• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

Code_Zer0_Tw0 #21 Posted Feb 19 2015 - 06:53

Major

• Players
  • 10640 battles
  • [KHA05] KHA05

View PostThe_Ghghp, on Feb 18 2015 - 23:39, said:

So..What you're saying is..Your judgement on a non-distributed, non-released, still-experimental-and-being-balanced tank is more confident word than another? Man, that's just bad arguing skills. I'm going to have to give you an F on your report card for being a dunce in basic communications and common sense.

Prototype beats most tier 8 mediums.

6 degrees of gun depression is the same as all russian mediums. What, you want your gun to phase through your armor so you can have 4 degrees more? If you want good gun depression, go down the american, german, or japanese medium line, seriously.

The_Ghghp #22 Posted Feb 19 2015 - 09:06

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16048 battles
  • [TLOP] TLOP

For View PostAzukoto, on Feb 19 2015 - 05:53, said:

So..What you're saying is..Your judgement on a non-distributed, non-released, still-experimental-and-being-balanced tank is more confident word than another? Man, that's just bad arguing skills. I'm going to have to give you an F on your report card for being a dunce in basic communications and common sense.

Prototype beats most tier 8 mediums.

6 degrees of gun depression is the same as all russian mediums. What, you want your gun to phase through your armor so you can have 4 degrees more? If you want good gun depression, go down the american, german, or japanese medium line, seriously.

So. After insulting me angrily instead of presenting a well-thought argument to back up your claim that the T54 Proto beats most tier 8 mediums, it is obvious to me that you COMPLETELY missed the point and might have totally ignored my warning to read the entire post and try to understand what I am trying to convey through my original argument.

My point, written clearly in my post, was that the T-54 Proto seems to have caught on some reputation from having seemingly the armor of the T-54, and so many players may regard it as a better tank than what it really is as of current state. I even mentioned that what I was judging the tank on was its current statistics. Right now, it seems quite mediocre and wouldn't be worth purchasing for 11,600 gold. I clearly stated in the end of my post that if they were to buff it, then I would change my mind, but I guess you completely ignored/didn't read that part. Right now it doesn't look worth buying.

For the topic of gun depression, we all know that the gun depression of end-tier russian mediums are set as a balance mechanism. The problem is the T-54 prototype, as of current stats, neither has the mobility nor the gun performance that makes the russian medium line good, which I clearly stated in my post in detail. The gun depression is simply another contributing factor to the overall mediocrity of the T-54 Prototype.

If you need it, here it is again in a recap. The T-54 Prototype has poor speed limits, with a seemingly okay pw/wt ratio but this is severely set back by an awful terrain resistance. On FTR, there is a video showing how it actually moves like around the battlefield. The armor, while still good for a tier 8 medium, is definitely not as strong/stronger than the T-54 and has some hidden setbacks. The turret armor's incredibly weak roof has a hard time to be hidden and to use the rest of the turret armor due to the mediocre -6 russian gun depression.

The gun is largely outclassed for its tier - with mediocre gun handling, only average accuracy, slow aim time, unstellar DPM and ROF, average alpha, and terrible penetration that struggles against many tier 8s, which is often almost useless against tier 9s and 10s. Flanking is not a good idea either, thanks to its low mobility.

Therefore, I believe that this tank will struggle to be effective against most high tiers. So your only real optionis to spend a lot of money to fire gold rounds. Since this tank's only real strength is clearly its armor, and armor is highly irrelevant against gold spammers and higher tier tanks/TDs, this tank will really struggle to perform well overall and I just don't think it's worth the money cost right now.

A buff to receive pref mm to balance these negatives out would be justified, but since WG pledged to not release pref mm tanks anymore this tank needs a substantial, complex rebalance or it will simply suck.

_Dobrynja_ #23 Posted Feb 19 2015 - 10:21

Captain

• Players
  • 21601 battles
Honestly I've heard the STA-2 is pretty decent. None of these new tonks seem to be Type 59 caliber broken god tanks, so maybe if we stop pining for the heyday and appreciate what we have, we can enjoy ourselves a lot more. I'm holding my dollar for release, that's all. Saying a tank is "not worth your money" this early is super presumptuous.

