Jump to content


Since it's legal, who has an OTM Reload mod?


  • Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

Lethalhavoc #21 Posted Mar 05 2015 - 22:43

    Major

  • Players
  • 38720 battles
  • 11,572
  • Member since:
    01-18-2013

View PostWizard442, on Mar 05 2015 - 20:03, said:

http://roughnecksxvmmods.ipbhost.com/
Go here, create a user name & password, look through Soulza's xvm mods.
It's not a single mod as far as I know, it's an add on to XVM.
If that isn't what your looking for, they have a forum to ask about mods,etc.
It can be added, or turned off at will, if you have experience with config files.

 

Thank you very much +1

Canoodian #22 Posted Mar 06 2015 - 04:03

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 42933 battles
  • 3,083
  • Member since:
    09-07-2010

View PostLethalhavoc, on Mar 05 2015 - 16:43, said:

 

Thank you very much +1

 

Do you have the download link without having to sign up?

MyDogWinchester #23 Posted Mar 06 2015 - 19:09

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 14138 battles
  • 186
  • Member since:
    12-23-2012
I don't understand mods at all...it's pure and simple, it's cheating and or hacking.  Why WoT allows these is a mystery to me.  It's obvious when you are up against a cheat with mods.  He's got a kill ratio that's way up there, he's hard to penetrate, and he's capable of one-shot kills as if they are the norm.  These players should be tarred and feathered and then put on a rail and shown the door.

bspooky #24 Posted Mar 10 2015 - 04:03

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 15753 battles
  • 79
  • [DOG5] DOG5
  • Member since:
    03-19-2014

View PostMyDogWinchester, on Mar 06 2015 - 12:09, said:

I don't understand mods at all...it's pure and simple, it's cheating and or hacking.  Why WoT allows these is a mystery to me.  It's obvious when you are up against a cheat with mods.  He's got a kill ratio that's way up there, he's hard to penetrate, and he's capable of one-shot kills as if they are the norm.  These players should be tarred and feathered and then put on a rail and shown the door.

 

You may just be trolling but if people put every actual illegal mod on their machine many would not be able to achieve blue, let alone purple Wn8 ratings, let alone do what you are describing. Also if this issue was pure and simple there wouldn't be hundreds of threads on the subject. I assume WG could disallow all mods if they wanted and not only do they not, they encourage mods. Your opinion is different, but it is your opinion.

 

Now, having said that, I somewhat agree with your sentiment. It would be nice if WG was able to incorporate all the cool, LEGAL mods into the game so everyone has them. But some people wouldn't be served by a more cluttered interface, so there isn't an easy answer.

 

Back to the original post idea...anyone know of a stand alone OTM countdown timer? Yes, I know many of you don't see the point and know the times anyway. But it'd still be nice to have. 


Edited by bspooky, Mar 10 2015 - 04:03.


Aslain #25 Posted Mar 10 2015 - 11:18

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 92 battles
  • 3,395
  • Member since:
    07-20-2010
Check this reload mod I wonder if it's showing base reload or.... ?

bspooky #26 Posted Mar 11 2015 - 18:27

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 15753 battles
  • 79
  • [DOG5] DOG5
  • Member since:
    03-19-2014

View PostAslain, on Mar 10 2015 - 04:18, said:

Check this reload mod I wonder if it's showing base reload or.... ?

 

Hey thanks, this seems to work.

 

On base vs doing a ton of extra work to include crew/equipment/etc. I would think it is base because there isn't a performance hit that I could tell. And it isn't counting down 7.62, 7.61, etc. but 7, 6, 5, ... so the precision isn't there. Works great though.



leeuniverse #27 Posted Mar 12 2015 - 13:30

    Major

  • Players
  • 38646 battles
  • 8,015
  • [LAMP] LAMP
  • Member since:
    01-30-2013

I've already checked.....  The Wallhalla reload indicator calculates ACTUAL reload.

Thus it's against the rules.

 

In fact, from those in the know, there doesn't exist yet a version of the reload indicator that shows stock or max reload, which would be legal.

They ALL are illegal, including Wallhalla, because they all indicate a tanks actual data mined reload.

 

Somone needs to create a version that indicates stock or the max/or close to max capable reload.

I would prefer close to max as a happy medium.  As long as the mod doesn't indicate actual reload, it would be legal I think.



