all the basics modpack doge

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

KingAlphyn #1 Posted Apr 29 2015 - 20:26

Major

• Players
  • 40195 battles
  • [FATE2] FATE2

If you downloaded this modpack on April 29, I recommend re-downloading and re-installing to solve several bugs discovered after release.

This modpack is meant to create a minimalist feel which does not bombard the player with too much information, is noob-friendly, well-polished, and just overall useful in every way that I could think of.

A vast majority of the content in this mod is not made by me, I just assemble it all together and make the bits work right. This modpack would not be possible without the prior work of Artasan, Aslain, Locastan, Reco, RKPhantom, J1mbo, Nagatron, Kodos, Hangman, OMC, GambitER, PoVitter, Grandpa and the XVM crew, and whoever did the Battle Assistant mod whose name I don't know yet.

Features:

-High-visibility railcars and dead tanks 
-Vertical tech tree 
-Jimbo's crosshairs and contours
-Unlocked camera constraints (including upward unlock)

-Simple overtarget markers with winrate showing. Colour of win-rate is WN8 colour.
-Hitlogs for dealt damage and received damage
-Improved minimap, with draw distance box and gun constraints for arty/TD
-No scope shadow 
-Simple hit direction indicators 
-Improved cap clocks 
-Session Tracker 
-Custom 6th sense indicator, 
-No postmortem tips 

-Improved zoom levels, and zoom level indicator up to 30x

-Evil Gaming clan icons (EG version only)

-White dead tanks

-Alternate artillery POV (battle assistant mod)

-Auto-aim assist: right-click near a tank, reticle snaps to it.

-Server reticle crosshairs

-NEW: Hangar-switching button, including camera unlock for event garage. Switches between all available hangars in your res folder.

-NEW: Checkbox to return crew to tank each time you select the tank automatically

-NEW: 6th sense, fire, and ammo-rack damage noises.

-Disabled XVM's new clan icon pushing to your cache thing. In order to un-disable this because you like to have lots of clan icons in a match, go to res_mods > mods > shared_resources > xvm and delete the folder there called 'cache'. I know it's empty, just trust me on this one.

-NEW: Fog remover.

-NEW: Safe-shot mod to prevent friendly-fire.

THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW WHEN RUNNING THIS MODPACK:

• Frowney-face by other tanks, friend or foe, means they have stock turret.
  • Press G while in overhead view to use the alternative 1st-person artillery view.
  • Press Alt for different tank information. (percentages instead of hitpoints, tank tier, dead tank info, and remaining hitpoints list in top left corner).
  • To make clan overtarget markers for any clan, place a 64x64 png image into the res_mods>mods>shared_resources>xvm>res>clanicons>NA folder. For example, if I wanted to mark all Relic tanks, I'd put an image in there called RELIC.png and make sure it was 64x64 pixels in size. The XVM website has a download available containing many of these.
  • Player-name colours use the WN8 system and are as follows: Awfulsub-pardecentgoodOMFG_go_outside_once_in_a_while
  • The new reticle is a two-ring reticle. Jimbo says that the outer ring should account for 95% of your shots, and the inner ring is 68% of your shots. This reticle DOES cause a known glitch with the reload timer. Unfortunately we don't have a fix for this presently.
  • The square on the minimap is your draw distance for tanks. You can't see anyone outside of it.
  • Right-click near a tank to snap your auto-aim to that tank.
  • The vertical tech tree has a known aesthetic issue where the screen can only be scrolled as far as is necessary to bring all tanks into the screen. Would be better if one could scroll further than that, but it'll do.

Screenshots:

Install Instructions:

Unzip the folder. Drag the Res_Mods folder within into your World of Tanks folder and allow it to merge. 

