Forum and WG Portal login bug

Tanks Ships Planes Generals Blitz

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

warrends #1 Posted May 03 2015 - 14:03

Major

• -Players-
  • 21168 battles

Using Firefox, latest version with no mods, there seems to be a bug in logging in to all of the above (tagged) areas. All of the forums are fine as I can log in to each one and then log back out. But whenever I try the portal for Tanks or Planes I am stuck in there with whatever account I logged in last and cannot log out. In Tanks it's my son's account. In Planes it's my account (no portal for Ships or Generals (both beta) nor for Blitz (I guess since it's a phone game)). So I'll log into these here Tank forums, but then click the Portal button up top and a new tab appears with the Tanks Portal, but I'm logged in as my son: here for me but there for my son, simultaneously. While he's a good player (better than me ...), that shouldn't be. When you log in you should be logged in as one single account throughout all of WG's content. I never have the "Remember me" checkbox checked (just in case). I've just gone into Firefox and deleted all saved passwords for anything WG-related. I've also deleted my entire Firefox history and cache (which is a pain as now I have to retype the passwords and such to the 1,000 other sites that I go to weekly).

So for now, until WG can tell me what's wrong, and it has to be them since I've had this problem before (cannot remember how I got out of it) and I have never had a logging out problem with any other site, I'm stuck logged in as my son in the Tanks Portal. Will make it a bit of a pain if I decide to go clan hunting again, or perhaps buy something in the store.

Help please.

iBeany #2 Posted May 03 2015 - 14:07

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13206 battles
Go to your internet browser, and delete all data/cookies/history. It makes the browser like you have never even used it before.  It is pretty much a reset.  

warrends #3 Posted May 03 2015 - 14:11

Major

• -Players-
  • 21168 battles

View PostiBeany, on May 03 2015 - 13:07, said:

Go to your internet browser, and delete all cookies/history. It makes the browser like you have never even used it before.  It is pretty much a reset.  

Thanks, but thought I said I did that already. Complete history delete. That's why it's got to be a WG thing.

By the way, just submitted a ticket to Support. I noticed that in clicking the Support button I had to log in again, so I could submit as me and not my son, Strange ...

ImezRuez2 #4 Posted May 14 2015 - 14:16

Corporal

• Players
  • 24606 battles
  • [EZ_CO] EZ_CO
Ya for the last month or so I've had to log in with my tablet to enter tournaments since it tells me "login temporarily disabled" whenever I try to enter a tourney from my PC. Wiped cookies on firefox and still disabled log in. VERY frustrating.

Also tagged with Tanks, Ships, Planes, Generals, Blitz

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users