• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

Pigeon_of_War #1 Posted Mar 18 2015 - 16:36

Assistant Producer

• Administrator
  • 9799 battles
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A

Hey Tankers!

In this thread, players can discuss some issue they are having with Personal Missions, find platoons to complete them, or discuss tactics to complete them. 

Q&A is welcome, and if you find a bug this is also a good place to report it. 

Good luck on the Battlefield! 

Zerberius #2 Posted Mar 18 2015 - 16:38

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12523 battles
Tip how to complete them without getting mad... Just turn them on, leave them on and don't even try. If it happens, it happens. Don't get mad at the game if you tried to do it for 4 games and couldn't. It's a "Mission" with "Rewards"... it's not a simple charity giveaway.

HondoDuke #3 Posted Mar 18 2015 - 16:39

Corporal

• Players
  • 23896 battles
  • [AMPED] AMPED
Will they be updating the know incorrect text for the missions in 9.7?

eragon0309 #4 Posted Mar 18 2015 - 16:40

Captain

• Players
  • 22643 battles
  • [FADES] FADES
Remove incinerator mission... It's all luck and RNG. 

Lion0 #5 Posted Mar 18 2015 - 16:42

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 37411 battles

I found a list of known issues on the EU support forum.  Not sure if any are fixed yet.

https://eu.wargaming.net/support/News/NewsItem/View/385/personal-missions---known-issues-list

Personal Missions - known issues list

Greetings Commanders,

We are fully aware of the issues you may encounter with the new "Personal Missions" feature.

You can have a look at the following text which explained a bit more some unclear missions or some solutions to fix known issues.

List of known bugs:

ALL / LT-7: The mission description says “spot an enemy SPG and get an assistance in destruction (damage upon spotting / damage upon shooting a track)”, while the current implementation on the server-side is “spot an enemy SPG and damage it by a shot (damage dealt instead of assisted damage)”. This issue is going to be fixed by a change of the server-side conditions.

ALL / TD-14,  ALL / SPG-13: The percentage values are rounded to the previous whole percent before summing the platoon damage, which might lead into unsuccessful completion of this mission. This issue is going to be fixed by a change of the server-side calculation.

T-55A / LT-12: The description of the secondary conditions requires only one platoon member to survive, while the server-side condition requires at least two platoon mates to survive. This issue is going to be fixed by a change of the in-game description.

Clarification of some descriptions:

ALL / LT-8, ALL / HT-7: The battle has to be won by base capture. If the last enemy vehicle gets destroyed during (or after) the base capture, the battle will be shown as "Won by destroying all the enemy vehicles" and not as "Won by base capture" and the battle will not be counted towards the mission progress.

ALL / SPG-5: If the enemy manages to repair the track and gets destroyed afterwards, it won’t be counted towards the mission progress. Only the detracked vehicles destroyed right after this detrack (before they manage to repair the tracks) will be counted towards the mission progress.

Before sending a ticket please make sure to uninstall any modifications, as they may often influence the mission and retry achieving the mission with a clean client.

Also please note the Customer support cannot manually activate missions or assign rewards for them.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

Thank you for your understanding.

Your Support Team

Oceanlord1 #6 Posted Mar 18 2015 - 17:00

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12602 battles

I am having an insane amount of trouble with the 1st TD-14 mission. I have been on this one for about a month now and can't seem to complete it. I have been doing it in a platoon of 2-3 Hellcats.  Keep in mind, my friend and I have a mark of excellence now at about 80%.  How do I complete it?

Also, my friend is getting really upset about the Heavy tank mission where you need to help in a successful cap of the enemy base. It's for the STUG.  He is actually to the point where he won't play any other type tank because he wants to get the mission over with so bad because he hates it so much(He actually did rage quit the game for a long time).  Like me in the TD mission, he has been on this one for just about as long.  He gets the cap to about 70-90 every time, then the last enemy is killed because his teammates don't listen.  How do I help him to complete it?