The_Ghghp #24 Posted Feb 19 2015 - 16:47

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16048 battles
  • [TLOP] TLOP
How many times must I restate it? My point of my post was to show how I thought the T-54 Prototype was not worth buying NOW, and that I would change my mind if they made an appropriate rebalance. Stated clearly in the beginning and end of my post. The thing is, the T-54 Prototype was already once rebalanced, so we have to wait and see if WG rebuffs it, which is unlikely until later, when the T-54 Prototype is actually released to the public, and they gain enough statistics to see how it is performing. Yes, I am holding on to my money - hopefully they lower that atrociously expensive gold price. 11,600 gold is more expensive than an IS-6, and much more than other tier 8 premium mediums.

Edited by The_Ghghp, Feb 19 2015 - 16:55.

OstwindFlakpanzer #25 Posted Feb 19 2015 - 17:23

Major

• Players
  • 20919 battles
  • [CUDAS] CUDAS
no.  just no.  no preferred MM = no money for WG.  hopefully the rest of you speak to this by keeping your wallets firmly in your pockets.  As for me and my big boy wallet It's going no where near these pay to lose tanks.  paying to lose in tier ten battles = WG arrogance at it's finest.

Ecksdeee #26 Posted Feb 19 2015 - 20:40

Major

• Players
  • 17178 battles
  • [WRPCK] WRPCK

View PostThe_Ghghp, on Feb 19 2015 - 05:17, said:

Let's start my argument off with a link. Also, please read the entire article before negging or replying, should help on you comprehending my point, thanks. Understand that this review is based on the current stats of the tank, I could change my mind if the tank was rebalanced again.

http://tank-compare.com/en/compare/t-54-first-prototype/type-59/panther-mit-88-cm-l71#T1=628I519I435I743I197&T2=435I350I298I537I200&T3=547I446I373I658I241

As you can see, the T-54 Prototype has the worst top speed and reverse speed of all the 3 medium tanks. 44km forward and 18km backwards, severely limiting your ability to flank.

And while many claim the Panther 8.8 is slower than the T-54 Prototype, you could be true, but there is a massive difference in soft stats.

The Panther 8.8 has an unarguably great terrain resistance. Looking at tank-compare, it is 0.6/0.9/1.5. Now let's look at the T-54 Prototype. It is 1.1/1.2/1.9. That is horrid, severely limiting it's actual acceleration capacity. So this means that it is surprisingly very slow on flat ground, and the mobility is nowhere near the Type 59 or even Panther 8.8, except when you are climbing hills as the pw/wt ratio IS higher than the Panther 8.8's. But you aren't a hill fighter either, with a rather poor -6 degrees of gun depression - this IS a significant difference from the -7 of the Type 59. Think the difference between the Object 140 and the T-62A when utilizing gun depression.

Yes, the armor values look simply awesome on paper, and when you think of the T-54's good sloping, it's amazing for tier 8. However let's look at the actual data for any parts you may have missed from the statistics given on paper.

Another link: http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/12/30/t-54-prototype-historical-data/

When reading through the wall of text, you can see the entire roof armor of the turret is only 15mm. This means for abysmal protection from arty when combined with its mediocre speed, and also means that any tank on slightly taller ground, or any tank that is slightly taller than the T-54 prototype, will easily penetrate it every time at ANY angle over there as long as its caliber is 75mm or higher due to overmatching mechanics - calibers lower than that are VERY rarely seen for its tier level. Combined with the T-54 prototype's lower profile and the fact that it is simply configured for brawling in close quarters, any competent player knowing this fact can easily damage and defeat it. Also, when reading the slopes of the lower plate, it is significantly less than the T-54. The upper plate is almost the same as the T-54, but the lower plate is a great deal less sloped. It is only at 45 degrees, while the T-54's lower plate is approximately at 62 degrees. This cuts down its effective armor from nearly 230mm to a measly 157mm. Next, the gun mantlet is 180mm but unsloped, and if it follows the T-44's armor setup pattern (which it should, as it is based on the T-44), nothing will be behind it, so the effective turret armor is really only a bit over 180mm in it's hardest point. So, overall, the T-54 Prototype's armor is a great margin worse than advertised, and the fact that it will quite oftenly face tier 10 tanks, as it lacks preferential MM, makes the situation even worse.

