• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Inchon #1 Posted Feb 26 2015 - 18:46

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 24166 battles
  • [ESPRT] ESPRT

To the Northern Troops,

After nearly 2 weeks of arduous service marked by unsurpassed courage and fortitude, the Army of the North has been compelled to yield to overwhelming numbers and resources.  I need not tell the brave warriors of so many hard fought battles who have remained steadfast to the last that I have consented to this result from no distrust of them.  

But feeling that valor and devotion could accomplish nothing that could compensate for the loss that must have attended the continuance of the contest, I determined to avoid the useless sacrifice of those whose past services have endeared them to their fellow tankers.

By the terms of the agreement, officers and men can return to their homes. You will take with you the satisfaction that proceeds from a consciousness of duty faithfully performed; and I earnestly pray that a Merciful RNG God will extend to you His blessings and protection.

With an unceasing admiration of your constancy and devotion to your community, and a grateful remembrance of your kind and generous consideration for this event, I say thank you.

Im_Pickle_Rick #2 Posted Feb 26 2015 - 18:49

Captain

• Players
  • 19328 battles
  • [DBN] DBN
Thanks for organizing the event to those that did. PLSGO had a lot of fun fighting everyone, mainly because most of the clans we fought were above our weight class (ESPRT, PBKAC, G) so we learned a lot. Hopefully we can do this again sometime soon before farming gold get's too boring again. 

JackQueRudo #3 Posted Feb 26 2015 - 18:50

Major

• Players
  • 25619 battles
  • [BULBA] BULBA

View PostDukeNukeEm, on Feb 26 2015 - 09:49, said:

Thanks for organizing the event to those that did. PLSGO had a lot of fun fighting everyone, mainly because most of the clans we fought were above our weight class (ESPRT, PBKAC, G) so we learned a lot. Hopefully we can do this again sometime soon before farming gold get's too boring again. 

Nominating PLSGO for MVP

wril #4 Posted Feb 26 2015 - 18:51

Major

• Players
  • 27807 battles
Thanks for organizing organizers, I await 50k gold and tournament invite? or how is that going to work

tefftorbes #5 Posted Feb 26 2015 - 18:57

Captain

• Players
  • 15004 battles

It has been fun participating - met some new friends, had a lot of hard fought cw matches, and confirmed that we are, in fact OK. I guess.

I'd like to thank almost everyone involved for keeping the event mostly drama free too. 

Nathaniel_Horatio_Nutmeg #6 Posted Feb 26 2015 - 19:02

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 33194 battles
  • [PLSGO] PLSGO

The Northern troops in their last bastion of hope report that the war is in fact over.

favrepeoria #7 Posted Feb 26 2015 - 19:41

Captain

• Players
  • 31830 battles
  • [RATM] RATM
Now everyone return to your ancestral agricultural profession. Luckily we are essentially already there so it will not take us long :)

BloozEhouNd #8 Posted Feb 26 2015 - 19:43

Captain

• Players
  • 29389 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A

I'd like to take a moment to express my intense manlove for Relic's Third Division (commonly known as "Best Relic"), particularly RollerCoaster47 and his platoon for carrying our crap Ruinburg team in that awful pub match yesterday.

Gyarados #9 Posted Feb 26 2015 - 19:54

Major

• -Players-
  • 14368 battles

This was a lot of good for plenty of people, and I personally did enjoy myself during this event. We found out that some of the things that we've done since the campaign to fix our clan have worked, I feel like we put up good fights against CHAI and against OTTER...once. Others found out that they have some work to do to fix their own issues. All in all, good event, got the gears going for more stuff in the future, makes me kind of miss the big wars of yesteryear as well. 

So thanks to all the northern dudes for being bros. It was real home slices.

Frostii_xD #10 Posted Feb 26 2015 - 20:33

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 26556 battles
  • [LYB] LYB

CHAII pretty much soy sauced the entire time. Welp

It was a good event overall. Thanks to everyone who put in a lot of time in putting this event together. The lack of drama was surprising.

Edited by Frostii, Feb 26 2015 - 20:34.

hellwarden #11 Posted Feb 26 2015 - 20:51

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 25622 battles

GG's everyone and props to the people who put in the effort to pull this off.

Also, Kharkov is bad and should feel bad.

Dogbeast #12 Posted Feb 26 2015 - 21:30

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 18396 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View Posthellwarden, on Feb 26 2015 - 11:51, said:

GG's everyone and props to the people who put in the effort to pull this off.

Also, Kharkov is bad and should feel bad.

Better than Karelia imo.

Event was fun and I especially enjoyed watching battles from other clan's perspectives.  Just wish there were more of those...

tefftorbes #13 Posted Feb 26 2015 - 22:03

Captain

• Players
  • 15004 battles

We have a fair number on YouTube.

If nobody does it before I get home tonight I will start a thread soliciting the best ones.

Mr_Peabody #14 Posted Feb 26 2015 - 23:29

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 24523 battles
  • [SGLE] SGLE

A radio broadcast overheard on PBKAC teamspeak:

To our good and loyal subjects:  After pondering deeply the general trends of the Global Map and the actual conditions obtaining in the North today, we have decided to effect a settlement of the present situation by resorting to an extraordinary measure.

We have ordered our Government to communicate to the clans of the South that our empire accepts the provisions of their joint declaration.

To strive for the common prosperity and happiness of all clans as well as the security and well-being of our subjects is the solemn obligation which has been handed down by our founding posters and which we lay close to the heart.