Edited by Oceanlord1, Mar 18 2015 - 17:00.

Peppybean #7 Posted Mar 18 2015 - 17:11

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22628 battles
  • [LINCN] LINCN

View PostOceanlord1, on Mar 18 2015 - 17:00, said:

I am having an insane amount of trouble with the 1st TD-14 mission. I have been on this one for about a month now and can't seem to complete it. I have been doing it in a platoon of 2-3 Hellcats.  Keep in mind, my friend and I have a mark of excellence now at about 80%.  How do I complete it?

Also, my friend is getting really upset about the Heavy tank mission where you need to help in a successful cap of the enemy base. It's for the STUG.  He is actually to the point where he won't play any other type tank because he wants to get the mission over with so bad because he hates it so much(He actually did rage quit the game for a long time).  Like me in the TD mission, he has been on this one for just about as long.  He gets the cap to about 70-90 every time, then the last enemy is killed because his teammates don't listen.  How do I help him to complete it?

I got this one on my first try... the key for me was 2 pz38ts and the tier 4 stug with gold derp this one shots every tier 4 just wait for decent mm and you'll have it easy

kmanweiss #8 Posted Mar 18 2015 - 17:17

Major

• Players
  • 14718 battles
  • [CRIT] CRIT

View PostOceanlord1, on Mar 18 2015 - 10:00, said:

Sometimes lower tiers are the way to go.

Most of the medium missions for instance are way easier in the lower tiers.

For TD14, the T4/5 area is the best.  Heck, I had a T67 mission where I did 35% of the damage myself.

Same thing for the cap mission.  Take a platoon of 3 players, push one flank, get to cap early and hold it. Don't wait till the end to cap.

sailorboy7982 #9 Posted Mar 18 2015 - 17:22

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17376 battles
  • [STB1] STB1

View PostZerberius, on Mar 18 2015 - 06:38, said:

Tip how to complete them without getting mad... Just turn them on, leave them on and don't even try. If it happens, it happens. Don't get mad at the game if you tried to do it for 4 games and couldn't. It's a "Mission" with "Rewards"... it's not a simple charity giveaway.

That's the way I do it. Finished one last night I didn't even know was started. I'm never going to get the tanks anyway because I don't platoon or play Arty.

DUNDALK #10 Posted Mar 18 2015 - 18:59

Major

• Players
  • 49072 battles

track shots that do no dmg...do they count toward blocked dmg?

CadaverHvyMtl #11 Posted Mar 18 2015 - 19:34

Captain

• Players
  • 11793 battles

Um.  I haven't paid attention to them.  Why?  I do not platoon.

I am logging in daily, for that mission...

mapleleaftanker #12 Posted Mar 18 2015 - 20:14

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 38825 battles
  • [CNUCK] CNUCK

View Posteragon0309, on Mar 18 2015 - 08:40, said:

Remove incinerator mission... It's all luck and RNG. 

This^^

Pooch #13 Posted Mar 18 2015 - 20:19

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 82021 battles
When I got the  where you NEEDED to platoon  that is where the  so called  ( Personal Missions ) went out the window and I stop.

Trifler #14 Posted Apr 06 2015 - 02:19

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 11205 battles
  • [VAST] VAST
On the SPG-8 mission, it says "The sight of heavy tank in the open should make you smile." There needs to be an "a" added between "of" and "heavy" so that it says "The sight of a heavy tank in the open should make you smile."

mt84 #15 Posted Apr 12 2015 - 20:39

Private

• Players
  • 2379 battles

WoT , Doing the Batchat part 1, had 22379 accumulated experience last night 11 April 2015, this morning 12 April 2015 they are all gone ZERO.... whats up.... would like my points back so I can complet part one.... Still 17Hrs to go.... North American Server....

mt84

1geek2kill #16 Posted Apr 24 2015 - 16:33

Private

• Players
  • 15283 battles
  • [WOLVE] WOLVE

my MT,TD,SPG missions are all gone.