Finally, let's look at the arnament. It has 250 alpha damage, which is average for a medium. However, it only has 175mm of penetration. This, combined with the fact its rather low mobility means it simply will struggle to penetrate many of the targets it faces. The APCR round is decent at 235 penetration, but no one wants to be firing gold if they can avoid it, especially in a premium tank that is supposed to be earning credits. The aim time is somewhat slow at 2.6 seconds, the accuracy ok at 0.38, and then we run into another problem. The ROF is only 7.41, which is slow for its alpha damage, putting out a DPM of a mere 1852.5 damage base, and the gun doesn't have the accuracy, gun handling, gun depression, penetration, or alpha damage to make up for it. In short, the gun is definitely a sore point for the tank. It won't help much against many of the tanks it faces, it's not like it can flank well to make up for its pen, AND even then the damage output is insufficient.

Miscellaneous: The traverse speed is fairly decent at 42 degrees, but it is limited in reality due to poor terrain resistance. The view range is unexceptional, at 380 meters of view range. 40 degrees of turret traverse is decent. The price is very high, in fact the highest for a tier 8 medium as of now, at 11,600 gold according to Tank Inspector. This is more expensive than even the T-34-3. The crew luckily fits the russian medium line tanks from tier 7 to 10 (all crew members except radio operator). The HP pool is another low at 1300 HP.

TL;DR and summary: The T-54 Prototype may seem quite good at a first glance, but after closer inspection you will see that it is quite mediocre in many, many aspects, and the lack of pref MM is the final straw into making an expensive, overrated, and overall poor new tier 8 premium medium. If I had something good to say about this tank (other than armor), I would say that it is very well balanced and is far from the initially OP monster that was the Type 59, WG learned from that at least. But if you're tired of running the Matilda IV when training your crews, and have lots of money to spend for your absolute favorite tank line instead of a better premium, go ahead and get it. I know I'm not going to fall in WG's hype/money scheme trap, I'm going to wait until they rebalance it again or ever will.

FCM 50T it is then for my next premium! Now I know THAT thing has been proven many times to be a real awesome tank. Seriously, I beg you guys to take a second look before buying the T-54 Prototype. It's far worse than its high public reputation.

The normal t54 and the 140 both suffer fro, weak turret roof armor what's your point? Then again you'd have to of played it to know that.

Edited by shadowhazcookie, Feb 19 2015 - 20:45.

Kamahl1234 #27 Posted Feb 19 2015 - 22:13

Major

• Players
  • 18394 battles

View PostIert, on Feb 19 2015 - 05:35, said:

(Off Topic)

I still loled how FCM has pref matchmaking. 

Wg has now forgotten their rule. "Tier 8 tanks are not pay to win but they are as effective as a tier 8 stock tank"  (You so silly WG)

The FCM is just Fun. 

The rule wasn't "Stock tank" but "Can't be better than a normal tank". It can be good, it's just not allowed to be better than normal tanks. The 50t gets terrible module health, as one of its balancing factors, making the (rather poor) armor, even more of an issue.

While I love the 50t, it is rather niche, and has a high skill curve. If you aren't a good player, you simply will not do well in the 50t. If you are good, you can do rather well, but effort has to be made. Same will be of the CDC, where it's even more extreme.

