SPG.

As far as the cupola is concerned, Americans liked to play with vehicle gun defense on tanks. But a similar cupola can be found on KV-5, for example. There is nothing we can do, we can only advise players to be very careful with it in battle.

You must be joking.  We get compensated for having a huge armor hole by getting a weaker gun?

Also, how exactly can you be careful with that kind of weakspot in battle?  It's on the top of the tank!

berree #14 Posted Jun 08 2011 - 16:50

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 9482 battles
Holycow he isn't saying Maus IS7  --> AND<--- T110

He is saying against a Maus or IS7  --> THE<-- T110 will not win

Edit: that commanders hatch is freaking huge , HUGE!11!!!1

sadly i'm not surprised

SpectreHD #15 Posted Jun 08 2011 - 16:52

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 14769 battles
  • [TT] TT
I hope they reduce its repair cost. What's the point in paying the same repair cost when the other Tier 10 heavies would be far superiour.

Yankee_Rhapsody #16 Posted Jun 08 2011 - 16:54

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 8631 battles

View Postberree, on Jun 08 2011 - 16:50, said:

Holycow he isn't saying Maus IS7--> AND<--- T110

He is saying against a Maus and IS7--> THE<-- T110 will not win

Edit: that commanders hatch is freaking huge , HUGE!11!!!1

yes that hatch is huge... the good news is since the tanks smaller this hatch will be much easier for opponents to aim for, cant have those pesky american tanks killing anything now can we

a1fox3 #17 Posted Jun 08 2011 - 16:56

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 23997 battles

Im sorry Holycow but it is you who has missed it for only the frist part of that refer to the Pershing and the rest refer to the T110:

This is about the Pershing:
(One can draw the analogy with the medium tanks tree. What is the advantage and peculiarity of M26 Pershing in comparison to T54 or Panther 2?
Its mobility. Its ability to cause damage and disappear immediately, avoiding the retaliation.)

This is about the T110:
Yes, face-to- face against Maus or IS-7 T110 will be most likely defeated (due to ricochets from the first one and due to weaker armor of the second one). Again – these are only suppositions. But taking
into account more hit points than in M26 Pershing, and adding good rate of fire and good mobility, we see the tank that will be indispensable in clan wars as a “base defender” or a “support tank”.

I to will hope that in game the T110 will do better than what is reported for I will use the US tank for normal day to day game play.

:Smile-izmena::Smile-izmena::Smile-izmena:

Irtax #18 Posted Jun 08 2011 - 16:58

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 14782 battles
  • [LEMON] LEMON

Yes, face-to- face against Maus or IS-7 T110 will be
most likely defeated (due to ricochets from the first one and due to weaker armor of the second one)

It seems very clear to me, he is saying the T110 will lose face to face with Maus or IS-7.  He is saying playstyle of the T110 would be more like the Pershing.  Support, flank, etc, not nose to nose face smashing.

Yankee_Rhapsody #19 Posted Jun 08 2011 - 17:02

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 8631 battles

View Posta1fox3, on Jun 08 2011 - 16:56, said:

Im sorry Holycow but it is you who has missed it for only the frist part of that refer to the Pershing and the rest refer to the T110:
[/b]

I to will hope that in game the T110 will do better than what is reported for I will use the US tank for normal day to day game play.

:Smile-izmena::Smile-izmena::Smile-izmena:

"Yes, face-to- face against Maus or IS-7 T110 will be most likely defeated "

see thats in the section about the T110... but I just cant see the point of a heavy tank that cant beat other heavy tanks of its tier... Base defender and support tank... it sounds like we are getting a very slow medium... This is supposed to be a heavy tank and a hewavy tank that cant handle other heavies is going to be worthless in clan wars... if you want a mobile fast firing tank that cant do dick all vs heavies... why not just take a medium???

Gryphius #20 Posted Jun 08 2011 - 17:08

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6138 battles

View PostxRainbowDashX, on Jun 08 2011 - 16:49, said:

and they also said it will have the lowest damage gun now but still have the weakest armor...

its confirmed that it will have a smaller gun, weaker armor and a lower top speed then an IS7... Tell me exactly why I SHOULDNT be upset by this lackluster tank?

Okay, can someone point me to where the devs said that? All I see about the gun is:

SerB : As far as the 120mm cannon is concerned, this is a rather modern weapon with very good characteristics, including high armor piercing. The parameters of this cannon will be more than adequate.