• Players
  • 17742 battles
  • [-BRO] -BRO
No dice mate, sorry

black_colt #162 Posted Apr 17 2017 - 22:33

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3359 battles

Unable to get to work with CodeWeavers CrossOver - XP 32-bit bottle, XP 64-bit bottle, Win7 32-bit and 64-bit bottles.  It installs, updates but crashing when you click on [Play]

The 9.17.1 client installs and runs in each of these bottles so it is unlikely an issue with CrossOver.

Short of installing in an emulator or installing MS Windows through Boot Camp - it appears we are out-of-luck.

With the new client release imminent this may now be a waste of effort.

dstud208 #163 Posted May 05 2017 - 05:45

Captain

• Players
  • 17742 battles
  • [-BRO] -BRO
Since the test server will be launching soon I figured I would give another stab at it. I did find a way of doing it, I had suspected for a while that this would work but I didn't want to go this route because its not very elegant and requires you to do "things" every time you want to play on a different server. But it works and I can't figure out a different way. Ideally I wanted to have it "just work" like the last test server wrapper we were using. Oh well.

Anyways, you can find the instructions in the original post for this thread. Keep in mind that you MUST both rename the library WoT folder and delete the Documents WoT folder EVERY TIME you want to switch between the live and test server, if you don't do this you will delete which ever client you used to be playing on and install the "new" one that your trying to switch too. I will continue to look for a better option, but this works for now so enjoy the test server!

o4kill #164 Posted May 10 2017 - 14:59

Private

• -Players-
  • 2500 battles
  • [-RIPT] -RIPT

If you can don't mind using another login account on your machine, then complete all Inelegant steps on that, but you don't need to do anything every time you switch.

(Steps 6-10 are all relative to the home folder ~)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users