Kamahl1234 #28 Posted Feb 19 2015 - 22:20

Major

• Players
  • 18394 battles

View PostThe_Ghghp, on Feb 19 2015 - 15:47, said:

How many times must I restate it? My point of my post was to show how I thought the T-54 Prototype was not worth buying NOW, and that I would change my mind if they made an appropriate rebalance. Stated clearly in the beginning and end of my post. The thing is, the T-54 Prototype was already once rebalanced, so we have to wait and see if WG rebuffs it, which is unlikely until later, when the T-54 Prototype is actually released to the public, and they gain enough statistics to see how it is performing. Yes, I am holding on to my money - hopefully they lower that atrociously expensive gold price. 11,600 gold is more expensive than an IS-6, and much more than other tier 8 premium mediums.

You realize this is a moot point, as it is still being worked on, and nothing is final. Chances are, even whilst you read this, the super-test may have changed values on the tank. 

And with how WG is re-pricing their tier 8 meds, I don't see the price you're quoting, as the player-base is keen on keeping cheap tier 8s for noobs to buy.

View PostOstwindFlakpanzer, on Feb 19 2015 - 16:23, said:

no.  just no.  no preferred MM = no money for WG.  hopefully the rest of you speak to this by keeping your wallets firmly in your pockets.  As for me and my big boy wallet It's going no where near these pay to lose tanks.  paying to lose in tier ten battles = WG arrogance at it's finest.

Why is non-pref MM bad? You say this like tier 8 tanks can't perform well, or even achieve their own HP in a tier 10 game? Does this mean normal tier 8 tanks are useless and nobody plays them? 

My most played premiem, despite owning many of them, is still my T34, as it is a damn fine tank, and easily competes. I'm starting to warm up to my Lowe and have played many battles in my other non-pref MM tanks, as I enjoy non-gimped tanks, who can actually compete when bottom of the list. 

What happens to your precious pref MM is you are bottom tier in a tier 9 game, with 10-13 tier 9s per side? 

As for my big boy wallet, it tells me to accept the challenge to better myself, and to take the chance at the higher bonus of damaging tanks 2 tiers higher, rather than be gimped all the time. : P 

Refusing to not play without an advantage, consumer arrogance at it's finest :P

RenamedUser_1012969967 #29 Posted Feb 19 2015 - 22:39

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

View PostAmberpaw, on Feb 19 2015 - 05:27, said:

panther 8.8 has 5 frontal gun depression.  on a far bigger tank.

7 gun depression the side.  same sides that have a weak ammo rack.

so i do NOT suggest you hill fight.

gun depression on T-54 prototype works to hide the roof  (and IS-6 has 30mm roof.   rarely gets hit anyway)

and considering super p.   i think i'll take T-54 prototype cause

1. its significantly faster than Super P

2. superior gun to super p.

3. superior armor(even with weaklower plate, its still epic for medium armor)

4. turret is good, despite your complaints. thing you need to realize is after a certain lack of thickness, how thick it is ceases to matter.  at tier 8 anything less than 50 (unless its side armor)  is all the same.   aka auto pen(or as good as)

ALLL tank have weak roofs.   15mm wont make a difference to 30mm.  people will still pen it easy. and arty will still rip through it.

look at the tank again. its turret isn't that big.  take the T-44 out and try out its turret. pretty damn good cause its small and hard to hit. (and that has 120mm. not 180 freakin mm!!!)

also 90mm side armor at tier 8.  very nice for angling.   and DOUBLE THE GUN DEPRESSION that T-34-3 has.

compared to Type 59.  its superior in tier 8 and 9.   yes it will struggle in tier 10.  but with exp from tanking dmg coming, and that hull.  i'll take it.  

also 1852dpm is good for a tier 8 med.  HAVE YOU SEEN what most tier 8 meds get?

The view range is unexceptional, at 380 meters of view range?   dude...look at average view range at that tier.  it really isn't that different.

FCM50t is OP.   i wont deny its better.  but T-54 prototype is at least a good buy (unlike the other crapwe get like T-34-3, Super P, STA-2, and panther 8.8)

Wrong on several points. SuperP has 258 gold pen..which is WAY higher and it never sees t10.  1800 dpm fir what is supposed to be q flanker tank is terrible. The panther88 is a 2nd row sniper..so its lack if armor is not nearly as detrimental as it would be on a soviet style med.

