That hit them hard! but no damage?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

Falken #1 Posted Jun 17 2011 - 07:37

Corporal

• Players
  • 11554 battles
Well I'm not sure if anyone else has had this issue creep up on them but over the past few days I have had this happen to me a lot. My normal tanks are T29 with the 105mm and the M4 with the 76mm, both have had this happen so much that I actually noticed it (that is saying a lot by the way) I have fired at and hit several tanks in various rounds on various maps with both AP and HE rounds but they took no damage (no critical ether). I don't mean the shot bounced I mean the shot punched a GIANT hole right in the side, front, back, turret but yet no damage was recorded by the game.
The voice over even said "That went right through him!" or "That hit them hard!" and yet they took 0% damage.

For those that are going to ask Yes it was a hit, No it didn't say "critical hit", No it didn't lag, No it didn't say "that one didn't go through", No it wasn't a tank 5 tiers higher than me, Yes it was tanks from the BT7 to a IS7 and many in between in many different battles and even a few times with my BT7.

boybland #2 Posted Jun 17 2011 - 07:52

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 1234 battles
The only thing a little like this I get sometimes is a delay before the damage registers, sometimes I will think a shot did nothing but then a few seconds later I will mouse back onto the enemy and it will be showing.
I have even had a case of shooting someone and thinking it hadn't killed them and then driving all the way around behind a rock so they couldn't shoot be back only to have them show up dead just as I got there.
I guess the shot is registering but the server never gets the chance to tell your client or something...

soulspectre #3 Posted Jun 17 2011 - 08:30

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 13445 battles
HE can score a successful hit and yet still do 0% damage (either 0 damage or sufficiently minor enough to be less than 1%) provided that the tanks armor is thick enough and your weapon weak enough. Also it's entirely possible that there could be a mix up with the crew responses, we had a similar case during beta with incorrect crew responses to SPG fire.

FlatStuff #4 Posted Jun 17 2011 - 08:32

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 2228 battles
  • [APEX] APEX
could you give some more information, like which tank are you using, what is your usual ping range? Also were you able to shoot consistently before this happened? Please take a look at this guide and see if it helps.
http://forum.worldof...egy-visualized/

linoleumz #5 Posted Jun 17 2011 - 08:47

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11426 battles
I'd recommend paying closer attention to what the crew says. When they say "Critical Hit!" is not the only time that you do modular damage.

The following phrases all mean the same thing (i.e. you have done damage to a tank module/crew):
Critical hit!
We nailed them bad!
Thats gotta hurt!
Looks like that one went right through!

Hearing any one of these does NOT necessarily entail any damage to the tank's hp. Have a look at this to become more familiar with your crew communication: WoT Wiki: Crew Talk

Captain_Dorja #6 Posted Jun 18 2011 - 04:44

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 17863 battles
This isn't a bug. It's an irritating feature.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users