Aslain #28 Posted Mar 12 2015 - 14:33

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 92 battles
  • 3,395
  • Member since:
    07-20-2010
I have been told it's base reload so I am confused now, however added it to latest modpack, if it's really actual reload, it would be bad :/

Wacht_an_der_Spree #29 Posted Mar 12 2015 - 19:14

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 4 battles
  • 120
  • Member since:
    08-18-2012
Im 100% sure the Walhalla script calculate with skills and bonus + other extra´s

Gunny_Pac #30 Posted Mar 12 2015 - 19:25

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 35144 battles
  • 978
  • Member since:
    04-22-2011
So this is why I got shot to death the other day in my 50-120...I wondered why the guy came around the corner after so fast after spotting me. He had to know I was reloading...he was not around when I clipped the other guy and had one round left. I decided to hide and reclip and this guy just comes around the corner not even caring at half health after proximity spotting me. Yeah this type of mod needs to be banned. Base reload mod is okay but one that actually lets you know who is in the middle of a reload? I think not.

leeuniverse #31 Posted Mar 13 2015 - 16:33

    Major

  • Players
  • 38646 battles
  • 8,015
  • [LAMP] LAMP
  • Member since:
    01-30-2013

View PostAslain, on Mar 12 2015 - 06:33, said:

I have been told it's base reload so I am confused now, however added it to latest modpack, if it's really actual reload, it would be bad :/

 

I've checked with the Author.....  It's actual reload.  Thus banned.

 

View PostWacht_an_der_Spree, on Mar 12 2015 - 11:14, said:

Im 100% sure the Walhalla script calculate with skills and bonus + other extra´s

 

Yep, it data mines the exact reload a tank has.

And the author has no interest in creating a legal version.  In fact, he chastized me for asking him if he could make a legal one or knew of one, he thinks it would be useless.

But I disagree.

 

View PostGunny_Pac, on Mar 12 2015 - 11:25, said:

So this is why I got shot to death the other day in my 50-120...I wondered why the guy came around the corner after so fast after spotting me. He had to know I was reloading...he was not around when I clipped the other guy and had one round left. I decided to hide and reclip and this guy just comes around the corner not even caring at half health after proximity spotting me. Yeah this type of mod needs to be banned. Base reload mod is okay but one that actually lets you know who is in the middle of a reload? I think not.

 

Maybe, or maybe he just saw when you used up your rounds, or maybe he just yolo'ed?

Actual reload is banned already, but turns out that one that let's you know when the guy is reloading is apparently legal.

Though, we had all thought it was banned given that it's in the screenshot of banned mods.  But, apparently they have decided to allow it, as long as it's not showing the tanks actual reload time.

Even stock it would still give a potential unfair advantage....

 

Personally, I never wanted that banned, or the enemy gun direction mod (which is legal on RU server).

Reason being is because both you can pretty much know already through other means and observation, and other legal mods.

But, both are definately at the line, to some it crosses it, to me "meh"..... not that big a deal, but I can understand why people would think they should be banned.

I have missed them, they were enjoyable to use, made things a little easier, which is really what mods do.  They don't really make you good.

But, I can agree with basically all other banned mods as having should be banned.  Though, I think the Laser mods shouldn't be banned (I guess depending)..... seems more "cool" than anything really "unfair".



mp4beryllium #32 Posted Mar 16 2015 - 05:07

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 3595 battles
  • 65
  • Member since:
    06-02-2014

View Postnuclearguy931, on Mar 05 2015 - 02:26, said:

 

Regardless if it shows stock time or not, how can you say it is "fair" mod to be using? You are in your AMX50B, stock or not, you have a 30 second reload and are hiding, unspotted behind a rock or building. An enemy tank (fully loaded auto loader) pops around the corner, lights you up and instantly knows you aren't camping because the mod he is using says you are reloading and have 20 seconds left. He has a full clip and empties it into you knowing full well you can't return fire.

 

To me, that mod is giving an unfair advantage and anyone else who believes otherwise is fooling themselves.

 

XVM is an unfair mod too. Im gonna be using this reloading mod to compensate for my lack of XVM

Edited by mp4beryllium, Mar 16 2015 - 05:09.


mp4beryllium #33 Posted Mar 16 2015 - 05:08

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 3595 battles
  • 65
  • Member since:
    06-02-2014
repeated post

Edited by mp4beryllium, Mar 16 2015 - 05:09.


Ciel115 #34 Posted Mar 16 2015 - 18:21

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 22752 battles
  • 298
  • [-R_P-] -R_P-
  • Member since:
    04-20-2012

Disgusting. You people have to have no sense of sportsmanship to use this crap. You're the type of people that would cork your baseball bat or deflate your (American) footballs if you could get away with it. You might play fair only if you're scared of punishment but have no moral integrity. WG may legalize mods but that doesn't make it right that a new player has to go on a downloading/installing spree to level the playing field.

 

"uh bloo bloo everyone else uses them" man up you pansy asses and stop being part of the problem. Get rid of your pitiful crutches and play the game with some dignity.



Superyasin67 #35 Posted Mar 16 2015 - 18:42

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 7983 battles
  • 240
  • Member since:
    05-15-2013
I used to but I find it really loses its use when you know the stats of tanks, the exact reload helps but if you know the enemy tank you are fighting it loses most of its purpose.

