clan wars strategy map planning tactic stratsketch

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

Cyral #21 Posted Apr 16 2015 - 01:15

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9567 battles

View PostDukebarry, on Apr 15 2015 - 18:45, said:

Sorry to be a pain about this but could you increase the size of the entire interface by 50%

What size screen are you using? If I have time later I may be able to make it full size for larger screens. (I'm on a 1600x900px screen and it just barely fits).

The only issue I see is it has to be either 512x512 or 1024x1024, or else it gets blurry due to scaling. (And even on a 1080p screen, it would not fit)

Guest_Dukebarry_* #22 Posted Apr 16 2015 - 04:01

well lets try 1024 and see.

Also what was causing the crashing.

I have to say this is very easy to use and We really like it.

Might be cool if you jumped in our TS next time we use it.

Cyral #23 Posted Apr 16 2015 - 22:31

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9567 battles

2.7.1 Released. Try the latest update, it should have fixed the disconnect issue. (I increased the maximum response time and made ping requests happen less often, which should fix it)

Fullscreen mode will come sometime next week.

Cyral #24 Posted Apr 18 2015 - 00:09

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9567 battles
Looks like I actually fixed the issue this time. Normally a client would be disconnected if it failed to respond to a ping request, but now it must fail 3 subsequent requests before disconnecting. Had to dive into some third-party networking code but all is smooth now.

Scrubnpubs #25 Posted Apr 18 2015 - 03:28

Corporal

• Players
  • 8992 battles

Hello,

I am using Stratsketch quite frequently and I am finding that when I reload a briefing, some of the items I placed on the map have been shifted around and are out of place. I'll then rearrange everything, it "saves", and then after a couple minutes I close out again. But then when I reload it, it is all messed up again.

Is there something that I can do to fix this problem? Has it been reported before?

I appreciate the help with this, thank you!

[Edit] - I have restarted Stratsketch multiple times and I am using the most updated version yet this problem persists.

Maze

Edited by Mazemaster97, Apr 18 2015 - 04:01.

Cyral #26 Posted Apr 18 2015 - 11:10

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9567 battles
I will look into the issue when I get home, is this happening to all items, or just tank icons for example?

Scrubnpubs #27 Posted Apr 18 2015 - 15:21

Corporal

• Players
  • 8992 battles

It is happening to "Light Tank" icons, as well as any inserted text. Oh, and also some of the lines that I have inserted are moving as well. (Those lines are the ones using the drawing tool and the straight line tool.)

Maze

Cyral #28 Posted Apr 18 2015 - 21:53

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9567 battles

View PostMazemaster97, on Apr 18 2015 - 09:21, said:

It is happening to "Light Tank" icons, as well as any inserted text. Oh, and also some of the lines that I have inserted are moving as well. (Those lines are the ones using the drawing tool and the straight line tool.)

Maze

Are they being moved around, or just not deleted/placed. I've seen certain items not being deleted when a map is reloaded but I thought I fixed the issue.

Can you post a detailed explanation on exactly how to reproduce this? Try using the /sync command in chat to reload the map.

Scrubnpubs #29 Posted Apr 19 2015 - 03:33

Corporal

• Players
  • 8992 battles

Okay, so I created my tourney team strategy. I then closed out of it and when I opened it again, everything was shifted to the left. I've taken three screenshots of the map.

The first is how it should be.

rsz_1rsz_stratsketch_main.png

The second is just before I enter the "/sync" command.

rsz_1rsz_stratsketch_sync.png

The third is after I hit "enter".

rsz_1rsz_stratsketch_after.png

As you can see, most of the things on the map do shift to the left. Even after I replace everything, it will continue to shift to the left whenever I reload or use the "/sync" command.

Maze

Cyral #30 Posted Apr 19 2015 - 03:37

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9567 battles
Thanks for taking the time to post those pictures, oddly this was a bug we experienced during beta testing, but was fixed early on. Somehow it has made a reappearance... I'll have a fix out sometime tomorrow.

Scrubnpubs #31 Posted Apr 19 2015 - 03:59

Corporal

• Players
  • 8992 battles

Cyral,

I've done some further testing and I have come to some of the following conclusions.

1. I created a testing map strictly for testing purposes. I added in every sort of thing that you could possibly add to the map. This included tank icons, text, lines, etc. I then closed out of the application and re-opened it. When it loaded, everything was still in the same position. So then I typed in the sync command. Everything still stayed in the same position.