Indeed, we declared war on the South out of our sincere desire to insure the North's self-preservation and the stabilization of the WoT forums, it being far from our thought either to infringe upon the sovereignty of other nations or to embark upon territorial aggrandizement.

But now the war has lasted for nearly two weeks.  Despite the best that has been done by everyone--the gallant fighting of our purples, the diligence and assiduity of our callers and the devoted service of our forum posters--the war situation has developed not necessarily to the North's advantage, while the general trends of the world have all turned against her interest.

Moreover, the enemy has begun to employ a new and most cruel clan, the Otters, the power of which to do damage is, indeed, incalculable, taking the toll of many innocent lives.   Should we continue to fight, it would not only result in an ultimate collapse and obliteration of the North, but also it would lead to the total extinction of human civilization.

Such being the case, how are we to save the millions of our subjects, nor to atone ourselves before the hallowed spirits of our imperial ancestors?  This is the reason why we have ordered the acceptance of the provisions of the joint declaration of the South.

We cannot but express the deepest sense of regret to our allied nations, who have consistently cooperated with the North toward the emancipation of the WoT forums.

The thought of those officers and men as well as others who have fallen in the fields of battle, those whose best tanks were locked, or those who ragequit, and all their bereaved families, pains our heart night and day.

The welfare of the wounded and the war sufferers and of those who lost their homes and livelihood is the object of our profound solicitude.  The hardships and sufferings to which our nation is to be subjected hereafter will be certainly great.

We are keenly aware of the inmost feelings of all of you, our subjects.  However, it is according to the dictates of time and fate that we have resolved to pave the way for a grand peace for all the generations to come by enduring the unendurable  and suffering what is unsufferable.  Having been able to save our asses and maintain the structure of the Imperial State, we are always with you, our good and loyal subjects, relying upon your sincerity and integrity.

Beware most strictly of any outbursts of emotion that may engender needless complications, of any fraternal contention and strife that may create confusion, lead you astray and cause you to lose the confidence of the world. No shitposting.

Let the Northern clans continue as one family from generation to generation, ever firm in its faith of the imperishableness of its divine land, and mindful of its heavy burden of responsibilities, and the long road before it.  Unite your total strength to be devoted to the construction for the future.  Cultivate the ways of rectitude, nobility of spirit, and work with resolution so that you may enhance the innate glory of the Imperial State and keep pace with the progress of the world.

_Marine #15 Posted Feb 27 2015 - 00:08

Major

• Players
  • 29091 battles

View PostBloozEhouNd, on Feb 26 2015 - 18:43, said:

I'd like to take a moment to express my intense manlove for Relic's Third Division (commonly known as "Best Relic"), particularly RollerCoaster47 and his platoon for carrying our crap Ruinburg team in that awful pub match yesterday.

Yeah that was particularly intense, Roller about lost his marbles

Banish #16 Posted Feb 27 2015 - 02:23

Major

• -Players-
  • 17847 battles

View PostInchon, on Feb 26 2015 - 13:46, said:

Snip

Good games guys, excellent job in making this event!

Here are a few award recommendations:

Mighty Meek:

(Most Underrated Clan / Most surprising clan / Clan with most amount of upsets)

Paper Tiger:

(Most Overrated Clan / Most disappointing clan)

Happy Chipper:

(Clan that threw the most amount of off-sets or cover stacks, least amount of front-line action)

Entertainment Award:

(Clan that had the most amount close battles)

Call Girl:

(Most Active Streamer)

Blinded by the Light:

(Clan with most battles streamed)

Welcome to the Darkside:
(Clan with least amount of battles streamed)

Goliath, meet David:

(Biggest Upset / Most surprising victory)

Sleeping with the Fishes:

(Clan that was off the map the longest)

Hold my Beer:

(Clan that took the most amount of Landing Zones)

Sharp Dressed Clan:

(Clan with the best Civil War Icon)

I'll most likely think of more.

stugger #17 Posted Feb 27 2015 - 03:37

Major

• Players
  • 20425 battles

View PostBloozEhouNd, on Feb 26 2015 - 11:43, said:

Please remake BADGR, CW just doesn't feel the same without our better half.

Darth_Tator #18 Posted Feb 27 2015 - 03:43

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 20866 battles
  • [FGTVE] FGTVE

All trolling aside, it really was a fun event. If the North had been in position a day before, I think the event would have been much closer. In hindsight I think we should have started the event a day later since crap happens, but everything is more clear in hindsight. 

I also want to point out the amazement I have that the North continued plugging away when it was somewhat obvious the event would be hard to win after the third or fourth day. 

Hopefully we can have more events such as this that can balance the teams (think TIME ZONES) a bit better. Great fights nonetheless!

favrepeoria #19 Posted Feb 27 2015 - 05:36

Captain

• Players
  • 31830 battles
  • [RATM] RATM
I think RUS wins the Happy Chipper one probably

Dogbeast #20 Posted Feb 27 2015 - 06:11

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 18396 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View Posttefftorbes, on Feb 26 2015 - 13:03, said:

We have a fair number on YouTube.

If nobody does it before I get home tonight I will start a thread soliciting the best ones.

If nothing else, I knew you guys would punch above your weight.

Having fought you guys down in Texas previously, I knew what you guys could be capable of.

So naturally the fights between FOXEY and BULLS were some of the ones I was most excited to watch.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users