Versions and download links: 

De-bugged version with no clan icons over tanks (alternative link)

De-bugged version with clan icons over top (and EG) clans' tanks (alternative link)

Charity:

Last year, I had the pleasure to meet Rachael Spence, a veterinarian from my home city of Edmonton, who travels to Rwanda every year. 2015 will be the 11th consecutive year. She has several ongoing projects there, all aimed at teaching Rwandan farmers basic animal husbandry, so that their animals will be more productive and less likely to perish. These skills were largely lost when many skilled farmers were killed in the genocide of 1994, and so establishing co-operatives with the skill and resources to spread this knowledge has been having great effect at improving lives in some desperately poor regions. Her charity is very small, operating on a budget of about 40,000 dollars per year, and has no overhead or formal fundraising whatsoever. 100% of any money donated to the program goes directly to the project in Rwanda.

Check it out, and consider tossing in 5 or 10 bucks to help bolster this underfunded program and this passionate vet. http://www.k4kpromotingeducation.com/apap.html 

Reason I do this:

Because I love you.

haup #2 Posted Apr 29 2015 - 20:29

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3350 battles
  • [--Z--] --Z--
Thank you for this.

Superterminator #3 Posted Apr 29 2015 - 20:52

Captain

• Players
  • 7631 battles
Cool beans, I'll be getting this pack once your upload is finished. Just gotta add in my hitzone skins and I'll be set!

KingAlphyn #4 Posted Apr 29 2015 - 20:56

Major

• Players
  • 40195 battles
  • [FATE2] FATE2
Should be straightforward. Nothing I've got in here should conflict with simple skins.

CaguamaMkII #5 Posted Apr 29 2015 - 21:02

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 48008 battles

Best modpack_NA!!!

Just trying the flea-less version, it is even better!!!

Superterminator #6 Posted Apr 29 2015 - 21:02

Captain

• Players
  • 7631 battles
Just kind of a clarity pointer, you probably could merge the  "high visibility trains and dead tanks" and "white dead tanks" notes.

KingAlphyn #7 Posted Apr 29 2015 - 21:42

Major

• Players
  • 40195 battles
  • [FATE2] FATE2
Links are up, let me know that it's all working right for folks.

GoodJobMr2Percent #8 Posted Apr 30 2015 - 00:09

Private

• -Players-
  • 18374 battles
The only thing I've noticed so far is the WN8 color coding isn't showing up on my game. Other than that excellent mod.

LegitN00b #9 Posted Apr 30 2015 - 02:24

Private

• Players
  • 1250 battles
  • [NASCA] NASCA

Just downloaded the modpack, and I love all the featues of it. However, I have a couple UI issues: http://imgur.com/a/wt8wi. In the first image, the information for the mission simply fails to load. In the second, it isn't formatted properly, with the reward coming off the window and overlapping my tanks. In the final image, the event box isn't formatted properly and it's impossible to read. Seems like it's just an issue with missions.

Also, is there any way to get rid of the Cute 6th sense indicator and the yellow tint on premiums? Just personal preference.

Thanks for the awesome modpack!

Edited by LegitN00b, Apr 30 2015 - 02:25.

KingAlphyn #10 Posted Apr 30 2015 - 04:05

Major

• Players
  • 40195 battles
  • [FATE2] FATE2

View PostGoodJobMr2Percent, on Apr 29 2015 - 16:09, said:

The only thing I've noticed so far is the WN8 color coding isn't showing up on my game. Other than that excellent mod.

You have to go to http://www.modxvm.com/ and activate statistics services.

View PostLegitN00b, on Apr 29 2015 - 18:24, said:

Just downloaded the modpack, and I love all the featues of it. However, I have a couple UI issues: http://imgur.com/a/wt8wi. In the first image, the information for the mission simply fails to load. In the second, it isn't formatted properly, with the reward coming off the window and overlapping my tanks. In the final image, the event box isn't formatted properly and it's impossible to read. Seems like it's just an issue with missions.

Also, is there any way to get rid of the Cute 6th sense indicator and the yellow tint on premiums? Just personal preference.

