New team- questions

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

weaselmaster #1 Posted Apr 22 2015 - 23:39

Corporal

• Players
  • 15483 battles
  • [LARRY] LARRY

A group of friends and I have decided to start a team and try our hand at WGLNA league. So after reading into a little bit about WGLNA and eSports, I have the understanding that you have to get through open league qualifiers to get into the open league, and then if you do well there you can get to bronze and get higher and higher. 

My question is pretty simple. How does registration to qualify for the open league work and around what time of the year (e.g. June) does registration usually begin. I think last year was June for the qualifiers.. is it usually the same every year?

Is there a calendar or something for this kind of stuff that I couldn't find?

Thank you for your help. 

-weasel

__SKY__LUKE #2 Posted Apr 22 2015 - 23:59

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 63707 battles
  • [TILTD] TILTD

Good Luck. June sounds about right.  The gold payouts are better elsewhere but it is a fun time if you have a good close knit group of guys.   Make it to the gold league and win that cash! :B

Reverend_Staggy #3 Posted Apr 23 2015 - 01:21

Corporal

• Players
  • 904 battles
hey weasel who all is getting into it from WD?

weaselmaster #4 Posted Apr 23 2015 - 02:02

Corporal

• Players
  • 15483 battles
  • [LARRY] LARRY

View Post7SKYfall7, on Apr 22 2015 - 23:59, said:

Good Luck. June sounds about right.  The gold payouts are better elsewhere but it is a fun time if you have a good close knit group of guys.   Make it to the gold league and win that cash! :B

Thanks! gold payouts are always nice but competitive teamplay is where it's at ;) 

View PostReverend_Staggy, on Apr 23 2015 - 01:21, said:

hey weasel who all is getting into it from WD?

We haven't set the full team yet but Nate/ephebus/RNG just to name a few. Nice to hear from you though :) 

Reverend_Staggy #5 Posted Apr 23 2015 - 02:41

Corporal

• Players
  • 904 battles

you to bo.  I miss league play like hell but can't do it yet.  gotta wait for the little to get older or the wife gets home lol....

Guest_scarybolts_* #6 Posted May 15 2015 - 16:00

Rumor has it that open league is going away! Course nothing publically said that I can find.  If I was you I would get your team together and begin the RANKED team battles and move up the ranks. Get playing the team battles and keep your eyes open for any bronze/silver/gold quals that may get posted.

There are changes coming but like I said it's apparently not been public.  In the past Open Cup was a series of 5 cups and you had to be top 8 overall through ALL cups to qualify for bronze 

_Jdawgg #7 Posted May 15 2015 - 17:24

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 10538 battles
  • [BE] BE

IMHO, the very first thing you need to do is actually get your entire team together. Make sure you have at least 8 or 9 people so that way if one or two cannot make it you are covered. If you get your people together in time, then it will be a relatively simple matter of joining the pre-season tournaments and you will get matched up with somewhat random teams. Don't get discouraged if you get a tough bracket and don't all that well, a brand new team takes time to gel properly and work well together. Other than just joining the pre-season tournament, you could get in touch with teams that are in the Bronze and Silver leagues and potentially do some scrims. It could help you in terms of figuring out what strats you will wanna use and so forth.

Basically, middle to end of June is when the League seasons will be kicking off, so while one might think that is plenty of time, think again because time flies. If there are any qualifiers, expect them to be out in the next week or two. They need to run those first to fill out the leagues for the teams that have dropped out. Other than that, have some fun, stomp some pubbies in ranked battles, and try to get into one of the leagues.

Best of luck, see you out on the battlefield.

_Jdawgg

Guest_stormcrowe_* #8 Posted May 15 2015 - 18:47

ok i got the email from dance this si some of the info from her on open and league dates.

Schedule for Season

Season will start on June 22, 2015 (subject to change) and play every Monday and Wednesday with 2 rounds a night. Approx. end to the regular season will be mid to end August. Playoffs will begin after the regular season is over and will end in September.

Times for the first battles will be 6:30 PDT and second battle starting at 7:33 PDT.

Please note that there is no Open Cup or Open League. If a team elects to not return to the Bronze League or qualify for a different League, they are encouraged to continue practicing through Ranked Team Battles.

Hope this answers your question.Now  im assuming there may be a bronze/silver qualifier like there was last season. If there is thats your way into league.IF not they did hint at ranked battles being a way to get a invite in also.

T4nK83 #9 Posted May 20 2015 - 21:29

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 16421 battles

View Poststormcrowe, on May 15 2015 - 09:47, said:

ok i got the email from dance this si some of the info from her on open and league dates.

Schedule for Season

Season will start on June 22, 2015 (subject to change) and play every Monday and Wednesday with 2 rounds a night. Approx. end to the regular season will be mid to end August. Playoffs will begin after the regular season is over and will end in September.

Times for the first battles will be 6:30 PDT and second battle starting at 7:33 PDT.

Please note that there is no Open Cup or Open League. If a team elects to not return to the Bronze League or qualify for a different League, they are encouraged to continue practicing through Ranked Team Battles.

Hope this answers your question.Now  im assuming there may be a bronze/silver qualifier like there was last season. If there is thats your way into league.IF not they did hint at ranked battles being a way to get a invite in also.

Wow! No more open Cup or Open League?

That sucks :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users