Also 15mm roof vs 30mm roof is huge from an overmatch mechanic perspective..think of how many 88mm and 90mm guns you come across..all of them can triple overmatch the 15mm roof, but not tye 15mm.

Relatively poor speed..poor dpm on a soviet med that sees t10..oh and only 235 gold pen, which is fairly crappy vs t10s....nope nope nope.

Edited by taintstain, Feb 19 2015 - 22:41.

The_Ghghp #30 Posted Feb 20 2015 - 00:39

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16048 battles
  • [TLOP] TLOP

View PostKamahl1234, on Feb 19 2015 - 21:20, said:

You realize this is a moot point, as it is still being worked on, and nothing is final. Chances are, even whilst you read this, the super-test may have changed values on the tank. 

And with how WG is re-pricing their tier 8 meds, I don't see the price you're quoting, as the player-base is keen on keeping cheap tier 8s for noobs to buy.

Why is non-pref MM bad? You say this like tier 8 tanks can't perform well, or even achieve their own HP in a tier 10 game? Does this mean normal tier 8 tanks are useless and nobody plays them? 

My most played premiem, despite owning many of them, is still my T34, as it is a damn fine tank, and easily competes. I'm starting to warm up to my Lowe and have played many battles in my other non-pref MM tanks, as I enjoy non-gimped tanks, who can actually compete when bottom of the list. 

What happens to your precious pref MM is you are bottom tier in a tier 9 game, with 10-13 tier 9s per side? 

As for my big boy wallet, it tells me to accept the challenge to better myself, and to take the chance at the higher bonus of damaging tanks 2 tiers higher, rather than be gimped all the time. : P 

Refusing to not play without an advantage, consumer arrogance at it's finest :P

You didn't read my post fully either did you? The lack of preferential matchmaking is not necessarily bad. Tanks like the T34 and Lowe can perform well enough to take on tier 10s without a severe disadvantage over their peers, due to their arnament. However, the T-54 Prototype has heavy-tank mobility combined with a VERY low penetration gun. 248 penetration of the T34 is more than enough to get through most tier 10s, but 175 struggles against a multitude of even just tier 8s. It cannot flank to make up for the low penetration. The armor is useless against gold spammers, TDs, and higher tiers, all of which are very oftenly seen for the T-54 Prototype. It has a turret roof weakspot that can be penetrated by virtually any gun it faces, which negates its greatest (and perhaps only) strength - armor. The gold round isn't even good, it will still struggle due to lower normalization and high penetration loss over distance, in addition to you losing much profit potential as you pay for expensive gold rounds. I'd rather play a Matilda IV than this tank if I had to train crew while making credits. The often need for the T-54 Prototype to spam gold to remain effective negates its potential credit advantage over even the Matilda IV. At least the Matilda IV has many more reliably abusable features and pref mm to make up for its shortcomings.

Sorry. This tank looks to be an utter waste of money right now. And since Storm stated that pref mm tanks will no longer be released, I doubt this tank will become well worth buying even if it was buffed back to its originally proposed, unnerfed statistics. If I needed to summarize the T-54 Prototype in one sentence, I would call it the expensive Russian version of the Super Pershing without preferential matchmaking.

Negged for telling the truth. K.

Edited by The_Ghghp, Feb 20 2015 - 01:36.

The_Ghghp #31 Posted Feb 20 2015 - 00:58

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16048 battles
  • [TLOP] TLOP

View PostAmberpaw, on Feb 19 2015 - 04:27, said:

panther 8.8 has 5 frontal gun depression.  on a far bigger tank.

7 gun depression the side.  same sides that have a weak ammo rack.

so i do NOT suggest you hill fight.

gun depression on T-54 prototype works to hide the roof  (and IS-6 has 30mm roof.   rarely gets hit anyway)

and considering super p.   i think i'll take T-54 prototype cause

1. its significantly faster than Super P

2. superior gun to super p.

