Is the Tiger 2 good for anything?

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

HeinzStitzvelva #81 Posted Sep 03 2015 - 16:29

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7038 battles

I got a King Tiger as well, and it's stock now. I have no problem earning damage points, even in T9-10 battles.  You just have to learn how to shoot. The gun is very accurate. I do bounce some from time to time, but this is can be easily fixed with some APCR rounds added for dealing with some of those "thick skinned" tanks. But in T8 battles, you are a force to be reckoned with! Armor is good, and I bounce many shells.

HS

ubersoldat13 #82 Posted Oct 18 2015 - 08:34

Corporal

• Players
  • 7044 battles
  • [OARAI] OARAI

I've just received my first marks on this tank, so I feel I have a decent handle on playing it. I would say it's probably one of my most consistent tanks next to the Jumbo. 

BTW, I use the Tiger II as a versatile mid-range brawler/sniper. Seems pretty successful 

Here are my tips:
1) Sidescraping is not recommended. It was a waste of time on the Tiger I, what with its 80mm side armor, and the giant frontal plate. (Even more so on the Tiger II as the side armor does not improve.) Though, it does work sometimes against dumber opponents. Also, any shots to the sides of your tank are unwelcome as it's entirely made of Ammo racks.

2) Instead, if you're trying to brawl, try to come out around a corner with your upper glacis at an angle, with a rock, or some rubble blocking your lower glacis. This makes your upper glacis almost impenetrable, and I've had IS-3's bounce regularly off my turret because...I dunno. Hitler Force field. I've gotten some steel wall medals like this once I mastered it, and I completed HT-15 for the StuG IV.

3) When it comes to gun performance, I can't really talk about that. I'm still using the stock 88, (even though I have the 105 L/68 researched. I dunno. I like the fire rate/cheap shell costs/historical look of the 88 L/71. It's not that bad, even in a tier 9 battle. If I'm able to get marks and a 1st class mastery, it must be okay.) Regarding sniping though, It's german. It can snipe like a dream.

4) If you're 1v1 with an enemy Heavy of equal tier, Use your DPM. You're faster than an IS-3 trying to reverse, so rush it, and out DPM it. You have the health, and even the stock gun can go right through the lower glacis. Same with the T32. If you let those tanks play Peek-a-boom with you, you're done.

Edited by ubersoldat13, Oct 18 2015 - 08:41.

ReguIarLogic #83 Posted Oct 28 2015 - 19:36

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 4981 battles

seems alright to me...

http://wotreplays.com/site/1832093

Edited by mus1CK, Oct 28 2015 - 19:37.

gasaraki #84 Posted Feb 11 2017 - 03:39

Corporal

• Players
  • 7142 battles
 Considering that during WWII, most tankers seeing a King Tiger would piss themselves right before dying. It was one of the most terrifying tanks to see on the battlefield. Now how that translates into a video game, well it doesnt. But to dismiss the King Tiger off of its stats is just plan wrong and outright offensive, the King Tiger, like most of the people have posted is an uber tank if driven properly and by tier 8 if you dont know how to play a tank, then Im sorry, just quit playing and goto something easier, because obviously this is not the game for you. Like most people have said, the King Tiger can pen and kill tiers 10's, you just have to know how to play it, and its a sniper and a brawler, just have to learn how to play it and if you dont have the patience then absolutely go play something easier, because in tanks, you need patience with alot of these tanks to learn how to play them properly, not only that but you need to respect the King Tiger, not on how wargaming handles it, but historically speaking, like I said earlier the King Tiger was one of the most feared and deadly tanks to face on the battlefield, so show some respect in that regards.

gasaraki #85 Posted Feb 11 2017 - 04:08

Corporal

• Players
  • 7142 battles
Another thing to take into account, alot of you are comparing the King Tiger to tanks like the IS-3 and the centurion, those tanks are post WWII, meaning they have all the new mechanics and armor and guns that WWII battles taught us about tanks, so comparing post WWII tanks to WWII tanks is like comparing the Nimitz aircraft carrier to a WWII carrier.......HUGE difference in everything and the Nimitz would treat the WWII carrier as if it were driftwood nothing more, nothing less, so comparing WWII tanks to post war tanks is stupid and should not ever be mentioned again and also,......all those French tanks.....France was Germany from 1941 to 1945 so there was no "French military" during that time frame, every other French tank is post war, so again doesnt count either and as for the blueprints.....there are reasons why that government didnt build those tanks, so obviously they sucked for some reason.

Knumb_Knutz #86 Posted Feb 11 2017 - 04:16

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 31470 battles
  • [74TH] 74TH

Credits and experience for the enemy team.

Good for reducing your credit totals

DeadmeatTSM #87 Posted Feb 14 2017 - 04:33

Sergeant

• Players
  • 26301 battles
  • [WONKA] WONKA
2 MOE on mine. Top tier then do heavy stuff and side scrape. Bottom tier play like a support TD because your armor won't stop anything in a tier 10 battle.  You can side scrape just fine in it. Just keep the lower plate hid. Unless you have the top 105 unlocked keep using the 88. Don't even bother with the first 105.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users