No Ban on EU for Warpack - what about US?

Illegal mod Warpack banning ban warranting mod

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Thoringer #1 Posted Feb 26 2015 - 02:42

Major

• Players
  • 26569 battles
  • [ANVIL] ANVIL

Some of you might have read the article on FTR about the answer on if an account should be banned for using Warpack. The owner of the account self-reported after another player reported his YouTube. The whole point of the reported account was to test "forbidden" mods... Long story short: EU support confirmed that they don't ban on grounds of use of any mods.

Please, Wargaming NA, enlighten me: what is your stance on that! Also, dear community, what do you think about it?

Zepherex #2 Posted Feb 26 2015 - 02:44

Major

• Players
  • 23165 battles
Well on the EU forums they are not pleased. http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/479767-am-i-understanding-this-correctly/page__st__360__pid__10230527

Kamahl1234 #3 Posted Feb 26 2015 - 02:45

Major

• Players
  • 18396 battles
EU has been dropping the ball hard. And even WG isn't pleased. The illegal mods are stil illegal here, EU decided to use "your best judgement" as their rule.

Strike_Witch_Tomoko #4 Posted Feb 26 2015 - 02:45

Major

• Players
  • 15574 battles

View PostThoringer, on Feb 25 2015 - 18:42, said:

Some of you might have read the article on FTR about the answer on if an account should be banned for using Warpack. The owner of the account self-reported after another player reported his YouTube. The whole point of the reported account was to test "forbidden" mods... Long story short: EU support confirmed that they don't ban on grounds of use of any mods.

Please, Wargaming NA, enlighten me: what is your stance on that! Also, dear community, what do you think about it?

as much as i get annoyed with WG NA.   they are actually good at thier jobs

WG EU sucks and is lazy

but WG NA will ban you if they catch you with it.    

heck they've been complimented as being the best WG team (despite the smallest community)

Thoringer #5 Posted Feb 26 2015 - 02:47

Major

• Players
  • 26569 battles
  • [ANVIL] ANVIL
I would not be either, however, since the clusters are somewhat independent in setting rules and limits, I really want to know if my fair stance on Mods only using the ones that are on the white list is actually the hard rule or if I was just kept in false sense of justice the whole time.

razzi123 #6 Posted Feb 26 2015 - 02:50

Major

• Players
  • 29146 battles

View PostThoringer, on Feb 25 2015 - 20:42, said:

TLDR; 

Dont even think about using Warpack, as it is still highly illegal here on the NA servers.

Thoringer #7 Posted Feb 26 2015 - 02:51

Major

• Players
  • 26569 battles
  • [ANVIL] ANVIL

View PostAmberpaw, on Feb 25 2015 - 19:45, said:

as much as i get annoyed with WG NA.   they are actually good at thier jobs

WG EU sucks and is lazy

but WG NA will ban you if they catch you with it.    

heck they've been complimented as being the best WG team (despite the smallest community)

I undertand that the forum mods stated that, but are these just hollow threats or were there actions? Without naming and shaming, are there concrete instances where accounts got banned, and if yes, how many and how was that "proven?"

Thoringer #8 Posted Feb 26 2015 - 02:53

Major

• Players
  • 26569 battles
  • [ANVIL] ANVIL

View Postrazzi123, on Feb 25 2015 - 19:50, said:

TLDR; 

Dont even think about using Warpack, as it is still highly illegal here on the NA servers.

Hell no, I wasn't gonna. I YouTube once in a while and everyone would see it anyways... But that wasn't the point of this topic.

Superterminator #9 Posted Feb 26 2015 - 02:54

Captain

• Players
  • 7665 battles
WG EU is known for being absolutely horrible in their management of literally everything. WG NA is much better, especially in this regard. They have their own problems, but in this specific situation, it breaks several of the "banned mods" limitations, so it's out.

