Jump to content


Clan Wars Map Exhibition: Map Madness

clan wars map exhibition

  • Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

8thCH #21 Posted May 04 2015 - 01:10

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 20072 battles
  • 39
  • Member since:
    06-14-2013
we have 2 games scheduled at same time tonight. 2020 est. what happens with this?

Trumps_ #22 Posted May 04 2015 - 01:10

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 24623 battles
  • 370
  • [VOLT] VOLT
  • Member since:
    06-10-2012
DQ'ed for a name... Sorry for beating up the baddies... We will be back, and next time we will read the rules! 

Lord_Helix #23 Posted May 04 2015 - 01:15

    First lieutenant

  • Beta Testers
  • 35709 battles
  • 884
  • Member since:
    01-07-2011

2 games in the some time wth, fix this pls

 

 



8thCH #24 Posted May 04 2015 - 01:16

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 20072 battles
  • 39
  • Member since:
    06-14-2013

View PostLord_Helix, on May 03 2015 - 19:15, said:

2 games in the some time wth, fix this pls

 

same issue , have screen shots

Pollenz #25 Posted May 04 2015 - 01:25

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 35205 battles
  • 1,115
  • [CAVY] CAVY
  • Member since:
    01-10-2011

We (NPC) with RGA decided to set our battle as Tech Draw since is the one that has not the properly time schedule. We'll wait what WG decide about it.

 



Doublewide #26 Posted May 04 2015 - 02:42

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 35168 battles
  • 573
  • Member since:
    01-09-2012

I'm compelled to comment on this "rule violation" in the hope that, in the future, WG's Tourney/eSports department and admins can do the LOGICAL thing and either:

 

A -- Deny tournament approval for a team in violation BEFORE the tourney begins (Harsh, but fair.  No time and/or credits wasted by said team.)

--or--

B -- Notify the team captain that a violation was reported, and simply EDIT the team's name at that point to bring the team into compliance.  (Requires a little effort, but can be done without alienating players/teams.)

 

---Here's what happened:

 

 

Our team captain, mistakenly omitted the "Celts" tag/name from the actual team name.  Instead, he put Celts in the description portion of the entry form.

 

Since we had only a day's notice to find players and create the team, this mistake was overlooked by all of us before submitting the team for approval.

 

Out team was, in fact, APPROVED by the admins, and yesterday we began Round 1 of group play.

 

During our first battle--against a team that fielded 6 or 8 players--said team notified us in global chat of the "violation".  After the battle we tracked down the rule on the tourney web page, and realized the mistake.

 

With no indication from our first opponent that they would report us, and after discussing among ourselves how this "violation" IN NO WAY GAVE US AN ADVANTAGE over our opponents, we opted to play on in the group versus quitting then and there.  We finished with a respectable W/L record for the day and NOT ONE of the remaining teams we played remarked about the heinous "violation", nor were they negatively impacted IN ANY WAY by the "violation".

 

Today, our team captain was notified of the DQ for what amounts to a [edited] CLERICAL ERROR.

 

I and my team understand WHY the rule exists--it's a CLAN exhibition tourney--fair enough, but THERE IS NO ADVANTAGE given to us by way of this mistake.  IF we had, for example, violated tank/tier specific lineups where we ran extra OP tanks, or additional heavies when only a set number are allowed we would understand the LOGIC for the DQ.  We didn't do that.  We put our clan name in the WRONG BOX on the entry form.

 

You guys do good work, Hyp, and I/we enjoy participating in the events you produce, but how in the hell does THIS rule and its resulting DQ make ANY [edited] sense?!

 

 



GWBIV #27 Posted May 04 2015 - 11:16

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 20695 battles
  • 202
  • Member since:
    04-20-2013

Yesyes I effed up... Still pretty clear if you ask me though.

 



Hypnotik #28 Posted May 04 2015 - 22:02

    Web Developer

  • Administrator
  • 16647 battles
  • 1,505
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A
  • Member since:
    01-06-2011

View PostDoublewide, on May 03 2015 - 18:42, said:

Spoiler

 

 

I don't enjoy having to DQ a team, but when someone properly files a dispute, I have to follow through on enforcing the rules. As for why it got approved for the first round... I don't go through the team list looking for reasons to eliminate a team from participating. We'd rather have everyone play if possible - that's the whole point of having the tournaments. It's unfortunate for you guys that this happened, but it's just a lesson learned for next time.

