bigmouse #1 Posted Jun 12 2011 - 05:24

Sergeant

• Players
  • 23754 battles
  • [DHO] DHO
System: HP Pavilion dv7
CPU: i720 1.6ghz
RAM: 8gb

Issue:  can't see enemy tanks in game, when tank destroyed, it is not showing as wreckage.  Only happening

Finally I think I found what the issue is.  I was doing more testing tonight (instead of enjoying the game on my desktop) and noticed that after the game is on, my hard drive keeps spinning.  So I thought it might be a texture/model issue, and the game is still loading textures or models.  After the game finishes, it stuck at "Loading Modules" as usual, and I just waited for about 5 minutes, and it actually come out of it!

Then the next game, with the same tank (BT-2), I actually saw enemy tanks!
So I tried my IS, and nope, no tanks again, after the battle, my HD keeps spinning, must been loading textures again.

And my theory of the problem is caused by model/texture can also be confirmed by that when my tank is destroyed, it shows a good tank instead of a wreckage (because the destroyed tanks model or texture is still not loaded yet).

It is rather bad that WOT is depend on texture/model, so if textures every got corrupted or not loaded, you will not see enemy tanks, and also because of that, you got no credits for scout either even if you are very close to enemy tanks.

And my suggestion to DEVS:  Since I can see all my teammate's tanks, it means you can load a bunch of tank model/textures at start up with ease, and it is very inefficient to load enemy tanks in game, so please load all model/textures during start up.

bigmouse #2 Posted Jun 12 2011 - 07:19

Sergeant

• Players
  • 23754 battles
  • [DHO] DHO
Modify the title to "Cause of problem found" instead of "problem found"

Zurak #3 Posted Jun 18 2011 - 00:43

Corporal

• Players
  • 12266 battles
thats an interesting find. Ive noticed that if i try to join a new battle immediately after exiting a battle i crash, so I wait for my HD to calm down which is usually like 10-25 seconds it really varies. But it seemed really odd to me that my HD even does that at all outside of battle. once the lights all turn on in the garage the noise stops right after. my HD is a velociraptor so its not slow, but not a SSD either.

im not even sure why im posting here, off all the threads ive been reading through to try and find a cause for my hard crashing (this is the only game ive ever crashed on since i built this thing three years ago and i crash all the time on this game. thats a small lie i think ive had two or three jsut random crashes over that time) dont seem to have any sort of official replies though its not surprising since this is a foreign game after all :)

bigmouse #4 Posted Jun 18 2011 - 08:31

Sergeant

• Players
  • 23754 battles
  • [DHO] DHO
Well,I got my problem fixed (temporily). I disabled the windows audio service and audio endpoint service (which means I am playing without audit) and that somehow fix the problem.

Still, I think it is a model loading problem.  When the problem happens, after a short time when I fire my gun the fire gun animation won't display (and no tracers).  And the new patch note states that "A bug prevent tracers from shown during model loading" is fixed.

Hopefully with next patch I will be able to play with sound on my laptop.

Zurak #5 Posted Jun 19 2011 - 06:13

Corporal

• Players
  • 12266 battles

View Postbigmouse, on Jun 18 2011 - 08:31, said:

Well,I got my problem fixed (temporily). I disabled the windows audio service and audio endpoint service (which means I am playing without audit) and that somehow fix the problem.

Still, I think it is a model loading problem.  When the problem happens, after a short time when I fire my gun the fire gun animation won't display (and no tracers).  And the new patch note states that "A bug prevent tracers from shown during model loading" is fixed.

Hopefully with next patch I will be able to play with sound on my laptop.

well i have nice 5.1 surround sound so would hate to waste it :) the crashing may somehow be sound related since every time the game does hard crash when i reboot all my sound driver settings are always reset to default so i gotta go into settings and change them back. i updated them to most recent version 2-3 months ago so i doubt its because they are old...maybe too new

Urungus #6 Posted Jun 21 2011 - 06:18

Corporal

• Players
  • 1435 battles
Try turning off Texture Compression.

By the way, you gave us your PC info except the important part, the video card.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users