Fadin's Medal - bugged?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

HlGHLANDER #1 Posted Jun 13 2011 - 16:53

Corporal

• Players
  • 11777 battles
Played a game in my IS today.  Came down to just me and a single enemy SPG (4% health left).  I made sure I had only one round left (I was low ammo anyway), spotted the SPG, drove to point blank range, fired, hit and killed the SPG.  Game over and a win.

However, post game the medal was not awarded.  I confirmed that I had used all ammo during resupply.  Any ideas?

edit: Ingame name is "HlGHLANDER" - not sure why my forum name wasn't updated when I changed it a few days ago.

edit2: Just from searching through the forums, it seems a few people have reported this issue already, and the issue seems to occur when the final enemy vehicle is an SPG.  So it may be the description is wrong (and the enemy vehicle must be a tank or TD, not an SPG), or the Medal is bugged (when the vehicle destroyed is a SPG).

gbrecht #2 Posted Jun 13 2011 - 17:00

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 4233 battles
  • [WKA] WKA
I got one on my hummel once, but in a game on my GW Tiger I used my last round to kill an enemy arty piece and won the game, but did not receive a fadins medal. Perhaps killing an artillery piece with your last round doesn't count?

stickjock #3 Posted Jun 13 2011 - 17:00

Major

• Players
  • 5345 battles
  • [USBOT] USBOT
Not sure... had to double check the listing for Fadins Medal... and according to THIS

Fadin's Medal - Awarded for destroying the last enemy vehicle in the battle with the last shell remaining on the player's tank.
A hero of the Soviet Union, Alexander Fadin was a T-34 commander. Supported by one infantry platoon, Fadin managed to capture and hold the Dashukovka village for 5 hours with one tank, and destroyed 3 tanks, 1 halftrack, 2 mortars and 12 machinegun nests. His crew also shot down an enemy plane with his tank's coaxial machinegun

you should have gotten it... have heard of others getting it tho'... not sure why you didn't tho'...  sure no other ammo type was loaded, mix of AP/HE and maybe had some HE left??

HlGHLANDER #4 Posted Jun 13 2011 - 17:06

Corporal

• Players
  • 11777 battles

View Poststickjock, on Jun 13 2011 - 17:00, said:

Not sure... had to double check the listing for Fadins Medal... and according to THIS

you should have gotten it... have heard of others getting it tho'... not sure why you didn't tho'...  sure no other ammo type was loaded, mix of AP/HE and maybe had some HE left??

I had 16 AP and 10 HE at the start of the game - I had gone through all but 6-7 HE by the time it was only me and the enemy SPG left.  I knew about the medal in advance, so I was very careful to ensure I had just one round of HE remaining by the time I found the SPG (I fired the rest off).  After spotting, I drove to about 30-40 metres, dodging one of his shots, aimed carefully, fired, got the standard "chirp" (direct hit, not splash), and it was all over.

So yeah, I have no ideas.  Seems I did everything right - hence me raising the issue on the forums.

Daiichidoku #5 Posted Jun 13 2011 - 17:11

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 17675 battles
  • [RTRD] RTRD
match timer ran out?

HlGHLANDER #6 Posted Jun 13 2011 - 17:17

Corporal

• Players
  • 11777 battles

View PostDaiichidoku, on Jun 13 2011 - 17:11, said:

match timer ran out?

nope, 1:30 left at least, and it was a Victory (not a cap).

Starfirehover #7 Posted Jun 13 2011 - 17:18

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21346 battles
  • [RXR] RXR
I think it might be bugged, I have had 3 separate times I should have gotten it.
Once in a King Tiger
Once in a T29
and once in a Grille.

Have not received it once.

HlGHLANDER #8 Posted Jun 13 2011 - 17:22

Corporal

• Players
  • 11777 battles

View PostStarfirehover, on Jun 13 2011 - 17:18, said:

I think it might be bugged, I have had 3 separate times I should have gotten it.
Once in a King Tiger
Once in a T29
and once in a Grille.

Have not received it once.

Hmmm, very annoying.  I have five of the Epic Achievement Medals already (Wittman's, Oskin's, Burda's, Billotte's and Kolobanov's) - from those I don't have yet, Fadin's seemed like it would be the hardest to win.  So I was stoked when I thought I'd got it.  So a very annoying bug it seems.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users