• Please log in to reply
177 replies to this topic

RandomDying #61 Posted Feb 20 2015 - 17:49

Captain

• Players
  • 46447 battles
  • [PINGU] PINGU

View Postwril, on Feb 20 2015 - 16:35, said:

Every team made mistakes in the draft pick, that's why draft pick is most interesting and very important part of the process.

So next time draft pick would be taken more seriously and teams will be more balanced.

Yes for example the south picked up a couple, we've been having issues trying to find a translator for Russian in the case of RUS,  someone to decipher Autism in the case of PLSGO, someone to digest excessive pompousness in the case of THUGZ and the rest of the boys in our alliance can't jump so BULLZ wants nothing to do with us.... :(

Also I forgot to mention that there's some really try-hard powertripping snake-sh!ts in one of the south clans but I won't name and shame. Answer: NOT Chai, Chaii, DICE, VILIN or TTIME.

Edited by RandomDying, Feb 20 2015 - 17:54.

Reuven #62 Posted Feb 20 2015 - 18:12

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 28414 battles
  • [F0XEY] F0XEY

View Postbulldog1986, on Feb 20 2015 - 05:15, said:

Friendly reminder that Bulba needs to remember to register next time, wargaming would have laughed at you if they were running this event and you showed up at draft day to say you changed your mind.

Friendly reminder that North picked first and didn't pick OTTER.

lozarus #63 Posted Feb 20 2015 - 18:17

Major

• -Players-
  • 47193 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View PostReuven, on Feb 20 2015 - 17:12, said:

Or PLSGO, best of them.

Reuven #64 Posted Feb 20 2015 - 18:23

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 28414 battles
  • [F0XEY] F0XEY

View Postlozarus, on Feb 20 2015 - 17:17, said:

Or PLSGO, best of them.

When North picked first and chose North over OTTER I was all.. dafaq?  

It's like asking someone if they want to have Hiroshima, Nagasaki, or Godzilla on their side.

lamplight #65 Posted Feb 20 2015 - 18:32

Captain

• Players
  • 24654 battles
  • [SUX] SUX

View Postrwemyss, on Feb 20 2015 - 15:34, said:

I'm trying to understand how a draft is "unfair." 

I'm basically trying to tip toe around lambasting the individual team North Picks 

rwemyss #66 Posted Feb 20 2015 - 19:22

Sergeant

• Players
  • 35137 battles
  • [BULLS] BULLS

View Postlamplight, on Feb 20 2015 - 12:32, said:

I'm basically trying to tip toe around lambasting the individual team North Picks 

I forget the order of picks...

Ubuntu #67 Posted Feb 20 2015 - 19:24

Captain

• Players
  • 26557 battles

why are we still talking about choices? they have been made and im happy my management had the foresight to volunteer us and someone picked us, even ifsome consider it unwise.

but I wouldn't assume it will be business as usual at the end. what clans, bouyed by their success, will be more assertive with the number of provinces? what post event shitpoasting earns a wardec? what strained diplomatic relationships finally crack?

that's all speculation on my part. im not predicting anything specifically. 

BloozEhouNd #68 Posted Feb 20 2015 - 20:48

Captain

• Players
  • 29808 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A

Win or lose, I'm glad to have some tough fights and stupid amounts of cover stacks and offsets without any hurt feelings.  It's been really fun so far.

I like fighting in real Clan Wars better than Strongholds for the Fog of War, being able to prep for a specific map with time to do it, and the chance to come back the next night for some revenge (or further embarrassment).

I hope we do more player-run events like this fairly often and do it again soon.  I have an idea for another event.... here's a teaser... Continental Death Race.

wril #69 Posted Feb 20 2015 - 21:40

Major

• Players
  • 27807 battles

View PostBloozEhouNd, on Feb 20 2015 - 19:48, said:

Win or lose, I'm glad to have some tough fights and stupid amounts of cover stacks and offsets without any hurt feelings.  It's been really fun so far.

I like fighting in real Clan Wars better than Strongholds for the Fog of War, being able to prep for a specific map with time to do it, and the chance to come back the next night for some revenge (or further embarrassment).

I hope we do more player-run events like this fairly often and do it again soon.  I have an idea for another event.... here's a teaser... Continental Death Race.

We could do capture the flag. 10 clans concentrated around and on the flag province and other 10 clans try and reach the flag province, as soon as they reach flag province they win. If they can't reach flag province in 2 weeks they loose.

_Simpy_ #70 Posted Feb 20 2015 - 21:51

Corporal

• Players
  • 40611 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

View PostRandomDying, on Feb 20 2015 - 16:49, said:

Also I forgot to mention that there's some really try-hard powertripping snake-sh!ts in one of the south clans but I won't name and shame. 

:hiding:

rxdolph #71 Posted Feb 20 2015 - 22:28

Captain

• Players
  • 12739 battles

View PostReuven, on Feb 20 2015 - 12:12, said:

Although yes Otter has been doing great I would contend that -G- and VILIN plus north would have been an equal draft phase as Otter + Any other clan on the board and South.

No offense to Relic or Otter is intended : ^ )

Mac116 #72 Posted Feb 20 2015 - 22:37

Major

• Players
  • 30446 battles
This is as I feared. People think we aren't crap at this game.