 

View Post8thCH, on May 03 2015 - 17:10, said:

we have 2 games scheduled at same time tonight. 2020 est. what happens with this?

 

When that happens, we credit a win to each team in that situation. When we account for this, the same 2 teams would move on to the playoff rounds.



Doublewide #29 Posted May 04 2015 - 22:28

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 35168 battles
  • 573
  • Member since:
    01-09-2012

View PostHypnotik, on May 04 2015 - 13:02, said:

 

I don't enjoy having to DQ a team, but when someone properly files a dispute, I have to follow through on enforcing the rules. As for why it got approved for the first round... I don't go through the team list looking for reasons to eliminate a team from participating. We'd rather have everyone play if possible - that's the whole point of having the tournaments. It's unfortunate for you guys that this happened, but it's just a lesson learned for next time.

 

 

Thanks for the response.

 

My OP is less about the process and ultimately being DQ'd...We entered incorrectly, someone reported it, end of story---we're okay with that.

 

It's more about the rule itself and the inordinate amount of punishment for a "violation" of this rule.

 

If you truly wish for "everyone to play", then please do something to change this process for future clan-specific tournaments.

 

  • Change the software to BLOCK teams from SUBMITTING if they haven't correctly completed.  Rather than require the clan to be "tagged or named" in the team name, create a field on the entry form that requires a verifiable clan name be entered.  If it's not completed correctly, deny the ability to enter a team at that point.
  • Change the severity of the punishment for a violation of this nature (clerical mistake), and take a minute to email and/or edit the team's name for compliance.  This certainly can't be that difficult to implement since this kind of violation is rare, and I would hope, reported by teams even less since it creates no advantage to any team.

 

We look forward to the next Clan Tourney.



Trumps_ #30 Posted May 05 2015 - 01:03

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 24623 battles
  • 370
  • [VOLT] VOLT
  • Member since:
    06-10-2012

View PostDoublewide, on May 04 2015 - 16:28, said:

 

Thanks for the response.

 

My OP is less about the process and ultimately being DQ'd...We entered incorrectly, someone reported it, end of story---we're okay with that.

 

It's more about the rule itself and the inordinate amount of punishment for a "violation" of this rule.

 

If you truly wish for "everyone to play", then please do something to change this process for future clan-specific tournaments.

 

  • Change the software to BLOCK teams from SUBMITTING if they haven't correctly completed.  Rather than require the clan to be "tagged or named" in the team name, create a field on the entry form that requires a verifiable clan name be entered.  If it's not completed correctly, deny the ability to enter a team at that point.
  • Change the severity of the punishment for a violation of this nature (clerical mistake), and take a minute to email and/or edit the team's name for compliance.  This certainly can't be that difficult to implement since this kind of violation is rare, and I would hope, reported by teams even less since it creates no advantage to any team.

 

We look forward to the next Clan Tourney.

 

Punishment doesn't fit the crime.. We got DQ'ed because of a name, it's not like we cheated or anything or helped a clan progress by throwing a match...

 

A clan gets butt hurt because they get beat, they complain and we get DQ'ed. It sucks but it's on us... I would have been happier with a point deduction, but it is what it is.



Flyguysm #31 Posted May 05 2015 - 01:22

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 14319 battles
  • 27
  • Member since:
    06-20-2012

The issue with rules and teams should always be a differentiation by admins between Following a Rule vs. Using a Rule by Teams. There is no way (no name shame) files a dispute if they had won. With prizes on the line, and them being short to begin with, elimination of a team from their bracket creates a situation to enable said team to use rules to their advantage and get them something they didn't earn, just rule lawyered.


 

Rules are rules, we all get that. Its the USE of this rule by a team to get something they didn't earn that gets us upset. If they had saw the name, reported it BEFORE playing, fine. The fact they showed up short and unprepared, lost, then reported this to help themselves get something they didn't earn should be a major concern and issue for WG. If they saw the problem, refused to play, sat in spawn, and filed a dispute, fine. They arrived, they played, they lost, THEN it's a problem that should be reported. That is the issue.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users