it all reads unavailable, even the missions I completed

nice patch

when you fix

RetroMan55 #17 Posted Apr 24 2015 - 17:24

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 68888 battles
  • [DWING] DWING

Okay, like a lot of posters here, with the exception of playing missions that require it, I do not like to play arty or join a platoon - but i did so to win the prize tanks.  Worked my way up to SPG-14, got the Tier 7 German GW Panther and stalled.  I got over 1900 damage a few times, and last night got 1969 - just 31 short of completing the mission that has dogged me almost since the start of the mission.  Very frustrating.  I have done 2000 damage many times when playing the earlier missions by myself, so I feel the pain some have expressed with "road block " missions.  I'm having the best luck with the Hummel and the base gun, with a crew that is 55% into the 2nd skill.

I still don't like arty.  So much so, that after I get the Stug IV I don't plan on doing the other missions.  I would rather just play for fun, I don't think the tanks nor the crews are worth the effort as these missions just keep getting harder and in some cases, ridiculous to all expect for the best players with Tier 10 tanks.  More power to those guys (and girls).

Let me say here, having played arty a fair bit now, it is not as easy as I once thought when I was being 1-shoted too many times.  Long reload times, long aim times, conspire to take too long.  Tanks disappear just as the aiming circle closes in, and often the cursor will jump a quarter inch or so on the map just as you fire -  and it's a miss.  If you don't want to get killed by arty, just keep moving or find tall cover to hide behind.  And if you do play arty, don't expect any protection from teammates against fast enemy scouts or mediums that come to visit you.

On the Platooning issue: I have less than 250 platoon missions - now.  I never really did it until these missions came along.  But I have platooned with my son and his friend and I can tell you the biggest advantage is communication.  Having a mic to talk to the others is so much faster than trying to type things in chat.  That is probably the biggest advantage, and it is huge.  One night we took out 3 members of a well-known clan in their Panther/M10's in our Chinese T34-1's and a won the Brothers in Arms medal too.  Platooning isn't as bad as I thought it would be.

HeMoPh0bic_NoseBleed #18 Posted May 01 2015 - 05:02

Corporal

• Players
  • 30692 battles
  • [FGTVE] FGTVE

T28 Concept mission file, HT-10. Just completed this mission, received reward, cannot start next mission because it says "maximum number of missions started." When i deselect a mission from a different category, i.e. LT-12, the message changes to "You can only complete one mission for each vehicle type at the same time." I investigate further. in the notifications, under the battle that i had completed the HT-10 mission, I see a notification telling me which missions are selected, under HT it says that i have HT-4 selected. I completed HT-4 with honors... so there are no buttons to correct this glitch i have happened upon. thoughts?

Update: Completed the HT-4 mission again, hit the select next mission button, HT-5. Completed HT-5, did not select the next mission button. Now im back to HT-10, does not allow me to deselect its activation. I did not complete it with honors, maybe completing it with honors will solve this glitch.

Update: Im an idiot. Somehow when i completed the HT-10 mission in the T28 Operation, it went back and selected the HT-4 mission i didnt complete with honors in the StuG IV Operation. 

Edited by HeMoPh0bic_NoseBleed, May 04 2015 - 00:39.

CadaverHvyMtl #19 Posted May 06 2015 - 05:31

Captain

• Players
  • 11793 battles
Logged in, saw the mission for the TOG II and was all.... Ooooo. Aaaaah.  Then saw the requirement: Platoon.  Well, poop.

ACCXcon #20 Posted May 08 2015 - 20:51

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 32577 battles

I forgot about this mission.

I was looking at the others and seen the T28 Concept.  You have to do the LT missions I was like I did all that but never clicked start.

That is [edited].  I would have completed it.  I didn't know you had to stat a mission I thought they would just start.

Question how long do I have to complete this mission?

Also tagged with personal missions, missions, campaign

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users