_deranger #36 Posted Mar 29 2015 - 16:18

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 15281 battles
  • 45
  • Member since:
    01-13-2013

View Postnuclearguy931, on Mar 04 2015 - 19:26, said:

 

Regardless if it shows stock time or not, how can you say it is "fair" mod to be using? You are in your AMX50B, stock or not, you have a 30 second reload and are hiding, unspotted behind a rock or building. An enemy tank (fully loaded auto loader) pops around the corner, lights you up and instantly knows you aren't camping because the mod he is using says you are reloading and have 20 seconds left. He has a full clip and empties it into you knowing full well you can't return fire.

 

To me, that mod is giving an unfair advantage and anyone else who believes otherwise is fooling themselves.

 

I see you keep going on and on about this mod, and you don't understand how it works at all. If you're hiding, unspotted, and get spotted during reload, it just assumes you have a full clip. In an autoloader, you have to be spotted, dump a full clip, and then it will show your base interclip reload. If you shoot 1-2 shots while unspotted, get spotted and fire the rest of the clip, it will show you with those 1-2 shots still in the clip. It has NO IDEA if you're actually on reload or having a full/partial clip, it's just guessing based on what it can see... JUST LIKE A PLAYER DOES. It's not perfect, and you can do the exact same thing with one of those info panel mods and counting his shots.

Guest_Gryphon__* #37 Posted Apr 01 2015 - 01:34

  • Guest

I just tested this mod by going into a training room with a friend in a T92 with a 50% crew. He fires, the reload I'm seeing is at least 6 seconds shorter than it really was. So the mod is not mining crew data.

 

In the config it allows the user to select BIA or Food (if I understand the Russian correctly) so it can adjust the base reload for those,  and it clearly assumes a 100% crew.

 

I cant say whether future builds of this mod will remain kosher but this one seems ok to me.



leeuniverse #38 Posted Apr 01 2015 - 03:03

    Major

  • Players
  • 38646 battles
  • 8,015
  • [LAMP] LAMP
  • Member since:
    01-30-2013

View PostGryphon_, on Mar 31 2015 - 17:34, said:

I just tested this mod by going into a training room with a friend in a T92 with a 50% crew. He fires, the reload I'm seeing is at least 6 seconds shorter than it really was. So the mod is not mining crew data.

 

In the config it allows the user to select BIA or Food (if I understand the Russian correctly) so it can adjust the base reload for those,  and it clearly assumes a 100% crew.

 

I cant say whether future builds of this mod will remain kosher but this one seems ok to me.

 

1. I don't know if you can know 100% what your reload is with a 50% crew, and a bunch of other things added or not.

 

2. I do know that if you're talking about the Wallhalla version, it 100% data mines, at least according to it's author whom I directly asked....

 

So, I'm still waiting to find a "legal" version of this mod.....  Nobody seems to have or know of one.

 

Top gun reload or base reload, both should be legal.  Top gun would be better to have.



Guest_Gryphon__* #39 Posted Apr 01 2015 - 03:53

  • Guest

View Postleeuniverse, on Mar 31 2015 - 18:03, said:

 

1. I don't know if you can know 100% what your reload is with a 50% crew, and a bunch of other things added or not.

 

2. I do know that if you're talking about the Wallhalla version, it 100% data mines, at least according to it's author whom I directly asked....

 

So, I'm still waiting to find a "legal" version of this mod.....  Nobody seems to have or know of one.

 

Top gun reload or base reload, both should be legal.  Top gun would be better to have.

 

Please see my PM.  I cant find any reference to an author called 'walhalla' in the files. The version I reviewed is used by 2 of the most popular modpacks on here and it is by someone called ZorroJan. If you have ideas for further testing that might throw more light on this and help us be more certain one way or the other, let me know by PM.

_deranger #40 Posted Apr 10 2015 - 09:30

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 15281 battles
  • 45
  • Member since:
    01-13-2013

View Postleeuniverse, on Mar 31 2015 - 20:03, said:

 

1. I don't know if you can know 100% what your reload is with a 50% crew, and a bunch of other things added or not.

 

2. I do know that if you're talking about the Wallhalla version, it 100% data mines, at least according to it's author whom I directly asked....

 

So, I'm still waiting to find a "legal" version of this mod.....  Nobody seems to have or know of one.

 

Top gun reload or base reload, both should be legal.  Top gun would be better to have.

 

"Base reload" does not mean "stock gun reload". It means the reload for the mounted gun without any modifiers (rammer, vents, BiA, crew major skill level, etc).  The ZJ OTM reload reads the gun mounted on the tank (this is visible to the player, you can look at the model and tell which gun it is using based on it's physical characteristics) and then displays the base reload time for the mounted gun. For example, if the tech tree data says gun X has a 10 second reload, and you see  Gun X fire in game, it will start counting down from 10 above the tank. The reload could be 9s due to rammer, or 15s due to a poor or dead crewmember, but it will just show the base reload of 10s. It does not "data mine" to show you the actual reload of the given tank, it just counts down from the value shown in the tech tree.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users