Strike_Witch_Tomoko #10 Posted Feb 26 2015 - 02:55

Major

• Players
  • 15574 battles

View PostThoringer, on Feb 25 2015 - 18:51, said:

I undertand that the forum mods stated that, but are these just hollow threats or were there actions? Without naming and shaming, are there concrete instances where accounts got banned, and if yes, how many and how was that "proven?"

if you give them proof. they take action pretty reliably.

for example, you livestream with it...or (PLSGO should listen to this)  upload a video bragging about how you mapped a clan.  while not realizing warpack is shown in the video.

heck, WG NA is reliably enough that if you give them a replay you found on wotreplays.  they can look for signs of warpack use.    its harder for them to work like that. but they can    (the autolock on.  players tend to shake slightly when aiming.   a bot aims smooth with no up down shaking when following targets)

WG NA is good.   my problem with them is that...well ALOT of the time it feels like our input to the forums here have no impact on the devs as we feel ignored.

recently though it seems its because WG devs don't look at forum threads unless they in the feedback section....

Thoringer #11 Posted Feb 26 2015 - 02:58

Major

• Players
  • 26569 battles
  • [ANVIL] ANVIL

View PostSuperterminator, on Feb 25 2015 - 19:54, said:

WG EU is known for being absolutely horrible in their management of literally everything. WG NA is much better, especially in this regard. They have their own problems, but in this specific situation, it breaks several of the "banned mods" limitations, so it's out.

Fun fact: they had a How to: Mods video once talking about not using illegal mods before we had official rules and I called them out on it. It took them about 8 months to come up with rules on this forum. Don't get me wrong, rather late than never, however, the forum mods are not the support mods - from my understanding - and the question remains: do people actually get banned?

BladedPheonix #12 Posted Feb 26 2015 - 03:02

Major

• Players
  • 43528 battles
  • [KKREW] KKREW

View PostThoringer, on Feb 25 2015 - 19:51, said:

The no naming and shaming is probably the biggest problem WG did.

Many in the WOT gaming community think it would be a good idea to have a wall of shame and a list of players and what they did to get banned to make others think twice before doing the same similar actions or something worse. Problem is WG could technically be sued for decimation of character, which if they read their own contract, I believe it says they can't be sued, but still they insist it's a bad idea and to high of a risk.:sceptic:

WG mods usually give out warning, at least 2 before slapping on a  ban. But I do know if you have any brains, you don't ever use public chat in-game-garage because you could get banned for the silliest things.

Edited by BladedPheonix, Feb 26 2015 - 03:03.

ODAAT_chatbanned #13 Posted Feb 26 2015 - 03:07

Major

• Players
  • 70615 battles
the only way you can get caught is to post a screenshot, replay, or stream yourself using it.  it is illegal in this country for them to scan your computer without your permission.  its obvious when people are using it when you know what to look for.  and it's not always "warpack" per se, it can be macros, foilage removers, stuff like that.  also when 4 straight shots take a crew or module its not hard to figure out what's going on

Da_Shot #14 Posted Feb 26 2015 - 03:10

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 8102 battles

Look everyone knows that WG can't do squat to detect the [Mod that must not be named] they just like to pretend to... I've known someone in RL who ran it 24/7 and hes never been once detected and he never will he used it to get a nice 62% W/R and + 2800 WN7 and basically stopped playing because of how bored he was and not wanting to keep paying to keep the warpack up to date to maintain those stats...

But other then that? Nothing was going to stop him using it to massive advantage.

WG mods just prefer to rely on the ignorance of certain people who blindly spout useless crap like "You can't hack WoT its server side herpa derpa dooooo!!!!" as those idiots are basically the first line of defense against more people realizing that there is next to nothing WG does to detect or stop illegal mod usage in game.

Does the game check your client when you start it with any check sum? Nope there you go there is literally NOTHING being done to stop cheats and if your one of the people who think that its not rampant I would like to say good for you it must be nice to live in your ignorance of how people work and please don't ever leave your shell... because the real world will break you.

