• 61074 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER
Removed.

Edited by Katukov, Feb 28 2015 - 06:03.

Kamikaze_Squirrel #42 Posted Feb 20 2015 - 03:17

Sergeant

• Players
  • 26414 battles
It would require additional support from Wargaming of course, but I wonder what people think of having these kind of events more in line with the Mini-campaigns?  Not that they become such campaigns, but specifically that the participating clans use an entirely different CW map from the main one.  Perhaps even a map specifically designed in both overall provinces and game maps to encourage as much creativity in tactics and strategy as we can get?  This would have the side benefit of shaking up the main CW map when participating clans leave in order to occupy the event map, and again when the war is over and clans are looking to get back onto the main while others are trying to hold their recent gains.

Edited by Kamikaze_Squirrel, Feb 20 2015 - 03:17.

Ubuntu #43 Posted Feb 20 2015 - 03:28

Captain

• Players
  • 26557 battles
I think all the clans on the winning side deserve "sheriff accounts" for some period after the event. Even if it is only a weekend.

ninjafroggie #44 Posted Feb 20 2015 - 05:51

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 22130 battles

View PostUbuntu, on Feb 19 2015 - 21:28, said:

I think all the clans on the winning side deserve "sheriff accounts" for some period after the event. Even if it is only a weekend.

I think that might be going too far, but I like where your head's at.  A tangible reward other than gold would be awesome, especially since most of the involved clans are normally farming more gold from the map than they stand to gain if they win. 

Edited by ninjafroggie, Feb 20 2015 - 05:54.

_Simpy_ #45 Posted Feb 20 2015 - 06:13

Corporal

• Players
  • 36903 battles

I would find it interesting if WG made it possible to have the HQs for the next event be on a map such as Ghost Town that isn't part of the regular CW rotation (and isn't even part of the pub rotation), to add another little curvewrench to the mix where the HQ battles would be a completely fresh experience.   With Ghost Town being supposedly equally balanced  that *may* mean no inherent attack/defense advantage in battles on that map (if in fact symmetrical = perfectly balanced with no attack/defense advantage, which I'm not sure if it does).    Don't know if it is big enough for a 15 v 15 however.    

Anyway, the point being that battles for the HQs would involve a unique, brand new variable.     

bulldog1986 #46 Posted Feb 20 2015 - 06:15

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 33375 battles
  • [ESPRT] ESPRT

View PostMawderator, on Feb 19 2015 - 16:41, said:

Friendly reminder that Bulba offered to join the North team for their final pick when we saw how stacked the teams were.

Friendly reminder that Bulba needs to remember to register next time, wargaming would have laughed at you if they were running this event and you showed up at draft day to say you changed your mind.

lamplight #47 Posted Feb 20 2015 - 06:22

Captain

• Players
  • 23882 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

From an outsider's perspective, the event has gone about as well as one could hope, minus the team selection. It has not been a close fight and that was pretty clear from the very beginning of the draft. A bit disappointing, but certainly the event is still awesome and one that I am paying close attention too. 

The structure is brilliant, but the teams need to be created fairly next time. 

Dirg #48 Posted Feb 20 2015 - 06:37

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25935 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

I cant say a "point" system would be my choice. Play for blood dodgeball style,

1.Set your map, players can ONLY use the territories in the event no occupying others out of bounds is allowed. Like Dodgeball out of bounds and your out, hit mapself button.

2. Game lasts 2weeks give a day off a week maybe 2 if you must but that is it.

3. Landing zones are how you get a team back on map. If 1 side owns all landing zones that are "inbounds" 1 clan from that team can try to chip back onto map from a landing zone the next evening.

4. After 2 weeks whichever team has the most clans on map wins.

Just a suggestion on other ways to view this kind of thing. South hangs on for 2 more days and the event dies, strangled in its own ruleset much like WGings crapaigns.

Mawderator #49 Posted Feb 20 2015 - 07:44

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13845 battles
  • [BULBA] BULBA

View Postbulldog1986, on Feb 19 2015 - 23:15, said:

Friendly reminder that Bulba needs to remember to register next time, wargaming would have laughed at you if they were running this event and you showed up at draft day to say you changed your mind.

Kind of like how everyone laughed at you when they saw your picks.

