Skins of Kampfgruppe Leofwine

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
71 replies to this topic

Kubana #61 Posted Sep 18 2010 - 02:30

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
thx m8! I only work in realistic( muddy and rusty) look cause i break ma fingaz if i try a camo^^
and i love ur´s, so there is no need for me:O)

Maybe this one is for ure Tigercamo: a SS-Panzerdivision "Das Reich" Tiger 1 eraly version
http://www.scalework...geris33cw_1.htm

Orree #62 Posted Oct 03 2010 - 07:15

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
I just wanted to compliment you on your work, leofwine.  Beautiful stuff.  I've used every skin of yours I can find.   B)

Hezekiel #63 Posted Oct 03 2010 - 16:24

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Hi wery nice skins, but pleas can you healp me to create skins at same you allready has but to a nother panzer-regiment to: Das Reish 2nd Panzer Div.
Thanks for all kindness.
i have a thread in germenTank -> TD.

Fredziosz #64 Posted Oct 05 2010 - 13:39

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Leofwine thanks for the great StuG skin :) +1

leofwine #65 Posted Oct 08 2010 - 01:03

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Thanks guys, very kind of you, I'm really, really glad you like the skins. I may have a PzIV skin coming soon, if I find the time and get my backside into gear! Afterall, I've done the base coat, so it just needs the rest!

I've updated the 'OP' with v1.2 of the Stug in Zimmerit. Essentially I've just added a few more 'dots' and toned them down a little. Bit of fine tuning here and there :)

Ver7igo #66 Posted Oct 14 2010 - 14:49

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Thankyou OP for the JagdPanzer4 skin, much appreciated :)

hehehe...panzer foreskin :D

FroZzen #67 Posted Oct 22 2010 - 00:17

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Looks pretty nice :D // The lines at the Jagdpanzer IV looking good ^^

StugIII #68 Posted Nov 06 2010 - 18:20

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 1980 battles
great skin job for the stugIII I was very happy on how it looks ingame. THANK YOU!!!!
BTW would you be able to do a skin for the PzIII in africa korps color and marking?
if not it's cool thanks anyway for the kickass stug skin!

leofwine #69 Posted Nov 22 2010 - 03:12

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
I realise I've been quite quiet lately with tank skinning, in truth I've been incredibly busy without the time to dedicate to making skins, but now I've finally (and eventually) gotten my Tiger, I deliberated over the skin, what camouflage pattern to use, which colours and so on. Remembering a King Tiger camouflage I had not seen replicated as a skin so far, I set about painting up this;

Be warned! Several images!

Spoiler                     

There is still quite a bit of work for me to do on it, but so far I think its coming along nicely. Any thoughts?

To answer this reply;

View PostStugIII, on Nov 06 2010 - 18:20, said:

great skin job for the stugIII I was very happy on how it looks ingame. THANK YOU!!!!
BTW would you be able to do a skin for the PzIII in africa korps color and marking?
if not it's cool thanks anyway for the kickass stug skin!

There is, kicking about somewhere, a lovely PzIII desert skin, and I'm racking my brains to try and remember where I saw it. I clearly recall a Tiger one, but I'm sure I've seen a PzIII one as well. Might be worth having a nose through the Historical Tank skin thread

amade #70 Posted Nov 22 2010 - 03:17

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 13149 battles
  • [RIP-B] RIP-B
D'you have the reference for the tiger? Never seen this type of camo before, then again I'm not all that historically savvy :-P

I'll probably end up using your skin, since I don't have one for the tiger yet since I haven't found one that suits my fancy. Your stuff is the best.

leofwine #71 Posted Nov 22 2010 - 03:25

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
This is the only example of it I've come across, in all honesty, but I really liked the striking contrast of colours in the pattern;

Posted Image

As you can see I've altered it quite a bit.

Now whether this -is- historically accurate or not, I know not, but I do rather like it, and I really wanted to add something unique for my little Tigger. There is still quite a bit for me to do on the skin, a bit of altering, reshaping the camouflage and so on, as well as adding brown in some form to it (edging maybe? Or ambush spots?), so it is far from finished.

Thanks for your compliment, it means a lot to me that my efforts are liked, but I'd hardly say my stuff is the best. I still use your Leopard skin :Smile_honoring:

Frehelias #72 Posted Nov 22 2010 - 19:23

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
That sure is looking good but it's far from finished.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users