Jump to content


Clans disbandment / Account Hacking

Hacked Again disbanded twice

  • Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

Salki #21 Posted Apr 03 2015 - 18:37

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 15221 battles
  • 796
  • [TL-DR] TL-DR
  • Member since:
    01-22-2013

View PostHappyAuer, on Apr 03 2015 - 10:21, said:

 Legitimate question and funny thing was my password never got changed. So i never got a text :sceptic:

I have different passwords for everything, and worse i just changed my password (which was a strong one) that same day 6 hrs before. I never blamed WG just asked for stricter parameters. Reformating my home PC HD to be safe in case i was infected by a keylogger. :( 

We use Relic Hacks not warpack and aimbots Huck! duh!:P

 

as a constructive post this time, the face you changed your password and that same day your account was compromised makes me think that somehow your computer had a key logger on it. 

Fulcrous #22 Posted Apr 03 2015 - 18:40

    Major

  • WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 30222 battles
  • 4,288
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
  • Member since:
    07-27-2012

View Postskildude, on Apr 03 2015 - 09:31, said:

Shtpost

Gtfo [edited]lord.

It is no wonder you share an uncanny resemblance to orangutans.

 

The phone thing isn't good enough. I personally say that WG should use google authenticator as well which makes it makes it that much more difficult to hack as authenticator codes are sent through a different device (i.e phone) and if you have a data plan on it, different networks.



urnotpaul #23 Posted Apr 03 2015 - 18:47

    Captain

  • Players
  • 27368 battles
  • 1,449
  • [FORAY] FORAY
  • Member since:
    03-31-2012
OH MY GOD THE BOXES we forgot about the boxes.

BluesmanRS #24 Posted Apr 03 2015 - 18:56

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 31203 battles
  • 12
  • [REL-V] REL-V
  • Member since:
    11-13-2011

WG needs to undo that, cmom... its not that hard... Will be good for all comunity to have some protection and verification to those actions. Disband with one click wth?

 

 



urnotpaul #25 Posted Apr 03 2015 - 19:03

    Captain

  • Players
  • 27368 battles
  • 1,449
  • [FORAY] FORAY
  • Member since:
    03-31-2012

View PostBluesmanRS, on Apr 03 2015 - 12:56, said:

WG needs to undo that, cmom... its not that hard... Will be good for all comunity to have some protection and verification to those actions. Disband with one click wth?

 

 

 

if they undid it they would be doing something right. we cant allow wargaming to do the right thing now.

DEADP00L_ #26 Posted Apr 03 2015 - 19:10

    Major

  • Players
  • 25448 battles
  • 3,630
  • Member since:
    08-25-2011

View PostHappyAuer, on Apr 03 2015 - 12:27, said:

 

Thanks and stop trying to poach ma players.  Thats RELIC mains job. :trollface:

 

not poaching, but now i will accept your challenge :trollface:

wh1skybarrel #27 Posted Apr 03 2015 - 19:20

    Major

  • Players
  • 20330 battles
  • 7,644
  • [RELIC] RELIC
  • Member since:
    08-22-2011

View PostSalki, on Apr 03 2015 - 11:43, said:

Have your clan leadership stop downloading dodgy mods and sharing their login info and your problem is solved! One just doesn't "get hacked"...

 

Really?  :facepalm:

Mawderator #28 Posted Apr 03 2015 - 19:20

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 16014 battles
  • 394
  • [-G-] -G-
  • Member since:
    10-07-2012
So now that Rel-2 and Rel_2 are no longer available, how will you name yourselves? Sorry to hear that this happened to you again, losing all that gold and your stronghold buildings is pretty painful.

Edited by Mawderator, Apr 03 2015 - 19:21.


DEADP00L_ #29 Posted Apr 03 2015 - 19:26

    Major

  • Players
  • 25448 battles
  • 3,630
  • Member since:
    08-25-2011

View PostMawderator, on Apr 03 2015 - 13:20, said:

So now that Rel-2 and Rel_2 are no longer available, how will you name yourselves? Sorry to hear that this happened to you again, losing all that gold and your stronghold buildings is pretty painful.

 

R2LIC

Fulcrous #30 Posted Apr 03 2015 - 19:38

    Major

  • WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 30222 battles
  • 4,288
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
  • Member since:
    07-27-2012

View PostVonStryker, on Apr 03 2015 - 10:26, said:

 

R2LIC

REL2 should be available... Although it will look awkward in the midst of hyphens and underscores.

 

Honestly hoping some good comes out of this. I mean all WG would have to do is rollback the clan wouldn't it?

Seems really stupid if any of the data of the clan ceased to exist on their databases if a user disbanded it.



lozarus #31 Posted Apr 03 2015 - 19:42

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 39066 battles
  • 9,318
  • [RELIC] RELIC
  • Member since:
    07-07-2010

We know who did it the first time, we can only assume it was the same people the second time, which ties in nicely with the ammout of effort that a certain clan is putting into spam recruitment.

 

Its not BULLS either, since their spam recruitment is consistent regardless of shenanigans.

 

 

 



Mawderator #32 Posted Apr 03 2015 - 19:45

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 16014 battles
  • 394
  • [-G-] -G-
  • Member since:
    10-07-2012

View Postlozarus, on Apr 03 2015 - 12:42, said:

We know who did it the first time, we can only assume it was the same people the second time, which ties in nicely with the ammout of effort that a certain clan is putting into spam recruitment.