Thanks for the awesome modpack!

6th sense indicator image is located at res_mods > mods > shared resources > xvm > res. You can replace it with any image you want, or you can just delete it and have the crappy little lightbulb back.

To replace the gold premium tanks, go to res_mods > 0.9.7 > gui > maps > icons > vehicle and remove the gold ones. I /think/ that just removing them will make the game use the default icons. If not and that causes issues, look up a set of garage icons and swap them in.

On the missions not loading... Crap... Uhm... Standby, I missed that in bug-finding. Let me figure out what's causing that and I'll get back to you.

LegitN00b #11 Posted Apr 30 2015 - 04:16

Private

• Players
  • 1250 battles
  • [NASCA] NASCA

View PostKingAlphyn, on Apr 30 2015 - 03:05, said:

You have to go to http://www.modxvm.com/ and activate statistics services.

6th sense indicator image is located at res_mods > mods > shared resources > xvm > res. You can replace it with any image you want, or you can just delete it and have the crappy little lightbulb back.

To replace the gold premium tanks, go to res_mods > 0.9.7 > gui > maps > icons > vehicle and remove the gold ones. I /think/ that just removing them will make the game use the default icons. If not and that causes issues, look up a set of garage icons and swap them in.

On the missions not loading... Crap... Uhm... Standby, I missed that in bug-finding. Let me figure out what's causing that and I'll get back to you.

Great to hear! Thanks for the support, man.

KingAlphyn #12 Posted Apr 30 2015 - 04:25

Major

• Players
  • 40195 battles
  • [FATE2] FATE2

Once you get the hang of what thing where does what, you can start tweaking things to your personal liking. My config here is just a nice pre-set that I figure some people will like most of, enough that the things they don't like aren't worth dicking around with the files over. :D Also, upvotes for all feedback!

Ahah, found it and fixed it.

For anyone who has already downloaded the modpack, go to res_mods > 9.7 > gui > flash and delete the file called QuestsComponents.swf

LegitN00b #13 Posted Apr 30 2015 - 04:47

Private

• Players
  • 1250 battles
  • [NASCA] NASCA

View PostKingAlphyn, on Apr 30 2015 - 03:25, said:

For anyone who has already downloaded the modpack, go to res_mods > 9.7 > gui > flash and delete the file called QuestsComponents.swf

This worked perfectly for me! Thanks again!

KingAlphyn #14 Posted Apr 30 2015 - 04:59

Major

• Players
  • 40195 battles
  • [FATE2] FATE2

KingAlphyn #15 Posted Apr 30 2015 - 05:18

Major

• Players
  • 40195 battles
  • [FATE2] FATE2

The new unbugged links are up. Thanks for the bugtesting. :D

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread over the next few days, so please do share questions/comments/problems.

obsidion #16 Posted Apr 30 2015 - 07:40

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9271 battles
when i download it, it comes up in notepad how do i get it into the files i need?

KingAlphyn #17 Posted Apr 30 2015 - 08:24

Major

• Players
  • 40195 battles
  • [FATE2] FATE2
... Is it not downloading as a .rar compressed file?

obsidion #18 Posted Apr 30 2015 - 08:44

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9271 battles

View PostKingAlphyn, on Apr 30 2015 - 17:24, said:

... Is it not downloading as a .rar compressed file?

nope, it will go to the page and say can't preview in .rar then i download it and it opens in notepad all the time

KingAlphyn #19 Posted Apr 30 2015 - 09:15

Major

• Players
  • 40195 battles
  • [FATE2] FATE2

I... Don't know what to tell you about this. Does your computer not know what to do with rar files? Just go to where you downloaded it to, and uncompress.

KingAlphyn #20 Posted Apr 30 2015 - 09:22

Major

• Players
  • 40195 battles
  • [FATE2] FATE2
Ahhhhh, poop. There was something wrong with the xvm config files that I've now fixed. Gotta re-upload again anyways.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users