Conclusion: A new briefing did not experience any of the shifting that the other briefing experienced. Something must be different about this one that is different from the other one, even though I used the same things in the briefing, all of the icons, text, etc.

2. I then thought more about the issue and decided to re-create the strategy on a new map, but everything being in the same position. I started working on it, got about half of it done (at this point I had included tank icons and lines), and then reloaded it. When I got back, everything was still in the same position. So I continued adding in more things, this time adding in more kinds of text. I got about 3/4ths of the way through and decided to reload it again. This time, the things that I had most recently placed, all of the text, was shifted over to the right.

Conclusion: There is some sort of error with adding in text, something might be wrong with the text feature that then messes everything after that.

3. I continued to add more things to this new briefing, but everything I added kept on being moved when I reloaded it. Even if I added in more icons or arrows, it would still be moved to in the upper left direction. Everything that was originally placed at the beginning still wasn't moving but I could not get anything else to stay put on that briefing, no matter what I put in, no matter how many times I reloaded it.

Conclusion: I am suspecting that there might be an issue with reloading a briefing as well. Also, there might be reason to believe that when using the eraser tool, it makes anything placed after using the tool shift to the right after reloading. While still working on the briefing at the beginning, I did not have to use the eraser tool. But then when I was adding in the text, I messed up once and had to use it. I would assume that after using that tool, nothing after that would stay in the same place.

So, with all of this said, there might be multiple reasons for what is going on here. I have narrowed it down a little bit, but I still think that there could be multiple problems going on. I hope that this information helps, but I did not take any screenshots of this experiment. Hopefully my explanation is enough, but if you would like more information, I will gladly explain things further if possible.

Thank you so much for your work on this and time in troubleshooting. I really love your program and it is a very vast improvement from MapTactic. I have experienced so many bugs on MapTactic but only this one bug on StratSketch. Also, your program has a much better user interface. Keep up the amazing work!

Maze

Cyral #32 Posted Apr 19 2015 - 21:11

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9567 battles

Thanks for giving me all that information, it seems to be that all unmoved items would be fine, but moved items would sometimes go back to their original positions when reloaded.

I've pushed an update that should fix the issue.

Scrubnpubs #33 Posted Apr 19 2015 - 21:34

Corporal

• Players
  • 8992 battles

Update: Everything is now working fine! Cyral, thank you so much for working on this to get it fixed, it helps a lot! Keep up the great work and I'm sure you'll keep on having success with people using your program!

Maze

Cyral #34 Posted Apr 19 2015 - 22:25

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9567 battles

Published another update fixing a minor issue where users would get stuck on the loading screen if they entered an incorrect password.

Later this week I will start working on a fullscreen mode version, expect a larger update next weekend.

Cyral #35 Posted Apr 20 2015 - 01:30

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9567 battles

I started working on a mockup of the fullscreen mode (for 1080p+ screens), what do you guys think?

Tankster123 #36 Posted Apr 20 2015 - 02:55

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 17418 battles
  • [-PHX-] -PHX-
Hello when the map Overload come in how will you add that or will it just update??? PS: LOVE IT SO MUCH

Cyral #37 Posted Apr 20 2015 - 13:05

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9567 battles

Hey Tankster, Overlord will come when locastan updates his minimaps, probably the day of or day after 9.7.

Guest_Dukebarry_* #38 Posted Apr 20 2015 - 19:22

Like the full screen very much.

like I stated we like to get very specific with spots.

I run with a lot of WGLNA people and there positioning is down to the specific bush or corner of a building.

I think your tool will be well recieved.

I would donate to the cause once the bugs are all ironed out.

Cyral #39 Posted Apr 25 2015 - 00:46

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9567 battles

Hey all, work has started on the next update with fullscreen mode. I am planning on moving chat to an alternate location (probably hidden be default), since it just takes up space and is not really used by anyone.

The updated 9.7 maps are not available as the EU server has not been updated yet, which most of the modders, including Locastan, who's HD minimaps we use, are on. I will contact him and see how soon those maps can be updated.

If all goes well you should see a release sometime this weekend.

Guest_Dukebarry_* #40 Posted Apr 25 2015 - 03:29

Look forward to seeing it.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users