 

Its not BULLS either, since their spam recruitment is consistent regardless of shenanigans.

 

 Bulba is recruiting?

 

 

 

 

 



DEADP00L_ #33 Posted Apr 03 2015 - 19:46

    Major

  • Players
  • 25448 battles
  • 3,630
  • Member since:
    08-25-2011

View PostFulcrous, on Apr 03 2015 - 13:38, said:

REL2 should be available... Although it will look awkward in the midst of hyphens and underscores.

 

Honestly hoping some good comes out of this. I mean all WG would have to do is rollback the clan wouldn't it?

Seems really stupid if any of the data of the clan ceased to exist on their databases if a user disbanded it.

 

in all reality, they should be able to do that with ease

 

but it is WG and you really can't expect them to do anything right or with common sense



angelreaper #34 Posted Apr 03 2015 - 19:48

    Major

  • Players
  • 23611 battles
  • 2,092
  • Member since:
    10-09-2011

It should be a voting system among all officers of the clan.  Aka if a hacker wishes to disband a clan they need to hack all the officers accounts to do so.

 

Some possible parameters to think about:

 

-80% of the officers must vote for vote to be valid

-Vote must be unanimous

-Set time frame for vote to take place

 

 

Also it wouldn't hurt to stop pissing pubs off.  After all you are bound to piss off a skilled hacker at some point.  Player skill in game has nothing to do with their skill set in life.


Edited by angelreaper, Apr 03 2015 - 19:53.


Echo_Sniper #35 Posted Apr 03 2015 - 20:29

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 20398 battles
  • 6,042
  • [OTT-V] OTT-V
  • Member since:
    09-02-2010

Was it really a hack?

 

Once is believable, but twice, that's no coincidence. And it happening almost day to day from the first one should raise eye brows.

While I agree that more security concerning clan management is good, I would advice you looking on your own turf.

 



Kandra #36 Posted Apr 03 2015 - 20:32

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 22778 battles
  • 321
  • [REL_3] REL_3
  • Member since:
    07-22-2013

View Postangelreaper, on Apr 03 2015 - 18:48, said:

It should be a voting system among all officers of the clan.  Aka if a hacker wishes to disband a clan they need to hack all the officers accounts to do so.

 

Some possible parameters to think about:

 

-80% of the officers must vote for vote to be valid

-Vote must be unanimous

-Set time frame for vote to take place

 

 

Also it wouldn't hurt to stop pissing pubs off.  After all you are bound to piss off a skilled hacker at some point.  Player skill in game has nothing to do with their skill set in life.

 

whats to stop the commander / hacker from kicking everyone out of the clan first and then disbanding?

 

best I could come up with besides 2 factor authentication would be to put the clan dismissal on a timer, say 3 days, after which the commander wouldn't have a clan cooldown


Edited by Kandra, Apr 03 2015 - 20:37.


MAJEST1C #37 Posted Apr 03 2015 - 20:48

    Captain

  • Players
  • 24471 battles
  • 1,660
  • Member since:
    10-04-2011

View Postskildude, on Apr 03 2015 - 12:31, said:

Umm how many clans has this actually happened to? Not many?  sounds like the auto industries excuse for not fixing things. its just not worth it.   BTW you might consider using a stronger password than Hax0r1337. 

 

when you reform try coming up a new name like ReRLC or UnRLC.  Your naming structure is so 2010.

 

shitter get out

angelreaper #38 Posted Apr 03 2015 - 20:58

    Major

  • Players
  • 23611 battles
  • 2,092
  • Member since:
    10-09-2011

View PostKandra, on Apr 03 2015 - 14:32, said:

 

whats to stop the commander / hacker from kicking everyone out of the clan first and then disbanding?

 

best I could come up with besides 2 factor authentication would be to put the clan dismissal on a timer, say 3 days, after which the commander wouldn't have a clan cooldown

 

fair point, but lets stop to think about this the only clan I've seen have trouble with this is RELIC.  I'm not sure if its worth WG's time to change the whole system for one clans troubles.

I also have no sympathy for RELIC gaming.  The only motive I can think of to cause an attack on Relic is poor behavior.  If this is the case they made their bed.

This is the last comment from me on this subject...

 

WG does however need to get a handle on players accounts being hacked.


Edited by angelreaper, Apr 03 2015 - 21:00.


skildude #39 Posted Apr 03 2015 - 21:14

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 38936 battles
  • 644
  • Member since:
    05-27-2012

View PostFulcrous, on Apr 03 2015 - 18:40, said:

the troll says whaaaaa

[Content removed.Inappropriate content]

~Moderation Team



skildude #40 Posted Apr 03 2015 - 21:16

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 38936 battles
  • 644
  • Member since:
    05-27-2012

View Postangelreaper, on Apr 03 2015 - 20:58, said:

 

fair point, but lets stop to think about this the only clan I've seen have trouble with this is RELIC.  I'm not sure if its worth WG's time to change the whole system for one clans troubles.

I also have no sympathy for RELIC gaming.  The only motive I can think of to cause an attack on Relic is poor behavior.  If this is the case they made their bed.

This is the last comment from me on this subject...

 

WG does however need to get a handle on players accounts being hacked.

which is the exact thing I pointed out.  I've never heard of anyone else having this problem so why would they do anything when its only happening to 1 clan.  BTW a virus free computer is yours if you'd just stop visiting those warez sites.







Also tagged with Hacked, Again, disbanded, twice

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users