3. superior armor(even with weaklower plate, its still epic for medium armor)

4. turret is good, despite your complaints. thing you need to realize is after a certain lack of thickness, how thick it is ceases to matter.  at tier 8 anything less than 50 (unless its side armor)  is all the same.   aka auto pen(or as good as)

ALLL tank have weak roofs.   15mm wont make a difference to 30mm.  people will still pen it easy. and arty will still rip through it.

look at the tank again. its turret isn't that big.  take the T-44 out and try out its turret. pretty damn good cause its small and hard to hit. (and that has 120mm. not 180 freakin mm!!!)

also 90mm side armor at tier 8.  very nice for angling.   and DOUBLE THE GUN DEPRESSION that T-34-3 has.

compared to Type 59.  its superior in tier 8 and 9.   yes it will struggle in tier 10.  but with exp from tanking dmg coming, and that hull.  i'll take it.  

also 1852dpm is good for a tier 8 med.  HAVE YOU SEEN what most tier 8 meds get?

The view range is unexceptional, at 380 meters of view range?   dude...look at average view range at that tier.  it really isn't that different.

FCM50t is OP.   i wont deny its better.  but T-54 prototype is at least a good buy (unlike the other crapwe get like T-34-3, Super P, STA-2, and panther 8.8)

Your comparison of its gun depression superiority to the Panther 8.8 and T-34-3 are irrelevant; practically every other tier 8 medium has better gun depression than those two tanks, so it's really nothing to brag about.

Superior armor to the SP? Well, completely ignoring the fact that the Super Pershing gets preferential matchmaking, the SP has a stronger, nearly invincible turret in its hard points that it can actually use with its -10 gun depression compared to the T-54 proto's -6 gun depression. It does have weakspots like the T-54 Prototype, but at least the turret can't be just forced through with gold rounds and at least it can't be consistently penetrated by even M3 Lees in the roof.

The rest of turret is good, but keep in mind finding hull-down positions where you can also hide the roof is limited with the mediocre gun depression. So you may have good turret armor, a small turret, a rounded turret, etc. but you can't use it well in the first place. 

90mm of side armor is above average, but you still have the turret and lower plate weakspots. The armor doesn't excuse the mediocre gun even for a medium tank and mobility comparable to the average heavy tank.

When you compared it to the Type 59, the armor is only superior to the side by a mere 10mm and the upper plate. Everywhere else is weaker, you have less gun depression, significantly less mobility, a lower penetrating gun, all combined with NO pref mm that the Type 59 gets. The fact that it has no pref mm will not be changed, Storm stated that clearly for every future premium tank.

1852 DPM is average for a tier 8 medium. So is the damage at 250mm. Okay, but how are two average aspects going to make up for every other sub-average statistic of the gun? Bad penetration, slow aim time, borderline inaccuracy, and bad gun depression.

The view range isn't a sore point of the tank, but it still is the worst of all tier 8 mediums and definitely isn't a pro of the tank.

So after giving all these alleged facts/opinions, you give another opinion that the T-54 Prototype is better than the T-34-3, SP, Panther 8.8, and STA-2. This is a personal opinion, not a widespread or proven fact. Consider that the only advantage of this tank is armor, and armor is largely less relevant than it would be now due to gold spammers, and people learning how to aim. Remember this is a high tier tank that will see tier 10s, who generally are more experienced and know where to penetrate your tank.

But by all means, spend $50 and buy it if you wish. It's your money and your ultimate decision, not mine.

Edited by The_Ghghp, Feb 20 2015 - 00:58.

Code_Zer0_Tw0 #32 Posted Feb 20 2015 - 01:28

Major

• Players
  • 10640 battles
  • [KHA05] KHA05

I have a good idea.

How about we lessen our worrying over a tank that hasn't been officially released yet? There's going to be plenty of balancing changes to the tank, let alone the fact that a lot of the stuff we have knowledge on-paper isn't fully definite. It's a bit silly to pass judgement on a tank that hasn't been put out for sale yet. I still stand by my word saying that it'll be quite a popular premium tank and could possibly rate as one of the very good ones for it's tier, or the best. It's all up to the balancing team to make it good or bad.

