Mod that removes screen flash when hit?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

IronCrucible #1 Posted Feb 27 2015 - 10:37

Private

• -Players-
  • 156 battles

After getting some great assistance but ultimately striking out on a solution over at the Newcomer's forums, I was advised to come here and ask for help.

Anyway, I have photosensitive migraines and, although I have been able (using Aslain's XVM mod) to remove all the muzzle-flash and whatnot from my game, I have been unable to find a setting that removes the bright red/white flash that washes out the screen when I'm hit by a shell (see below for pic; note the washed out appearance of the screen, not the direction crescent). Some of the guys I talked to said Aslain's mod should take care of this, but after fiddling with a variety of settings and lowering my in-game settings to their absolute lowest level, I am still plagued by the screen-flash.

Basically, my question is this: is there a mod that removes that flash, or does anyone know how that could be achieved. I know it doesn't have to be there, as when I am destroyed and switch to view another player's tank during the rest of the battle, when they are hit, the flash doesn't occur. This is an issue that will keep me from playing if I can't find a fix, so any help at all would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance, guys. 

Red flash pic

Edited by IronCrucible, Feb 27 2015 - 10:41.

xtcmax #2 Posted Feb 27 2015 - 12:50

Captain

• Players
  • 5499 battles

try this:

http://worldof-tanks.../jove-mod-pack/

Insolvent_Pea #3 Posted Feb 27 2015 - 12:58

Private

• -Players-
  • 672 battles
Go into your Settings/ Graphics / Details and turn ur post processing off. Should help.

IronCrucible #4 Posted Mar 02 2015 - 07:50

Private

• -Players-
  • 156 battles

Sorry it took so long to get back to y'all. Anyway, it seems that Jove's modpack didn't work for some reason. I'm assuming that PMOD, which is what that feature is listed under, refers to OldSkool's ProMod, in which case newer versions of that mod don't seem to have the option to remove the flash available anymore. Could that be the reason it didn't work?

If anyone's got other ideas, I'm all ears. Thanks for the help, guys.

ACandieCaneKilling #5 Posted Mar 30 2018 - 11:48

Captain

• Players
  • 61166 battles
  • [TRIO] TRIO

View PostIronCrucible, on Feb 27 2015 - 02:37, said:

After getting some great assistance but ultimately striking out on a solution over at the Newcomer's forums, I was advised to come here and ask for help.

Anyway, I have photosensitive migraines and, although I have been able (using Aslain's XVM mod) to remove all the muzzle-flash and whatnot from my game, I have been unable to find a setting that removes the bright red/white flash that washes out the screen when I'm hit by a shell (see below for pic; note the washed out appearance of the screen, not the direction crescent). Some of the guys I talked to said Aslain's mod should take care of this, but after fiddling with a variety of settings and lowering my in-game settings to their absolute lowest level, I am still plagued by the screen-flash.

Basically, my question is this: is there a mod that removes that flash, or does anyone know how that could be achieved. I know it doesn't have to be there, as when I am destroyed and switch to view another player's tank during the rest of the battle, when they are hit, the flash doesn't occur. This is an issue that will keep me from playing if I can't find a fix, so any help at all would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance, guys. 

Red flash pic

LETS exchange accounts lol!

I do NOT have the flash at all & it's driving me nuts cause I can't tell I've been shot/hit unless I come out of sniper mode & look at my hit/damage log.

There's an Aslain's mod for removing this flash, but I don't have it checked off & would kill to have this flash so I can tell I've lost HP cause I'm making choices based on not having lost any and then BOOM, Im dead.

I think; OMG. wthhappened?

Was I ammo racked? NOPE

Turns out, every time, I lost all my HP over 8 or 10 shots but never knew I was being hit, most of the time assuming they missed me.

It's frustrating me to death; literally. 

Any thoughts on this??

If anything, I'd turn it way up so it was so noticeable, so in your face, it would burn my eyes out if they were open really BIG lol.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users