Multiple issues on my laptop (Pavilion dv7, i720)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

bigmouse #1 Posted Jun 10 2011 - 07:17

Sergeant

• Players
  • 23921 battles
  • [DHO] DHO
I have multiple issus when playing on my laptop, which is a
pavilion dv7,
Operating System Windows 7 64bit
CPU i720 1.6ghz
RAM  8gb ram
GRAPHICS: ATI5650 graphics card.

I updated the graphics driver to latest from AMD website, verified the installer is not corrupted, reinstalled the client. Turned graphics to lowest, still won't help.  Below are the issues.

1.  Can't see enemy tanks.  Sometimes I can see red dots on min-map, but can't see enemy tanks.  I can always see my teammate's tanks.
    Even if I run to enemy base, and was shoot from all around me, no enemy tanks.  No red-dots on mini map either, so most likely I even can't scout for my team

2.  When I shoot, for a short period of time I can see fire animation.  But after a while when I shoot I see nothing, just the place where bullet landed became dark.

3.  When I die, my tank model doesn't change, it still show a good tank (but I am died and can't fire).  The tracks even still have mud flying animation.

4.  When I exit battle (or sometimes when I login), it hung on "updating modules" screen with cpu (one core) at 100%.  

My ping is fast, stays around 40ms, and the FPS is about 30 with default settings, and over 100 FPS when I turn graphic settings to lowest.

Please help.
Thanks!

bigmouse #2 Posted Jun 12 2011 - 04:31

Sergeant

• Players
  • 23921 battles
  • [DHO] DHO
Finally I think I found what the issue is.  I was doing more testing tonight (instead of enjoying the game on my desktop) and noticed that after the game is on, my hard drive keeps spinning.  So I thought it might be a texture/model issue, and the game is still loading textures or models.  After the game finishes, it stuck at "Loading Modules" as usual, and I just waited for about 5 minutes, and it actually come out of it!

Then the next game, with the same tank (BT-2), I actually saw enemy tanks!
So I tried my IS, and nope, no tanks again, after the battle, my HD keeps spining, must been loading textures again.

And my theory of the problem is caused by model/texture can also be confirmed by that when my tank is destroyed, it shows a good tank instead of a wreckage (because the destroyed tanks model or texture is still not loaded yet).

It is rather bad that WOT is depend on texture/model, so if textures every got corrupted or not loaded, you will not see enemy tanks, and also because of that, you got no credits for scout either even if you are very close to enemy tanks.

And my suggestion to DEVS:  Since I can see all my teammate's tankes, it means you can load a bounch of tank model/textures at startup with ease, and it is very ineffecient to load enemy tanks in game, so please load all model/textures during startup.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users