The_Ghghp #33 Posted Feb 20 2015 - 01:41

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16048 battles
  • [TLOP] TLOP

View Postshadowhazcookie, on Feb 19 2015 - 19:40, said:

The normal t54 and the 140 both suffer fro, weak turret roof armor what's your point? Then again you'd have to of played it to know that.

It's because the T54 and the 140 don't rely entirely on their armor to stay competitive. While the T-54 Prototype has the same weakspot while relying only on its armor to be effective.

Zoldner #34 Posted Feb 21 2015 - 06:40

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 44088 battles

View PostOstwindFlakpanzer, on Feb 19 2015 - 16:23, said:

Pluss, You know what is coming around the corner. I think my account will be gathering some dust in the near future. I'm not even looking at these new tanks. Not impressed with WG's offerings of of late. or there slacking.

Ecksdeee #35 Posted Feb 21 2015 - 08:41

Major

• Players
  • 17178 battles
  • [WRPCK] WRPCK

View PostThe_Ghghp, on Feb 20 2015 - 01:41, said:

It's because the T54 and the 140 don't rely entirely on their armor to stay competitive. While the T-54 Prototype has the same weakspot while relying only on its armor to be effective.

So you're complaint is that the armor isn't competitive and when that's brought up your counter argument is that the armor doesn't matter? It has penetration that is equal to some non prem tier 8s so your "low penetration" argument is moot. If anything it's currently overpowered as a premium tank since it is equivalent to some other tier 8 mediums

Kanmuru #36 Posted Feb 21 2015 - 08:46

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 14778 battles

View PostAmberpaw, on Feb 18 2015 - 22:27, said:

The CDC exists, and will be the best buy of the new releases until they have nerfed it to oblivion or choose to delay the release. Really looking forward to it.

Strike_Witch_Tomoko #37 Posted Feb 21 2015 - 15:53

Major

• Players
  • 15574 battles

View PostKanmuru, on Feb 21 2015 - 00:46, said:

The CDC exists, and will be the best buy of the new releases until they have nerfed it to oblivion or choose to delay the release. Really looking forward to it.

true true. keep forgetting about that devil.

FCM 50t kinda overshadows it xD

The_Ghghp #38 Posted Feb 21 2015 - 18:22

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16048 battles
  • [TLOP] TLOP

View Postshadowhazcookie, on Feb 21 2015 - 07:41, said:

So you're complaint is that the armor isn't competitive and when that's brought up your counter argument is that the armor doesn't matter? It has penetration that is equal to some non prem tier 8s so your "low penetration" argument is moot. If anything it's currently overpowered as a premium tank since it is equivalent to some other tier 8 mediums

The problem with the gun, for the millionth time, is not only the low penetration. Your argument that the low penetration is irrelevant because it is equal to some tier 8 mediums (only one in this case, the T-44) is invalid, because if you have not read anything else in my posts, you would not see that everything else about the gun is mediocre/average at best. Think about the 2.6 aim time, the 7.41 ROF leading to 1800 DPM, the -6 gun depression, the average 250 alpha, and lack of pref mm AND the lack of the ability to flank like a medium. The low penetration is only one out of many mediocre factors that create an ultimately poor gun. The object 140 and T-54 have rather good armor as well, but they also have excellent mobility and an excellent gun to compete with as well. The T-54 Prototype simply does not have their level of firepower and speed, it is FAR from it.

Edited by The_Ghghp, Feb 21 2015 - 18:27.

Bear_Killer #39 Posted Feb 21 2015 - 20:19

Captain

• Players
  • 30039 battles

the 175 mm pen kills it for me if it sees tier X games.

H3LL the type 59 gets 181 penn and is limited to tier 9.

__SNIPER__74 #40 Posted Feb 21 2015 - 21:07

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25383 battles
  • [F--H] F--H

ill buy two to make up for whiny skreb

soviet tank stronk, op weak

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users