AesBinz #15 Posted Feb 26 2015 - 03:37

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27679 battles
  • [GROOT] GROOT
Even if WG can't detect illegal mods, as long as they are trying to detect or punish people using illegal mods then I'm OK with it, but I'm waiting for official stance of NA support about this one and that will determine if I'm gonna still play this game or switch to other games specially lot of MMO's out there and some are good upcoming ones.

Thoringer #16 Posted Feb 26 2015 - 03:53

Major

• Players
  • 26569 battles
  • [ANVIL] ANVIL

View PostDa_Shot, on Feb 25 2015 - 20:10, said:

Look everyone knows that WG can't do squat to detect the [Mod that must not be named] they just like to pretend to... I've known someone in RL who ran it 24/7 and hes never been once detected and he never will he used it to get a nice 62% W/R and + 2800 WN7 and basically stopped playing because of how bored he was and not wanting to keep paying to keep the warpack up to date to maintain those stats...

But other then that? Nothing was going to stop him using it to massive advantage.

WG mods just prefer to rely on the ignorance of certain people who blindly spout useless crap like "You can't hack WoT its server side herpa derpa dooooo!!!!" as those idiots are basically the first line of defense against more people realizing that there is next to nothing WG does to detect or stop illegal mod usage in game.

Does the game check your client when you start it with any check sum? Nope there you go there is literally NOTHING being done to stop cheats and if your one of the people who think that its not rampant I would like to say good for you it must be nice to live in your ignorance of how people work and please don't ever leave your shell... because the real world will break you.

As long as I don't see a clear counter-statement from Wargaming NA, I have the feeling that this is all too true.

Kamahl1234 #17 Posted Feb 26 2015 - 04:30

Major

• Players
  • 18396 battles

View PostDa_Shot, on Feb 26 2015 - 02:10, said:

You do realize that there are "tells" to warpack use, right? Just because he wasn't caught doesn't me he wouldn't have been. If nobody reports it, then nobody checks it out.

I too have known warpack users, and almost all had been banned, and they were also not foolish enough to post evidence. Just because WG doesn't show a banned user list, doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

I also know it's not rampant, or else there wouldn't be soo many average or below players. 

Not to mention that the pack makers are profiting off of this, so checksums and other validation of mods wouldn't work too well, as they'd find a way to spoof. Does this mean "all clear"? Nope. It's like anything IRL that's illegal, you are technically free to do so, but you know full well it's not allowed, and if caught, you will face punishment.

IMO, it's not worthwhile, due to time/money spent on this game, and to lose all that because I was silly enough to cheat? NTY. 

lightball20 #18 Posted Feb 26 2015 - 04:45

Major

• Players
  • 29909 battles
  • [R3TRO] R3TRO

View Postjonny_ringo, on Feb 25 2015 - 18:07, said:

the only way you can get caught is to post a screenshot, replay, or stream yourself using it.  it is illegal in this country for them to scan your computer without your permission.  its obvious when people are using it when you know what to look for.  and it's not always "warpack" per se, it can be macros, foilage removers, stuff like that.  also when 4 straight shots take a crew or module its not hard to figure out what's going on

It is legal to use a mod that shows where all the crew/modules are located on tanks in addition to many people already knowing where they are.

Kamahl1234 #19 Posted Feb 26 2015 - 05:07

Major

• Players
  • 18396 battles

View Postlightball20, on Feb 26 2015 - 03:45, said:

It is legal to use a mod that shows where all the crew/modules are located on tanks in addition to many people already knowing where they are.

But the 3D one is illegal. Which IIRC, is the one the pack uses.

Thoringer #20 Posted Feb 26 2015 - 23:22

Major

• Players
  • 26569 battles
  • [ANVIL] ANVIL

View PostKamahl1234, on Feb 25 2015 - 22:07, said:

But the 3D one is illegal. Which IIRC, is the one the pack uses.

Which in return is a moot point if it does not result in sanctions. So, are there any?

Also tagged with Illegal mod, Warpack, banning, ban, warranting, mod

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users