LordFozy #73 Posted Feb 20 2015 - 22:53

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 25355 battles

So much is being made at this point about how crap his picks and stuff were, but if you looked at it objectively and take out the fact that the points for the HQ's is way overpowered. The north having us in a surround controlling every LZ would be a very good strategy in a long war like this, given the HQ's weren't completely overpowered. 

And again everyone seems to be discounting G to this point, but the very nature of this event sort of seems to take G's greatest strength and mitigates most of it, their Depth. A Team vs A Team at this point gives OTTER that 2-1 or so lead to this point. But G has always started out a little slow and what makes them so feared in a real war without any breaks or anything is that their depth will basically outlast you. But, I would not be so quick to count them out of this just yet. 

Mawderator #74 Posted Feb 20 2015 - 22:59

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 16427 battles
  • [BULBA] BULBA

View PostLordFozy, on Feb 20 2015 - 15:53, said:

So much is being made at this point about how crap his picks and stuff were, but if you looked at it objectively and take out the fact that the points for the HQ's is way overpowered. The north having us in a surround controlling every LZ would be a very good strategy in a long war like this, given the HQ's weren't completely overpowered. 

And again everyone seems to be discounting G to this point, but the very nature of this event sort of seems to take G's greatest strength and mitigates most of it, their Depth. A Team vs A Team at this point gives OTTER that 2-1 or so lead to this point. But G has always started out a little slow and what makes them so feared in a real war without any breaks or anything is that their depth will basically outlast you. But, I would not be so quick to count them out of this just yet. 

Not sure if you've looked at a calendar recently, but it's 2015.

lamplight #75 Posted Feb 21 2015 - 03:04

Captain

• Players
  • 24654 battles
  • [SUX] SUX

View PostLordFozy, on Feb 20 2015 - 21:53, said:

Nobody is discounting -G-, unless I'm missing something. They are -G- and always will be. I'd probably be a bit more scared of OTTER at the moment, but the Guerrillas are a ridiculously strong Clan and I don't believe really anyone seriously doubts that. 

Allu_o7o7o7 #76 Posted Feb 21 2015 - 03:26

Major

• -Players-
  • 20477 battles

One of the things that did frustrate me early on was our inability to secure a pair of top 5 clans to be captains. That had several knock on effects none of which were ideal.

For this first civil war we have to deal with the game mechanics and all related factors that are all out of our control. Those are the rules and everything we do has to operate within them. Focus on what we can control - if we can get through this, we may not have to deal with so much being out of our control in the future. WG RU is watching, if we show them the economic worth of such a thing, they'll get in board.

For now lets try to stick with what you'd wanna do in the future.

Katukov #77 Posted Feb 21 2015 - 05:33

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 72723 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER
removed.

Edited by Katukov, Feb 28 2015 - 06:11.

map381 #78 Posted Feb 21 2015 - 06:08

Captain

• Players
  • 19140 battles
  • [REL_3] REL_3

View PostBloozEhouNd, on Feb 20 2015 - 14:48, said:

(or further embarrassment).

We did a wonderful job with that tonight....

_xDsmote___FakeNews #79 Posted Feb 21 2015 - 06:44

Captain

• Players
  • 14859 battles
  • [GIVUP] GIVUP

As of now, the North has sixteen scoring provinces with the potential of adding three more and the South has twenty-four scoring provinces with the potential of having three less. In addition, if the outside provinces were taken into account, the North would have twenty-three total provinces with the potential of adding three more, thereby making it even, with the South having twenty-nine total provinces with the potential of having three less, thereby making it even. Looking at all of the streams and battles that I could, it really does appear from a spectator's point of view that the North and South are pulling nearly even on battle counts, as evidenced by the close totals of the province numbers. Relatively speaking, the war should be very close at the moment. From a real-world war perspective, some might go as far as to say that the North has a serious advantage in that it has literally surrounded the South side; this often times meant death or surrender for the collective in the middle of it. Of course, it's always best to be objective and unbiased, and in this situation the numbers work best to suit that rather than real-world comparisons. Generally speaking nearly all signs point towards a more even and balanced war than the first two days. RELIC is posing a serious threat to the South, the collective FOXEY, CLAWS, and REL_2 are holding out well on the west and getting successful offensives in, and CHAI and OTTER are pushing up into the middle of Canada. It's clearly very exciting and starting to get closer considering that the South had such a huge province advantage at the end of day two.

However, looking at the points, it looks like the South side is literally "man-handling" (according to well-"adopted" vocabulary) the North, which, as of the past couple of days, really hasn't been happening. It appears as if both sides have been pulling nearly fifty-fifty over the past couple of days, yet that sixty-point advantage that the south side has is only going to get bigger just because they have those completely over-valued headquarters. Since there's really no more need to keep hammering the same point home that many of us have already expressed over and over again, I'll just leave it with this analogy:

At the beginning of August, Cornwallis set up camp in Yorktown. About two months later, the joint-American and French forces defeated him, taking over Yorktown at the turn of September to October. At that point, one could consider the war over. While it's massively evident that the Americans and French completely dominated that siege, if one went by the point system used in the Clan Wars Civil War, Britain would be the winner of Yorktown just because they happened to have it longer before the war ended. 

Anyways, I can only hope that this issue is resolved prior to the next community-organized event. Best of luck to everyone in the last three-fifths! I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of this pan out.

Gyarados #80 Posted Feb 21 2015 - 06:45

Major

• -Players-
  • 14368 battles

Ha...hahaha...how?

Also tagged with Civil War

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users