Can your computer run World of Tanks? Check Here!

• Please log in to reply
435 replies to this topic

Zakume #21 Posted Jul 09 2011 - 07:18

Major

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 29924 battles

View Postdaved12, on Jul 09 2011 - 01:57, said:

it says i can't run the game and i almost got my is-7
this site is losser

It says you cant run it on minimum? What are your specs? Curious.

stevebro6510 #22 Posted Jul 10 2011 - 22:09

Private

• Players
  • 650 battles

View PostWarKnight, on Jul 01 2011 - 05:10, said:

Yes hi, glad to be apart of this awesome game...but how in the world do I reduce lag during gameplay?? Because I am getting some horrible lag on some maps and it is preventing me from really being effective on the battlefield...please help  :-(

hello, i know of a program that will optimize your computers internet connection for you. READ THE DISCLAIMER AND FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS

*this is a modification to your computer. do not do this unless your are confident in what you are doing* *i hold no responsibility if you mess this up*

check this out http://www.speedguide.net/ run the tcp/ip optimizer "version 3.0.7 new", the first link. choose "run" the program will come up to tune your connection. **do not make manual changes to your registry** adjust the bar at the top of your screen to 20mbps. check the box that says modify all network adapters. under "choose settings" at the bottom click "optimal" then "apply changes" choose "ok" choose "yes" to reboot your computer.

this does not speed up your provided internet but tunes your computers internet settings for you.

brdhntr #23 Posted Jul 11 2011 - 16:51

Major

• Players
  • 21924 battles

View Postdaved12, on Jul 09 2011 - 01:57, said:

it says i can't run the game and i almost got my is-7
this site is losser

Says the same for me, I'm running a stock HP DV6 laptop.  I'm sure the true gaming machines out there are a lot faster, but it works well enough for me.

jerv #24 Posted Jul 12 2011 - 02:53

Major

• Players
  • 7697 battles
  • [BURNS] BURNS

View PostWOTanker, on Jul 08 2011 - 11:18, said:

FYI-the "can you run it" site says the same thing for ALL games,so,I do not even pay attention to it anymore.I even contacted the main site with screen shots,but,it has not changed.O well.

Not true. I have got different results for different games on the same systems. For instance, my Toshiba T135 with it's 1.3GHz SU4100, 3GB RAM, and integrated graphics only gets 2-3 FPS in WoT and, according to Can You Run It?, falls below the minimum specs for many games, but not all of them! I've seen at least three different results on my laptop. As for my desktop system, I also get different results ranging from "Pass" to "Optimal", and that rig gets >40FPS even when things get busy on the battlefield.

So I have to respectfully disagree with you based solely on my personal experience.

FrankenTank #25 Posted Jul 17 2011 - 05:25

Corporal

• Players
  • 26195 battles
  • [ROCKY] ROCKY
Great link Lady_Athena.   I have a question on game performance relating to Operating System.  Is one better than another for improving FPS?   I was running XP pro and getting smooth gameplay with FPS around 30 - 50.  I recently upgraded to Vista Ultimate.  FPS now sucks.  13 - 30.    Should I upgrade to Win7 or will I still be disappointed?
Will upgrading to a Solid State drive help, or is FPS entirely dependent upon my Video card?
Could the reduction in FPS be a result of the recent WoT upgrade?
Suggestions appreciated.

Some tips I've found to improve FPS on my laptop:
In Control Panel -> Power Options    Choose High Performance
Open your Video Card control panel and also choose High Performance
If you're using a Wireless network try plugging in a network cable.

Frank

markodash #26 Posted Jul 17 2011 - 17:42

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 14990 battles
  • [G_W_S] G_W_S
i'm exceeding everything except normal ram, guess i know what needs upgrading next along with more hard drive space.

Zakume #27 Posted Jul 17 2011 - 23:31

Major

• 29924 battles

View PostFrankenTank, on Jul 17 2011 - 05:25, said:

Great link Lady_Athena.   I have a question on game performance relating to Operating System.  Is one better than another for improving FPS?   I was running XP pro and getting smooth gameplay with FPS around 30 - 50.  I recently upgraded to Vista Ultimate.  FPS now sucks.  13 - 30.    Should I upgrade to Win7 or will I still be disappointed?
Will upgrading to a Solid State drive help, or is FPS entirely dependent upon my Video card?
Could the reduction in FPS be a result of the recent WoT upgrade?
Suggestions appreciated.

Some tips I've found to improve FPS on my laptop:
In Control Panel -> Power Options    Choose High Performance
Open your Video Card control panel and also choose High Performance
If you're using a Wireless network try plugging in a network cable.

Frank

Never used vista, but I went from XP to 7 and I'm loving it. Shouldn't affect your FPS really. Getting an SSD will improve your boot up speed, and how fast your game loads, but FPS is for the most part dependent on your GPU. Try upgrading the drivers with the OS for your GPU and see if that does anything. Also you can try gamebooster.

jotabe #28 Posted Jul 23 2011 - 23:22

Private

• Players
  • 2800 battles
im running WOT with a Celeron D 3.2ghz, 2gb DDR1 RAM and Geforce 6200 512mb graphic card on Win XP SP3

it runs at 8 to 10 fps with all graphic settings at min.

i think this is the bare minimun needed

Zakume #29 Posted Jul 24 2011 - 10:34

Major

• 29924 battles

View Postjotabe, on Jul 23 2011 - 23:22, said:

im running WOT with a Celeron D 3.2ghz, 2gb DDR1 RAM and Geforce 6200 512mb graphic card on Win XP SP3

it runs at 8 to 10 fps with all graphic settings at min.

i think this is the bare minimun needed

Depends from person to person. Some people argue that anything below 30 fps is unplayable, or even for some people anything below 60 fps unplayable. Its all personal preference though.

machk1 #30 Posted Jul 26 2011 - 07:18

Corporal

• Players
  • 1247 battles

View Postvictorma52, on Jul 07 2011 - 04:15, said:

Hmmmm...
Intel Core i7-2600 @ 3.4Ghz
Nvidia Geforce GTX 465
8Gb DDR3 RAM

I wonder if i could run this game... lol

and also i could swear i had only 1gb of VRAM not 4gb like they claim
:P

Wolfrum #31 Posted Jul 27 2011 - 13:29

Captain

• Players
  • 16571 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Although sites like this are nice to do that, I wouldn't really take it at full face value.