_Mandeep #50 Posted Feb 20 2015 - 07:49

Sergeant

• Players
  • 29459 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
>wanting to part of something this rigged? No thanks ibuypower

Edited by _AntThief_, Feb 20 2015 - 07:54.

Cheekyman #51 Posted Feb 20 2015 - 09:46

Captain

• Players
  • 45787 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

So how were the teams for each side picked? I was not there for that.

Nevermind just watched it kek

BarrooM #52 Posted Feb 20 2015 - 15:08

Major

• Players
  • 18618 battles

Aside from us (-G-) kind of pooping our pants a bit, the teams were pretty lopsided. Not sure who or what to blame on that. The idea is interesting, but if you really want to see CW pick back up, this isn't the way to do it. Bring back EU map, or add more LZs to the middle of the map (or both).

- I've never been a fan of trying to do both WGLNA and CW. I've been a participant of both over the years and I think they shouldn't be mixed. I do not like having to break two nights a week for something that is not related to CW (Other than X player is in X clan). If a real war broke out, it's no holds barred. In a real war, you aren't facing everyone's "A-Team" every night. Depth comes into play a lot more.

- Fix the training rooms already. Training rooms should be done like this:   Team training -> Invite clan to Skirmish -> Pick clan (sends out a global invite)   The GUI and setup of training rooms is a nightmare. It should use the same ready system as all of the other battles. Can launch when players are readied up.

Like Peabody said, once this gets to the point of no return, the motivation to continue will drop (just like most CW "wars"). I haven't been able to participate as much as I would have liked do to RL stuffs, but I've enjoyed watching the replays and streams. Some interesting calls and lineups.

I applaud the idea of trying to fix what seems like a dying game and game 'mode'. I get that this was the first stage in trying to breath life back into clan wars. Once this is over, then what? The "End" game of WoT used to be CW but has shifted over to the tournament side of things. Things will go back to the same old same old after this is over. Weekly Skirms/Tournaments and gold farming. The people that have come back for this event will go dormant again (I suspect some have already). I can only imagine what would have happened if WG 'raised' the member cap of clans like so many wanted back in the day.

I'm rambling now, ggs erybody.

Inchon #53 Posted Feb 20 2015 - 15:14

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 24166 battles
  • [ESPRT] ESPRT
Great feedback everybody. Keep the comments coming in. 

lozarus #54 Posted Feb 20 2015 - 15:26

Major

• -Players-
  • 37622 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

My suggestions...

• Unlimited scope.
  • Unlimited time period.
  • Unrestricted diplomacy.
  • Don't have these events in future.

People think that Clan Wars is dead, its no more dead than it was 6 months after it started.

We see one good Server War per year that include several of the top 10 clans of the period.

We see Darwinism and Machiavellianism determine who is significant at any given point.

We see a turnover in clans that whilst a polarising factor, the amount of re-rolls coming through the system is keeping maintenance of top 15/20 clans a not so impossible task.

The current Event has served to underline that this type of sporting event can be won or lost before it even started, not only failing that but one day of underwhelming performance from one side is enough to make chances of recovery improbable.

I shared the scepticism of the event that BULBA did, however it was seemingly going to be something that was going to take place with or without my scepticism so why not... it doesn't hurt me, but the once annual Clan Reckoning might have been wasted in February, which is as far as i'm concerned, way too early in the year.

View PostMawderator, on Feb 19 2015 - 22:41, said:

Friendly reminder that Bulba offered to join the North team for their final pick when we saw how stacked the teams were.

Upboated an apparently overlooked and unpopular post.

TigersLovePepper #55 Posted Feb 20 2015 - 16:28

Captain

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 31108 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

Don't worry loz, I'm sure we can have another clan reckoning later in the year. Maybe we can be on the same side, like old times. WE CAN FIGHT CRABS AGAIN. Gets lost in thought....

