Israeli Israel Merkava Magach Tiran Sherman Centurion

• Please log in to reply
682 replies to this topic

FoxArkan #681 Posted Dec 01 2017 - 01:59

Private

• Players
  • 63 battles

View PostLife_In_Black, on Nov 16 2015 - 05:03, said:

Why on earth are Chilean tanks so hard to find information on? Seriously here, I know the Chilean M-51s and M-50s got new  engines, most sites claiming Detroit Diesel 8V-71Ts, yet Thomas Gannon's Israeli Sherman book, as well as a few other things I've seen claim they were Continental diesel engines. I'm also fairly certain the Chilean M-51s and M-50s had redesigned engine decks too, so it shouldn't be that hard to find information on them. Yet it is.

I realize this post is a couple of years old, but i found some info in this subject that may still be of your interest. In this spanish site (http://faroportales....o-de-chile.html) they state the following:

"En el M-51, se decide instalar un diesel Detroit 8V71 TA con sistema After Cooler, importados por la empresa Jaras S.A. Dada la zona en que operan (desierto de Atacama), se le adapta un radiador diseñado en Chile por Radiadores Gallardo."

So, a  Detroit 8V71 TA with a After Cooler system, and also a chilean designed new radiator due to the harsh conditions this tanks faced on they ops area, the Atacama desert.

Edited by FoxArkan, Dec 01 2017 - 02:00.

tanopasman62 #682 Posted Dec 01 2017 - 02:02

Major

• -Players-
  • 15059 battles
We have enough clone tanks with the Chinese tech tree, NO.

Life_In_Black #683 Posted Dec 01 2017 - 02:37

Major

• Players
  • 24845 battles
  • [KGS] KGS

View PostFoxArkan, on Nov 30 2017 - 19:59, said:

I realize this post is a couple of years old, but i found some info in this subject that may still be of your interest. In this spanish site (http://faroportales....o-de-chile.html) they state the following:

"En el M-51, se decide instalar un diesel Detroit 8V71 TA con sistema After Cooler, importados por la empresa Jaras S.A. Dada la zona en que operan (desierto de Atacama), se le adapta un radiador diseñado en Chile por Radiadores Gallardo."

So, a  Detroit 8V71 TA with a After Cooler system, and also a chilean designed new radiator due to the harsh conditions this tanks faced on they ops area, the Atacama desert.

Thank you, I think I came across that site before and it's not quite so bad now in terms of data. Sadly, Thomas Gannon's 2nd edition of Israeli Sherman seems to have left out much of the information and pictures on the ex-Israeli SLA and Chilean Shermans. Although he does confirm that the SLA had several M-51s, which was only really rumored to be the case before.

View Posttanopasman62, on Nov 30 2017 - 20:02, said:

We have enough clone tanks with the Chinese tech tree, NO.

You say that, yet given most players wanted the Chinese TDs to be released outside of CHina, the vast majority of players would seem to disagree with you.

Also tagged with Israeli, Israel, Merkava, Magach, Tiran, Sherman, Centurion

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users