And with experience in-game, I think a lot of low FPS even on simple systems are failures in the optimization of WoT.
I have 3 very good systems that play this, and all of them have very wierd and unmitigated spikes in performance from game to game.

There really needs to be some changes in the engine, and changes from our Video Card manufacturers to adjust their drivers according to this game as well. I am sure that will happen eventually. As of right now I have not seen anything in my Drivers notes about WoT optimizations.

-Wolf

SgtGrunt #32 Posted Jul 28 2011 - 08:08

Captain

• Players
  • 11642 battles
Close but no cigar. Is there any way I can get the game to run with this video card?
I'm pretty sure my Ol' PCI slot is topped out.

Features:
                                                                 Minimum                                                                 attributes of your                                                                 Video Card                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

Required                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   You Have                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   http://d1ylr6sba64qi...                Video RAM                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           256 MB                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           256.0 MB                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  http://d1ylr6sba64qi...                Pixel Shader version                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           2.0                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           1.4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  http://d1ylr6sba64qi...                Vertex Shader version                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           2.0                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           1.1

Kristine #33 Posted Jul 28 2011 - 09:12

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 22392 battles
http://d1ylr6sba64qi.../mp_rp_of_6.gif

My crappy computer strangely passed   :lol:

ServiusTheBear #34 Posted Jul 30 2011 - 15:53

Corporal

• Players
  • 76 battles
http://d1ylr6sba64qi.../mp_rf_of_4.gif

lol I just looked at Recomended report and I pass what it needs in the graphics but says I fail cause am a ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2400

Features: Recommended attributes of your Video Card

Required You Have
Video RAM        512 MB 1.5 GB
Pixel Shader version 3.0 4.0
Vertex Shader version 3.0 4.0

Kinda messed up lol

Dr_Doink #35 Posted Aug 01 2011 - 16:33

Private

• Players
  • 8595 battles

View PostWolfrum, on Jul 27 2011 - 13:29, said:

Although sites like this are nice to do that, I wouldn't really take it at full face value.

And with experience in-game, I think a lot of low FPS even on simple systems are failures in the optimization of WoT.
I have 3 very good systems that play this, and all of them have very wierd and unmitigated spikes in performance from game to game.

There really needs to be some changes in the engine, and changes from our Video Card manufacturers to adjust their drivers according to this game as well. I am sure that will happen eventually. As of right now I have not seen anything in my Drivers notes about WoT optimizations.

-Wolf
I think this is a great game.  The Lag sucks, so I dont jump right to the gpu or ram as the performance issues, right concept, cluttered algorythims causeing bottlenecks in your broadband. Depends greatly on the server your recieving the signal from, some times good, sometimes bad. :Smile_harp:

Dr_Doink #36 Posted Aug 01 2011 - 16:41

Private

• Players
  • 8595 battles

View PostWolfrum, on Jul 27 2011 - 13:29, said:

-Wolf

Attached Files

• Attached File   1833m4a_20.jpeg   85K

grego34 #37 Posted Aug 03 2011 - 17:26

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 20435 battles

View PostLady_Athena, on Jun 15 2011 - 02:22, said:

If your wondering if your computer can run WoT (World of Tanks), or want to know what is causing low FPS (Frames Per Second).

Click:Here

Simply type in World of Tanks, and let it check your computer and test it against WoTs requirements. It will give you Minimal, Recommended, and Optimal. (Low, Medium, High Settings for graphics; give or take).

It will also give you recommended components to upgrade your computer to pass the test and make it run WoT better where it may be lacking.

Happy Hunting!

this is a great site and i have been using it for quite awhile!  since battlefield came out. :Smile_great:

wilinfi #38 Posted Aug 10 2011 - 14:16

Corporal

• Players
  • 22641 battles
very useful tool indeed! thnx

Wolfrum #39 Posted Aug 10 2011 - 15:02

Captain

• Players
  • 16571 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostDr_Doink, on Aug 01 2011 - 16:33, said:

I think this is a great game.  The Lag sucks, so I dont jump right to the gpu or ram as the performance issues, right concept, cluttered algorythims causeing bottlenecks in your broadband. Depends greatly on the server your recieving the signal from, some times good, sometimes bad. :Smile_harp:

The latency is fine, I am on T1 and never get above 57ms...I never said Lag was an issue.
The FPS Spikes, microstutter, problems when zoomed and such.

Now however, nVidia has started working on driver issues for WoT finally so some of the issues I experience across the board might be mitigated. As well I never blamed my Hardware because I know it is sound. I was blaming the game engine and drivers running it.

-Wolf

Jodo42 #40 Posted Aug 10 2011 - 15:07

Captain

• Players
  • 7283 battles
Ahem... it says I can't run World of Tanks. And guess what. I can. I mean, I rarely get above 10 FPS on any map (on Ensk and Abbey, it drops to 3-5), but my ping stays in 120-130 and it's almost always playable. The site says I fail, NO, IT FAILS!  :angry:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users