Also, I do think this has a lot of potential because WG could create a really great event revolving just around fighting. The difference between CW now and CW a couple years ago is not that the talent pool is significantly shrunk, because it's constantly replenished. Rather, it's that now gold on the CW map is no longer a significant factor in fighting. The ego that comes with holding a gold pot is shrinking as people prefer to make tons of free gold in skirmishes playing [edited]streamed tier 8s. No one wants to compete on the CW map in order to make more gold than another clan, and it's no longer generating conflict by itself. What that means is that fights have to be orchestrated more now than ever, and WG might finally be able to do that with an organized civil war. They might finally be able to offer prizes (sheriff accounts, gold amounts so massive even Bulba shows, special tanks) to incentivize clans to join, and better organize the event in such a way to create fights. 

favrepeoria #56 Posted Feb 20 2015 - 16:29

Captain

• Players
  • 27185 battles
The point is picks would have gone different if they had applied like everyone else. You don't get to decide you are going to join 12 picks into the draft. To realistically include them, we would have had to start the draft over. That is the point. They were given the opportunity to join and they did not.

rwemyss #57 Posted Feb 20 2015 - 16:34

Sergeant

• Players
  • 29813 battles

View Postlamplight, on Feb 20 2015 - 00:22, said:

The structure is brilliant, but the teams need to be created fairly next time. 

I'm trying to understand how a draft is "unfair." 

wril #58 Posted Feb 20 2015 - 16:35

Major

• Players
  • 27500 battles

Every team made mistakes in the draft pick, that's why draft pick is most interesting and very important part of the process.

So next time draft pick would be taken more seriously and teams will be more balanced.

Dirg #59 Posted Feb 20 2015 - 17:45

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25935 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

I don't know esprit and I don't know Inchon so I only have the draft picks to judge from however picking all 3 relics was fatally flawed. Nothing against Relic and I understand the idea of a unified 3 clan team simplifying logistics but you cant think the talent is good enough in all 3 relics to justify it. My guess is Inchons lack of knowledge about the clans he had to pick from.

Something to keep in mind is timezones. Next time pick your captains from fairly evenly matched clans that play in the same timezone. This will at least start things off on a more even footing. 

lozarus #60 Posted Feb 20 2015 - 17:49

Major

• -Players-
  • 37622 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View PostTigersLovePepper, on Feb 20 2015 - 15:28, said:

Don't worry loz, I'm sure we can have another clan reckoning later in the year. Maybe we can be on the same side, like old times. WE CAN FIGHT CRABS AGAIN. Gets lost in thought....

Also, I do think this has a lot of potential because WG could create a really great event revolving just around fighting. The difference between CW now and CW a couple years ago is not that the talent pool is significantly shrunk, because it's constantly replenished. Rather, it's that now gold on the CW map is no longer a significant factor in fighting. The ego that comes with holding a gold pot is shrinking as people prefer to make tons of free gold in skirmishes playing [edited]streamed tier 8s.

Agreed with the talent pool shrinking, its under attack from 3 sides.

• Tournaments.
  • Polarising Clan recruitment.
  • Burnout/Artillery haters.

Block Quote

No one wants to compete on the CW map in order to make more gold than another clan, and it's no longer generating conflict by itself. What that means is that fights have to be orchestrated more now than ever, and WG might finally be able to do that with an organized civil war. They might finally be able to offer prizes (sheriff accounts, gold amounts so massive even Bulba shows, special tanks) to incentive clans to join, and better organize the event in such a way to create fights. 

Clans find reasons to attack others all the time, reasons are usually shoehorned in after the fact, there's very little actual substance prohibiting two sides fighting, other than scruples that change regularly.

I think i'm just institutionalized to the idea of fighting without boundaries.

View PostDirg, on Feb 20 2015 - 16:45, said:

I don't know esprit and I don't know Inchon so I only have the draft picks to judge from however picking all 3 relics was fatally flawed. Nothing against Relic and I understand the idea of a unified 3 clan team simplifying logistics but you cant think the talent is good enough in all 3 relics to justify it. My guess is Inchons lack of knowledge about the clans he had to pick from.

Something to keep in mind is timezones. Next time pick your captains from fairly evenly matched clans that play in the same timezone. This will at least start things off on a more even footing. 

Wouldn't disagree, the reasons for the RELIC pics were experience and coordiation, whilst that's flattering, we have 0 experience and 0 coordination in this sort of event.
Take away our cookies and we'll drag someone to hell, but a 2 week war with rules and margins and we serve no greater benefit than anyone else, not least of all because we're not particularly motivated.

Some of the non-picks were deferred because of not liking the clan, some because they were totally underestimated.

Also tagged with Civil War

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users